• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
reptilescorpio said:
mi-goreng.jpg

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4811489/UDL-and-mi-goreng-breakfast-of-champions.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
why are those fools grabbing single packets? just grab a few cartons below and be done with it.

bonus is you get a free box!

Agyar

codswallop said:
Boy, 46c is expensive. We just buy Mi Goreng by the box; comes out to about 30c a pack. Shin Ramyun are the steak dinner to Mi Goreng's sandwich.

Any discerning student would know that only chumps pay over 35c a packet for Mi Goreng. Buying in bulk from Asian grocers is where its at.

Bernbaum

With the exception of maybe good ole spaggy bog, nothing is as instantly satisfying as a hot fresh bowl of miggers.

Interwebbing on an iPad on the train is divine. Just like having sex but with your fingers and in public.

Ydahs

Mi Goreng is amazing, but I've heard it's really, really, reeaally bad for you. Something about high amounts of MSG and a bunch of stomach upsetting chemicals.

But still, Mi Goreng is amazing.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Throw that Satay pack in the fire, OG for lief!
Wouldn't that be OMG?

Stands for TWO things now.

So, anyone have ideas for serving suggestions? The egg on the packet looks kinda gross. Soy sauce? Garlic? I wanna get all Iron Chef Chen Kenichi up in this bitch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:
With the exception of maybe good ole spaggy bog, nothing is as instantly satisfying as a hot fresh bowl of miggers.

Interwebbing on an iPad on the train is divine. Just like having sex but with your fingers and in public.
Yeah, whipping it out at a lecture and using the ClassOrganizer app to simultaneously take notes, jot down quick diagrams, time stamp information, plug in test dates, annotate the PDF lecture notes and record the lecture is totally future.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Bernbaum said:
browsing with finger gestures on a MacBook Pro/Air is like being an interwebz DJ

evlcookie said:
I have no idea what these noodles are that you are all talking about. Someone educate me and point me to a nice one.
Coles

Shaneus said:
So, anyone have ideas for serving suggestions?
OMG for lief!
just by it self is best. Or just replace it in whatever stir fry you usually have. Replace noodles/rice in usual noodle/rice dish with mi goreng

jambo

Shaneus said:
So, anyone have ideas for serving suggestions? The egg on the packet looks kinda gross. Soy sauce? Garlic? I wanna get all Iron Chef Chen Kenichi up in this bitch.

I normally add more soy sauce and diced capsicum and carrot.

Shaneus

Oh, in iPad 2 news, I used (briefly) a mates one at work with a black leather "cover". Gotta admit, the thinner form factor definitely made it feel less like a big iPhone and more like a competent, justifiable tech device.

BTW As far as Mi Goreng goes, I'm not new to the taste sensation of our era... just looking for new(ish) serving suggestions. Ta :)

First Summer in Geelong and a bunch of mates and I rented a place together and I lived off Centrelink for the whole 3 months. Resulted in eating 2 packs on Mi Goreng a day, 4 litres of Vanilla Coke and whatever munchies we hazenly bought while smoking weed non-stop for the whole Summer. Also played FEAR during this period, quite the experience. Ironically got a job the day before starting back at uni, unironically as a pizza delivery boy. Great times.

Point of the story is I still have the collander that we used to drain the sweet, sweet noodles in before smothering them with all 3 sauces and 2 types of dry herb. I hope I am cremated with my good friend Colly as he is still referred to as.
Point of the story is Mi Goreng is boss

Agyar

Fried egg, or even just throw an egg in with the drained noodles and cook them a little more, so the egg coats the noodles and makes them extra awesome. Some veggies (frozen or fresh broccoli or peas are best) or some steamed chicken if you really want to make it a proper meal.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
First Summer in Geelong and a bunch of mates and I rented a place together and I lived off Centrelink for the whole 3 months. Resulted in eating 2 packs on Mi Goreng a day, 4 litres of Vanilla Coke and whatever munchies we hazenly bought while smoking weed non-stop for the whole Summer. Also played FEAR during this period, quite the experience. Ironically got a job the day before starting back at uni, unironically as a pizza delivery boy. Great times.
Bahaha. There's every chance you could have delivered me pizza! Which joint?

Jintor

Agyar said:
Fried egg, or even just throw an egg in with the drained noodles and cook them a little more, so the egg coats the noodles and makes them extra awesome. Some veggies (frozen or fresh broccoli or peas are best) or some steamed chicken if you really want to make it a proper meal.

Fuckin' truth

Personally try and limit your mi goreng intake though. That's stuff's not healthy in bulk.

Why not try some rice? :D

Mar

Mar said:
Red Eye is just up the road from my place, I'll have a squiz when I head home from work.

Obviously, I can't promise anything seeing as I'll be approx 6 hours late...

Mission unsuccessful. Turned out it wasn't the one just up from my place (that's Repressed Records), and it was all the way up the other end of King St. I went for the long walk, but couldn't find the place... Even when Google maps pointed it out on my phone.

Now that I come to think of it... It's probably not King St Newtown.

Shaneus said:
Bahaha. There's every chance you could have delivered me pizza! Which joint?
Delivered for Dominos in Belmont, then managed a store called Encore Pizza in Grovedale when I wanted time off from uni. Shit money, got laid at least. Also lived off free pizza and lasagne. Encore is now a Pinkys or something, I got out of there when I went back to uni and an incompetent Italian dude bought it out. Fun times.

Shaneus

Ah, thought it might've been somewhere closer to the city (I usually get stuff delivered from around Pako and Mercer Streets). Cheese turkish bread has always been my vice when hungover... with beetroot dip.

Bernbaum

Ydahs said:
Mi Goreng is amazing, but I've heard it's really, really, reeaally bad for you. Something about high amounts of MSG and a bunch of stomach upsetting chemicals.

*sticks fingers in ear*

LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Rez said:
Yeah, whipping it out at a lecture and using the ClassOrganizer app to simultaneously take notes, jot down quick diagrams, time stamp information, plug in test dates, annotate the PDF lecture notes and record the lecture is totally future.

Get the Popular Science magazine app.

Download any recent issue, it doesn't matter which one or if you even care for science or engineering. Hell, a yearly subscription is less than 20 bucks.

Witness the amazing. It's like sucking the future through a straw. You know that neat little computer book that Penny had in the original Inspector Gadget cartoons? It's like that but way better.

Don't ask just do it.

Scrow said:
browsing with finger gestures on a MacBook Pro/Air is like being an interwebz DJ

Got my MacBook with a magic mouse and I thought that was brilliant until I kept forgetting to bring it with me. The Mac trackpad is divine, like being a Greek god conducting an orchestra. Hell, I do stuff in Pixelmator and Pixen without a mouse now. All those goofy monopoly hat avatars I had were made without the Magic Mouse.

Ydahs said:
That reminds me. Do you guys eat one packs or two packs at a time?

Two for me :p
Two. Always two. Even before I graduated from my Maggi prep years.

Bernbaum

So I double-booked my weekend. Got tickets to an AFL game on the day of a wedding of a friend I've known for 7 years. I can make the wedding but the reception kicks off at 6, whilst the footy walks up the aisle at 6:40. The fun part of the wedding is the reception, but I'm really just going to show my face. Do I stick to the wedding all the way through? I paid like, twenty whole dollars for the AFL tickets.

How bout I try the sitcom approach, and duck between both events every fifteen minutes without letting each other know that I'm two-timing?

Danoss

Bernbaum said:
How bout I try the sitcom approach, and duck between both events every fifteen minutes without letting each other know that I'm two-timing?
Take the other sitcom approach and listen to the AFL game on the radio in your ears while at the wedding. Cheering when your team scores is mandatory, the more awkward the better.

Bernbaum

Danoss said:
Take the other sitcom approach and listen to the AFL game on the radio in your ears while at the wedding. Cheering when your team scores is mandatory, the more awkward the better.
"if there is anyone here who thinks these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace"

"KICK THE FUCKING BALL YOU CUNT"

elektrixx

Banned
Bernbaum said:
So I double-booked my weekend. Got tickets to an AFL game on the day of a wedding of a friend I've known for 7 years. I can make the wedding but the reception kicks off at 6, whilst the footy walks up the aisle at 6:40. The fun part of the wedding is the reception, but I'm really just going to show my face. Do I stick to the wedding all the way through? I paid like, twenty whole dollars for the AFL tickets.

When you go to the game you change into jerseys and stuff. When you return to the wedding you change back into your suit.

You'll get caught out when you forget to change out of your footy shorts.

Waikis

Ydahs said:

While many people believe that monosodium glutamate (MSG) is the cause of these symptoms, an association has never been demonstrated under rigorously controlled conditions, even in studies with people who were convinced that they were sensitive to the compound.[10][11][12][13] Adequately controlling for experimental bias includes a placebo-controlled double-blinded experimental design and the application in capsules because of the strong and unique after-taste of glutamates.[10]

A 2002 study found that rats fed on diets supplemented with 10% and 20% pure monosodium glutamate suffered retina degeneration, possibly through glutamate accumulation in the vitreous humor[14] . However, such extreme amounts are more than 10 times higher than those used for flavoring or found in foods and would not be possible to replicate in a meal for human consumption.[15]

Now you can eat your mi goreng with less fear!

Deeku

Mar said:
Mission unsuccessful. Turned out it wasn't the one just up from my place (that's Repressed Records), and it was all the way up the other end of King St. I went for the long walk, but couldn't find the place... Even when Google maps pointed it out on my phone.

Now that I come to think of it... It's probably not King St Newtown.
lol

Waikis

So my kindle is broken again for the second time. The little nub that you use to navigate the menu fell apart.

Amazon's cust service just get better and better. Kindle Cust service actually call you! All you have to do is just enter your phone number into their warranty page and they will call you in 1 second.

They don't even care if my kindle is second hand or whether it is still covered by warranty.

Convo:
Hey my kindle is broken.
Theres a replacement unit coming your way and u will get it april 1st.
End call.
(May not be an accurate representation of the phone call).

:D

Choc

Banned
so apple has banned the queues (perhaps the council said something. more likely the shopping centres where the apple stores are said something as other retailers probably shat the bag about it)

so what you have to do now is go to www.apple.com.au/retail and click reserve ipad 2

each night at 9pm they will unlock allocation to be collected the next day.

Now, ok this sounds fine to most people but given what they did last year its still ridiculous as you have to hammer the website each day and hope.

Last year what you did was go in say you want an ipad, go to a computer, enter your details and the model you want and save the reserve. Then when it arrived and you were in that batch it emailed you. You had 48 hrs to pick it up after the email.

This is a much better system and i have no idea why apple won't do it this year. It stops people getting the shits with them.

Bernbaum said:
The show may hold its breath for a suffocatingly long time, but once the story starts to exhale, Mad Men is astounding.

And it only gets better... IMO season one is probably the weakest. Having said that, I loved the shit out of it.

You're in for some quality stuff!

giri

Bernbaum said:
The show may hold its breath for a suffocatingly long time, but once the story starts to exhale, Mad Men is astounding.
If you haven't seen shameless, Do So.

Best thing i've seen this year.

incoming mar joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom