• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Waste your real life with some of us in WoW

Ausgaf sort of has a guild in WoW and with next weeks Cataclysm release I figured I would make a post letting anyone else who isn’t already involved know about it.

Who:<Giraffe> on Horde side Caelestrasz server.

Goals: To level casually as a group, enjoying quests and 5 mans along the way. Helping out those who need it.

How to waste your life with us: Send me a PM over gaf or wait until the day after cataclsym and add EvlTank to your friends list, I will invite you when i'm online.

You can join before cataclysm hits but we won’t be leveling until then. Some have already started though like Holycheck and Bananaarnie and orbi and danoss will join later as they have mains. You are allowed to level as fast or slow as you wish, you pay for the game so enjoy it how you see fit. Friends and partners are welcome if you want to destroy their lives as well.

Rules: Don’t be a dickhead, no stealing from guild bank ;D

Current users who may play: I'm bad at making lists in gafs reply box so here's one we made earlier on the wiki! http://ausgaffe.wikidot.com/wowaa

If anyone has anything else to add apart from "God no, don't do it people!" then reply away.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Fear my mighty Robin Hood impersonator.

r27JA.png

Shaneus

Omi said:
Didn't they remove a drug injection animation or some such?

Which was in the end removed from all version of teh game?
I think there was a reference to morphine in it. They just changed the name of the drug IIRC.

Omikron

Ahh yes, that as well.

I remember cracking the shits that Australia had forced such a ridiculous change, ordered from the UK or the US, only to end up with the same fucking version. :lol

Omikron

http://www.supermeatboy.com/

- CRASHING DURING GAMPLAY AFTER ABOUT 3 LEVELS There was an error where save games weren't saving, mainly because a folder was missing in the installer, not sure why it got made on some builds and not others, but it was the problem. This would cause grabbing bandage girl to crash at random times as well as initial runs of the game to crash. Those of you that had problems with the game starting even after the install of DirectX, this could have been your problem. This issue has been (As long as the update makes the folder) resolved.

Hurrah!

Choc

Banned
i dunno he does make a few valid points

TONS of editorials all over the place today saying fifa fuck the cash, you want expansion give it to australia

all over the net (except in countries that want it themselves)

also a key factor in the 2022 bids is that we are the only one with federal government backing

White House has not backed the US bid

Omikron

Choc said:
i dunno he does make a few valid points

TONS of editorials all over the place today saying fifa fuck the cash, you want expansion give it to australia

all over the net (except in countries that want it themselves)

also a key factor in the 2022 bids is that we are the only one with federal government backing

White House has not backed the US bid

I tend to read the Guardian, and they are saying Qatar impressed etc.... which is worrying. :lol

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
I tend to read the Guardian, and they are saying Qatar impressed etc.... which is worrying. :lol

if QATAR get it the ENTIRE WORLD Will know FIFA is a farce

one city can not host a wrold cup

FIFA need to ask themselves has QATAR proven themselves with commonwealth, olympic, rugby world cup games etc etc?

course not....

can't give the biggest tournament on the planet with no track record, if you are sane anyway

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think i know why people don't buy DVDs anymore. I'm currently watching Barbie and the three musketeers and holy shit there's been like 3 barbie movie adverts so far, the movie hasn't even fucking started yet. After 5 minutes i'm finally at the movie. Insane.

I also watch Thundersbirds in 1080p this morning. My childhood was ruined, the strings!

Choc

Banned
Omi did you see the riots in England this morning villa birmingham?

How not to win a world cup, have that happen on the DAY YOUR COUNTRY IS POSSIBLY GETTING IT FOR 2018

LOL

crazy, absolutely crazy

rass

evlcookie said:
I think i know why people don't buy DVDs anymore. I'm currently watching Barbie and the three musketeers and holy shit there's been like 3 barbie movie adverts so far, the movie hasn't even fucking started yet. After 5 minutes i'm finally at the movie. Insane.

I also watch Thundersbirds in 1080p this morning. My childhood was ruined, the strings!
why are you watching Barbie and the three musketeers at midday on a Thursday? Let alone at all? Maybe it's awesome and I should watch it.

Omikron

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:
why are you watching Barbie and the three musketeers at midday on a Thursday? Let alone at all? Maybe it's awesome and I should watch it.

Bosses daughters dvd i guess. Have to send it back tomorrow, figured i would check it out while there's not much to do.

I mean really, how bad could it be? Although i have no idea what the appeal is but then again i'm not a 7yr old girl. Barbie sure looks different though, if it's even barbie or some other clone that looks like she is in her mid 20s.

Oh i also have metallica playing in the background. If i was paying attention this could be a dark side of oz number 2, but i'm not too sure on that one. Also i just realised this main girl isn't barbie it's corinne or something. The fuck?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh god this old lady just said, you have much to learn. Isn't that yoda? I think this is a human old female version of yoda.

I also don't understand why it's three musketeers, there's now 4 of them learning how to be pro.

Bosses daughter's DVD. Riiiiiiiiight.

You just want to learn about the power of love, friendship and believing in yourself, don't you?

EDIT: There were always 4 musketeers. The original three are Aramis, Porthos and Athos. The rookie is D'Artagnan.

rass

viciouskillersquirrel said:

You just want to learn about the power of love, friendship and believing in yourself, don't you?
did you read that blurb off the back of your bosses daughter's dvd slipcase?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:

EDIT: There were always 4 musketeers. The original three are Aramis, Porthos and Athos. The rookie is D'Artagnan.

Maybe i do. I was talking to the girl in retail and how she is into making docos about humanity (for the most part) and how she has goals etc, I have none and she found that odd. So maybe this movie will inspire me to find a passion in life.

Never know!

Agyar said:
You automatically lose by being Australian and such not even having access to the scheme.
God dammit Microsoft. Dammit to hell. I want my 20 points.

MrSerrels said:
Hey dudes, I spoke to the Australian Christian Lobby about the R18+ rating and the new Lit Review. I'm biased, but I think it's worth reading.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/12/ready-we-talk-to-the-australian-christian-lobby-on-r18/
"That standard isn’t going to please everyone, but we need to protect innocent children wherever possible."
Won't somebody think of the children?!

jambo

dcD3h.jpg

:D

EDIT: I'm up to 1900 Club Nintendo points now. If I pick up SMG and Mario Kart Wii I should be able to get a Club Nintendo shirt!

Bernbaum

Oh man, the things I would read off the back of my boss's daughter's DVD case. ME-OW!

Will get the Mario 25th pack from DSE but will have to backburner a DKCR pickup if/when my timetable clears up.

Cookie, if I had two lifetimes of time available, I would jump in and check out what WoW is all about. I now have a two hour window of me-time every day, currently contested over by about half a dozen different pursuits of which gaming is an ever-diminishing contender. It pained me to cut writing from that list six months ago and the balancing act isn't getting any easier.

Might I recommend Sydney's Coda and their delightful album 'Calling Mission Mu' to my music-loving chums.

jambo said:
dcD3h.jpg

:D

EDIT: I'm up to 1900 Club Nintendo points now. If I pick up SMG and Mario Kart Wii I should be able to get a Club Nintendo shirt!

Yeah yeah what now bitches?!?

5ai0s7.jpg

I have 1900 as well :lol Need to register my Red Wii for massive gainage.

Bernbaum

Pac-Man CE DX is hot liquid crack.

So is the soundtrack - add it to your jogging iPod mix, and you'll jog your way to China.

Haven't had a 'zen-gaming' experience like this since the sugar-rush of Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 (ZOMG Pacifism!) or the later levels of Meteos.

Bernbaum said:
Haven't had a 'zen-gaming' experience like this since
Played Super Meat Boy yet? I CBF reading back a few pages to figure out if you did. Had a few zen moments myself with that game. Really need to finish the last Light World level and about 75% of the Dark World ones.

Bernbaum

codswallop said:
Played Super Meat Boy yet? I CBF reading back a few pages to figure out if you did. Had a few zen moments myself with that game. Really need to finish the last Light World level and about 75% of the Dark World ones.
No.

We have five 360 controllers floating around the house. I'd probably love the hell out of Super Meat Boy, but lose three of those controllers in the process.

Bernbaum said:
No.

We have five 360 controllers floating around the house. I'd probably love the hell out of Super Meat Boy, but lose three of those controllers in the process.
I'm a bit of a controller chucker, but oddly I've never found Meat Boy frustrating enough to throw a controller. I developed a bit of a callous on my left thumb and right middle finger though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like there's a JB around the corner here, 15 minute walk or so. I was about to head out until it started to rain. Fuck you rain and city weather.

Aren't you in the city rass? Buy me something from crown!

In Australia Pocky is usually sold in Asian convenience markets along with other Asian foods and products.

Why didn't you buy some locally bern?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom