• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

web01

Got over 50 streetpasses today at supenova!!!

Also got a ton of people with streetfighter and nintendogs data.
Only thing is I dont think alot of people bother to set up the sharing properly in game.

Alot of street fighter teams were all level one starting trophies and most people had not set up to share a gift, photo and message in nintendogs.

Ydahs

<rant>

The AFL website is run by a bunch of monkeys.

It takes forever to load and is bloated with useless crap.

Their new match centre lags like hell (and also takes forever to load).

They removed their HTML match viewer which runs perfectly in comparison, probably because a lot more people were switching over to that than their crappy new version. Gotta please Carlton Draught with their page wide ads. Wonder how many kids use that site?

My website now uses their other stats feed, which is unreliable. It sometimes updates every minute, sometimes two or three. Their HTML feed update every 30 seconds without fail.

</rant>

Yagharek

Dead Man said:
Fucking channel 10. Delayed qualy for the F1 for SA, live for everyone else. Fuckers. Not even a notice that it is delayed coverage wither, they are talking as if they are live. Only clue if you don't know is the lack of the love logo. Absolute fuckery.

Almost ruined myself by clicking in the F1 thread.

Fuck.

Australian TV sucks soooooo much.

This post reads like a choc post

justin.au

So what exactly is a streetpass? That is, what do you get from one?

And yes, the AFL site is, and always has been shit. At least it isn't 95% Flash these days.

Ydahs

justin.au said:
And yes, the AFL site is, and always has been shit. At least it isn't 95% Flash these days.
Their flash match centre was also better than their new match centre. They are going backwards.

Mar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I've been drifting in and out of a fever for the past three days and now I can't get to sleep :(

Nasty dude. Do you know what's wrong?

Also, I cleaned up my xbox live friends list. If anyone notices I've deleted them then send through another request. I just deleted every name I couldn't immediately recognise.

Mar

Gazunta said:
Spending my Saturday night working and redoing up on of my sites. Who knows how to party? THIS GUY

As much as our gaming tastes align, it seems we couldn't be more opposed in other areas. You're very motivated toward your creative efforts, whereas I'm more likely to just go out and drink a beer.

To be honest, I don't think either option is better or worse. Yay us?

Frawdder

Dead Man said:
Fucking channel 10. Delayed qualy for the F1 for SA, live for everyone else. Fuckers. Not even a notice that it is delayed coverage wither, they are talking as if they are live. Only clue if you don't know is the lack of the love logo. Absolute fuckery.

Almost ruined myself by clicking in the F1 thread.

Fuck.

Australian TV sucks soooooo much.
Yeah, pathetic.

Unfortunately I had a minor brain collapse 50 minutes before the start of the telecast and decided to check my RSS feed...

...shit

Ydahs said:
<rant>

The AFL website is run by a bunch of monkeys.

It takes forever to load and is bloated with useless crap.

Their new match centre lags like hell (and also takes forever to load).

They removed their HTML match viewer which runs perfectly in comparison, probably because a lot more people were switching over to that than their crappy new version. Gotta please Carlton Draught with their page wide ads. Wonder how many kids use that site?

My website now uses their other stats feed, which is unreliable. It sometimes updates every minute, sometimes two or three. Their HTML feed update every 30 seconds without fail.

</rant>

The NRL site is the same. It's great how whenever there is a game on the site slows to a crawl and often crashes.

Dead Man

RandomVince said:
Aw. Don't say that. That hurts, man. I think my gripe is legitimate. Sports coverage that is not live should not be presented as such. It wasn't even announced that it was delayed.

RandomVince said:
Just like the whole game. Too many rule changes, too much demetrio.
Agree, can't watch for more than 10 minutes without rage quiting. Worst fucking umpiring in a professional sport. I can watch NBA, NFL, Soccer without getting too annoyed but AFL is just a joke with how inconsistent every umpiring decision is. Not even going to get into how annoying it is that bottom rung team players are paid $80,000+ to play 5 years of shit football. You are a professional sportsperson, how can you not kick a ball to another dude 20 metres away more than 30% of the time? This is you job for fucksake!

Also was I dreaming or did a bunch of swimmers come out and complain that tax payers don't pay them enough money to spend all day swimming in a damn pool? First World Goddamn Problems.
/end rant

legend166 said:
Can't believe how crap we're playing against West Coast. Sigh.
At least you aren't Richmond. Absolute joke.

RandomVince said:
All drunken late night posts read like a choc post.

mandiller

So I've been drifting in and out of a fever for the past three days and now I can't get to sleep :(

Damn that sucks! I've had a cold since the start of this week, but it's just abating now finally. Trying to sleep at night is the worst because your body is trying to suffocate you by clogging your nose.

Perhaps a few alcoholic beverages at the BrisGAF meeting tomorrow will get rid of your flu?
3AQmK.gif

Yagharek

Dead Man said:
Aw. Don't say that. That hurts, man. I think my gripe is legitimate. Sports coverage that is not live should not be presented as such. It wasn't even announced that it was delayed.

I was just referring to the text formatting and flow of the sentences. Not the content.

For the people that have asked about StreetPass on the last couple of pages, here are a couple of answers that Clipper gave me a while back:

Clipper said:
Mii Plaza, one of the built in games, comes with a neat little RPG that lets you battle with other people's Miis if you StreetPass them. The game is extremely slow-paced but quite addicting. There's also a puzzle game where you trade pieces with other people to complete some 3D images.

And certain games have other stuff to, like the figure collecting and battling in Street Fighter.

Clipper said:
You can also use the Play Coins that you earn from walking (max 10 each day) to buy puzzle pieces or to hire cat/dog heroes (each costing 2 Play Coins) to use in those particular two games in the Mii Plaza. Of course, other games use the coins too (hence my outburst about Lego Star Wars II earlier) and given that you are limited in the coins you can earn each day (unless you cheat and change the calendar date), you have to spread them around a bit, making StreetPass the best way to get heroes and pieces.

mandiller said:
Damn that sucks! I've had a cold since the start of this week, but it's just abating now finally. Trying to sleep at night is the worst because your body is trying to suffocate you by clogging your nose.

Perhaps a few alcoholic beverages at the BrisGAF meeting tomorrow will get rid of your flu?
3AQmK.gif
It's a reaction to the flu vaccine, I think. As for the BrisGAF meetup, I can't go due to a prior arrangement. My fiancé is trying on her wedding dress this afternoon and I'm driving her there.

Also, I'm getting fitted for a matching vest. Have fun, guys.

Well the Reds beat the Stormers last night leaving them top of the Australian Super 15 conference so I consider it a successful weekend.

Today I have nothing planned so I can sit my ass in front of the tv and spend the afternoon playing Yakuza 4.

Danoss

It's a reaction to the flu vaccine, I think.
That sucks if so.

Occasionally, previous vaccines had given me the sniffles at most, but this recent one gave no ill effects. Sorry to hear you've had a nasty reaction, if that's the case. Feel better man.

Bernbaum

Sucks you can't make it VKS.

BrisGAF is indeed otherwise looking good for 3pm this arvo. Sounds like there'll be a few people who didn't come to the first couple. To help you out, I'll be the tall guy wearing this here Pacman wristband. If you see a TALL tall guy, like, scraping the ceiling with his head, that'll be Ventron, who is descended from mythical giants.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:

BrisGAF is indeed otherwise looking good for 3pm this arvo. Sounds like there'll be a few people who didn't come to the first couple. To help you out, I'll be the tall guy wearing this here Pacman wristband. If you see a TALL tall guy, like, scraping the ceiling with his head, that'll be Ventron, who is descended from mythical giants.
I'll be the guy that's late. Probably.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sigh steam.

It seems like my account has been re-enabled but steam support hasn't even noticed this is the case. I just got an email saying they couldn't use what i provided them to open an enquiry with the bank as they need some sort of real documentation and not computer text.

I think i'm just going to ignore it at this point since my account is back and working. It still boggles my mind that i never got a email saying my account was banned for xyz and i haven't gotten an email saying it's now been enabled again on top of the fact steam support seems to have no idea about it.

Valve, You so good or maybe not.

Ventron

Bernbaum said:

Sometimes I cosplay as Cthulhu and use my powers for good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I729dOnDZEk

Ydahs said:
How the AFL can overlook such a bug is beyond me (unless I'm reading it wrong that is).
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
The whole site is a piece of shit design-wise, they probably used whoever was cheapest to get it up and running.

Rezbit

Uhhhhnnnn drank way too many Cascade Draughts last night. One of the burdens of visiting my home state. The AGB was NOT good.

Also yes, the AFL design is a POS. We were trying to get updates last night during Swans/Eagles and the crappy site just hung and wouldn't load.

Yagharek

reptilescorpio said:
Also was I dreaming or did a bunch of swimmers come out and complain that tax payers don't pay them enough money to spend all day swimming in a damn pool? First World Goddamn Problems.
/end rant

I want to see this rant keep going. Swimmers are the most narcissistic sports "stars" this country produces. And the media give them complementary blowjobs just for turning up. Anyone of those racist homophobes (no matter how hot, stephanie rice) should shut the fuck up, get back in the pool and stick to hawking uncle tobys cereals instead of crying poor.

Compare their whinging attitude to two of the best australian sports stars these days: mark webber and tim cahill. Self made, charitable and eminently likeable. Without all the bullshit that goes with the swimmers and the cheaters/rapists in the afl and nrl.

giri

RandomVince said:
I want to see this rant keep going. Swimmers are the most narcissistic sports "stars" this country produces. And the media give them complementary blowjobs just for turning up. Anyone of those racist homophobes (no matter how hot, stephanie rice) should shut the fuck up, get back in the pool and stick to hawking uncle tobys cereals instead of crying poor.

Compare their whinging attitude to two of the best australian sports stars these days: mark webber and tim cahill. Self made, charitable and eminently likeable. Without all the bullshit that goes with the swimmers and the cheaters/rapists in the afl and nrl.
not defending the swimmers, but cahil and webber make just a little bit more, a TINY bit more, than the swimmers.

giri said:
not defending the swimmers, but cahil and webber make just a little bit more, a TINY bit more, than the swimmers.
They are the exception, not the rule when it comes to sportspeople. We pay for a ton of swimmers in Australia. How many F1 drivers have we had?

Frawdder

reptilescorpio said:
They are the exception, not the rule when it comes to sportspeople. We pay for a ton of swimmers in Australia. How many F1 drivers have we had?

17 if you want to include Daniel Ricciardo, because let's face it, he's at most 12 months away from a drive.

Dead Man

giri said:
That is true now, but Webber was poor as fuck before he got into F1, Campese had to help pay the bills:
Mark Webber on his 1997 season said:
"We really struggled with the budget early in the year. Between Dad and [sponsor] Yellow Pages we bought the car but we simply didn't have the money to run it. At one point, we were so behind on payments that we decided to ask David Campese for help. He played union with Dad for the Queanbeyan Whites, so he knew our family well, and if anyone was going to buy into what I was trying to do, we thought it would be him. In the end, he paid something like £50,000, which was just unbelievable, and it meant that we could keep going."
No scholarships for him.

Frawdder said:

17 if you want to include Daniel Ricciardo, because let's face it, he's at most 12 months away from a drive.
Shows how much I follow F1, only knew of Alan Jones and Webber making any waves in F1.

Edit: And Brabham of course back in the 60's. My Dad would have a fit if I forgot Brabham.

Shaneus said:
He really does show Aussie Grit, doesn't he?
So did Harvey Norman have anything to add to the Backlogathon? Still got the twitch in the back of my spine to run down and check if they have any bargains (even though I know they won't).

Rezbit

I'm looking for an xbox game to play (haven't played in 4 or 5 months). Anything good come out recently?

Also, those shitty 3DS ads seem to be pretty accurate. Took it to a party last night, and people do make those silly faces!

Rezbit said:
I'm looking for an xbox game to play (haven't played in 4 or 5 months). Anything good come out recently?

Also, those shitty 3DS ads seem to be pretty accurate. Took it to a party last night, and people do make those silly faces!
Bulletstorm, Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, AC: Brotherhood?

Rezbit said:
Ohhh some pretty decent stuff there. I think I might have to check out ACB. Loved ACII.
Are you looking to pick up local or able to wait 2 weeks for an import? $39 at OzGameShop. It is a fantastic game, especially if you loved AC2. JB has it for $69 if you want to pick it up today.

Also I am having problems watching avi files on my PS3. Works fine most of the time with TV shows but the last 2 movies I've tried to watch haven't had the sound playing. Is the sound encoded to low or something? Works fine on the 360 but looks a lot worse than on the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom