• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Goddamnit, another charity chocolate box at work. Those bloody sick kids are gonna turn me into a fatty.

Fuck you, leukaemia.

Fredescu you are hilarious.

jambo

Choc said:
sanity has prevailed

Sydney City Council demanded apple put up barriers this year

so its not so bad

and yes ok shut up ;)

its only not bad as the council stepped in

My god!

They demanded they use... BARRIERS!!!

Fucking hell the council came down HARD on Apple.

Don't wanna mess with them, fuck, barriers, that shit is HARDCORE!

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
I can hear the F1s doing their prac session, Fuck they are loud.
Same! I'm near Parliament Station, too. I don't ever remember them being this audible over CBD traffic.

Gotta admit, hearing them has me a little more excited about the whole thing than before.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
evlcookie said:
I can hear the F1s doing their prac session, Fuck they are loud.

I'm a 10 minute drive from Albert Park, and it sounds like they're right outside my door. They shut down the pool and courts at MSAC all week for a race that no one seems to want here. Going to make it hard to party on Fitzroy St tonight too.

Man, I've lived in Melbourne the whole time it's been on here, and I haven't gone either. I really should get around to going before it's gone.

Kritz

Banned
Today I played a vectrix and got to level three in some asteroids clone ( it was closer to geometry wars than asteroids, though).

The vector display was really cool.

Ydahs

Nine hours later and the app is still in review. It's 8PM PST so I guess I have to now wait until tomorrow to find out if it's accepted or not.

I'm starting to think "in review" doesn't simply mean that it's currently being reviewed :|

Kritz

Banned
I remember it taking like a day for them to finish reviewing the AusGAF podcast rss I gave them.

Man that shit took days to make in php and SQL :(

Aon

So I'm going along the Wikipedia page for a very certain classification board, I come across this great sentence talking about why you might ban a song.

"sexual activity, themes and/or any other revolting or abhorrent activity"

Do you guys reckon sex is revolting or abhorrent? I sort of want to say abhorrent just so that I get to write abhorrent again, but revolting does have a certain old british charm to it.

Also I've spent over an hour know having a tutor teach me the most basic functions of twitter. But sadly she hasn't adressed #hashtaghumour

Aon

I have already forwarded that comment to the classification board. Expect to see a far less abhorrent answer in the near future.

Aon

Kritz said:
Today I played a vectrix and got to level three in some asteroids clone ( it was closer to geometry wars than asteroids, though).

The vector display was really cool.

WAIT WAIT.

Geometry Wars is a Geometry Wars clone?!

What does this make every other downloadable game released in the latter half of the decade?!

Kritz

Banned
Gazunta said:
Minestorm?

That's it.

It actually played pretty well, even if I felt only being able to move in the direction you're looking at is a bit annoying.

It was also balls hard.

I have to say my favourite part of this game course is being able to play old games. Even the shit ones, like Pac Man for the Atari, or anything Sega ever put out ever /fanboy.

Kritz

Banned
Aon said:
WAIT WAIT.

Geometry Wars is a Geometry Wars clone?!

What does this make every other downloadable game released in the latter half of the decade?!

Everything's actually a clone of Boulder Dash these days.

Gazunta

My only super power is being able to remember old games from vague references :(

Boulder Dash has always sucked. </retrogamersacrilege >

BioWare discusses DA2: http://au.gamespot.com/features/6305575/index.html

...what I perceive it as doing, is take a lot of those gameplay elements--working together as a team, functioning as a combat unit, having a story that unfolds with choices ... and tries to bring some newer ideas to the table ... into what I think is a more modern setting and expectation...
I've talked to Origins players who said, "As soon as I moved it to hard, I totally see where Origins is again."
Some more stuff in there, like the scope of the story, etc...

Choc

Banned
so

internet voting exists for this election

http://www.ivote.nsw.gov.au/

but its only for thsoe on cruise ships

for fuck sake australia get with the times.

Despite living in a democracy i somewhat despise voting. Mainly because i am sick of having shit shoved in my face when i walk in. I don't want your political propaganda, fuck off.

Mar

Gazunta said:
Boulder Dash has always sucked. </retrogamersacrilege >

I wasn't a fan, though my parents loved playing it and I enjoyed watching them do so.

What I did really enjoy from the series however is the Boulder Dash Construction Kit. I'd make levels for days and then get friends and family to play through them.

Choc said:
so

internet voting exists for this election

http://www.ivote.nsw.gov.au/

but its only for thsoe on cruise ships

for fuck sake australia get with the times.

Despite living in a democracy i somewhat despise voting. Mainly because i am sick of having shit shoved in my face when i walk in. I don't want your political propaganda, fuck off.

This is the biggest bullshit when going to vote, its so annoying.

Jintor

So this 3DS thingy is baller.

I'm actually really enjoying Face Raiders and the Aug games, although there's no space in the office to play them properly

Gazunta

The trick is to pretend you're in an argument with someone (either in person or on the phone) and they shy away from giving you stuff.

Fredescu

If I'm feeling confident that day, I don't make eye contact and walk purposefully toward the polling booth.

If I'm feeling pensive, I politely accept every how to vote card with a smile.

giri

Gazunta said:
The trick is to pretend you're in an argument with someone (either in person or on the phone) and they shy away from giving you stuff.
Or just not accept it.

Choc said:
so the apple sydney store has 10,000 ipads

i guess those in the queue feel a bit silly now
10,000? thats a large number, i doubt that many would fit in the store............

you sure that isn't just for all of sydney?

Choc

Banned
giri said:
Or just not accept it.

10,000? thats a large number, i doubt that many would fit in the store............

you sure that isn't just for all of sydney?

the apple store in sydney is GIGANTIC, its three storeys of huge,

applestore12_wideweb__470x263,0.jpg

they could easily fit 10k

photo_sydney080619.jpg

Agyar

Danoss said:
Well, I'm off to the footy. Looks like I'll be enjoying watching some sport while a bunch of idiots are waiting in a line.

Enjoying being in a line while a bunch of people watch idiots play sports something something.

Mar

Choc said:
three storeys of huge much of cocks

Fixed.

Choc said:
Mainly because i am sick of having shit shoved in my face when i walk in. I don't want your political propaganda, fuck off.

It's such a terrible thing to politely say no isn't it.

#firstworldproblems #shitwhiteguyscomplainabout

giri

Mar said:
Fixed.

It's such a terrible thing to politely say no isn't it.

#firstworldproblems #shitwhiteguyscomplainabout
i wanted to say 3 storeys of chumps, but 3 storeys much of cocks is much better. of cocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom