• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
evlcookie said:
Looks like there's a JB around the corner here, 15 minute walk or so. I was about to head out until it started to rain. Fuck you rain and city weather.

Aren't you in the city rass? Buy me something from crown!

In Australia Pocky is usually sold in Asian convenience markets along with other Asian foods and products.

Why didn't you buy some locally bern?
Wait, you can buy Pocky in Australia?

Oh maaaaaan!

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
Looks like there's a JB around the corner here, 15 minute walk or so. I was about to head out until it started to rain. Fuck you rain and city weather.

Aren't you in the city rass? Buy me something from crown!

In Australia Pocky is usually sold in Asian convenience markets along with other Asian foods and products.

Why didn't you buy some locally bern?
Hah, I remember I originally posted something about VKS getting some of the weird and wonderful flavours of Pocky we don't get in Australia.

Then he mentioned he was in fact, going to get me regular, but perfectly fine, Japanese-bought Pocky. I didn't pipe up because, goshdarnit, free Pocky is free Pocky.

Interested to hear what games are going to see people through til the end of the year. I've probably got one full-length single player adventure game in me, maybe Red Dead or Mass Effect 2 and would like to squeeze in a second playthrough of Vanquish (which I loved) or Halo Reach (which I didn't love). I won't be picking up any more adventure or FPS games, which is why Epic Mickey, DKCR and CoD:BO will have to wait.

There's also a bunch of stuff in my 'Outpile' that deserves to have their multiplayer private parts looked at - AC:Brotherhood and Goldeneye as Evidence A and B respectively.

rass

Bernbaum said:
Interested to hear what games are going to see people through til the end of the year. I've probably got one full-length single player adventure game in me, maybe Red Dead or Mass Effect 2 and would like to squeeze in a second playthrough of Vanquish (which I loved) or Halo Reach (which I didn't love). I won't be picking up any more adventure or FPS games, which is why Epic Mickey, DKCR and CoD:BO will have to wait.

There's also a bunch of stuff in my 'Outpile' that deserves to have their multiplayer private parts looked at - AC:Brotherhood and Goldeneye as Evidence A and B respectively.
I'll probably stick into the Big Thrills pack for Trials HD and maybe pick up DKCR. I'll also continue to waste my life on Angry Birds (3 stars on all levels in the original, almost 3 starred the Halloween pack too)

jambo said:
That giant bite/burst isn't normally there
aaaaahhh. I see.

Bernbaum said:
Unsure what you meant, so I checked Wikipedia and all I can surmise is that I should either:

a) Play both.

or

b) Have sex with Meryl Streep.
That'll do. Was basically a crap analogy for a really difficult decision.

Kritz

Banned
evlcookie said:
Waste your real life with some of us in WoW

Ausgaf sort of has a guild in WoW and with next weeks Cataclysm release I figured I would make a post letting anyone else who isn’t already involved know about it.

Who:<Giraffe> on Horde side Caelestrasz server.

Goals: To level casually as a group, enjoying quests and 5 mans along the way. Helping out those who need it.

How to waste your life with us: Send me a PM over gaf or wait until the day after cataclsym and add EvlTank to your friends list, I will invite you when i'm online.

You can join before cataclysm hits but we won’t be leveling until then. Some have already started though like Holycheck and Bananaarnie and orbi and danoss will join later as they have mains. You are allowed to level as fast or slow as you wish, you pay for the game so enjoy it how you see fit. Friends and partners are welcome if you want to destroy their lives as well.

Rules: Don’t be a dickhead, no stealing from guild bank ;D

Current users who may play: I'm bad at making lists in gafs reply box so here's one we made earlier on the wiki! http://ausgaffe.wikidot.com/wowaa

If anyone has anything else to add apart from "God no, don't do it people!" then reply away.

(replying full thing for new page)

I've picked this up, and as someone who has been pretty negative on WoW in the past, I can say that I was absolutely 100% correct at everything. But the game's still kinda fun as long as you're with someone. I've been playing with Orbi these last few nights; picking flowers, pressing hotkeys and generally being really confused.

I've found the hunter is a really fun class to play, mostly due to the pet which you start off with, which does a really good job at tanking for you.

I'm looking forward to playing with Giraffe for a bit, even if I will probably get bored of it by the time a real game comes out (lolloolsololol omg)

Clipper

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Yeah yeah what now bitches?!?

5ai0s7.jpg

I have 1900 as well :lol Need to register my Red Wii for massive gainage.
Wait, you got a Red Wii?

Can I please be your Wii Ambassador if you haven't got one already? You'll get 500 points to spend on the shop for free (and so will I). Kritz, Jambo and Rass can attest to how easy the setup is...

Instructions are:
1: Set up the Internet and access the Wii Shop
2: On the front page of the shop, there will be a button at the bottom-left for the Wii Ambassador Promotion, click it.
3: Select the big "Person who was helped" button on the right.
4: Enter in your helper's Wii Number. Mine is 0046 1341 3634 4230.
5: Answer three survey questions.
6: Exit the Wii Shop and go to the Wii Message Board (the button at the bottom-right of the channels screen)
7: Click the option to Create a Message
8: Click the Address Book and you should see the number for your Wii.
9: Message your helper the Wii's number so they can finish the process by repeating with the "Person who helped" button instead.

You must do the first 5 steps within 30 days of the first time you accessed the Wii Shop. There's then a new limit of 30 days from that time for the Ambassador to enter your code. The only downside of choosing me is I can't complete the process until I return to Australia on Sunday. It's only a few days wait, though :D.

rass

Clipper - that's the Mario all stars bundle, not from the red wii :)
unless you're from CSI and you can enhance a specular reflection to spot a red Wii within the room, in which case carry on

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Interested to hear what games are going to see people through til the end of the year.
Super Meat Boy for as long as my poor video game skills can handle. Hope to finish my stealth/suave/recruit run of Alpha Protocol and then play some more 3D Dot Game Heroes. Going to intersperse all of that with some more of The Ball and Grid.

rass said:
unless you're from CSI
I'm from the CSI and I can see the clue too.

"Need to register my Red Wii for massive gainage"

Clipper

rass said:
Clipper - thats the Mario all stars bundle, not from the red wii :)
unless you're from CSI and you can enhance a specular reflection to spot a red Wii within the room, in which case carry on
I used my CSI skills of reading comprehension instead. The picture is a red herring :lol.

Oh, and given that AusGAF will have given me at least 3 of my codes to reach the 'all NES games' point on the Ambassador scale, I'm going to have free codes for all the games I already purchased to give out and I can't think of a better place to give them out. Stay tuned to the AusGAF thread sometime mid-next week :D.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I have a red Wii awesomeface.gif

So yeah those Banana's Nintendo left in Sydney, they're giving them away and playing the game on the big screen down there.

Free Banana's? Why not!

Omikron

Starting to get nervous about the WC bid announcement. Fuck.

Meanwhile, ESPN still think we are in Oceania. Fucking yanks. :lol

Clipper

VOOK said:
I have a red Wii awesomeface.gif

So yeah those Banana's Nintendo left in Sydney, they're giving them away and playing the game on the big screen down there.

Free Banana's? Why not!
I'm guessing you already got helped though? If not, please?

Oh, and forget next week, you guys can start claiming these now (but you won't get them until at least next week due to my absence). First to claim any game in the thread gets it, but you can only claim one game. And any post with an edit mark will be ignored. Your Wii must be set to Australia to receive the game of course.

Blaster Master
Kid Icarus to rass
SMB: The Lost Levels (this may not be included in the set, but we'll see) to legend166
StarTropics to jambo
Xevious
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

Yeah, my NES VC collection sucks, but they are all games I never owned and wanted to try out.

rass

Fredescu said:
Super Meat Boy for as long as my poor video game skills can handle. Hope to finish my stealth/suave/recruit run of Alpha Protocol and then play some more 3D Dot Game Heroes. Going to intersperse all of that with some more of The Ball and Grid.

I'm from the CSI and I can see the clue too.

"Need to register my Red Wii for massive gainage"
note to self, learn to read :lol

Clipper said:
I used my CSI skills of reading comprehension instead. The picture is a red herring :lol.

Oh, and given that AusGAF will have given me at least 3 of my codes to reach the 'all NES games' point on the Ambassador scale, I'm going to have free codes for all the games I already purchased to give out and I can't think of a better place to give them out. Stay tuned to the AusGAF thread sometime mid-next week :D.
dibs! on something at least :)

Clipper

jambo said:
StarTropics thanks =]

EDIT: And I thought we WERE still in Oceania?
We are, but not for the purposes of the World Cup, I think.

Two games taken, four to go.

Oh, and you're lucky that was a stealth edit or you wouldn't have qualified ;)

Choc

Banned
Australia shortened to 4/1 last 24 hours

Russia is 2/1 for 2018, England fucked it with teh BBC doco and the riot this morning

basically if its not QATAR its going to be Australia says the bookies and if it is QATAR then the entire sport is a disgrace,

We are in the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) which is why we dont have that 1 game every 4 years bullshit to qualify anymore

ESPN is probably just predicting the future. If we win over QATAR we may be asked to leave Asia :p

Why? the president of AFC is the president of QATAR football

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:

Nope, I'm not turning it on :p

So if anyone heads do to the Banana Hoard can they snap some pics for me? There's a present in it for ya...

Clipper

Choc said:
i've got a funny feeling we are going to get this cup, i don't know why

it's sydney 2000 all over again, two very close bids right up till the final moment
Does that mean we'll get a funny mispronunciation soundbyte meme that will be repeated ad nauseam right up until the event? (man, that'll be a long running meme)

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
Does that mean we'll get a funny mispronunciation soundbyte meme that will be repeated ad nauseam right up until the event? (man, that'll be a long running meme)

Frank Lowy is no Mcgeoch

there will not be jumping up, just a quiet handshake and smile i imagine

oh shit haha i thought u meant something else

no i imagine blatter can say Australia :)

unless he says AUSTRIA

Clipper

Choc said:
Then what's this?

Choc said:
Frank Lowy is no Mcgeoch

there will not be jumping up, just a quiet handshake and smile i imagine

oh shit haha i thought u meant something else

no i imagine blatter can say Australia :)

unless he says AUSTRIA
It has to be "And the winner is... Austria", but yes, that would be classic.

And good old Samaranch :lol.

Rlan

Age Of Zombies just got its next update -- Sentry Gun! It's an awesome weapon :)

We've also released a new Lite version of the game for those cheapskates :p But we've got a pretty unique thing in that too -- downloading the lite version will give you a unique-to-your-handset code that will unlock A hoverboard!

photobq0.jpg

Just plug the four digit code into AoZ full and you'll get yourself a handy-dandy hoverboard powerup :)

Download it now!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/age-of-zombies-lite/id403175540?mt=8

MrSerrels

My dream day tomorrow.

- 2am. Australia get the World Cup in 2022.
- 6am. NASA unleash a giant ass UFO and introduce us to ALF.

Truly I could die happy.

jambo

Most are pretty sure the NASA thing was

But our own investigations suggest that it follows a breakthrough in the discovery of microbes in a deadly poisonous lake that get their energy from arsenic. Experts say this shows they had a completely different origin to any other creature known on our planet. It means that life began not just once but at least twice on Earth.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24678079#post24678079

Pretty awesome discovery if that's what it is.

legend166

Clipper said:

Oh, and forget next week, you guys can start claiming these now (but you won't get them until at least next week due to my absence). First to claim any game in the thread gets it, but you can only claim one game. And any post with an edit mark will be ignored. Your Wii must be set to Australia to receive the game of course.

Blaster Master
Kid Icarus to rass
SMB: The Lost Levels (this may not be included in the set, but we'll see)
StarTropics to jambo
Xevious
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

Yeah, my NES VC collection sucks, but they are all games I never owned and wanted to try out.

Can I claim the Lost Levels?

legend166

HOLY CRAP TONY AND ED ARE DOING A TV SHOW WITH CHANNEL NINE NEXT YEAR.

GREATEST NEWS I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

The Joy Of Sets: Tony Martin and Ed Kavalee giving viewers their unique take on television; the good, the bad and the fabulously misguided. From Zapruder’s Other Films (The Gruen Transfer).

Clipper

legend166 said:
As good as the World Cup will be, it's twelve years away.

I'll be 34 by then. 34.

D:
Well, if we don't get it, imagine how old you'll be if we ever do get it...

And Lost Levels is yours, provided it's included in the pack (but I might just gift it anyway otherwise).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:

Holy shit balls with string on a thunderbirds character.

Outstanding news.

legend166 said:

FUCK YES!

Oh glory glory hallelujah.

May have to order some (gourmet) pizza from Grant Spatchcock's when it starts. With shaved bacon shavings on it.

legend166

fappenmeister said:
FUCK YES!

Oh glory glory hallelujah.

May have to order some (gourmet) pizza from Grant Spatchcock's when it starts. With shaved bacon shavings on it.

Grant Spatchcock! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK5XAySBA_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCH8IIseX9Y - Jack Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdTVzva9HCA - Get This! Explained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrgNVytm9Y - Passiona High!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zkyFfzMY4 - Nickelback Liker

For anyone who never experienced the greatness of Get This! I suggest you watch all those videos.

ESPECIALLY Passiona High if you like Transformers :lol I contend Passiona High is the greatest radio sketch ever.

I'm invincible, I'm paying money. The girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off. How good is this?

That Rex Hunt clip kills me every time. I had it as my ringtone at one point.

Last week, that fat kid was in Cambridge, two hours out of London. A bloke came up and said he enjoyed my show, he gave me his business card.

The address: the Netherlands.

This is dizzy stuff folks

Clipper

To bide the time as you wait for the announcement... an Aussie fail from Failblog:
2b14806f-b1c6-4bc1-a576-4980415b884c.jpg

Hopefully the Aussie bid team doesn't fail as hard as JB did...

The fail is obviously the extra apostrophe, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom