• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clipper said:
Woo! All our packages shipping together. Pity they'll probably get split up in LA, unless DHL sends everything to Sydney, but I doubt that due to our curfew.

In any case, if these are like my previous package from last fortnight (which left West Philly at 22:50), They'll be arriving in Cincinatti as their next port of call very soon.

Not this again. You remember that whole situation where you accused me of stalking you because I knew that we didn't work in the same building, but that I did work nearby? As you had posted that your building was over the Apple store or something?
Cincinatti is DHL's US hub, if I remember correctly.

@HolyCheck. That sucks man. If it's any consolation, I won't get to play mine until some time next week anyway because I'm spending this weekend in Maleny with the missus-to-be to meet with all our wedding vendors. Do you think I'll get time in amongst all the talk of peonies, table settings, wine selection or colour schemes to mess around with Face Raiders? I didn't think so either.

Choc

Banned
Cincinetti is DHLs US hub yes. It also might make a stop off in hawaii!

also

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011...mes-capture-babe-mode-players-slapping-women/

Woman yells @ cloud

and this my friends is why Game Journalism is often derided

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/26/fox...em-forever-over-capture-the-babe/#more-158975

a games journalist tries to defend the capture the babe mode as not sexist. Sorry i like games but even i can see from a mile away its sexist and ridiculous

Capture the Babe is a variation on the popular multiplayer mode Capture the Flag. Instead of rushing into another group’s base to steal their flag, you will instead steal their “babe” and toss her over your shoulder. As her hands are bound, she will be squirming a bit on your shoulder and in order to calm her down, you will give her a slap on the buttocks. Not a punch, not a hard smack, and certainly, not in the face.

So slapping on the arse makes it alright then? goodness me.

smacking a woman on the ass is not a violent act in this situation.

To calm a woman down in the game you slap her on the arse. I am amazed the censors did not see this as sexualised violence (and therefore banned). I don't want the game banned but CONSISTENCY PEOPLE FUCK.

Clipper

Woo! Packages in Cincinatti and only 40 minutes behind the timing of my previous package. Aussie launch day delivery, here we come...

Choc said:
Our 3DSs are so young and yet they're already seeing the world :')

Clipper said:
Woo! Packages in Cincinatti and only 40 minutes behind the timing of my previous package. Aussie launch day delivery, here we come...
Say is there any way to change the delivery address between now and then? Realised it's getting sent to my house rather than my work.

Choc said:
To calm a woman down in the game you slap her on the arse. I am amazed the censors did not see this as sexualised violence (and therefore banned). I don't want the game banned but CONSISTENCY PEOPLE FUCK.
It would be seen as parody. Duke Nukem is well known to be tongue-in-cheek and Gearbox would have been quick to point it out to the censors.

DOUBLE DOWN FOR TEA TOMORROW NIGHT! YEAH!
5km run for Thursday would be a good idea

sfdgsdf.jpg

Joining the Courier waiting game.

codswallop said:
Operation Backlog's rules allow me to purchase a game when I finish two. And now I see Enslaved is $32. And I still have Bioshock 2 unopened... it's a vicious cycle, people.

Edit: Actually, it's even cheaper at base.com. Anyone used these guys before? http://www.base.com/buy/product/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-xbox-360/dgc-enslaved360.htm
Open up Bioshock 2 it's a great game and you will have a great time. Don't bother with the multiplayer and you will be done with it after 10 hours or so. Enslaved is very short, better as a rental title or borrow it from a mate.

Clipper

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Our 3DSs are so young and yet they're already seeing the world :')

Say is there any way to change the delivery address between now and then? Realised it's getting sent to my house rather than my work.
Probably not. Best bet is to try calling DHL AU and see if there is anything they can do. I think they typically have to try at least one delivery to the original address before they will redirect it, but you never know...

Agyar

Choc said:

also

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011...mes-capture-babe-mode-players-slapping-women/

Woman yells @ cloud

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/26/fox...em-forever-over-capture-the-babe/#more-158975

a games journalist tries to defend the capture the babe mode as not sexist. Sorry i like games but even i can see from a mile away its sexist and ridiculous

Capture the Babe is a variation on the popular multiplayer mode Capture the Flag. Instead of rushing into another group’s base to steal their flag, you will instead steal their “babe” and toss her over your shoulder. As her hands are bound, she will be squirming a bit on your shoulder and in order to calm her down, you will give her a slap on the buttocks. Not a punch, not a hard smack, and certainly, not in the face.

I typed a thing replying to your moral outrage but then I deleted it because I don't really care and I think you just like to get riled up over anything and/or everything.

Clipper

Apologies to those not importing the 3DS (and further ones to you HolyCheck), but seeing as so many of the parcels are together at the moment, here's a schedule from the previous package I keep mentioning for reference:

courier.png

My 3DS was stating it arrived at 1:57 and has now changed to arrival at 2:15 (weird). Games arrived at 1:58 still. One of my friend's packages was already processed even, which is kinda weird given it took two hours the previous time. Thursday morning is still a possibility due to that...

Agyar said:
I typed a thing replying to your moral outrage but then I deleted it because I don't really care and I think you just like to get riled up over anything and/or everything.
But you seem so calm in person.

With the R18+ games issue, I'm definitely not the sort of guy who would ever buy one of the games that could potentially see a ban. I get outraged on principle, but I can't say it's ever affected me personally. It's more like INJUSTICE IS BEING DONE? FIGHT THE POWER!!!

EDIT: Oh wait, you were talking about Choc always getting outraged. Never mind.

Deeku

Clipper said:
My 3DS was stating it arrived at 1:57 and has now changed to arrival at 2:15 (weird). Games arrived at 1:58 still. One of my friend's packages was already processed even, which is kinda weird given it took two hours the previous time. Thursday morning is still a possibility due to that...
Mine's 2:15 arrival and 2:16 processed.

Man I'm going to be constantly checking this for the rest of the week now:/

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
Mine's 2:15 arrival and 2:16 processed.

Man I'm going to be constantly checking this for the rest of the week now:/
I do wonder if this is the last some of our packages will see of each other. Will they all make it onto the same plane out of Cincinnati? Only time and the F5 key will tell...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Megadrive said:
That is by far the most boring sub. Get a seafood one or subway melt or turkey or shit.. something else! I might walk up and get a seafood one later for awesome.

italian herbs and cheese meatball sub with bbq sauce and old english cheese is the way to go my friends

Bernbaum

If you order Subway and don't get it with Chipotle Southwest sauce you will be one of the first souls claimed in the impending rapture of the apocalypse.

Clipper

Bernbaum said:
If you order Subway and don't get it with Chipotle Southwest sauce you will be one of the first souls claimed in the impending rapture of the apocalypse.
Um... wouldn't we want to be claimed by the rapture?

Bernbaum

Wait, isn't the rapture when Satan comes back for all the bad people? My understanding of religion post-primary school is limited to Simpsons references.

Clipper

Bernbaum said:
Wait, isn't the rapture when Satan comes back for all the bad people? My understanding of religion post-primary school is limited to Simpsons references.
Almost entirely the opposite. It's the taking up of all the Christians to heaven just before apocalypse.

Bernbaum said:

I haven't tried it yet. I remember someone recommending it in this thread, was probably you. I'll give it a go. Any particular subs it goes well with?

Danoss

Megadrive said:
I haven't tried it yet. I remember someone recommending it in this thread, was probably you. I'll give it a go. Any particular subs it goes well with?
I always have it when I have a roast beef or BLT sub.

Bernbaum said:
Jesus, I'm slathering myself in Chipotle tonight, would hate to end up in Christian Heaven. All the best bands are affiliated with Satan.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Woot!

I sent an email to amazon complaining about the extra delay and they've refunded me like $20!

now with the $25 voucher for buying the 3ds, and the $10 voucher for buying a game... i'll be able to afford another game!

still wish i didnt have to wait, but yay :)

Clipper

commanderdeek said:
That's pretty awesome.

Update on my tracking: processed time has changed to 3:13 for some reason.
That's still good. My games were processed at 3:50. My console hasn't been processed yet :S.

Shaneus

So many people buying the 3DS here... seems kinda odd since I don't know anyone anywhere else (other forums or IRL) who could give two shits. That, and my bullshit backlog doesn't have me caring for much new tech/gameage on the horizon. The enthusiasm seems unwarranted... just like with the iPad 2. Perhaps I need some new, second-gen Kinect wares to get me interested in new games again :/

In other news, my first of a few The Hut deliveries arrived... a Kinect bracket that seems to be made for an LCD TV that's no more than a single inch deep. Still does the job but looks horribly awkward and is nowhere near as stable as it should be. Now just have to wait for my PSEye bracket thingy and bluray copy of Welcome to the Jungle.

Fake edit: Kinda had bits of it around the wrong way. Definitely fits *better*, but nowhere near as sturdy as I'd hoped.

jambo

Choc said:

1225003176_APGME-L.jpg

Shaneus

There's a dude wandering around my 360 Game Room wearing a Krome t-shirt. I wonder if it's Gaz, trapped inside for all eternity...

Mar

Shaneus said:
So many people buying the 3DS here... seems kinda odd since I don't know anyone anywhere else (other forums or IRL) who could give two shits.

Same. I don't know anyone who's getting one, nor mentioning it in discussion. Most of these people are DS and Wii owners who haven't turned them on for a couple of years too.

That's not to say Nintendo won't sell a bajillion units, they will, but I think they lost the hardcore crowd quite some time ago.

It's kind of funny. Handhelds and specifically the DS heralded my return to console gaming and I thought it was the best thing ever. Now, I couldn't care less about new hardware nor the games that get put on them, regardless the title.

I think smart phones have changed the way people think about many things.

justin.au

Got myself one of the best seats in the uni library today (it was in a dead quiet area). Sat down ready for four hours of solid work. Write one sentence in my book and my fucking pen has run out.

Unbelievably frustrating. Had to trek out of the library and hit the bookshop up for a new pen. Of course, when I got back, my seat was taken and I had to settle for a shittier spot.

Livejournalling it up in this shit.

Gazunta

Shaneus said:
There's a dude wandering around my 360 Game Room wearing a Krome t-shirt. I wonder if it's Gaz, trapped inside for all eternity...
Nope, it's not* me. The Krome Avatar shirts were never released on the marketplace, even though they were made to spec, so I could never buy one. A shame, I would still be wearing it to this day.

My 360 avatar is wearing a CRACKDOWN shit OH MY GOD I LOVE CRACKDOWN.

CRACKDOWN

(*well, PROBABLY not. We included a dozen or so pre-made avatars wearing Krome or MGS shirts to populate the Room if you didn't have a lot of people on your friends list or you weren't connected to LIVE. Some of those avatars were based on members of the team. I'm fairly sure my avatar was included as one of them...)

Anyway thanks to this thread I had Subway for dinner thanks lads...

Jintor

Mar said:
Same. I don't know anyone who's getting one, nor mentioning it in discussion. Most of these people are DS and Wii owners who haven't turned them on for a couple of years too.

That's not to say Nintendo won't sell a bajillion units, they will, but I think they lost the hardcore crowd quite some time ago.

It's kind of funny. Handhelds and specifically the DS heralded my return to console gaming and I thought it was the best thing ever. Now, I couldn't care less about new hardware nor the games that get put on them, regardless the title.

I think smart phones have changed the way people think about many things.

I'm in the same situation, but I thought about it for a minute and realised that it's not because Nintendo has abandoned gamers or hardcore or whatever, but rather it's because most of my friends aren't addicted to gaming like I am. They don't frenzy about day-of launches and preorders, they just pick things up when they feel like it.

And like you say, many of them have smartphones on which they play Monkey Island or Angry Birds or whatever.

jambo

Mar said:

Anecdotal evidence, yay!

JMizzlin

justin.au said:
Got myself one of the best seats in the uni library today (it was in a dead quiet area). Sat down ready for four hours of solid work. Write one sentence in my book and my fucking pen has run out.

Unbelievably frustrating. Had to trek out of the library and hit the bookshop up for a new pen. Of course, when I got back, my seat was taken and I had to settle for a shittier spot.

Livejournalling it up in this shit.

Holy fuck Jus-cal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom