• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Omi said:
God damn harshness of reality.

PS> I think I am done with FM11 for the moment. At least until I decide to take a team from the conference to PL glory. Heh.

Edit> Speaking of baby. Looks like we will be going early. Watch this space.
Mate, as VKS suggested, you gotta livetweet that shit for all of AusGAF-

"Oh dear god there's blood everywhere #placenta"

jambo said:
At least you have placenta sandwiches to look forward to.
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/10/17/
215532998_apntB-L-2.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's not surprising that people are going to jump on the iPad 2, Reviews are starting to come out now and it seems like it's a decent device. Clearly it's just a standard apple upgrade and there's nothing really wrong with that.

For me personally though, after using a iOS device for a few years i feel bored with the interface. There's something, Cold i guess, about it after all these years and compared to honeycomb it just looks dull.

If i was to buy an iPhone 5 or iPad 2 i would honestly wait to see what iOS 5 looks like. If it's the same old shit then i would be disappointed but if they decided to spice it up a little then awesome.

evlcookie said:
It's not surprising that people are going to jump on the iPad 2, Reviews are starting to come out now and it seems like it's a decent device. Clearly it's just a standard apple upgrade and there's nothing really wrong with that.

For me personally though, after using a iOS device for a few years i feel bored with the interface. There's something, Cold i guess, about it after all these years and compared to honeycomb it just looks dull.

If i was to buy an iPhone 5 or iPad 2 i would honestly wait to see what iOS 5 looks like. If it's the same old shit then i would be disappointed but if they decided to spice it up a little then awesome.
My gf got a Samsung Galaxy and it is quite impressive. The screen itself looks glorious. I really only want an iPad for on the couch while I am gaming or watching TV (and to replace my books that I rarely read). I don't see the point in getting an iPhone 4 now since a new model will probably be announced soon. The flipside is if I wait for the iPhone 5 they will still have 2-3 month wait times knowing my luck. I've still got until May to wait for a new phone so hopefully I'll make my mind up by then :(

14961-POSTS-NEED-MOAR.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
evlcookie said:

PC Gamer.

Does anyone know how to recover files off a broken portable HDD?
It still turns on (USB-powered) but Windows doesn't recognise it as a 'My Passport' anymore and sees it as a local disk. I can't access anything on it and it says I have to format it before I use it.

So it seems like it will work again but I just want to get everything off it first. Any ideas?

evlcookie said:

I kinda agree. The 'wall of apps' approach has gotten a bit stale. I've jailbroken my iPhone and changed the homescreen and some other stuff but it's still all a little bit dull now.

Hey guys,

I've spent the last week going through the archived Idle Thumbs podcasts, which I've enjoyed. Thanks to all the people that recommended them a while back. What I really enjoy is because I'm so far behind on my gaming the podcasts from 2008 are talking about games I'm playing right now or about to play. It's like their talking about my future... fromt he past!

Any other podcasts worth listening to?

jambo

Not exactly podcasts, but I've started listening to Audiobooks and it is wonderful on the bus to and from work.

I got all of the Harry Potter books, read by Stephen Fry so it's been rather eargasmic. His voice is heart melting.

Shaneus

I wanna get the Craig Ferguson audiobook, as read by Craig Ferguson. Apparently both versions of the book (audio and dead tree) are awesome.

jambo

Rahk said:
Tried an audiobook once but I think I prefer to just read. If I'm not able to read I prefer to listen to podcasts.

I used to read every day on the bus, but i stopped a few months ago and I've found I'm rather enjoying the whole audiobook thing, especially with Stephen Fry.

He did the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (movie version) as well, so definitely going to look in to that!

So Max Payne has sold 7 million copies, why the hell don't we get a proper Remedy sequel? Is that why we haven't heard from them in so long, they are restarting Max Payne 3 instead of AW2? I would give my left testicle for a proper sequel to MP2 :(

I used to read every day on the bus, but i stopped a few months ago and I've found I'm rather enjoying the whole audiobook thing, especially with Stephen Fry.
So is it an audiobook thing or just a Stephen Fry thing? It is understandable, he is very dreamy.

Kritz

Banned
reptilescorpio said:
So Max Payne has sold 7 million copies, why the hell don't we get a proper Remedy sequel? Is that why we haven't heard from them in so long, they are restarting Max Payne 3 instead of AW2? I would give my left testicle for a proper sequel to MP2 :(

After Alan Wake, I'm kind of glad they decided to fuck up a new IP instead of Max Payne.

Until I remember the game is now in the hands of Rockstar, who wouldn't know a good game even if they did remove all their stupid fucking sidequests and shitty characters from it.

markot

Banned
Kritz said:
After Alan Wake, I'm kind of glad they decided to fuck up a new IP instead of Max Payne.

Until I remember the game is now in the hands of Rockstar, who wouldn't know a good game even if they did remove all their stupid fucking sidequests and shitty characters from it.

PowerofMeow72dpi.jpg

Kritz said:

Alan Wake was the biggest disappointment of my life (even including losing my virginity). Hopefully it was just Microsofts influence that screwed it up. Hell just take Sam Lake out of there and put him in with the Red Dead guys and let them do their thing this time instead of whipping them raw.

Salazar

jambo said:
Not exactly podcasts, but I've started listening to Audiobooks and it is wonderful on the bus to and from work.

I got all of the Harry Potter books, read by Stephen Fry so it's been rather eargasmic. His voice is heart melting.

The Discworld audiobooks are wonderful, too.

So I'm sitting in QPAC during the intermission of Wicked. It's a pretty good show.

Typically, there's a huge line to get into the women's bathroom. My fiancé is still standing in line. I, on the other hand, walked straight into the bathroom, fulfilled my mission and walked straight out like a boss.

Salazar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I'm sitting in QPAC during the intermission of Wicked. It's a pretty good show.

I am dead tired from football, watching Son of Rambow. Grabbing library books tomorrow from uni. Going to Noosa for the weekend, I think. Preparing to fly to Rome a few days after that.

Lost my temper at football for the first time in a while. Grabbed hold of a dude and took a hefty swing at his legs. I caught him about halfway through the kick and the kinetic wasn't what it would have been. Red, red mist.

Gazunta

Zzap! 64.

Edit: also if Giant Bomb visit Australia and don't come to Brisbane I'm personally gonna punch Brad in the nuts next time I see him. YEAH YOU HEARD ME RUDDS.

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Zzap! 64.

Edit: also if Giant Bomb visit Australia and don't come to Brisbane I'm personally gonna punch Brad in the nuts next time I see him. YEAH YOU HEARD ME RUDDS.

Seems like they would probably go to Sydney or Melbourne
and then we'll fly down wearing our Whiskey Media t-shirts

That's if they even come to Australia at all, didn't we need like 300 more memberships?

Choc

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:

Typically, there's a huge line to get into the women's bathroom. My fiancé is still standing in line. I, on the other hand, walked straight into the bathroom, fulfilled my mission and walked straight out like a boss.

i can imagine vks. I was @ BCEC last week and stayed at Rydges down the road.

I walked past QPAC when wicked was about to start. people get real dressed up to go to the theatre huh, i saw some fine ladies walking in there rather dolled up.

guidop

If your looking for some absolute listening pleasure I recommend RadioLab extremely highly. It is both soul and mind enriching, honestly some of the best radio I have ever heard.

They have podcasts, but your better going through by the episodes. Each episodes is about 1 hour long.

Wiki Quote said:
Hosted by Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, the show focuses on topics of a scientific and philosophical nature. The show attempts to approach broad, difficult topics such as "time" and "morality" in an accessible and light-hearted manner and with a distinctive audio production style.

Salazar

My podcast listening is mainly:

Philosophy Bites.
The Tuesday Club (Alan Davies Arsenal podcast).
BBC Morning Phone-In (for the lulz).
The News from Lake Wobegon.
On the Media.
Fighting Talk.

I don't listen so much now. When I was travelling to and from uni more regularly, I got through an immense number and range of podcasts.

Choc said:
i can imagine vks. I was @ BCEC last week and stayed at Rydges down the road.

I walked past QPAC when wicked was about to start. people get real dressed up to go to the theatre huh, i saw some fine ladies walking in there rather dolled up.
Do they ever. Oh my goodness gracious.

guidop said:
If your looking for some absolute listening pleasure I recommend RadioLab extremely highly. It is both soul and mind enriching, honestly some of the best radio I have ever heard.

They have podcasts, but your better going through by the episodes. Each episodes is about 1 hour long.

I second this. Downloaded all of them a few weeks ago and I've listened to almost all of the 1 hour shows.

Agyar said:
Seems like they would probably go to Sydney or Melbourne
and then we'll fly down wearing our Whiskey Media t-shirts

That's if they even come to Australia at all, didn't we need like 300 more memberships?

If they come to Melbourne, there's a fair chance they might pay a visit to my educational institution (AIE) judging by the amount of industry talks we've had lately.

If they choose to not go to Brisbane and I manage to get a photo with Brad, I will laugh heartily.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
commanderdeek said:
Woo got my pokemans for 49 at Jb.

Also picked up Amnesiac for 8 bucks since I haven't been able find my original one.

Edit: Not sure if this has been mentioned here but has everyone here signed up for a premium giantbomb account yet? They might come do a show here if we do!

https://auth.whiskeymedia.com/world-tour/

=D I got my pokemans too, we should friend code swap! once I work out how to get it

Axiom

So I think I won an Xbox with Kinect today, and knowing the women in my household and family, I'll end up having to get one of the fitness programs to compliment it.

Given the fitness talk here recently, and the fact this is a gaming thread - are any of them actually worth a damn?

Your Shape looks very good, but it all seems very low impact and fitness in 'zen' rather than an actual proper workout (Well as much as a freakin' video game can provide), and frankly looking at my growing midsection after Christmas, I'm willing to give this stuff a proper try.

Rahk

guidop said:

RadioLab is indeed awesome. Is there a distinction between podcast and episode though? Thought they were one in the same.

Axiom said:
So I think I won an Xbox with Kinect today, and knowing the women in my household and family, I'll end up having to get one of the fitness programs to compliment it.

Given the fitness talk here recently, and the fact this is a gaming thread - are any of them actually worth a damn?

Your Shape looks very good, but it all seems very low impact and fitness in 'zen' rather than an actual proper workout (Well as much as a freakin' video game can provide), and frankly looking at my growing midsection after Christmas, I'm willing to give this stuff a proper try.
Dance Central will be your friend.

Danoss

Rahk said:
RadioLab is indeed awesome. Is there a distinction between podcast and episode though? Thought they were one in the same.
I thought so too, but I'm not 100% sure they post up everything they air. I read on Robert Ashley's twitter feed a while back about a particular Radiolab episode on NPR and I didn't see it pop up on the website anytime soon after he mentioned it.

I may be wrong and misread what he wrote, but it seemed that's what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom