• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

We should probably start preparing the parity GIFs. It'll be a pretty big day in this thread seeing as will be exactly twice the price...

legend166

Syth_Blade22 said:
Patch is in like 1 day, it's happening then.

Welp, guess it's time for me to buy it.

Edit: I can't believe it's $90 on the Blizzard store. Screw you Blizzard.

Where can I get it cheapest?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
What's the custom map scene like? Anything good yet?

many fun maps, they usually populate the list for a week or so, just enough time toget over them, then a new batch pop up

I just called the Apple SUpport phone number because the website didn't mention it was only (I assume) available during business hours. All it said was 'The support line is now closed' and hung up. Didn't tell me when it would be available. Gees...

Clipper

Waikis said:
Game is out.
But it's only on 360 and online co-op doesn't start up until the PS3 version launches next week. Or has that changed?

Edit: Oh I see. Reading the LCatGoL thread, it seems the demo came out and it was accidentally the full version. Steam version seems to have released early too. To anybody thinking of exploiting the PS3 thing, I'd say be very wary. Microsoft bans you for taking advantage of stuff like this, so I can see Squeenix/Sony taking a pretty bad stance if you have to go out of your way to exploit the bug.

hamchan

Clipper said:
But it's only on 360 and online co-op doesn't start up until the PS3 version launches next week. Or has that changed?

Edit: Oh I see. Reading the LCatGoL thread, it seems the demo came out and it was accidentally the full version. Steam version seems to have released early too. To anybody thinking of exploiting the PS3 thing, I'd say be very wary. Microsoft bans you for taking advantage of stuff like this, so I can see Squeenix/Sony taking a pretty bad stance if you have to go out of your way to exploit the bug.

People using the code (me) aren't doing anything wrong. There's no way to differentiate between people who were just looking for the demo and people who were just looking for the exploit, so they can't do anything. I was only looking for the demo btw.

Clipper

hamchan said:
People using the code (me) aren't doing anything wrong. There's no way to differentiate between people who were just looking for the demo and people who were just looking for the exploit, so they can't do anything. I was only looking for the demo btw.
Right. But they can argue that you should have noticed that the full game unlock was there and chosen not to install it. I seriously doubt their correction will go beyond the game itself, but it could. Microsoft did take the extreme of banning whole accounts for something like this (although I agree it was more provable whether you were purposefully exploiting in that case).

Choc

Banned
ahahahah hahaha hahaha

this is awesome

piesposter.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Croft is only $15? Same as blade kitten. Not bad i say. Might grab it tonight and check it out.

I don't think i've ever seen it priced until today :lol

Agyar

New video card acquired, picked up an eVGA GTX460 768MB in a factory-overclocked flavour. Card seems to perform well in benchmarks, beating all other 768MB model and some 1024MB models in DX 9/10 tests as well as scoring superbly for noise and heat and moderately well for power consumption.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Agyar said:
New video card acquired, picked up an eVGA GTX460 768MB in a factory-overclocked flavour. Card seems to perform well in benchmarks, beating all other 768MB model and some 1024MB models in DX 9/10 tests as well as scoring superbly for noise and heat and moderately well for power consumption.

Why didn't you go the 1024MB version? That's probably what you should have done, even if it's factory overclocked you could have done the same thing on a 1GB model.

768 might let you down as time goes on. 1GB is pretty much minimum recommendation these days.

But if you're happy with it then great, enjoy your new tiny pc :D

Agyar

evlcookie said:
Why didn't you go the 1024MB version? That's probably what you should have done, even if it's factory overclocked you could have done the same thing on a 1GB model.

768 might let you down as time goes on. 1GB is pretty much minimum recommendation these days.

But if you're happy with it then great, enjoy your new tiny pc :D

Well essentially this whole exercise was on of balancing budget, noise/heat (due to my small case) and performance. The 768MB overclocked card represented a really good balance. It far exceeds the performance offered by the 5770 I was previously looking at (for around $180) while still managing to score well in the power consumption, noise and heat tests, as well as price. For $220, the 768MB sat firmly in the middle on the GTX460 benchmark scale and right at the top of the noise and heat tests. To me, this balance represented a lot of value. Going up to the 1024MB model would have increased the heat, noise and power consumption alongside the performance, as well as costing another $40-60.

As with all things, it's a trade-off. You could argue that going for the 1024MB model represented a good performance increase but going into this build I was prioritising a more balanced system (and budget).

See noise, heat and power benchmarks and performance in a DX11 (Metro 2033) benchmark.

Bernbaum

What's the consensus on Dead Rising 1?

I enjoyed the demo but got the impression it would get repetitive all too quickly. It gets a bad rep for having some archaic game design choices as well as the weird save system but I think I'd really LIKE that.

Bernbaum said:

I enjoyed the demo but got the impression it would get repetitive all too quickly. It gets a bad rep for having some archaic game design choices as well as the weird save system but I think I'd really that.
I think you really would that.

I get the feeling that you're not meant to save everybody and the game is designed for multiple playthroughs.

Mar

Bernbaum said:

I enjoyed the demo but got the impression it would get repetitive all too quickly. It gets a bad rep for having some archaic game design choices as well as the weird save system but I think I'd really that.

You're a number of years late, but it's one of the best games of the generation. Please to be buying video game.

Rahk

Bernbaum said:

I enjoyed the demo but got the impression it would get repetitive all too quickly. It gets a bad rep for having some archaic game design choices as well as the weird save system but I think I'd really LIKE that.
I played it for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it's now one of my favourite games. I didn't find it repetitive at all during my first playthrough, and I'll likely go back for another.

I liked the save system and the time limit, which are most people's complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom