• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
legend166 said:
Also, currently on hold with the ATO trying to tell them to not give me money. I got a letter saying I was eligible for a $550 deduction for study expenses because I studied full time and received youth allowance in 2010. The problem is neither of those things happened!

So I'm trying to find out if it's financial year 2010 or calendar year 2010.

I got this letter as well today and I haven't been studying since 2009. Says to ignore it if you think you're not eligible so I'm gonna do that.

After numerous purchaes from ozgameshop, it finally disappointed me today...

Their last copy of Folklore (which I purchased) was NTSC, though the link showed the UK version and nothing in the description indicated otherwise :/

Salazar

i6Wkp.jpg

Top of Castel Sant Angelo, the motherfucker you climb in AC:Bro.

OneMoreQuestion said:

Their last copy of Folklore (which I purchased) was NTSC, though the link showed the UK version and nothing in the description indicated otherwise :/
They do indeed have boxart for the European cover on their site. Says that it is Region Free and in English though, won't it play on your PS3?

Salazar said:
Get a haircut hippy.

OneMoreQuestion said:

Man I love the look of the game, except for the main characters. The earthy tones look great and it seems so colourful. It reminds me of a game I played on the PS1 called Jade Cocoon. I want an RPG-Action-Platformer to be made in that art-style, so something in the vein of Psychonauts I guess.

Salazar said:
I am in a foreign land. I feel nervous enough getting haircuts from folks who speak my language.
I heard it is a great way to meet new friends. At least have someone tend to the beard, you haven't lived until you have had some Italian guy wrist deep in your beard hair.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
I heard it is a great way to meet new friends. At least have someone tend to the beard, you haven't lived until you have had some Italian guy wrist deep in your beard hair.

I thought a beard would be a passport in Latin lands, but Romans seem to instantaneously and universally recognise me as a foreigner. I don't know how I can adapt my appearance or bearing, apart from taking hilarious risks as a pedestrian.

reptilescorpio said:
They do indeed have boxart for the European cover on their site. Says that it is Region Free and in English though, won't it play on your PS3?

Definitely.

But my old saves (Australian) would no longer work, hence my pissiness.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Pretty sure the issue isn't the playing, just the DLC. All PAL stuff is Europe and uses the same PSN store. NTSC stuff (Jap/US) have their own stores for which you must have an account.

Normally I'm not worried when buying stuff from ozgameshop as they're based in the UK, but I'd definitely bring it up with them. I'm 99% sure I've seen something on their website saying that their stuff is PAL/UK anyway.

Edit: Fuck, didn't feel like it took 5 minutes to type that one out. Weird.

Deeku

Salazar said:
i6Wkp.jpg

Top of Castel Sant Angelo, the motherfucker you climb in AC:Bro.
By looking at that pic, I would have never guessed you were a guy that's
creepily
obsessed with k-pop chicks and anime!

That's a compliment, I think...

Salazar

Bernbaum said:
Did you jump on a dude and then be all like, 'Requiescat in Pace motherfucker' and cut his throat out?

Eh, choosing stealth at the moment. My only tools are a replica helmet and a little wooden gladius.

Salazar said:
I thought a beard would be a passport in Latin lands, but Romans seem to instantaneously and universally recognise me as a foreigner. I don't know how I can adapt my appearance or bearing, apart from taking hilarious risks as a pedestrian.
Scale buildings and drive spikes through the backs of peoples heads? Jump on mushrooms and beat up Goombas?
Shaneus said:
Normally I'm not worried when buying stuff from ozgameshop as they're based in the UK, but I'd definitely bring it up with them. I'm 99% sure I've seen something on their website saying that their stuff is PAL/UK anyway.
Yeah they seem pretty cool, hopefully emailing them will at least get an apology from them. It is strange because they usually label all the NTSC stuff (like when Halo Reach came out cheap).

Edit: 10 Things I Hate About You is on again.... Screw work tomorrow, don't care if I'm tired and half-arsed, haven't seen this movie in ages.

Shaneus said:
Something something beer-flavoured nipples.
Also the Joker and Black Mask or Alberto Falcone in the same movie. And high school memories (mammories?).

Definitely. But my old saves (Australian) would no longer work, hence my pissiness.
What happened to your old copy? Not to be creepy but where about do you live?

reptilescorpio said:
Also the Joker and Black Mask or Alberto Falcone in the same movie. And high school memories (mammories?).

What happened to your old copy? Not to be creepy but where about do you live?
Woah. I didn't even know JGL is going to be in TDKR. Sweeet.

Aus%20236-5%20(46.5%20ov%2C%20DJ%20Hussey%2029-%2C%20RT%20Ponting%20100-%2C%20R%20Ashwin%201-47)%20-%20Live%20Scorecard%20-%20ESPN%20Cricinfo.png

Stood up when we needed him most.

Don't want to turn this into a Cricket thread but is that the first time Ponting has ever played a reverse sweep? Getting bored in his old age.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Hi AUS GAF,
I Moved back to Melbourne a couple of months ago after a long time away.
So happy that footy started up again, looking to go to a game every week (go Hawks).
Can't wait for the races to end so I can swim and play ball at MSAC again.

A few questions:

What are some good upscale lounges/clubs/bars? I hate how they pour a shot into each mixed drink. Is making it very expensive for me to get drunk. Otherwise, girls here are gorgeous.

I Have no consoles here except DS, where's the best place to get some cheap DS games (used is fine). Just beat Bowsers Inside Story and it was awesome, and started Spirit Tracks, not loving controlling with stylus, and it took me a fucking hour to blow that first song.

Should I be having trouble finding weed? Is there a good place to ask people (CBD?)?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
All Hail C-Webb said:
Hi AUS GAF,
I Moved back to Melbourne a couple of months ago after a long time away.
So happy that footy started up again, looking to go to a game every week (go Hawks).
Can't wait for the races to end so I can swim and play ball at MSAC again.

A few questions:

What are some good upscale lounges/clubs/bars? I hate how they pour a shot into each mixed drink. Is making it very expensive for me to get drunk. Otherwise, girls here are gorgeous.

I Have no consoles here except DS, where's the best place to get some cheap DS games (used is fine). Just beat Bowsers Inside Story and it was awesome, and started Spirit Tracks, not loving controlling with stylus, and it took me a fucking hour to blow that first song.

Should I be having trouble finding weed? Is there a good place to ask people (CBD?)?
weren't you once called Sactown on here?

anyway, as for finding weed.... i think the general rule is to discreetly ask the artsy "hippy" types at universities who they get their bud from. they should be able to sell you some directly or put you in contact with someone who can. you just need to broach the subject properly so you don't freak them out and make 'em scatter :p

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
anyone from Radelaide going on the engie pub crawl tonight?

I'm going to town.. and have planned my night around places they wont be flocking to..

All Hail C-Webb said:

DS games - OzGameShop
Weed - There should be AT LEAST 3 dealers at Southern Cross station at all times. Otherwise find a dingy lounge bar. Or uni campus.

shady said:
OMG my App is in REVIEW!!! And for over an hour :eek:

Hurry up and reject it Apple so I can cry myself to sleep :(
Good luck! Hopefully they don't draw it out too long.

So Battlefield 3 on consoles has 24-player multiplayer on small maps while the PC version has 64-player on large maps.

I'd consider this a problem if people actually played co-operatively, but they don't and instead run all over the place. So instead of having 32 possible people around any given corner who will kick my butt, there would only be 12 on console.

jambo said:
I detest iTunes. It gets so incredibly slow with a large library on Windows and I have a lot of mp3s. I only have it installed so I can put music on my iPhone. I have an empty library, and click-and-drag folders from an explorer window when I want to put new music on.

Yep, the only way I do it, too. My music library is larger than my iPod's capacity so I can't use iTunes to sync and I'm sure as hell not using it to play music. I just wish there were some other way to transfer my music to iPod. The idea that you put a function into a program that deletes files as part of a sync is preposterous.

Gazunta said:
Am i the only person in the world who doesn't hate iTunes? (And it's even wiped an iDevice or three in the past few years). *shrug*

Yes. Yes you are. How does it feel?

Aon said:
I shall be at Supernova signing things! You will find me when you identify the nerd walking around accompanied by a short Asian lady nerd. If identified correctly as Aon from among a sea of similar nerds, I shall reward you with a signiature you'll never forget!

Hmmmmm... I may just go to a farm, instead, and search for sewing implements. I think my odds are better...

OneMoreQuestion said:

This is the only shortcoming to using ozgameshop / 365games. They do actually say (somewhere) on the site that most of their stock is PAL but sometimes they will send region free NTSC games. That's great and all, but what do I do if any DLC I want is region locked? What if I already have a save file for the game? Huh? No, you didn't think about that, did you, you bastards.

Omi said:
Rumour or for real? :p

Are you referring to the delay or the game itself? :p

Ydahs said:
OMG my App is in REVIEW!!! And for over an hour :eek:

Woot! Good luck and I hope it gets approved!

Choc

Banned
The Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft (AFACT) will lodge an appeal with the High Court as part of its ongoing allegation that Perth-based internet service provider iiNet had allowed its users to infringe on the copyright of the film studios the body represents.

fucking just give up. You will lose again. and when the High Court shows your a bunch of dicks you will look stupid

you are going to spend millions on a frivilous law suit that could be used to actually come up with a system people like

people pirate for convenience...........

as someone said. AFACT needs to be labelled a vexatious litigant. Clearly they do not respect the laws and courts.

as well as this i don't think leave will be granted to apply to the high court anyway. It's not a constitutional challenge or tax challenge.

You can set iTunes not to try to sync libraries. Instead, you just drag and drop the files you want to put on the iPod from Windows Explorer onto the device in iTunes and it just copies them onto the iPod that way. If you want to delete them you just go to the device and delete them yourself. You don't even need a library in iTunes for this to work.

You could also look at http://www.cumps.be/nl/Blog/Read/manage-ipod-through-windows-explorer but I don't know if it's any good.

giri

codswallop said:
You can set iTunes not to try to sync libraries. Instead, you just drag and drop the files you want to put on the iPod from Windows Explorer onto the device in iTunes and it just copies them onto the iPod that way. If you want to delete them you just go to the device and delete them yourself. You don't even need a library in iTunes for this to work.

You could also look at http://www.cumps.be/nl/Blog/Read/manage-ipod-through-windows-explorer but I don't know if it's any good.
It's a USB device, why the fuck do you need anymore software other than your OS ?

Why they aren't treated as just usb storage devices if itunes isn't installed, is beyond me. And it's been one of my main gripes (and reasons i never got one) for years. I'm still using a creative player because of it (zeon or something i think).

giri said:
It's a USB device, why the fuck do you need anymore software other than your OS ?
The music is stored in a special format because Apple want you to use iTunes. But I agree, I should just be able to drag and drop music onto it. AmaPod used to let you do it, but then Apple changed their storage format apparently.

All that sort of crap is exactly why I have an Android phone. I loathe being forced to use software I don't like using.

Stackboy

Sup Gaf.

I'm trying to find the best place to import MK from, except my usual places are failing me. I can't import from 365games.co.uk. Any suggestions?

codswallop said:

Yeah, that's how I do it. I shouldn't have to, though. The transfer utility for my old Creative was awesome. It was a split screen between the device and library (which it found and picked up automatically and did not want to rearrange my music and rename my files), you selected the Artist/Album/Files and hit Send to Device. Any files you didn't want on the device you would select and hit Remove from Device. Or you could just use Windows Explorer.

Genius!

I'll check out that link, too. Thanks.

PS-Apple, please note, that despite what you think, the correct tagging for a compilation CD is not to have "Various Artists" in the Artist field. That is not an artist I am aware of. I don't care, I have a lot of electronic music comps and refuse to comply with your shit, clearly incorrect views on compilation tagging. But that you for making me go through my entire music collection and marking them all as "part of a compilation" so that I don't have, according to you, 10 listings per CD. Thank you for also being short sighted enough to not consider that bands would not necessarily have unique Album Titles. Like you, I thought bands would consult some sort of registry of album names to avoid this. It was unforeseen that more than one band would ever have a best of CD called "The Best Of"; it caught us all by surprise.

codswallop said:
AmaPod used to let you do it, but then Apple changed their storage format apparently.

I think my iPod falls into that category, sadly. I think my chances of using anything else is diminishing rapidly...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
papa sangre is awesome

bit trip beat if you want to hate yourself

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Planet_JASE said:
PS-Apple, please note, that despite what you think, the correct tagging for a compilation CD is not to have "Various Artists" in the Artist field. That is not an artist I am aware of. I don't care, I have a lot of electronic music comps and refuse to comply with your shit, clearly incorrect views on compilation tagging. But that you for making me go through my entire music collection and marking them all as "part of a compilation" so that I don't have, according to you, 10 listings per CD. Thank you for also being short sighted enough to not consider that bands would not necessarily have unique Album Titles. Like you, I thought bands would consult some sort of registry of album names to avoid this. It was unforeseen that more than one band would ever have a best of CD called "The Best Of"; it caught us all by surprise.
there is a compilation tick box in the 'info' options, also, you can use 'album artist' to indicate various artists and then 'artist' for individuals.

also, you can have various albums from different artists named the same thing and sorted differently, just use the invisible 'sort album' fields in the sorting tab.

Planet_JASE said:
PS-Apple, please note, that despite what you think, the correct tagging for a compilation CD is not to have "Various Artists" in the Artist field
And what do to about artists that change their names? Oh the horror!

Since a fair bit of my music is pirated (not that big really, 40 or 50GB including FLAC copies of my favourite owned CDs), and I never listen to it anyway, I'm downsizing it to just the cream of the crop.

#firstworldproblems

jambo

codswallop said:

Yeah I've been doing that for years, such a better way of putting music on it.

Gazunta

Kritz said:
Surprisingly on topic:

I'm 30 minutes early for class. I'm bored. Recommend a a stupid iPhone game to buy.
Poker Invaders
Minotron 2112
Minotaur Rescue
Mad Skills MX

They're the ones that are on my 'high rotation' at the moment

Rez said:
there is a compilation tick box in the 'info' options, also, you can use 'album artist' to indicate various artists and then 'artist' for individuals.

Yeah, that's what I ended up having to do. My music collection contains about 600 Compilations so I had to spend a very long time telling iTunes what every other media player knew automatically. No other media player has ever struggled with my organisation of my music.

Thanks for the hint, though, Rez.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Gazunta said:
Poker Invaders
Minotron 2112
Minotaur Rescue
Mad Skills MX

They're the ones that are on my 'high rotation' at the moment
I'm downloading all of these now, if they're not good I hold you personally responsible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom