• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh god, It's finally here. The KFC Double Down is coming down under.

Who is going to try this ghastly thing? I know i am!

giri

evlcookie said:

Pass.

The days of indulging in stupid fast food ideas only to end up feeling like ass afterwards are behind me :(

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:

Hilariously, the first place I saw it advertised was on the TV at the gym yesterday. Can't wait to scarf down one of those monstrosities. In fact, if I left my lunch at home like I think I did, I may indulge myself today.

jambo

evlcookie said:

Have a nice heart attack.

Saw a few in the flesh when I was in the US and Canada last year, looked disgusting. Why would you eat that when you could have beautiful roast chicken, or maybe satay chicken, or curry chicken?!

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Hilariously, the first place I saw it advertised was on the TV at the gym yesterday. Can't wait to scarf down one of those monstrosities. In fact, if I left my lunch at home like I think I did, I may indulge myself today.

I'll join you. Maybe with a buddy system, help will be at hand when one of us is crippled by heart disease on the spot.

So, I finished Splinter Cell Conviction last night (Operation Backlog is off to a reasonable start: two games polished off in two weeks).

Took a bit to get back into the swing of things and I finished the last third of the game without using the Mark & Execute feature because I totally forgot about it, and only realised it when I started to get stuck after
"saving" the vice president in the White House
. After that, it was a ridiculously easy run to the finish.

When it's doing stupid shit like
forced stealth in the car park
or
annoying laser beam dodging... twice
it sucks, but when you're hiding in the shadows being a predatory badass, it's great fun. Much like Batman Arkham Asylum.

giri said:
The days of indulging in stupid fast food ideas only to end up feeling like ass afterwards are behind me :(
I do love how it doesn't even pretend to be healthy. None of that lettuce crap!

Bernbaum

Agyar said:
I'll join you. Maybe with a buddy system, help will be at hand when one of us is crippled by heart disease on the spot.
Fuck the buddy system. If you die from cardiac arrest mid-bite, I'm not above prying the half-eaten food item from your blue clammy twitching hands.

Alas my tuna lunch was indeed packed. No death by Colonel for me today.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Fuck the buddy system. If you die from cardiac arrest mid-bite, I'm not above prying the half-eaten food item from your blue clammy twitching hands.

Fine, be like that.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:

It's not out officially until tomorrow anyway, So you can eat your tuna lunch with pride!

Tntnnbltn

493254-oakeshott.jpg

It's like the newspaper pre-emptively Garfield'ed their own photo.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:
It's not out officially until tomorrow anyway, So you can eat your tuna lunch with pride!
Totally gonna day one perch the double down. Brisbane has its share of chubbies so we'll see if there's a lineup comparable to Friday's iPad launch.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
Totally gonna day one perch the double down. Brisbane has its share of chubbies so we'll see if there's a lineup comparable to Friday's iPad launch.
Police out in force, blocking the streets? Perhaps you should preorder to avoid disappointment...

Choc said:
now THIS is man yells @ cloud stuff
What whiny bitch. Oh boo hoo, he didn't get one. The launch was no different to any other recent iDevice launch. They all sell out. Apple can't make them fast enough. Blah blah blah.

Do you really think Apple would intentionally constrain their supply so badly it takes people a full month to get it if they could produce more in time for launch? Yes, it makes for some good publicity (OMG it's so popular people are waiting MONTHS for it!) but I don't imagine for a second if they could've fulfilled all orders day one they would have done so. Or at least week one.

codswallop said:
Edit: Actually, it's even cheaper at base.com. Anyone used these guys before? http://www.base.com/buy/product/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-xbox-360/dgc-enslaved360.htm

It's the same people that own dvd.co.uk, which I have used multiple times. Proceed with Operation Rebacklog

Shaneus said:
Police out in force, blocking the streets? Perhaps you should preorder to avoid disappointment...

I wonder if the council will have to step in? You might have to order via the KFC website.

Planet_JASE said:
It's the same people that own dvd.co.uk, which I have used multiple times. Proceed with Operation Rebacklog
Thanks for that. Operation Backlog has taken a step back. Never fear, Dead Space and Mirror's Edge are next up on the chopping block.

Choc

Banned
Red Bull finally admits KERS was not fitted to Mark Webber's car after a weekend of speculation at the Australian Formula One Grand Prix

because you wankers continue to support Seb over Mark

Deeku

Yay 3ds shipped from Amazon, but probably won't get it until Friday.

Also, sad to see Ponting go. Wish there was someone else other than Clarke to take over, never liked that guy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Already had our first iPad 2 come back due to hardware issues, Looks like some of the models have the backlight bleeding going on that i believe was reported back in the US.

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
Already had our first iPad 2 come back due to hardware issues, Looks like [strikeout]some[/strikeout] of the models have the backlight bleeding going on that i believe was reported back in the US.

most cookie from what i read :|

Bernbaum

FUCK YES PIKMIN 3

FUCK, NO PIKMIN 3

Edit: Hang on. Choc, that's what you implied with your post right? I can't find anything else on it and there isn't a Gamingside thread.

I've gotten used to filling in the blanks with Chocposts as you're not big on providing a lot of context with your train-of-thought contributions.

Or punctuation.

Or grammar.

but please, never change

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
Yay 3ds shipped from Amazon, but probably won't get it until Friday.

Also, sad to see Ponting go. Wish there was someone else other than Clarke to take over, never liked that guy.
I had a similar item ship at a similar time on a Tuesday there, and it arrived Friday afternoon. Thus I expect all of us (in the capital cities at least) to receive our 3DSes on Thursday arvo.

I'm interested to see when my 3DS catches up to the games. The games have a two and a half hour head start.

Deeku

Clipper said:
I had a similar item ship at a similar time on a Tuesday there, and it arrived Friday afternoon. Thus I expect all of us (in the capital cities at least) to receive our 3DSes on Thursday arvo.

I'm interested to see when my 3DS catches up to the games. The games have a two and a half hour head start.
I hope it comes friday because no one is going to be at home on Thursday.

Also, I never knew choc would be a parish fan. The gamespite books are awesome.

I also got my notification email from Amazon. EXCITE.

As I said to a friend in an email asking if that was good:

Me said:
Weeeeeeell...

It means that the order was processed at 7:23pm Pennsylvania time on Monday, which is something like 9:23am Tuesday here. Assuming it gets on a 9:00pm flight to the DHL hub in Cincinnati and leaves Cincinnati by a midnight domestic bound for LA, it can catch a 13-hour flight from LA to Brisbane or a 16-hour flight from LA to Sydney, probably around midday or so. That means it'll probably get to Brisbane on Wednesday morning Pennsylvania time (let's call that early Thursday morning local time), which means that it'll get to me by about lunchtime on Thursday at the earliest, more likely on Friday. Given that the 3DS launches here on Thursday, it'll mean that I'll take delivery of my unit at or near launch, but at a ~$75 discount thanks to the exchange rate.

So yeah, that's good.

teekun

hamchan said:
Yeah hopefully Ponting will keep playing for Australia.

Watching the press conference now. He's sticking around, but I guess it's up to the selectors whether or not he actually gets to keep playing.

Shaneus

Choc said:
Red Bull finally admits KERS was not fitted to Mark Webber's car after a weekend of speculation at the Australian Formula One Grand Prix

Pretty sure Vettel didn't have it, either. They had a different system which results in a one-shot of boost of the starting line, that's it.

legend166

Choc said:

Link?

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I also got my notification email from Amazon. EXCITE.

As I said to a friend in an email asking if that was good:
Mine got shipped by my contact yesterday, but I'm looking at next week before it shows up in the post.

Exciting to know that my very own personal 3DS is a real thing that exists -

2cpvwvo.jpg

jambo

Choc said:

Straight after the race they confirmed it wasn't on either car...

=\

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Work wants me to go to sydney next week for a few days. Crows nest is the location.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.

Help me NSW people, I totally need it! How far is that from the airport? How do i get around from airport to there etc etc.

hamchan

evlcookie said:
Work wants me to go to sydney next week for a few days. Crows nest is the location.

Help me NSW people, I totally need it! How far is that from the airport? How do i get around from airport to there etc etc.

Wow, that's all the way up past North Sydney. Quite a while from the airport I think, you'd have to go through the city and over the bridge.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
Use the trip planner at http://www.131500.com/. Figure out which train station is closest, but it's probably St Leonards. There's a train station at the airport, but you may have to change trains to get to St Leonards.

evlcookie said:

Crows nest is close to North Sydney, so it aint too far. By public transport it should take 40 mins or so, you'd have to catch a train to central, and then another train from central to north sydney, and then catch a bus to Crows Nest. you can check times and stuff here: http://www.cityrail.info/timetables/#landingPoint

Have fun with the BEST TRANSPORT IN THE WORLD.

EDIT: beaten. St leonards would work too, it's closer actually, and the place in Crow's Nest might be within walking distance from there.

Deeku

evlcookie said:

Crows Nest is north so you'll be near choc and legend. And yeah, as hamchan said, quite far but with taxi's and tunnels it'll only take like 30 mins or so.

Bernbaum

evlcookie said:

It's Sydney - you run in the direction opposite the knife wielding meth-addicted teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom