• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooboo

evlcookie said:
F1 2010 up for pre-purchase- $35.99

Same price for us. wat wat

And blade kitten is added to the coming soon section with steam cloud support however.
3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
3 machine activation limit

Gaz... Remove that :D

I can do one better - it never happened. It was just a bad dream.

Error at Valve's end, normal Steam protection.

Also steam cloud saves rock!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gooboo said:

Aww but we wanted to annoy Gaz in steam chat about it all :lol

How long until the price is revealed?

markot

Banned
Gooboo said:

You sure? Terrible DRM seems to be an Atari trademark...

markot

Banned
Well I am happy if it doesnt have it >.<

Seems weird to have steam cloud and that in ze same package anyways!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Frawdder said:
aaaaand bought.

I think i will as well.

Which brings up the question, how many people here are going to buy it at that price? Or will there be a few who wait for the xmas sale of doom?

Shaneus

It's only 3 weeks away... $40AU (give or take) for a brand-new title is a steal. As much as the experience would be awesome on a big screen (PS3/360) I can't pass that price up.

Choc

Banned
If you want it i suggest that you get it asap because once ozisoft finds out it will go up in price

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
If you want it i suggest that you get it asap because once ozisoft finds out it will go up in price

I thought we weren't talking about them anymore.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's codemasters, the price should be fine.

As people have pointed out to myself and others, codemaster games tend to be the same price on steam for US/AUS. So $36 is a freaking steal.

Mar

evlcookie said:
It's codemasters, the price should be fine.

As people have pointed out to myself and others, codemaster games tend to be the same price on steam for US/AUS. So $36 is a freaking steal.

WHY PAY MORE!

If anyone understands what I'm talking about, props.

Choc

Banned
Because Namco have an agreement with Codemasters and i'd say undercutting the shit out of their RRP is not part of it ;)

also Nintendo to own NPD's again (assuming this makes it to the USA)

Wii Party with Wii Remote SRP AU$99.95 / NZ $127.60*

Oh wait what? maybe not

(available with Wii Remote for a limited time only)

If any one wants to know why the NZ diff seems so high, their GST goes up to 15% on October 1st.

Frawdder

Choc said:
Because Namco have an agreement with Codemasters and i'd say undercutting the shit out of their RRP is not part of it ;)
I don't see it happening. Codemasters has never raised the price for their Australian customers and with the game being 3 weeks away, you'd think they would've settled all this stuff by now.

Also, your date of September 30 was wrong, it's the 25th.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
GFWL does suck but it's $40 and that isn't bad at all. I can live through all the GFWL shit for that price. Once everyone has each other on their friends lists it's not that pure shit, just slightly shit.

Buy it markot.

legend166

So, what are the chances anyone has Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures for the Wii?

I screwed up and wiped the Homebrew Channel off my Wii, and that game is apparently the only way to get it back ._.

trinest

legend166 said:
So, what are the chances anyone has Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures for the Wii?

I screwed up and wiped the Homebrew Channel off my Wii, and that game is apparently the only way to get it back ._.
Nope- I wanted it too :(

Clipper

There's also a Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's exploit for PAL Wiis, but I haven't confirmed a good download link for it yet. Besides, it's probably harder to find than LIJ. Have you tried your local video stores, legend166?

Hmm... you could also try the online rental stores. A quick search shows that this place will let you rent LIJ for $12. If you search hard enough, there's probably a similar mail rental store with a free trial period too.

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:
GFWL does suck but it's $40 and that isn't bad at all. I can live through all the GFWL shit for that price. Once everyone has each other on their friends lists it's not that pure shit, just slightly shit.

Buy it markot.
Maybe... been ages since I was into formula 1 though >.< the new drivers suck...

I think the last really good f1 game I played was on the 64, that one was great...

legend166

Clipper said:
There's also a Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's exploit for PAL Wiis, but I haven't confirmed a good download link for it yet. Besides, it's probably harder to find than LIJ. Have you tried your local video stores, legend166?

Hmm... you could also try the online rental stores. A quick search shows that this place will let you rent LIJ for $12. If you search hard enough, there's probably a similar mail rental store with a free trial period too.

I haven't rented a video game in probably 8 years. Heck I don't think I've been in a video store for about 5 years.

I'll have to see what's around my house.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The Storyteller said:
Go and see Tomorrow, when the War Began, guys!

What the hell. I watched the trailer before inception and it looked like the biggest pile of shit.

I guess you have to read the books to feel the love for it all.

Rahk

The Storyteller said:
Go and see Tomorrow, when the War Began, guys!
No.

Plot and dialogue seems terrible and characters appear to all be stereotypes.

I guess the action must be somewhat decent then?

Choc said:
who picked up metroid yesterday?

do you like it?

I haven't bought it but i have a friend who did so i have got to spend a bit of time watching/playing it. So far i can say that i don't particularly like it.

I'm a big fan of 2D metroid and this in no way satisfied my interests.

At least with the prime games the change of direction for the series felt natural even though it was so different. That plus the games felt so well made and have so much atmosphere that i was still able to enjoy them.

I know they said they would be focusing on the story but from what i have seen so far i haven't enjoyed it at all. I also think the method they have used to deliver the story doesn't really suit the franchise.

I will try and finish the game and give it a fair shake but so far i can't say im a huge fan.

Rahk said:
No.

Plot and dialogue seems terrible and characters appear to all be stereotypes.

I guess the action must be somewhat decent then?

Action is great. Characters aren't stereotypes. Dialogue is pretty meh. Plot is great.

Support the Australian film industry for once. FOR ONCE. :p

Nemesis_

evlcookie said:
What the hell. I watched the trailer before inception and it looked like the biggest pile of shit.

I had no idea what it was about nor had I read the books. I saw it tonight. Amazing film. So well done in places, the tension is high and action scenes are superbly executed. Unique and very interesting concept too.

You're doing yourself a disservice by NOT watching it. and I want the sequels, so go see it >_>

I keep seeing that ad about the plain packaging on smokes. They play this real gloomy music in the background and talk to a bunch of retailers.

Theres one thing i dont understand. The ad tries to make the point that plain packaging wont stop anyone smoking so it's just pointless. They then complain that they will lose business from the change.

If plain packaging wont stop anyone from smoking then why would they lose any business?

I don't care either way i just don't understand what the ad is saying.

As for something on topic. My 2v2 team in starcraft is now in the top 100 on the SEA servers. Hopefully number 1 soon:D

Agyar

AdventureRacing said:
I keep seeing that ad about the plain packaging on smokes. They play this real gloomy music in the background and talk to a bunch of retailers.

Theres one thing i dont understand. The ad tries to make the point that plain packaging wont stop anyone smoking so it's just pointless. They then complain that they will lose business from the change.

If plain packaging wont stop anyone from smoking then why would they lose any business?

I don't care either way i just don't understand what the ad is saying.

Those ads are funded by the tobacco industry, so it's misleading from the start.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Gazunta said:
Go and watch Legend if the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, you guys!

Of .. Of

Too much steam chat for you Gaz.

Oh Ryan Kwanten does a voice for it? Nice. From home and away to true blood and now this.

Damn you're edit :lol

Rahk

evlcookie said:
Of .. Of

Too much steam chat for you Gaz.

Oh Ryan Kwanten does a voice for it? Nice. From home and away to true blood and now this.

Damn you're edit :lol
Your... your.

Too much Steam chat for you, cookie!

legend166

From someone who didn't really enjoy Gears of War:

The Vanquish demo is amazing.

I will buy that game......

......once it's 17 pounds on Zavvi. And considering how long it took for Bayonetta to drop to that price, it won't take long at all.

Nemesis_

legend166 said:
From someone who didn't really enjoy Gears of War:

The Vanquish demo is amazing.

I will buy that game......

......once it's 17 pounds on Zavvi. And considering how long it took for Bayonetta to drop to that price, it won't take long at all.

I don't think Platinum have quite the same design philosophy as Epic did.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
evlcookie said:

If i had not read the books - i would have thought the same. They're really well-written, and the movie looks like it will be great too. Will see it when it hits DVD / Blu-ray.:lol

I'll be picking up F1 2010, 10% off is a nice little present from Codemasters.

Also, TMTWB was quite good, impressive production value for an Aussie flick. I'm not sure if they'll do the other 6 books, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom