• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
That DoodleBlog idea I had I'll probably just turn into an OT thread because setting up an internet sounds hard.

I look forward to perusing your doodle.

Just use wordpress or tumblr i guess and get people to post their pics to imgur / min.us. Link away!

Gazunta

Yeah seriously do it as a tumblr or something, that stuff is super easy to set up.

Don't go giving other sites your free content if you don't have to...

I mean, look at Clients From Hell / Not Always Right - it's just a tumblr and people submit content every day. Sure, they could just be OT threads but they're successful sites with almost no expenses.

Aon

I was walking my dog one day in the park, and a man walking about without a dog walks up asking me what breed my dog is. Now this guy is maybe just shy of 50, drunk as hell and has that sort of wiry build I have always illogically associated with the possibility of sudden, irrational violence. So I inform him that my dog's a Labradoodle. He bursts out laughing. I sort of smile awkwardly at him. "Doodle," he says. "Is he a bloke?" he asks. "Yep," another burst of laughter into my face. "A doodle with a doodle!" he manages to say between guffaws.
"Yep, if only the rest of us could have our genitals in our names," I say, falling back on sarcasm. He walks off, still pissing himself with laughter.

What a weird thing.

jambo

Gazunta said:
is iOS 4.3 out? Does anyone know if we all get free tethering now, or has that been locked away for Australian users :/

I've had free tethering on my iPhone 4 since I got it.

I'm pretty sure it's dependant on the carrier.

giri

Agyar said:
2011-03-10-Reviewer-14.gif

Replace "Mario" with "Dragon Age".

Game will be great because I love dragons, ages, wizards, playing dress-ups, swords, slums and sex with your underwear still on.

Sex with your undies on is best sex.

Fredescu

BanShunsaku said:
Fuck you GAF, I'm excited.

x0wmye.jpg
Bastard. I bought the first one locally because I couldn't wait, but I have to be financially conservative now, so I have to wait for my copy to arrive from the UK. I got the shipped notification last night though, so I'm happy.

Gazunta

Aon met the head of Channel 9's comedy department?

Agyar, I should have made it a generic Dragon Age-esque game name instead of Mario. Just couldn't resist slipping in a "Miyamoto-san" that some game journos fall over themselves doing to show their respect.

Choc

Banned
to use wifi router on ios 4.3 you need to have a tether plan with your telco if its not included

fucking apple honestly, android you can tether fucking anything, without the telcos even knowing!

Choc

Banned
Gazunta said:
Aon met the head of Channel 9's comedy department?

Agyar, I should have made it a generic Dragon Age-esque game name instead of Mario. Just couldn't resist slipping in a "Miyamoto-san" that some game journos fall over themselves doing to show their respect.

don't forget KOJIMA SAN

it seems until you make a AAA game from japan you dont deserve respect or san

lol

Agyar

Gazunta said:

Mario is far more apt for the point you're making.

Clipper

jambo said:
I've had free tethering on my iPhone 4 since I got it.

I'm pretty sure it's dependant on the carrier.
Yeah, it's definitely dependent on carrier. Tethering has also been free for me ever since Apple introduced the feature (I'm on 3).

Sat in on the Motorstorm Apocolypse talk. Saw a bunch of pre-release tools and prototype gameplay. We have an early copy of the game to play with later on so yay. Will post impressions later.

Thegamelookscoolyoushouldprobablybuyit.

cryp youre a sony guy who gets invited everywhere for no conceivable reason, have you played it.

Kritz

Banned
Started downloading DA2 at 10am.

Finishes at 2:30pm.

Welp, that was a wasted half a day. Maybe I should've actually gone to uni. >_>

Gazunta

Speaking of waiting for things to arrive in the post, who wants to bet that the books I'm hoping to sell at Supanova don't arrive until one day after Supanova finishes?

Put me down for $5 on that one. :/

Choc

Banned
Croc attack in FNQ

"A DERM croc expert will fly in from Cairns tomorrow to attempt to identify and catch the crocodile responsible and remove it from the wild,” Mr Devery said.

gotta ask yourself, why. The crocodile is acting in its normal predatory way, just like every other croc in FNQ

for fuck sake. If you go into the animals domain and it attacks you why should the crocodile be removed? The 50 odd other ones in that area would probably do the same!!!

When i was in FNQ, it was drilled home to us that you should never fish or be near the waters edge in croc territory, its asking for trouble......

surely, a local would know that.

Ydahs

Sigh. Just got back from the doctors after an x-ray. Results don't come out until Monday, but chances are I have a fractured shoulder after receiving a heavy knock on it in a practice match yesterday (which resulted in a partial dislocation).

Oh footy :(

Salazar

Ydahs said:
Sigh. Just got back from the doctors after an x-ray. Results don't come out until Monday, but chances are I have a fractured shoulder after receiving a heavy knock on it in a practice match yesterday (which resulted in a partial dislocation).

Oh footy :(

Damn. Hard luck. I've had broken teeth and countless dislocations (two knee reconstructions), but I've never broken a bone.

Bernbaum said:
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light sure likes to go on special.

'tis 50% off on XBLA.
And a great game at that. Even better if you have someone to play it with (it supports local co-op, which I'm sure would be even even better).

Fredescu

Omi said:
6970 prices look mighty tempting. Someone tell me not to.
Step 1. Buy sweet video card
Step 2. Load up Crysis and Metro and play them for five minutes and go "sweet!"
Step 3. Keep playing Football Manager
Step 4. Wife gives birth, stop even playing Football Manager

Warning to those buying DAII on PC (disc version)

Be prepared to jump through some fucking hoops to install, EA date check, register, verify, enter promo codes, load game only to find that unlike DAI there is no in-game DLC downloader, go back to bioware website and spend 5 mins looking for where the fuck to download the DLC, download DLC, and install DLC.

I'll let you know how it plays once I'm allowed in.

Bernbaum

Fredescu said:
Well that was fucking hilarious!

Omikron

Fredescu said:

God damn harshness of reality.

PS> I think I am done with FM11 for the moment. At least until I decide to take a team from the conference to PL glory. Heh.

Edit> Speaking of baby. Looks like we will be going early. Watch this space.

jambo

Comic book day =D

Getting Ultimate Spider-man #155: Death of Spider-Man, Venom #1 and Uncanny X-Force: Apocalypse Solution #1-4

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Agyar said:
I think I will purchase an iPad 2.
I kind of want one. How's the Australian eBook store? is it possible to convert other docs into Apple eBook files?

Gazunta

I'll paint my iPad 1 white and try to tag along.

I haven't used iBooks much but from what I've seen of it it's pretty comprehensive. you can also install the Amazon Kindle app to download books from there.

Omi said:
God damn harshness of reality.

PS> I think I am done with FM11 for the moment. At least until I decide to take a team from the conference to PL glory. Heh.

Edit> Speaking of baby. Looks like we will be going early. Watch this space.
Good luck buddy, you are in for a very magical moment. Make sure you buy yourself some headphones so you can get your game on while everyone else is in bed (after the bubs is home from the hospital of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom