• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frawdder

So

Damn

Hot

And it's only 8am...Cmon WTF!?

Also, I'm tempted by Hot Pursuit but don't think I will pick it up...but I might, who knows.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
NFS is $30 on steam today. Any of us picking it up? Ankh already has :lol
There's a CD Key site which apparently works fine (can't remember the URL but it seems like a popular site) that was selling the key for $22.50US. You'd have to use the EA downloader rather than steam, but I'm tempted to pay the extra tax just for the convenience.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
If there's a few who pick it up then i will as well. Good thing i have paypal :lol

It's a really good arcade racer, it has some silly flaws like shortcuts which i hate but apart from that it's rather enjoyable.

Online could be a blast with cops as well. But we all know what ausgaf nights are like. Maybe a dirt 2 / nfs double one night if we have a few people pick it up. $30 is still a little steep for the sale considering zavvi had it for $21 a week ago and d2d (although region blocked) had it for $~25 a week or so ago as well.

Ozgame also has it for $28 but they are out of stock. Still have the rest of the day to figure out what to do :D

There's also the lack of PC support coming from EA/Criterion for the game which may put a few people off. We all know i personally hate DLC, So i don't care about that but others might.

Kritz

Banned
I'm really tempted to get NFS.

In fact, I'm probably going to impulse buy it any second in hopes of getting other people to follow me INTO THE DARKNESS.

... I also want Singularity. :(

Agyar

So have you all bought Raskulls yet OR WHAT?

Who picked now to release it though? Perfect opportunity for it to get missed when everyone is dealing with holiday stuff.

markot

Banned
Bernbaum said:
Now installing - FarCry 2.

And finally, a lovely day at the beach.
Good game let down by terrible decisions >_< Gets dull the 4th time you clear out the same damn check point.

Shaneus

hamchan said:
So conflicted on nfs. $30 is good but it'll probably be $10 next year and I don't know how much I'll play it.
See my link? People on Ozbargain.com (search for "pursuit" on there) have left comments saying they're reliable. Only problem is it's not on Steam (meaning you won't have it officially show up in the games list, you'd have to add it manually. MP would still be via EA). Works out to $24AU on their site which is slightly more justifiable IMO.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
hamchan said:
So conflicted on nfs. $30 is good but it'll probably be $10 next year and I don't know how much I'll play it.

Going by community, looks like there was 6 or so who have picked it up. Easily enough for a random night of bullshit.

Gazunta

To everyone here complaining about the heat who DIDN'T spent the entirety of today outside paving: FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU

PS: anyone who doesn't buy Shatter on Steam for $2.50 is dead to me

JMizzlin

Agyar said:
So have you all bought Raskulls yet OR WHAT?

Who picked now to release it though? Perfect opportunity for it to get missed when everyone is dealing with holiday stuff.

This is what I want to know. Raskulls is such a brilliant game. I really hope it's supported well and lives a long life. Can't wait for tournaments at the Mana Bar.

Kritz

Banned
:D

I JUSY BROADCASTED THER INTETNET TO MY ENTIRE FAMILY AND THEY ARE MAD HA[PPY AND I HAVE HAD SO MANYHEKP I FICORGOTR HAVE TO USE THE INTERNET!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!V HAHA JUST FKIDDDING

happy new year fags! I just did a shot of vodka and it was a bad idea. I did a nudie run! It was awesome. I have drunk too much. Hahahahabihahahabhaicihahahahahaha

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
happy new year fags! I just did a shot of vodka and it was a bad idea. I did a nudie run! It was awesome. I have drunk too much. Hahahahabihahahabhaicihahahahahaha
I assume he's talking to me and maybe Dead Man.

Clipper

Just finished watching the Sydney fireworks on the hour delay in Brisbane. They were much better than usual. I was particular surprised by the What a Wonderful World bit, given how they timed it so well to match almost every line of the lyrics.

I hope 2011 treats everyone well... it's certainly looking like we won't be starved for games at least ;).

Tntnnbltn

Oh shizzit. Just was poking around in mum's Westnet account and noticed my plan name was different. Checked my the ISP email address and found out they upgraded her plan earlier this month for being a long-term user.

Old: 256K, 5GB/7GB, $45/month
New: 1500K, 15GB/15GB, $45/month

Fuck yeah! Coming home for christmas is significantly less crappy now.

Rez said:
I assume he's talking to me and maybe Dead Man.
What the fuck am I, chopped liver?

Ventron

Megadrive said:

Pics?

Come on, it's not as if posting nude photos of yourself on the internet is a bad idea...

Shaneus

HNY all, etc. blah. It's been a fine year, full of sweet fuck-all happening on the ratings, broadband, game/hardware prices (with parity etc.) and all that crap. But hey, at least we have a chick prime minister and not some religious nutjob.

Good night, all. Sweet dreams etc. <3

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Happy New Year Ausgaf :)

had a quiet one, just me and 3 friends played a lot of table tennis which was fun, havent played in a few years, played some tekken.. and now im home ready to sleep!

T1tan

Neo Member
Happy New Year AusGAF. Just back from the Sydney fireworks. What a fantastic start to the year. I hope you all find happyness (sic).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom