• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
To bide the time as you wait for the announcement... an Aussie fail from Failblog:
2b14806f-b1c6-4bc1-a576-4980415b884c.jpg

Hopefully the Aussie bid team doesn't fail as hard as JB did...

The fail is obviously the extra apostrophe, right?

JB You've done it again!

So I found out why mail has been totally slow from overseas. The security measures they've put in place for baggage after the packages from Yemeni addresses. So it's caused a backlog due to freight allocations for unaccompanied baggage and it's also Christmas soon, plus parity.

Oh, and the Airbus problems too.

Damn it.

Rlan

Alas, no Marslando Calrissian on the buttons :/

*thudadadada*

ASSAULT! ASSAULT! You touched me offica sorry.

Clipper

pilonv1 said:
I saw something similar at Parramatta JB a few weeks ago.
I'm not surprised. "Flicks" would be a word that shows up in their signs quite often, and the marker style they use make this mistake all too easy, but still hilarious.

Heh, you saw more than Mummy kissing Santa Clause this year...

Rlan said:
Alas, no Marslando Calrissian on the buttons :/

*thudadadada*

ASSAULT! ASSAULT! You touched me offica sorry.
A cheese powered economy. It's clean, delicious energy.

I love cheese. Anyone got a bit of cheese?

*budomp bomp bomp, budomp bomp bomp*

I miss Get This so much :-(

Bernbaum

Just wrote a 2,000 word email in Microsoft Exchange.

Clicked send.

Session had elapsed, as I spent over an hour writing the email in the one frame without saving.

Sent to log-in page. Logged in, email lost.

I'm going to go for a long, calming walk whilst the entire 'Get This' back catalogue downloads in my iTunes and I can see what the fuss is about.

Dead Man

Bernbaum said:
Just wrote a 2,000 word email in Microsoft Exchange.

Clicked send.

Session had elapsed, as I spent over an hour writing the email in the one frame without saving.

Sent to log-in page. Logged in, email lost.

I'm going to go for a long, calming walk whilst the entire 'Get This' back catalogue downloads in my iTunes and I can see what the fuss is about.
That sucks. Expiring sessions are the worst thing about webapps.

caromelo

Clipper said:
To bide the time as you wait for the announcement... an Aussie fail from Failblog:
2b14806f-b1c6-4bc1-a576-4980415b884c.jpg

Hopefully the Aussie bid team doesn't fail as hard as JB did...

The fail is obviously the extra apostrophe, right?

If only they had an employee named clint and chose his top flicks...

Clipper

So on the Fox Sports stream, they are saying that somebody leaked the result and Qatar is already celebrating. It's pretty dodgy if it really has leaked...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Don't worry guys, The 2026 bid is looking good. Will be able to go see it with my Grandkids.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Round 1: Australia1 vote, Japan 3 votes, US 3 votes, South Korea 4 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 2: Japan 2 votes, South Korea 5 votes, US 5 votes and Qatar 10 votes.

Round 3 South Korea 5 votes, US 6 votes and Qatar 11 votes.

Round 4 US 8 votes and Qatar 14 votes (Qatar obtain absolute majority)

can you vote for yourself? :lol :lol :lol

Choc

Banned
Today I am ashamed to be a referee of a sport with such a corrupt governing body

Many massive football associatons are calling for a major corruption probe into fifa and for the wc voting process to be overhauled

We got done round 1? Well done FIFA yo probably just guaranteed the worlds most fun sporting nation will never bid again

Disgraceful

I would have been ok with anyone but qatar but how can you pick the country with zero infrastructure, no stadiums, hardly any people and its bloody hot that time of year

The fact is that you can't and have any dignity left. Honestly questuoning my role in the sport after this shambloic show from my so called bosses and I can tell you I am not the only one.

d4533

HolyCheck said:
can you vote for yourself? :lol :lol :lol
You can vote for yourself but Australia lost it's vote for some reason I can't recall at the moment. So at least one other country voted for us

caromelo

Oceania will have no part in choosing the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 Football world cups.

The Oceania confederation has lost its voting rights following suspended president Reynald Temarii's decision to appeal his one-year ban for breaking FIFA ethics rules.

FIFA has said Temarii could be replaced in Friday's World Cup votes only if he gave up office by renouncing an appeal.

Temarii was secretly filmed by British newspaper the Sunday Times, appearing to offer his World Cup vote in exchange for funding for a football academy in New Zealand.

FIFA cleared Temarii of corruption charges last month, but banned him from football duty for one year for breaches of loyalty and confidentiality.

The appeal is a major setback for Australia's bid to host the 2022 tournament as Australia was guaranteed Oceania's vote and there had been optimism that acting Oceania president David Chung would be allowed to replace Temarii in the voting procedure.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/63128/oceania-will-have-no-part-in-world-cup-voting

Omikron

user_nat said:
Was somewhat tongue in cheek, how were we to know it was rigged.

Looking at the voting, after we were knocked out, one of the Qatari votes ends up with Korea, clearly wanting to keep them in the game ahead of Japan who had the stronger bid. Fucking joke.

giri

Choc said:
Today I am ashamed to be a referee of a sport with such a corrupt governing body

Many massive football associatons are calling for a major corruption probe into fifa and for the wc voting process to be overhauled

We got done round 1? Well done FIFA yo probably just guaranteed the worlds most fun sporting nation will never bid again

Disgraceful

I would have been ok with anyone but qatar but how can you pick the country with zero infrastructure, no stadiums, hardly any people and its bloody hot that time of year

The fact is that you can't and have any dignity left. Honestly questuoning my role in the sport after this shambloic show from my so called bosses and I can tell you I am not the only one.

Yes and no. Australian soccer in and of it self is corrupt to the point of absurdity, and there's no real gurantee the A league will even be around in 2022. Did i also mention that the people running Australian soccer at the highest level are self interested morons? no realy, they're dead set flat out stupid.

But at the grass roots level it shouldn't be about that, it should be about your love of the game, and having fun. If you never buy another aus soccer sponsored jersey etc, fine. But don't let those idiots ruin the game for you.

(I say this as someone who can't stand soccer in general)

ManeKast

Don't know much about Football politics but, would the decision to hold the cup in Quatar have anything to do with how much money the host country has? Is Quatar extremely wealthy / oil rich?

Choc

Banned
ManeKast said:
Don't know much about Football politics but, would the decision to hold the cup in Quatar have anything to do with how much money the host country has? Is Quatar extremely wealthy / oil rich?

it 100% have something to do with this and the kickbacks and bribes that have been proven

legend166

Qatar is so small.

It's like holding a World Cup in Singapore.

One of the best things about World Cups is that different teams get based in different cities and they develop a connection to that city. Who can forget K-Town in Germany?

It takes an hour and 15 minutes to drive from the west of Qatar to the east of Qatar.

Choc

Banned
reasons qatar is fucked decision

Population of 1 million

-2 cities, 14 stadiums need to be built

-50.4 degrees was the temperature day 1 of South Africa world cup in Qatar, crazy you cant play football in that heat!!!

-Shocking human rights violations

-Alcohol and skimpy clothing is banned

-TV Rights won’t sell for much

-No one will fly there

-Hardly any accommodation

-Rated biggest risk in the bid reports by FIFA

Just ridiculous. Oh well, massive investigation into FIFA will now commence and the lot of them will have to resign just like the IOC 30 years ago and finally people who give a shit about the game will run it.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Sure, by who? You?

Many many football associations are already questioning the decision for 2022 and believe it was corrupt

Football Associations that can have an impact on FIFA. Who started to investigate the IOC? Member nations of the IOC..... thats who....

I can see a number of nations boycotting the 2022 cup due to the heat and which massive clubs in their right mind are going to let their superstars who get paid 5 million pounds a week to play go play in 50 degree heat, none. They will pay them not to go and pull out of the national squads.

Choc

Banned
8:49AM Qataris danced along the Gulf waterfront today and used the symbol of the last World Cup - the vuvuzela - to blast their joy at being named host of the 2022 tournament.

oh shit another world cup with those fucking things

Fredescu

Choc said:
Many many football associations are already questioning the decision for 2022 and believe it was corrupt
Have some quotes handy? Preferably from FAs from nations not bidding for 2022.

Choc

Banned
jambo said:
I some how doubt they'll be playing outside.

Indoor stadiums yo.

FIFA World Cup rules say the matches must be played in open roofed stadiums

if they change it now just for one tournament, corruption confirmed

Fleet Street is going to have a field day tommorow, cant' wait!

jambo

Also the 1 million population thing doesn't really matter, there are 150 million people in the Persian Gulf alone and hundreds of millions more in the Middle East and northern Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom