• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

teekun

Tntnnbltn said:
Each game was rated individually under PEGI. The collection has the higher of the two existing PEGI ratings.

But this is technically going to be new software and will have to be re-rated won't they? PEGI isn't going to just take Sony's word for it that it's the same as the old games. You don't get to just slap a rating on something when you announce it, remake or not.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm sure 9 will be kinect based, They really are trying to push that out the door at the moment.

TGS doesn't feel like it's a big deal to me anymore, it used to be a few years ago though.

legend166

I've still yet to hear that the Move's aiming is as good as the Wii, so I'm holding off from buying.

I ask in the Move threads but the only answers I get are from people I really can't trust.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the tech looks, inarguably, pretty damn impressive and certainly more precise than the Wii.

unfortunately, the damn thing is too expensive for me and there isn't really a killer app, yet. I'm slowly warming up to the Move, though. Well, at the very least, I'm not completely apathetic toward it like I was before.

legend166

Rez said:
the tech looks, inarguably, pretty damn impressive and certainly more precise than the Wii.

unfortunately, the damn thing is too expensive for me and there isn't really a killer app, yet. I'm slowly warming up to the Move, though. Well, at the very least, I'm not completely apathetic toward it like I was before.

This is what I mean though.

On the Wii, the pointing and motion control are entirely different beasts. Clearly the Move has better motion tech than the Wii. That's to be expected.

But the IR camera inside the Wii is actually more accurate than the PSEye, which is used for aiming with the Move. So I don't think it's accurate enough to allow you to cover the entire screen with simple wrist movements.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, because I want to play RE5 the proper way.

Choc

Banned
Fire Pro Wrestling coming to 360!!!!

with avatars only :( WTF!

When a piece of software is re-released as a collection the original ratings apply. You can only apply for a new rating if something significantly changes.

Pop quiz time: If we ever get R18 and publishers decide they want to publish previously banned games they are not allowed to ask for a re-classification UNLESS they significantly change the game. Just the rules unfortunately

Radiant Silvergun coming to XBL Arcade

woooooooow :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You get excited about the most random shit choc.

You should invite legend up to play with your move, so he can report back. Same with mar, they can write a review for gamecrux

:D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
legend166 said:

On the Wii, the pointing and motion control are entirely different beasts. Clearly the Move has better motion tech than the Wii. That's to be expected.

But the IR camera inside the Wii is actually more accurate than the PSEye, which is used for aiming with the Move. So I don't think it's accurate enough to allow you to cover the entire screen with simple wrist movements.

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong, because I want to play RE5 the proper way.
If all else fails, they could always handle aiming via the Zelda: SS way of using the internal... uh, I'm not sure what the tech is called. Basically, aiming via movement on the axis rather than direct pointing, which is apparently a smoother way of handling it.

legend166

Rez said:
If all else fails, they could always handle aiming via the Zelda: SS way of using the internal... uh, I'm not sure what the tech is called. Basically, aiming via movement on the axis rather than direct pointing, which is apparently a smoother way of handling it.

Yeah but I don't think that would work for a game like Resident Evil or PES (the two best implementations of pointing on the Wii).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Fair call. It will be interesting to read impressions and actually use it to see how effective it ultimately is. I haven't been following any impressions at all, at the moment (not even the GAF thread). Like I said, I'm only a notch above completely apathetic at the moment.

Mar said:
So... Any good games yet?
More importantly, have they announced that they'll patch legacy titles like Uncharted? I'd like to be able to play them without getting iced because it takes me an age to aim using an analog stick.

My right thumb is unco-ordinated.

Choc

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
More importantly, have they announced that they'll patch legacy titles like Uncharted? I'd like to be able to play them without getting iced because it takes me an age to aim using an analog stick.

only legacy game being patched is heavy rain

Agyar

You should just lock yourself in a room with a console shooter and not come out until you are an analogue wizard.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the less said about Cage's masterwork, the uncompromising flower that is Heavy Rain, the better

legend166

Choc said:
i'm not allowed to discuss the RB3 release date

what is this I don't even

I just want to know if I took my leave at the right time :lol I took it on Thursday the 28th and I've got it until the next Tuesday. I just wanna play RB3 over my extra long weekend ._.

Rahk

Agyar said:
I seem to have a very tiny scratch on the back of my iPhone 4. Not sure how it happened but it's making me second guess my decision to go without a case. The annoying part is I can deal with scratches on the back but most cases don't protect the screen, which is where I'm worried about now. My old case was a leather one that covered both sides, considering something similar again but it's so nice in my pocket without the extra bulk.

What2do.

Edit: This is the only case I would consider, thinking I'll just order one then decide when I get it.

Edit 2: I bear no ill will towards giraffes but I ain't wearing no giraffe tshirt, for the record.
If you don't want a case get a screen protector ?

Clipper

legend166 said:

I'm also interested in how this works, but given the fine control of position and direction demonstrated by the augmented reality demos, I'd say it probably works okay. The reports so far of aiming in RE5 seem to indicate you can get fairly easy full screen coverage too. It's just a pity they didn't add a bounding box for movement (but that's probably a restriction due to it being patched into the game).

On the other hand, I don't see how Kinect can do aiming at all.

Omikron

Got a few k to splurge on a new AVR + speakers, I can't commit to a purchase due to toooooo many options. :lol

Ugh. Must purchase before wife veto's for something 'more important'. :D

commissar

Clipper said:
On the other hand, I don't see how Kinect can do aiming at all.
tbh the interesting thing about kinect to me is using it in addition to the existing controller.

Could get some interesting in game feedback from it.

Fredescu

I don't think they are, but you do have fairly narrow tastes.

Edit: I don't mean narrow as a negative. Perhaps I should have said "highly selective".

CryptiK

Yay Move is out now I just need to know where to get it the cheapest (Kmart have the starter for $79) But I wanna import to actually get a game.

Shaneus

Weak Sony TGS. Other than from what I heard of GT5 and the Team Ico stuff, it was Borefest 2010.

The fact that the presentation went for twice as long, had half as much stuff to show as the MS one yet the GAF thread went to about 5x the size of the MS TGS thread says a lot for Sony fanboys on here :lol

Shaneus said:
Weak Sony TGS. Other than from what I heard of GT5 and the Team Ico stuff, it was Borefest 2010.

The fact that the presentation went for twice as long, had half as much stuff to show as the MS one yet the GAF thread went to about 5x the size of the MS TGS thread says a lot for Sony fanboys on here :lol
They be crazy. Rapping Granny threatened to sodomise me :\

Frawdder

Shaneus said:

Dick move by the developers to black out their trailers. And talking about the Monster Hunter PSP for 20 minutes didn't help.

Mar said:
New Castlevania trailer. All over my chest, arms, knees and toes.
I still worry about the quality of the voice acting in that game (despite the big names attached to it) since they've sounded fairly mediocre in all of the English trailers so far. The game itself looks brilliant though, in stark contrast to DmC (even that name is bad).

Man, if the TGS announcements are indicative of what interests gamers, then I'm barely a gamer. :\
BF: Vietnam looked as good as I hoped it would (only gameplay shown so far though, no trailer yet), as do GT5, The Last Guardian and the Ico and SOTC collection. None of those up your alley VKS? To me they're probably the games I'm most interested in so TGS was more interesting than E3 or GC.

Omikron

Hurrah, just ordered the Civ V Collectors edition.....

I was going to buy it off Steam, but figured I wanted something a bit extra for my monies. :lol

Rezbit

Hello gentlemen, what's the best price doing for Halo: Reach at the moment? And do I need to have played ODST to understand it?

Quasar

Well, with JB Hifi offering the Move Starter Kit pretty cheaply ($79 with a bonus 'rapid charge cable') I bought one instead of waiting for a few PSN games I'm keen on to drop.

Technically it seems to work remarkably well given my gaming environment is very anti motion-control (no space at all, where I typically play from bed). It seems to work and feel very good in my hand. About my only gripe is that the face buttons could have been a little bigger.

I've only played the Echochrome 2 demo so far, but given this and some of the other announced PSN titles I'm tentatively quite happy about it.

Quasar

Man, if the TGS announcements are indicative of what interests gamers, then I'm barely a gamer. :\

Heh. I've been saying that for years. Having no interest in shooters and seeing avalanches of those games year after year wears a guy down. For me its pretty much all PC games of XBL/PSN downloadable titles.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

I feel the opposite this has been one of the more exciting TGS for me - Team ico, odin sphere / murasama hd ports, ni no kuni, valkyria chronicles 3, project dark aka demon souls 2 etc. And I've been losing interest in gaming lately.:lol

endlessflood said:
BF: Vietnam looked as good as I hoped it would (only gameplay shown so far though, no trailer yet), as do GT5, The Last Guardian and the Ico and SOTC collection. None of those up your alley VKS? To me they're probably the games I'm most interested in so TGS was more interesting than E3 or GC.
I don't like shooters or racers, already own Ico and SotC and am waiting to see if the extras are enough to make me double dip (Move patch would clinch it). Last Guardian does look nice though.

Lafiel said:
I feel the opposite this has been one of the more exciting TGS for me - Team ico, odin sphere / murasama hd ports, ni no kuni, valkyria chronicles 3, project dark aka demon souls 2 etc. And I've been losing interest in gaming lately.:lol
Yeah, I already own Muramasa and my lifestyle means that if I start an RPG on a console, I'll finish it sometime around 2016, so I tend to avoid them. Handhelds though.... delicious.

hamchan

evlcookie said:
super street fighter 4 for pc bitches.

inc steam game night

Really? Holy crap!

I think this year's TGS > this year's E3. Way more exciting news coming out of this compared to E3.

Oh man SSF4 on PC :O

EDIT: mistake? MISTAKE!? jkdjsabdjaw

Tntnnbltn

Another package arrived today! This time in a brown paper bag!

Photos of the unboxing... (unbagging? debagging? teabagging?!)

zBbic.jpg

5XhDN.jpg

cRKPF.jpg

Which brings my current collection of textbooks up from the super-awesome stage to the MEGA-awesome stage!

T0nj9.jpg

^ 18/21 are for Year 11 & 12 chem/physics. The top three are for 8-10 lower secondary science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom