• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
losing weight is hard. keeping it off is 1000 times harder. It only works if you change your behaviour. You can go on a diet but if you just go back to shitty food and habits afterwards, it goes back on.

tumblr_lcvax2Yj1n1qeatkuo1_500.gif

Sutton Dagger said:
Don't know about Gym Chains in Melbourne, as my Gym is located on Central Coast of NSW, but there are some things to look out for in terms of equipment.

Make sure the gym has a power/squat rack, a couple of benches and ample room for motions that require more room (like the space for deadlifts). I tend to prefer free weight type exercises as opposed to machines, and stick to the big lifts as your foundation, with isolation exercises as secondary.
Nice! Which gym do you go to?

Bernbaum

I have the sickening fear that, despite the immediate and nourishing entertainment we are being gifted from Charlie Sheen, that something very horrible is going to happen and it won't be quite so funny any more.

We're going to feel miserable about ourselves for laughing at someone's very public struggle with mental illness.

justin.au

Bernbaum said:
I have the sickening fear that, despite the immediate and nourishing entertainment we are being gifted from Charlie Sheen, that something very horrible is going to happen and it won't be quite so funny any more.

We're going to feel miserable about ourselves for laughing at someone's very public struggle with mental illness.
I thought it was clear from the outset that he wasn't quite right. To me, there's something too voyeuristic about enjoying a celebrity's downward spiral; a leaked sex-tape on the other hand...

Megadrive said:
How difficult, and/or expensive would it be to make one of those bad boys?

Bernbaum said:

My first thoughts when following were something along the lines of "fuck yeh it's like River Phoenix's brother's mockumentary thing but like in real life!"

Now I kinda feel bad for watching this whole thing unravel.

Hot Shots! is still fucking great though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I accidentally sat next to train girl without realizing, I still said nothing.

It's safe to assume she could be single but she might not be straight. There's a picture of her and a friend or it's just two female friends on her phone. However she seems to check out girls more than guys, she didn't even look at the socially accepted half decent looking dude sitting in front of us.

She also never looks at me, which is fine since I'm not actually attractive but I would have thought there would be small glances.

MrSerrels

evlcookie said:

It's safe to assume she could be single but she might not be straight. There's a picture of her and a friend or it's just two female friends on her phone. However she seems to check out girls more than guys, she didn't even look at the socially accepted half decent looking dude sitting in front of us.

She also never looks at me, which is fine since I'm not actually attractive but I would have thought there would be small glances.

One of my friends just got married to a girl he met on the train.

BELIEVE.

evlcookie said:

Does she smell good? If she does, complimenting her on her perfume is an easy conversation starter!

Don't worry about the checking out girls thing, they do it all the time. Mostly its about what they are wearing and stuff.

You can do it!

BanShunsaku said:
Does she smell good? If she does, complimenting her on her perfume is an easy conversation starter!
OK, so it could seem a bit creepy depending on the delivery, but even if she's not wearing perfume you could ask the same thing...

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:

cookie girls compare themselves to other girls all the time. It's what they do to see how they stack up in this big wide world. Doesn't mean they are gay and don't like guys

also :lol AC MILAN

Choc

Banned
Online Storage will allow PS Plus subs to make game saves online, up to a maximum of 1,000 saves or 150Mb of data.

Users will be able to access their Online Storage via the XMB, under the Games icon. There, they’ll be able to save game data or download and pick up and play from where they left off.

Games saved in Online Storage can be accessed by logging into PSN from any PS3. Therefore, it’s possible to download a game save to a friend’s PS3 and continue playing.

serrels, for at least you and I that is fucking awesome hey :)

v good for media ppls who have ps3 at office and home like Giant Bomb.

Bernbaum

Choc said:
also :lol AC MILAN
^

I read that as 'Assassin's Creed Milan' and felt a twinge of dissappointment that the next installment wasn't in a more creative setting and then I remembered that I'm an idiot.

I hope the PAX live panel from Telltale Games on making Poker Night at the Inventory is recorded or livecast. Would love to hear Jake Rodkin and Sean Vannaman talk about how their own gear is made - something they never touched on with Idle Thumbs.

roosters93 said:
Nice! Which gym do you go to?

Planet Fitness at West Gosford. It certainly isn't the best gym on the Coast but at $20 a month, it's certainly the cheapest (I'm a poor Uni student).

How about yourself? You live on the Central Coast?

giri

Mar said:
In this thread, video gamers discuss how useless gyms are.

I've been going to the gym for quite a few years, I couldn't live without it. Also, chicks in lycra. Dude.

This.

Cardio plays a huge role in losing weight, but doing non-ridiculous weight routines isn't a bad thing either.

But the main thing to remember is that you have to burn off more than you eat. It's really that simple.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
serrels, for at least you and I that is fucking awesome hey :)

v good for media ppls who have ps3 at office and home like Giant Bomb.

If it could work from debug to retail that would be amazing.

I still lament all those lost achievements and trophies.

[SOB]

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:

[SOB]

wow good point, thats a must test when this goes live.

Choc

Banned
giri said:
This.

Cardio plays a huge role in losing weight, but doing non-ridiculous weight routines isn't a bad thing either.

But the main thing to remember is that you have to burn off more than you eat. It's really that simple.

or you become a football referee, work your arse off at it until you make the rep leagues and then run 14km a game twice a week without even realising

its amazing how focusing on someone running around with a ball you don't realise how much you are running and so therefore don't feel the burn! once you stop you do!

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
I'm sure it won't work. Most debugs don't even recognise saved games from older builds.

[SOB]

well yeah but if you have a debug disc of the final code you never know... :)

giri

Choc said:
or you become a football referee, work your arse off at it until you make the rep leagues and then run 14km a game twice a week without even realising

its amazing how focusing on someone running around with a ball you don't realise how much you are running and so therefore don't feel the burn! once you stop you do!

It's amazing how much it can all add up regardless, if you're not actually focused on what you're doing. It's why if there's nothing worth watching on the tredmill, i find the session 3 x as hard. All you have to focus on is how slowly the time is going by :p

Sutton Dagger said:
Planet Fitness at West Gosford. It certainly isn't the best gym on the Coast but at $20 a month, it's certainly the cheapest (I'm a poor Uni student).

How about yourself? You live on the Central Coast?
Yep, Wamberal. I don't go to the gym though, just curious. :)

The best thing in the Unreal Engine 3 tech demo is how the DoF actually seems to be related to how a real lens works, and would work in-engine. No more simply blurring out textures in the background!

Choc

Banned
anyone getting pokemon today?

*crickets*.....

?

Essential community workers such as teachers and police face being priced out of most Australian capital cities due to rising house prices, research shows.

A BankWest study shows 78 per cent of the nation's local government areas have average house prices well outside the affordability of police, teachers, nurses, firefighters and ambulance officers.

The bank deems an area unaffordable if the average house price is more than five times the average annual earnings of a worker.
Advertisement: Story continues below

The percentage of capital city council areas seen as unaffordable is up from 75 per cent in 2009, and 70 per cent in 2005.

EXACTLY why the Government has to fucking do something about the absurd price of property these days. You cannot have property going up the way it is without the shit hitting the fan eventually.

When basic needs employees cannot even afford housing how can a government be proud of a property boom. Wankers.

Here's a start Julia. Don't let foreigners buy houses in Australia they do not intend to live in.

That fixes 90% of the problem. Most of the houses going for absurd prices in Sydney are going to foreign 'raiders' as the media call them and they just sit there dormant doing fuck all not even being rented out.

Close up shop, like other countries around the world have.

Kirby102

POKEYMANS!!! Seriously this always happen, uni starts, new pokemon comes out. Fml. *buys anyway*

Also, anyone in AusGAF jumping on the Magicka bandwagon? I'd want to, but there's a 4-Pack available so I'd thought it'd be interesting to ask first... (US$10 single copy/US$29.99 4-pack)

legend166

Also, I just ordered Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time from Zavvi.

My goal is not to buy any more games until I get back from my trip (unless thee is a particularly good sale on Steam). I still haven't even started playing everything I bought in the Christmas sale. Alpha Protocol, The Witcher, a couple of Prince of Persia games, Titan Quest, Dirt 2.....

Damn, I didn't realise how many I still had to play.

Kritz

Banned
Looks like ausgaf steam chat is fuxked? Nobody in it. :<

Also, I bought Dragon Age II. It was the last of the games coming out this month that I hadn't already preordered. :(

The game is on Western Australian Internet Association servers and weighs in at 5.2GB, if anyone wanted to know. It costs $70usd on australian store and $60usd on american store.

Also it's probably not a very good game.

Kirby102 said:
POKEYMANS!!! Seriously this always happen, uni starts, new pokemon comes out. Fml. *buys anyway*

I know, fucking Nintendo, they should realise their primary base for pokemans is twenty soemthing uni students and adjust their release dates accordingly. I could've done with the game 2 months ago while we were in the middle of the holidays. I wanna go buy the game today but have an assignment due tomorrow, so i'm resisting the urge. Thankfully I dont have anything due for a couple of weeks after tomorrow, so pokemans here I come!

roosters93 said:
Yep, Wamberal. I don't go to the gym though, just curious. :)

Ohhh, i didnt know any gaffers lived in the Central Coast, i just moved up here a couple of months. I finally have someone to bitch about the shitty transport system with :D (although, admittedly you could do that anywhere in Sydney).

Choc

Banned
The Storyteller said:
I know, fucking Nintendo, they should realise their primary base for pokemans is twenty soemthing uni students and adjust their release dates accordingly. I could've done with the game 2 months ago while we were in the middle of the holidays. I wanna go buy the game today but have an assignment due tomorrow, so i'm resisting the urge. Thankfully I dont have anything due for a couple of weeks after tomorrow, so pokemans here I come!

Ohhh, i didnt know any gaffers lived in the Central Coast, i just moved up here a couple of months. I finally have someone to bitch about the shitty transport system with :D (although, admittedly you could do that anywhere in Sydney).

worst public transport eva.

The Storyteller said:

Reporting In.

And Australia has the worst public transport ever, highlighted hugely after being to Europe.

So I've started doodling while on calls now. Thanks a lot, AusGAF (really).

legend166 said:
I just realised I'm going to be in Europe whilst E3 is on. Prague, to be exact.
I know where I'd rather be (hint: it's not E3). Love Prague.

Choc said:
The bank deems an area unaffordable if the average house price is more than five times the average annual earnings of a worker.
Well, my area's unaffordable then. For me at least. By miles.

Kritz said:
Also, I bought Dragon Age II ... Also it's probably not a very good game.
Reviews coming in with low to mid 8s, but the actual text of the review indicates most of the reviewers had a blast with it. Go figure.

Shaneus

BanShunsaku said:
Fuck you GAF, I'm excited.

http://i51.tinypic.com/x0wmye.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I still have Origins and Awakening (is that what they're called?) on PC that I have not even touched. Once.

That's the sort of backlog I have to deal with. Not to mention still wanting to finish games like Just Cause 2, Bioshock (1!) and numerous others. Maybe I'll just play short ones like the K&L games so it feels like I've achieved something.

DualShadow said:
And Australia has the worst public transport ever, highlighted hugely after being to Europe.
I laughed heartily last year when in Sarajevo and saw that their ticketing system was the same as Melbourne's (MetCard, not Myki).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Also, Cookie, you're psyching yourself out. Just talk to her, man.

I know. It's also that there's just no vibe there. There's this one girl i sometimes see on the bus who is always looking on me, since we walk the same way home. I don't know if it's just curiosity on her part or she thinks i'm a stud or whatever, But there's a general sense that something is there for her. With train girl there's nothing there from what i can tell.

Still no 1 on 1 either, I was hoping the people around us would leave right before her stop but that didn't happen.

Maybe i will put something in MX for shits and giggles :D. Let you all know what to keep an eye out for.

Agyar

codswallop said:
Reviews coming in with low to mid 8s, but the actual text of the review indicates most of the reviewers had a blast with it. Go figure.

2011-03-10-Reviewer-14.gif

Replace "Mario" with "Dragon Age".

Game will be great because I love dragons, ages, wizards, playing dress-ups, swords, slums and sex with your underwear still on.

legend166 said:
I just realised I'm going to be in Europe whilst E3 is on. Prague, to be exact.
Weird, I was playing BFBC2 (PS3) with an Aussie guy just last night who was talking on his phone about going to Prague. That wasn't you was it? :p

Prague is a great city, nice time of year to visit too. I was there in Winter and froze my arse off but still had a blast.

Bernbaum

codswallop said:
So I've started doodling while on calls now. Thanks a lot, AusGAF (really).
That DoodleBlog idea I had I'll probably just turn into an OT thread because setting up an internet sounds hard.

I look forward to perusing your doodle.

Choc

Banned
We all shit on Perth but apparently it has the least affordable suburb in the nation

peppermint grove followed by Mosman in Sydney

I live near Mosman and that place is for pretentious old fucks. The vibe around Mosman is so fucking up itself its not funny

:)

Neutral Bay on the other hand is hip and cool.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
MrSerrels said:

[SOB]

Debug unit? I want one :(

I got Fight Night Champions in the mail yesterday... a review copy :/

Re: Pokemon, already had it for 3 weeks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom