• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

I don't really mind Halo, I just hate the fans that it breeds. Most of them think it's the best thing since sliced bread. =/

Shaneus

Update on my Move price hunt: cheapest so far seems to be ozgameshop.com, which I believe is a spinoff of 365games.co.uk. Not sure how delivery times go or where the pack is actually from (I'm guessing UK) but it's the Euro pack (no full game, just the demo disc) for $80AU with free shipping. If you aren't counting on having it on launch day, this is probably the best path to go down.

giri

Nemesis556 said:
I don't really mind Halo, I just hate the fans that it breeds. Most of them think it's the best thing since sliced bread. =/

I think it's the best MP shooter consoles have ever seen. Halo 3 that is. But COD 5 is also loads of fun.

I dunno, i've been playing FPS for years and the wide spectrum of asshats on Halo seemed no more or less than anything else. i think the 360's easier access to voice comms make it more in your face thought (their asshattery that is).

Shaneus said:
Update on my Move price hunt: cheapest so far seems to be ozgameshop.com, which I believe is a spinoff of 365games.co.uk. Not sure how delivery times go or where the pack is actually from (I'm guessing UK) but it's the Euro pack (no full game, just the demo disc) for $80AU with free shipping. If you aren't counting on having it on launch day, this is probably the best path to go down.

My experience with them is shipping times vary between the 1-2 week mark.

Don't think I've ever waited more then 2 weeks.

Shaneus

with OGS or 365? It might be different/better if they're specifically set up for AU gamers. Free shipping, for one.

Shaneus said:
with OGS or 365? It might be different/better if they're specifically set up for AU gamers. Free shipping, for one.

Same for both. I think they still ship from the same place, just the website is catered for Aussies? (May be wrong).

I didn't notice any difference in shipping times.

trinest

Shaneus said:
OSG will give you free shipping and a fixed Australian price instead of a fluctuating one which other sites will have. 365 is just like any normal UK website. OSG ships from the UK however, so essencialy its a site with Australian purks from the UK.

Agyar

trinest said:
OSG will give you free shipping and a fixed Australian price instead of a fluctuating one which other sites will have. 365 is just like any normal UK website. OSG ships from the UK however, so essencialy its a site with Australian purks from the UK.

The only real perk is that since the prices are in AUD you don't need to pay any foreign transaction fees, so you can save a dollar or two on a large order. Shipping from 365games is also free to Australia and the stock is coming from exactly the same place, as they are the same company (Xbite or something).

Mar

Nemesis556 said:

I think of it as a fun co-op game, but other than that it's just a shooter with a strange plastic toy theme.

trinest

Fredescu said:
It's exactly the same store with a different web front end isn't it? I doubt there is any difference outside of pricing.
I've noticed the Australian store dosn't have some items which the UK store has and visa versa.

trinest

DualShadow said:
Have you noticed any difference in the prices?

So far i haven't but there might be.
Prices should be fairly static and on-par with the current exchange rates (or a more averaged out price). I think you will find that they have averaged out previous fluctuations in the rates to get a stable Australian Price (as you will notice it dosn't change- so its static). The "uK" site however the price you pay will be based on the current exchange rate rather then the Australian static price on the OZ site. This means that if the pound drops considerably or a few % then what they have based the price on- then you might be better off on the UK site- otherwise the Australian site will have the same price.

teekun

Clipper said:
Is it bad that I've never played a Halo game... nor touched an Xbox-series controller?

360 controllers are pretty comfortable. But I find the Halo games to be pretty average. They're polished as hell though, and have a massive community following, so that's probably what keeps people coming back to them.

hamchan

teekun said:
360 controllers are pretty comfortable. But I find the Halo games to be pretty average. They're polished as hell though, and have a massive community following, so that's probably what keeps people coming back to them.
I love to play Halo multiplayer with my friends. Amazing game.

Agyar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
The last one was pretty fun, but the issue is organisation.

Also, the thread has kinda crawled since we were moved.

It was crawling before we moved.

Also, we should do the Mana Bar thing.

Clipper

On a SydGaf meetup, I'm up for it if we can find a place. I'm guessing that new Mana Bar won't open for a while, so perhaps we could pick one of the places in The Rocks, like The Belgian Beer Cafe (did BrisGaf end up going to their version of that, or not?), The Lowenbrau or the Australian Heritage Hotel Bar. Maybe even Pancakes on the Rocks if people want to eat more than drink.

On the Halo thing, I've just never been into pure FPS games since the days of Duke Nukem 3D and Hexen. I think they're just not my thing. I also find racing games boring (except gimmicky games like Mario Kart) and can't stand sport sims, so there's virtually nothing I want to play on the 360 that I can't play on my Wii and PS3.

I would like to try out some of the Rare games, but it's not enough to buy the console, and none of the friends that I've visited the houses of have owned an X-Box or 360, so there's been no reason to try them out there. I guess I could have tried a demo console in store at some point, but at this stage, I almost feel like it'll be fun to see how long I can last...

jambo

Nemesis556 said:
I hate the anti-Halo people more. A lot of them seem to have such a smug sense of superiority.

Clipper

VOOK said:
He used it as a positive? lol
Yep. The game just wouldn't be as fun without it, which is probably why I don't enjoy the time trials as much. I'm glad to see I didn't offend :lol.

CryptiK said:
Anyone know of any Manga Shops in Sydney or big bookshops?
Kinokuniya
Kings Comics
Comic Kingdom
Borders (Pitt St Mall)
Dymocks.

But yea. Kinokuniya is the best in terms of manga variety and stock. Good luck finding a volume of manga that isn't bent to hell and back thanks to the asian instore readers though.

hamchan

viewtifulsub said:
Kinokuniya
Kings Comics
Comic Kingdom
Borders (Pitt St Mall)
Dymocks.

But yea. Kinokuniya is the best in terms of manga variety and stock. Good luck finding a volume of manga that isn't bent to hell and back thanks to the asian instore readers though.

Aren't there sealed copies too?

Deeku

As far as I remember, all the Japanese language manga is sealed in Kinnokuniya while English is not sealed. But I haven't been in there for a loooooong time since everything is way overpriced. Also I realised collecting manga is stupid.

CryptiK

commanderdeek said:
As far as I remember, all the Japanese language manga is sealed in Kinnokuniya while English is not sealed. But I haven't been in there for a loooooong time since everything is way overpriced. Also I realised collecting manga is stupid.
Im dont collect Manga its just for this game. I collect KH shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom