• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ydahs said:
hspdf9.jpg

WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN?

Choose Now!

Fredescu

Damn, Civ V is this week. Anyone decided how they're going to buy it? I think I might finish off an EB voucher on it unless there are some crazy good deals going.

giri

Shaneus said:
Is that really necessary? Pretty sure we know who everyone *wants* to win :lol

I may hate eddie and the pies, but i'll be damned if st kilda aren't just as bad.

I'd be happier if they both LOST. (i will say, WTF geelong? though i'm also glad they didn't 3peat).

Clipper

giri said:
I may hate eddie and the pies, but i'll be damned if st kilda aren't just as bad.

I'd be happier if they both LOST. (i will say, WTF geelong? though i'm also glad they didn't 3peat).
Hey, I'd go with that. I've often cheered on a draw in the finals just to see the reaction of the crowd when they realise they have to buy tickets again and come back the next week...

Go the DRAW!

Fredescu

Clipper said:
Hey, I'd go with that. I've often cheered on a draw in the finals just to see the reaction of the crowd when they realise they have to buy tickets again and come back the next week...

Go the DRAW!
Is that how it works in AFL? It seems like such a high scoring game could easily use golden point.

Clipper

Fredescu said:
Is that how it works in AFL? It seems like such a high scoring game could easily use golden point.
It used to be that way for the entire finals series, but I think they instituted overtime for the other finals a few years back. Unless they also changed something in the last few years, the Grand Final should still be a case of coming back next week and starting from scratch until a result is found.

Shaneus

Ydahs said:
I'm putting you down for St. Kilda :lol
I live in Geelong :lol

That said, it's not the team I despise, just their supporters. They played a brilliant game on Friday and Geelong played like shit, but that doesn't get to me (though I'm pissed that we played such a shocking game) as much as the one-eyed Pies supporters do. Ugh.

Frawdder said:
MAFIA II!!!

Finally!!

Interestingly it has a sticker on it that is in German, don't know what that's all about.
I bet it's a censored version or something :lol

giri

Mar said:
Wow, that's crazy. Has it ever happened?

I've never heard of a sport with this rule before.

I believe it has happened at least once. But not in recent times, not since the 70's or 80's.

Clipper

Choc said:
do they seriously go to a third week if the AFL draws twice?
I believe so, but that has never happened. If it were to happen, you'd probably have lots of claims of match fixing as it's very rare to get drawn games in AFL.

According to Wikipedia, the Grand Final was drawn in 1948 and 1977. I believe I remember an earlier final being drawn in the 80s sometime (not the Grand Final).

giri

Choc said:
do they seriously go to a third week if the AFL draws twice?

I dunno, it's been over 3 weeks since i've seen your avatar !@!!$%

But yeah, i think they do. But as clipper said, its rare to get drawn games in AFL. They'd be lucky to get one a year during the regular season.

Mar

Clipper said:
The URL times out for me, even if accessed directly.

Same. So that's why AusGAF is constantly trying to load more content whenever I refresh. I always wondered who the culprit was.

Clipper

Mar said:
Same. So that's why AusGAF is constantly trying to load more content whenever I refresh. I always wondered who the culprit was.
Wow, I have noticed that on multiple occasions but never really put it together with the fact it was someone's avatar playing games.

Choc, please fix it by hosting elsewhere so we can all bask in the glory of your avatar.

TheBear

Anyone picked up Move yet? I find myself slightly interested after having no interest at all, but the lack of game bundle doesn't do much to inspire me. Any good deals floating around? And how does it handle RE5? IGN bashed it not too long ago, but the few things I;ve heard arounf forums suggest otherwise.

Ydahs

bigjimmystyle said:
Anyone picked up Move yet? I find myself slightly interested after having no interest at all, but the lack of game bundle doesn't do much to inspire me. Any good deals floating around? And how does it handle RE5? IGN bashed it not too long ago, but the few things I;ve heard arounf forums suggest otherwise.
If the 3DS doesn't make it this year I might jump in with RE5 (haven't played it yet) but I'll be waiting until it's on special during the Christmas period.

legend166

I can guarantee the next Grand Final Replay will be the last. It worked when the VFL was a suburban comp, but it'd be a disaster in modern times. Especially if either side was non-Victorian.

Shaneus

bigjimmystyle said:
Played my brother-in-law's Move on the weekend. Tiger Woods is okay with it but I did have some tracking problems... I suspect I may have been too close to the TV/camera for it to be ideal. Still impressive, though. Didn't give it a crack in RE5.

Also had a crack at one or two of the sports titles in the demo. Tennis was fun but table tennis was AMAZING. Sweet FA lag and perfect tracking.

I don't know whether it's worth picking one up now or perhaps when there are more titles available, but there are a handful of good deals around.

Nemesis_

Mar said:
notsureifserious.jpg

My only real reason for picking it up would also be RE5. That being said, I've gotta rebuy the game and then the complete move package to make ful benefit of it and that's just way too expensive. All the other games I've got better constructed alternatives on the Wii, and the last game I can think of is Heavy Rain, which IMO is useless on later playthroughs.

In terms of stuff that's coming out, Time Crisis and The Fight interest me, though the former won't be anywhere near as exciting as when you're actually standing in an arcade with a real gun controller, and The Fight is alledgedly just a gritty (read: brown and boring) version of Punch-Out!!

I want to like Move but there's no reason to do so unless I retread ground that has long since been treaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom