• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ydahs

Ooh, first day sales of my app look pretty good :)

Hopefully it'll continue to sell with word of mouth (gotten some very good impressions so far).

Gazunta

Carmello, yeah if you're not getting any games yet, go for an Ipad 2 instead.

and then just ask for a billion dollars of iTunes cards for your birthday

Danoss

Choc said:
huge queue outside apple again this morning

this is going to go on every morning like iphone 4 i can see it
Especially since their online store isn't shipping them out for 3-4 weeks, encouraging more queues.

Choc

Banned
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...-latest-gadget--or-a-life-20110328-1ccxo.html

When the historians of the future get around to pondering the 21st century, they might conclude that humankind was divided between those who obsessively embraced technology and those who had lives.

lols

The latest research suggests that gadgets are increasingly replacing the complication of human relationships, and that people attribute human-type qualities to them. If we ignore a sat-nav's instructions, we worry that its "feelings" will be hurt, and we share Sonic the Hedgehog's pain when he headbutts a barrier

what?!

x3n05 said:
As I just posted in the Steam thread, Brink is selling (preorder) for $38.99 at ozgameshop with free delivery and it uses Steamworks.

Awesome, thanks for that. When I went to pre-order Brink and saw that it had jumped to 89 I was a little pissed.

senahorse

FreeFallin' said:
Awesome, thanks for that. When I went to pre-order Brink and saw that it had jumped to 89 I was a little pissed.

No problem, I felt the same when I saw the price hike, I am sick of the price gouging that goes on by some companies in this country.

giri

Omi said:
I am not. :p

try out the new beta map, its quite well done, with some nice level design moments.
Did it on the weekend. It's good. Don't pick up a shotgun, they're the suck on them.

Bernbaum

Choc said:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...-latest-gadget--or-a-life-20110328-1ccxo.html

When the historians of the future get around to pondering the 21st century, they might conclude that humankind was divided between those who obsessively embraced technology and those who had lives.

lols

The latest research suggests that gadgets are increasingly replacing the complication of human relationships, and that people attribute human-type qualities to them. If we ignore a sat-nav's instructions, we worry that its "feelings" will be hurt, and we share Sonic the Hedgehog's pain when he headbutts a barrier

what?!
You forgot to underline.

Gazunta

SO WHO IS COMING TO BRISBANE SUPANOVA HUH? THIS IS THE ONLY MAP YOU NEED:

supanovagif.gif

Agyar

Choc said:

lols

what?!

Old man yells at cloud.

Omikron

giri said:
Did it on the weekend. It's good. Don't pick up a shotgun, they're the suck on them.

Haha... depends what situation. 4 x shotguns.... yeah...awful. But a couple guys leading the line towards the end with shotguns works rather nicely. For the end rush, a melee is an absolute must.

Axiom

Wrong Supanova Gaz.

Which is lame, I could have planned Perverted Chocolate Bar cosplay. If I'm his only fan, then he deserves a fanboy.

Choc

Banned
Axiom said:
Wrong Supanova Gaz.

Which is lame, I could have planned Perverted Chocolate Bar cosplay. If I'm his only fan, then he deserves a fanboy.

i am sure there is someone in the world that would fund your trip to Brisbane to see that

giri

Omi said:
Haha... depends what situation. 4 x shotguns.... yeah...awful. But a couple guys leading the line towards the end with shotguns works rather nicely. For the end rush, a melee is an absolute must.
Nah, the whole scenario is really really open. I carried one expecting some sort of tight quarters stuff but... they were useless, better off with AWP's and machine guns.

I am tempted to go to supanova just to perv on Gaz. Though.................. it's a lot of effort on a busy weekend already...

Ydahs

Omi said:
Make a droid version and I will drop $1 on it :p
Can't program for Android yet, but my brother said he'll be willing to make the droid version for me. So, there's a chance of one being available in a couple of months.

Heck, Java is easier than Obj-C and he won't be learning the language as he goes along like I did so maybe even less!

Mar

AnkhWeasel said:
Hey, chaps.
This is probably a long shot, but if anyone in Melbourne or Sydney happens to be near Polyester Records, 288 Flinders Lane or Redeye Records, 66 King Street, respectively, after 12 today, could they please grab me one of the (free!) Radiohead newspapers being handed out?

Mostly I am curious as to what the hell it is, but it would be neat to have one. And obviously Perth misses out otherwise. Will pay postage + bonus. Cheers!

Also, video games.

Red Eye is just up the road from my place, I'll have a squiz when I head home from work.

Obviously, I can't promise anything seeing as I'll be approx 6 hours late...

Bernbaum

Never been to a Supanova and my weekend is already full up so I doubt I'll get to break my Supanova cherry this year.

iPhone-iPad tethering speed is fine. Youtube videos load faster than they play, and I can read the newspaper on the train. It's mostly always active, and I've only had to reset the connection between the two devices a few times. At my desk right now, the 'Personal Hotspot: 1 connection' notification ion my iPhone pops up within a second of pressing the home button on the iPad.

Very ideal situation and I have no regrets in bypassing the 3G model.

Choc said:
less than a week until qld and nsw have the same time again

And so begins my least favourite part of the year; will mean it will be getting dark when I finish up Uni on thursday and friday which always sucks :\

Kritz

Banned
Gazunta said:
SO WHO IS COMING TO BRISBANE SUPANOVA HUH? THIS IS THE ONLY MAP YOU NEED:

supanovagif.gif
Oh no that us right next to my Kritz.net stall and I will be so popular nobody will visit you!

(kidding, I tried to set up a stall but gave up half way for no reason)

Ydahs said:
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/dream-stats-live-afl-scores/id427111721

It's my website's app (the Dreamteam one). Has all the features except for chat :D

No Cross-Game Chat = no sale. I'm sick of you and Sony pulling this crap. I know you can do it and you're just holding back features on purpose. You'll probably release it as a Ydahstation+ member option in the future and try to extract more of my hard earned money rant rant rant rant rant rant.

Congratulations on the app. If if were into AFL in any sort of way I would be all over it.

giri

Kritz said:
Oh no that us right next to my Kritz.net stall and I will be so popular nobody will visit you!

(kidding, I tried to set up a stall but gave up half way for no reason)

I went to see what krtiz.net was

Dragon Age 2
When all is said and done this game is literally the sum of its parts. It's also fucking terrible.

5/5 STARS -- KRITZ.NET

Greatness.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Lord of the fries, are their burgers any good? It's not even made out of meat, such madness.

I was going to grab that for lunch today but forgetting my pin number didn't help, luckily I had $2 in my wallet for some quality $1.93 noodles from iga.

Ydahs

evlcookie said:
Lord of the fries, are their burgers any good? It's not even made out of meat, such madness.

I was going to grab that for lunch today but forgetting my pin number didn't help, luckily I had $2 in my wallet for some quality $1.93 noodles from iga.
Had it once, loved the burger. Fries taste good too.

Really does taste like meat.

Shaneus

I had Mi Goreng for the first time in yonks yesterday for lunch. Holy shit, still so awesome. Pack of satay flavoured still left. Squee!

Boy, 46c is expensive. We just buy Mi Goreng by the box; comes out to about 30c a pack. Shin Ramyun are the steak dinner to Mi Goreng's sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom