• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Mar said:
Fixed.

It's such a terrible thing to politely say no isn't it.

#firstworldproblems #shitwhiteguyscomplainabout

you say no, its still 2cm from your face as you walkthrough and they try and shove it even if you have hands in pockets

honestly one day one of them is going t oget a smack in teh mouth from someone

giri

Choc said:
you say no, its still 2cm from your face as you walkthrough and they try and shove it even if you have hands in pockets

honestly one day one of them is going t oget a smack in teh mouth from someone
They have. I used to work at the elections, it's funny watching them get riled up over it. And if thats the worst thing that happens to you that day Choc, lifes pretty good.

Shaneus

New Community, a weeks worth of Conan, F1, a few new movies and far too many games to get through. Pretty sure my couch is going to get a good workout this weekend #notinthatway #unfortunately

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So I was looking on the AFL site to see what time the Suns play their first game, and I see that they have a bye..

Why on earth would you give your brand new team, which should be used to generate interest in the new season, a bye in round 1? Seems pretty dumb.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
user_nat said:
So I was looking on the AFL site to see what time the Suns play their first game, and I see that they have a bye..

Why on earth would you give your brand new team, which should be used to generate interest in the new season. a bye in round 1? Seems pretty dumb.

Round one already has maximum hype.

now round two does.

Mar

Choc said:

I know your posts are usually full of hyperbole, but humour me. Have you actually ever had a flyer shoved 2cm away from your face? As a voter of 35 years the most anyone has done is hold it in front of my arms as I walked past.

Choc

Banned
giri said:
They have. I used to work at the elections, it's funny watching them get riled up over it. And if thats the worst thing that happens to you that day Choc, lifes pretty good.

its totally a #firstworldproblem giri, i agree

but in the grand scheme of things to do with voting, its the thing that annoys me the msot.

EDIT:

Last federal election i approached the booth with hands in pockets, ipod on as in fuck off i dont want your stuff, 3 peolpe still put it right in my face and tried to give me papers

if i dont want it, its obvious...

giri

Shaneus said:
New Community, a weeks worth of Conan, F1, a few new movies and far too many games to get through. Pretty sure my couch is going to get a good workout this weekend #notinthatway #unfortunately

I've only got stacking to play ><

New Jersey Shore tonight too though i think!

user_nat said:

Why on earth would you give your brand new team, which should be used to generate interest in the new season, a bye in round 1? Seems pretty dumb.

Because this weekend in the NRL is Broncos vs Titans, and they didn't want to have to compete for hype this week, against that game. So they gave them a bye, and moved it to week 2. (no really, that's the reason). Next weekend i think there's almost 0 home games for brisbane/goldcoast teams in other football sports.

user_nat

giri said:
Because this weekend in the NRL is Broncos vs Titans, and they didn't want to have to compete for hype this week, against that game. So they gave them a bye, and moved it to week 2. (no really, that's the reason). Next weekend i think there's almost 0 home games for brisbane/goldcoast teams in other football sports.
Fair enough I guess, but they can't avoid competing forever. I don't really think there is that much overlap in interest.

Broncos do play at home next week anyhow.

Choc

Banned
giri said:
I've only got stacking to play ><

New Jersey Shore tonight too though i think!

you can sure as shit bet that the NRL did that on purpose

Bernbaum said:
The PC has provided plenty more hours of fun and functionality than any of my Apple branded stuff has, and PC/Mac discussions in this here thread are usually a celebration of Derp, but goddamn if this isn't the biggest laugh I've had in a longass time:

1zbrqx3.jpg
The moral of the story. Don't use that piece of shit Internet Explorer.

Shaneus said:
Come down to Geelong! Bahahahaha.
No-one would be that desperate :(

Choc said:
Mainly because i am sick of having shit shoved in my face when i walk in. I don't want your political propaganda, fuck off.
Politely accept all pamphlets while dropping them on the ground as soon as they hit your hand with a big, shit eating grin on your face. Feels good man.

jambo

IE9 is a good browser!

user_nat said:

The Gold Coast Suns already have over 11,000 members. The Broncos were sitting on 13,000 last year.

I think the Suns will be fine.

Clipper

So, I just cancelled two of the 3DS games I had on pre-order!

Reason? Amazon's just added promotion credit to the 3DS and all the launch games. Order the 3DS and get $25 off a launch game in a later purchase. Order any launch game and get $10 off another launch game in a later purchase.

I am now going to do the following:
  • Get 3DS and two launch games shipped on US day 1 (Lego Star Wars III and Pilotwings Resort).
  • Wait two days for $45 of credit to appear in account.
  • Re-order two games I just cancelled with discount (Nintendogs+cats and Steel Diver).
  • Wait until mid-April while my $20 of additional credit will have appeared two days in.
  • Ship Rayman (which I was waiting for a discount to get anyway) to the same delivery site where my Mortal Kombat order is going so I essentially get it for free shipping including the $20 discount.

I find hoops to jump through fun sometimes...

Gazunta

If you plan on storing TV shows or movies, 64.

I'm on a 32 Wifi and I've barely filled half of it, and that's only because I a) stream all my video and b) waste too much space on comics and old video game magazine scans.

Salazar said:
Train to Venice this afternoon..
If you can organise it, stop off at Florence for the full Assassin's Creed tour. It's actually a really nice city too. Even with your normal ticket to Venice, you ought to be able to get off and back on at Florence without paying extra... unless it's an overnight train, then forget about it.

Shaneus

All Hail C-Webb said:
A Hawk fan in Geelong, I doubt that ends well.
If Matthew Stokes is there, I'll know it's legit though.
Oddly enough (or "That's Geelong for ya") I actually half-knew the guy who was done for that, erm, incident. The few times I'd spoken to him he was an alright bloke.

guidop

Salazar said:
Train to Venice this afternoon.

Continuing the Assassin's Creed tour.

I recall the train into Venice being quite gorgeous. Still a vista I fondly remember. I did see it when I was 9 so it could suck but my memory triggers smiles

user_nat

Bernbaum said:
Um, where at? I'm in one of the Brissy JB queues.
JB on the Sunny Coast.

They only got 20 in, would have been nice if they told people half way down the line that there was no chance.

Choc said:
you can sure as shit bet that the NRL did that on purpose

The NRL couldn't organise a chook raffle, you give them far too much credit.

jambo said:
The Gold Coast Suns already have over 11,000 members. The Broncos were sitting on 13,000 last year.

I think the Suns will be fine.

If you are even comparing the interest in those teams than all i can say is lol.

giri

AdventureRacing said:
The NRL couldn't organise a chook raffle, you give them far too much credit.

If you are even comparing the interest in those teams than all i can say is lol.
Yeah, i'm bit of a broncos basher, but it's not even close.

So I made my backlog list, and it is horrendous. I'm too embarassed to say the actual number of unfinished games on it.

In doing so I realised a couple of things:

a) that I have spent far too much money on games the last few years

b) that I really don't have the time or inclination to finish most of my unfinished games

Which makes me a bit of a sad panda. I sat here and wrote a livejournal worthy post about how my life has changed from when I lined up at midnight for my 360 just a few years ago, and how I must be finally getting over my obsession with games. Then I deleted and swore at myself for being a much of cocks about it.

I will go back and finish some of the games, but for the most part they are going to sit on my shelf collecting dust, which kinda makes me emotional, in the way that my hardcore gaming days might be at an end.

tl; dr - I have too many games to play and not enough time, getting old sucks, and I should have saved my money and bought a Winnebago or something.

user_nat

I wouldn't have taken a 64gb if it was the last remaining. Barely used 16 out of 32 on my first gen. Overpriced imo.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
Haha that's hilarious, we didn't sell a single white 64gb wifi, no one wanted them.
Busy day for you then? I'm always on my best behavior when dealing with retail staff who are still working at the end of a long day. Store merchants might not remember the nice people but they sure as hell remember impatient arseholes.

Shaneus

BanShunsaku said:
So I made my backlog list, and it is horrendous. I'm too embarassed to say the actual number of unfinished games on it.

In doing so I realised a couple of things:

a) that I have spent far too much money on games the last few years

b) that I really don't have the time or inclination to finish most of my unfinished games

Which makes me a bit of a sad panda. I sat here and wrote a livejournal worthy post about how my life has changed from when I lined up at midnight for my 360 just a few years ago, and how I must be finally getting over my obsession with games. Then I deleted and swore at myself for being a much of cocks about it.

I will go back and finish some of the games, but for the most part they are going to sit on my shelf collecting dust, which kinda makes me emotional, in the way that my hardcore gaming days might be at an end.

tl; dr - I have too many games to play and not enough time, getting old sucks, and I should have saved my money and bought a Winnebago or something.
Wow. This is me. Only difference is the majority (now) are in Steam so as determined as I might get to play and finish something, I'm always overwhelmed by choice and just end up staring at the screen for 10 minutes. I don't have the luxury of any kind of "wardrobe of shame" that I can hide them in.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
Busy day for you then? I'm always on my best behavior when dealing with retail staff who are still working at the end of a long day. Store merchants might not remember the nice people but they sure as hell remember impatient arseholes.
Yea, finished at 7:30. I'm not retail but I stuck around having to sort out the corporate orders for iPads and just helping out the retail guys however possible.

I was surprised by the line we had outside, shocked honestly. It want huge but at least 50 people as doors opened at 5, everyone out by 7:30. Doors were locked at 7, but you only had a few people try and get in, too late buddy!

3G seems popular in Vic, just about all of those are gone. The mc775's were popular, I think they were 32gb 3G black. Eh I'm lost on model numbers tonight, too many new ones to remember ;D

Shaneus said:
Wow. This is me. Only difference is the majority (now) are in Steam so as determined as I might get to play and finish something, I'm always overwhelmed by choice and just end up staring at the screen for 10 minutes. I don't have the luxury of any kind of "wardrobe of shame" that I can hide them in.
Make a list of the games you are most excited about, or the shortest games. Or even the games everyone talks about so at least you can say you have played the classics. Or politely ask Steam to take away your games.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
Yea, finished at 7:30. I'm not retail but I stuck around having to sort out the corporate orders for iPads and just helping out the retail guys however possible.

I was surprised by the line we had outside, shocked honestly. It want huge but at least 50 people as doors opened at 5, everyone out by 7:30. Doors were locked at 7, but you only had a few people try and get in, too late buddy!

3G seems popular in Vic, just about all of those are gone. The mc775's were popular, I think they were 32gb 3G black. Eh I'm lost on model numbers tonight, too many new ones to remember ;D
3G sold out at my store when I reached the front. Whites were selling faster than blacks.

I can now say that I waited in line on day one for an Apple product. Fuck doing that shit ever again.

The backlog talk made me look at mine ... it is quite large. 57 games at this point (including a fair few that I have put 5-10 hours into but not finished like Far Cry 2, Bully, Just Cause 2 ... basically open world games). Even with 10-15 of them being short indie games it's still a tad unforgivable that I continue to buy stuff off steam just to put it in my backlog.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
3G sold out at my store when I reached the front. Whites were selling faster than blacks.

I can now say that I waited in line on day one for an Apple product. Fuck doing that shit ever again.

I think for us blacks sold more, Apart from the 64GB whites left there were maybe a handful of others waiting to be sold. Of course, that was really just "Available" stock without allocating to the fuckton of backorders that are in the system, so I'm sure the 64GB whites will go shortly.

Did you pick up a case? Did you see anyone else buying one? I could swear they sold stuff all cases, It just didn't seem to be a item people were interested in. I think we got at least twice as many cases as iPads but most were happy to pick up just the iPad and maybe a cheapo 3rd party one instead of the official apple one or go without a case completely.

I look forward to monday, To see what's left over and then having to go through stock to make sure it's correct. There's a good chance some serials were invoiced out incorrectly so that should be fun.

I do feel sorry for the retail guys though, even though it was only 2 hours of work, They looked to be getting hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom