• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Man I'd love to see the 5th or the 9th live. 7th would be amazing as well.

I might check the ASO schedule...

EDIT: No Beethoven symphonies, but I found this haha

http://www.aso.com.au/showcase-series/space-classics

Stand by for action as the ASO launch you on a journey to infinity and beyond with favourite classics such as Holst’s The Planets and the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey. The Orchestra takes off with John Williams’ music from Superman, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, plus music that boldly goes where no music has gone before with Jerry Goldsmith’s theme from Star Trek. By arrangement with Raymond Gubbay Ltd.

Sounds amazing!

Danoss

Sutton Dagger said:
I'm going to the Sydney Opera house to see the Sydney Symphony Orchestra play Beethoven's seventh Symphony. It's only $25 on friday night if you input a code, the code is 2914 if anyone is interested.

Ozbargain Link
That sounds amazing. If only my friends weren't uncultured bums. So tempting to just go by myself.

Edit: Oh wow, sold out! Wednesday and Saturday performances left only. Things to do on Wednesday and the Eels are playing at home on Saturday.

legend166

evlcookie said:
Work wants me to go to sydney next week for a few days. Crows nest is the location.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.

Help me NSW people, I totally need it! How far is that from the airport? How do i get around from airport to there etc etc.

That's right near my work. I'm at St Leonards. We shall have lunch!

Warning: I usually get Subway pretty much every single day, and sit and listen to podcasts. I may or may not talk to you.

seriously though let's get lunch you'll be like 2 minutes from me. Just look for the big IBM building.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Reading Edge using the Zinio app is mighty cool. And actually affordable!

Clipper

OK, perhaps we can use evlcookie's visit as an excuse to finally arrange that SydGAF meetup... Who's with me?

Also evl, what nights would you be available if we do such a thing?

Shaneus

I had a look at a friend's iPad 2 on Monday, with the size impressing me. Almost sold.

I had a look at a few eBooks/eMags(?) on it today, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one now. Looks so fucking easy to use. Damnit.

Jintor

legend166 said:

Warning: I usually get Subway pretty much every single day, and sit and listen to podcasts. I may or may not talk to you.

seriously though let's get lunch you'll be like 2 minutes from me. Just look for the big IBM building.

Wait, you're... what... I think I'm like four buildings over. I'm right across from Subway.

Fredescu

I wish I was still working in North Sydney. I'd come have lunch too. It would be pretty unlikely that I could make an evening meetup of any sort at this time.

legend166 said:

Heh you work there?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
also:

30xbrk6.png

Danoss

BanShunsaku said:
I loved studying (and then working) at North Sydney back in the day.

So much eye candy.
I similarly know what you mean. My main lunchtime haunt was the Chatswood mall; you could break your neck if you sit there too long.

evlcookie said:
Oh god, It's finally here. The KFC Double Down is coming down under.

Who is going to try this ghastly thing? I know i am!

Had one for lunch today. Can't say I'll have one again, but not bad nonetheless.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Sydney AusGAF you guys are complete pussies, I've met a ton of AusGAF guys and I'm from WA. You know the past? Shit get your act together lads.

Jintor

VOOK said:
Sydney AusGAF you guys are complete pussies, I've met a ton of AusGAF guys and I'm from WA. You know the past? Shit get your act together lads.

I'm going to pretend you drove (flew?) here specifically to meet me

yeaaaaaah boi

I've lived in and around Newtown for yonks now, I'm sure I've met Mar and just don't know it.

Also I just realised the other day that I hate my username, I can't even remember what it means. I think its something to do with Tezuka. And I use it for my gamertag and also twitter. If I could think of something better would I have any chance of changing it if I PM'd someone important?

Mar

BanShunsaku said:
I've lived in and around Newtown for yonks now, I'm sure I've met Mar and just don't know it.

orly. I'm reasonably new to the area, only been here 3 months. But if you wander around often then I've most likely seen you. The ratio of staying home and playing video games vs going out eating or drinking has gone from 70 / 30 to 10 / 90.

videogamesforeveralone.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Clipper said:
OK, perhaps we can use evlcookie's visit as an excuse to finally arrange that SydGAF meetup... Who's with me?

Also evl, what nights would you be available if we do such a thing?

I have no idea, It's still very much up in the air at this stage. Seems to just be an idea being thrown around.

Hopefully I can find out soonish if they need me or not so i can try and get my small bag of crap organised.

Mar said:
orly. I'm reasonably new to the area, only been here 3 months. But if you wander around often then I've most likely seen you. The ratio of staying home and playing video games vs going out eating or drinking has gone from 70 / 30 to 10 / 90.

You've probably seen me then - I'm the tall awkward bearded guy with the pale skin.

Actually that might describe most of us on AusGAF amirite?

Clipper

Both my 3DS and games left West Philly at 23:50 their time... Any of you other importers tracking their shipments? I know another mate's games and system packages also seem to be traveling with mine right now, it'd be interesting to see just how many there are together at once.

Mar said:

Perhaps we've met too, given we both lived near UNSW before you moved and both work there. Wait, do you still work here?

giri

BanShunsaku said:

Also I just realised the other day that I hate my username, I can't even remember what it means. I think its something to do with Tezuka. And I use it for my gamertag and also twitter. If I could think of something better would I have any chance of changing it if I PM'd someone important?
If you're semi-friendly with a mod, some will change your name for you, yeah.

Deeku

Clipper said:
Both my 3DS and games left West Philly at 23:50 their time... Any of you other importers tracking their shipments? I know another mate's games and system packages also seem to be traveling with mine right now, it'd be interesting to see just how many there are together at once.
Same. We're on the same plane!

Edit: I'm a former unsw student and still live near unsw (when I'm not at my parents house) and I think hamchan goes to unsw. We can all meet at the roundhouse!

Mar

BanShunsaku said:
You've probably seen me then - I'm the tall awkward bearded guy with the pale skin.

This does not help. We are talking about Newtown remember.

Clipper said:
Perhaps we've met too, given we both lived near UNSW before you moved and both work there. Wait, do you still work here?

Do I still work here? 10 years and still going... Well, 10 years next month. I CAN MAKE IT.

Wait. You work here?

Bernbaum

Rez said:
also:

http://i54.tinypic.com/30xbrk6.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I see that you like to, ahem, [I]doodle[/I].

This may be the moment that Mar realises that Clipper is his equivalent to Tyler Durden and has been talking to himself the whole time.

Clipper

viciouskillersquirrel said:
+2

I just checked. 23:50 their time.
Woo! All our packages shipping together. Pity they'll probably get split up in LA, unless DHL sends everything to Sydney, but I doubt that due to our curfew.

In any case, if these are like my previous package from last fortnight (which left West Philly at 22:50), They'll be arriving in Cincinatti as their next port of call very soon.

Mar said:
Wait. You work here?
Not this again. You remember that whole situation where you accused me of stalking you because I knew that we didn't work in the same building, but that I did work nearby? As you had posted that your building was over the Apple store or something?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Clipper said:
commanderdeek said:
Same. We're on the same plane!
VOOK said:
+1

Mine will come later, DHL are slow once they get into Australia and all the way over here.
viciouskillersquirrel said:
+2

I just checked. 23:50 their time.
Clipper said:
Woo! All our packages shipping together. Pity they'll probably get split up in LA, unless DHL sends everything to Sydney, but I doubt that due to our curfew.

In any case, if these are like my previous package from last fortnight (which left West Philly at 22:50), They'll be arriving in Cincinatti as their next port of call very soon.

Latest Event: NEWARK DE
Delay in delivery due to external factors - Mar 28, 2011 9:35:00 PM

FML.

Mar

Clipper said:
Not this again. You remember that whole situation where you accused me of stalking you because I knew that we didn't work in the same building, but that I did work nearby? As you had posted that your building was over the Apple store or something?

Oh, that. I got confused with that story and hamchan who's scared to reveal who he is as well. What's the deal with these damn secretive people anyway. Sure, I do wield ultimate power and could wipe out his enrollment records in an instant, but I use my powers for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom