• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventron

2i0vs76.jpg

Mar

Ventron said:

Happy birthday!

I almost picked up NFS this morning but realised I won't get to play it until Friday night anyway. Will grab it then.

Any Ausgaffers with NFS or not feel free to add me on live: Mar 360x

Megadrive said:
there were quick time events in cod4? I don't remember. As much as i hated (yes, hated) all ghillied up and the rescue heli pilot missions, they are what still sticks out to me about the game. I think cod4 really put the player in your soldier's shoes by giving even a limited amount of freedom of movement to the player during cutscenes. It sure made the
nuke
that much more hard-hitting, for instance.
Not so much "quicktime events", but more interactive stuff during "cutscenes". Like in COD MW2 where you have the
knife stuck in you
(do we need MW2 spoiler tags at this point?) or in COD MW where
you're crawling at the end and need to shoot whatshisface
. In contrast, BLOPS makes you watch the cutscenes with no involvement whatsoever.

Near the end of BLOPS, there's a scene which felt like it ran for more than 10 minutes (probably half that, thanks MTV) and felt the need to explain the whole plot to me, in case I'd already forgotten.

Choc said:
the
fuck yeah america
ending of black ops sucks because
the usa lost the vietnam war
Also called the
American War
by
the Vietnamese

Oh yeah, and BLOPS didn't even require me to
press any button or control in any way
in order to
take off in the SR71
. Seriously, try for yourself.

hamchan

Choc said:
the
fuck yeah america
ending of black ops sucks because
the usa lost the vietnam war

Ah but the main objective in Black Ops wasn't about winning the Vietnam War, that just happened to be on at the same time. It was about
stopping Nova 6 from being released and killing Kravchenko, Steiner and Dragovich.

Choc

Banned
true ham but it still doesn't sit right in the context of the game.

Omi, just been backed by the board so given the real world expect a sacking any day now :p

tis ok, im just doing this one as the learning curve game then ill get stuck in again

Fredescu

Choc said:
NFS is a flagship title. The EA digital service is being promoted first to try and get most sales from there.
Nice guess, but wrong.
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-NFSHPUK/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-limited-edition-uk
http://www.direct2drive.com/1/9956/product/Buy-Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-Limited-Edition-Download
http://www.impulsedriven.com/nfshotpursuit

EA is extremely strange when it comes to Steam. MoH, Deathspank, and Shank are actively marketed on there. FIFA Manager is there but FIFA is not. Spore is there but the Sims is not. NFS: Shift is on there, but Hot Pursuit is not. Every missing game is available on D2D which itself has a large market share.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So, anyone else getting Kinect today?

I've already had the sensor + adventures for ages, but will probably pick up some other game today.

If you are looking for a cheap 250GB bundle, BIG W has it on special :lol
2le6kpl.png

MrSerrels

Been messing about with Kinect for the last couple of days.

Was totally freaked out when someone invited me to Kinect chat and the camera started following me as I walked around the room. Mental.

Dance Central is rad.

But why the hell is voice control region locked. Makes absolutely no sense whatsover. Someone in Montreal can't use it while the dude in New York can. So retarded.

MrSerrels said:
But why the hell is voice control region locked. Makes absolutely no sense whatsover. Someone in Montreal can't use it while the dude in New York can. So retarded.
Accents and different languages?

Frawdder

Fredescu said:
Nice guess, but wrong.
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-NFSHPUK/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-limited-edition-uk
http://www.direct2drive.com/1/9956/product/Buy-Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-Limited-Edition-Download
http://www.impulsedriven.com/nfshotpursuit

EA is extremely strange when it comes to Steam. MoH, Deathspank, and Shank are actively marketed on there. FIFA Manager is there but FIFA is not. Spore is there but the Sims is not. NFS: Shift is on there, but Hot Pursuit is not. Every missing game is available on D2D which itself has a large market share.
Yeah, this is what makes no sense. EA obviously wants to promote their own (shit) store because then they will get 100% of the money. But in the same breath make games available on D2D, GamersGate and Impulse but not on Steam. Fucking EA.

trinest

Clipper said:
That's a good price for a local release. It's a pity it costs about the same as this shipping from Amazon, though:
51NxJpHDl%2BL._AA300_.jpg
Speaking about the CE- is there a PAL version- if so anyone doing good prices for it- both import and locally?

markot

Banned
The EA store isnt that bad anymore, they have removed download limits, and the new program/downloader is kinda nice.

fyi >.<

Crysis is like 11 bucks on it right now, and wars is for 11 too >.>!

Fredescu

Shaneus said:
What are delivery times for launch games from Game.com.au like? Melbourne CBD here. Just checking for GT5:CE.
They've been very good for me, often next day, but I'm in Sydney and I'm fairly sure their warehouse is here.

markot said:
Crysis is like 11 bucks on it right now, and wars is for 11 too >.>!
And every other game is $80! Awesome!

Shaneus

Cheers Fred... though I've just found that Harvey Norman is selling the CE for only $1 more and are far easier for me to get to than any Game store (and more likely to break street?). Think I've found my preorder place.

Hardest decision is whether to take off Thursday, Friday or both :/

Clipper

trinest said:
Speaking about the CE- is there a PAL version- if so anyone doing good prices for it- both import and locally?
I don't think there's a local version. Somebody (EB perhaps?) has a pre-order campaign to get the Mickey figurine, but I think that's all you get.

For the import, I'd say Amazon is a good price (US$64) , but they don't seem to be offering me the same shipping options that they were when I ordered mine any more, so it might only be worth it if you have a friend who can ship it to you. It seems the cheapest shipping at the moment is $20.

It also seems ozgameshop has the UK standard version for AU$40 shipped.

MrSerrels said:
But really? It works in the UK, and that's full of the most bizarre different accents you can find.
I didn't say my suggestion was a good reason. But the software is probably only designed mainly to work with American accents. Which do vary a lot anyway.

senahorse

user_nat said:
So, anyone else getting Kinect today?

GF and I are picking up one after work today, and after we swap over a dead motherboard at umart (that's going to be fun...). We are getting the kinect bundle from BigW with free Your Shape, as well as Sports and Dance Central, now I am in the middle of convincing her we need to pickup EA Sports Active 2 as well :lol

MrSerrels

codswallop said:
I didn't say my suggestion was a good reason. But the software is probably only designed mainly to work with American accents. Which do vary a lot anyway.

Nah it's probably the right reason. But it just really sucks that we're paying more for a gimped service.

Dance Central still rules.

legend166

Clipper said:
I don't think there's a local version. Somebody (EB perhaps?) has a pre-order campaign to get the Mickey figurine, but I think that's all you get.

For the import, I'd say Amazon is a good price (US$64) , but they don't seem to be offering me the same shipping options that they were when I ordered mine any more, so it might only be worth it if you have a friend who can ship it to you. It seems the cheapest shipping at the moment is $20.

It also seems ozgameshop has the UK standard version for AU$40 shipped.

Wat.

I was going to buy from JB so I could get it on release, but that price is too good to refuse.

Choc

Banned
Apple’s Australian company has defended its decision to set high retail prices for Beatles albums and tracks on the local iTunes website, insisting the lower prices in the US are irrelevant.

trinest

legend166 said:
Wat.

I was going to buy from JB so I could get it on release, but that price is too good to refuse.
I agree- was going to get it from ozshop if there wasn't a CE or anything. Seen the price in the email they sent out- I was like "wait- what" haahaa.

Holy shit, I thought the 3D head on the AssBro Auditore Edition was some sort of hologram or something.

But no, I open up the box and what do I pull out? Ezio's fucking head.

My Bayonetta gun has a new competitor for stupidest CE accessory ever. No offense Mar.

Also, Game.com.au ships from Baulkham Hills (Sydney)

markot

Banned
Choc said:
Apple’s Australian company has defended its decision to set high retail prices for Beatles albums and tracks on the local iTunes website, insisting the lower prices in the US are irrelevant.

Ass turds >.<

Not really worth taking photos of, its just a cardboard head.

Not papercraft, just some weird embossing shit.

Also, at work so a bit hard to take pics, but I will when I get home if anyone is really that interested.

Omikron

Choc said:

:lol

Whats the difference without me going and looking it up?

Never mind, I googled and found...

420_itune-beatles-copy-420x0.jpg

Choc

Banned
we really get fucked over in this country so many ways

food is becoming fucking ridiculously expensive

i bought twice the shit i buy in australia when i was in the UK and paid half the fucking price

Fuck the arsehole cartel cunts fuck them in the arse

Omikron

Choc said:
we really get fucked over in this country so many ways

food is becoming fucking ridiculously expensive

i bought twice the shit i buy in australia when i was in the UK and paid half the fucking price

Fuck the arsehole cartel cunts fuck them in the arse

Some would argue that is what we get for a high standard of living / wages etc etc...

Ydahs

So I finally got around to playing The Conduit, and it's not that bad of a game. Loving the controls but because of my wrist injury a couple of years ago it means that I can't play for extended periods :(

HVS has an impressive engine going, but it's a shame it's wasted on an endless stream of dark corridors (so far). It's certainly got me wanting to buy more Wii FPS games, so Red Steel 2, Goldeneye and Conduit 2 are now on my radar.

Hoping to finish it tonight or tomorrow and get started on No More Heroes 2 before I FINALLY play Super Mario Galaxy 2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom