• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
Tomato sauce potato chips = best potato chips.
Yes. I remember when they stopped selling them last time and the only ones remotely close were Samboy "Explosive Tomato" or whatever they were. Just terrible. I bought a large bag and ended up shovelling them into my face while crying bitter tears that my favourite flavour had left this mortal coil.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ydahs said:
Is NeoGAF failing to load for anyone?

One in five pages gives me a time out error in a couple of browsers.
yeah, same.

hirokazu

CryptiK said:
1z48fv7.jpg

MOAR GET!
Impressive. How much did that cost?

Also, yeah tomato sauce chips are pretty nice, guys.

jambo

Clipper said:
It used to be that way for the entire finals series, but I think they instituted overtime for the other finals a few years back. Unless they also changed something in the last few years, the Grand Final should still be a case of coming back next week and starting from scratch until a result is found.
There's been extra time in the non GF finals matches since the start of the 90s.

The GF is still replayed the following week if it's a draw.

Gazunta

Megadrive said:
Hey Gaz are you guys doing a preload for Blade Kitten?
I have no idea. I'll check now. Not too long to go anyway :)

I had a chance to talk to Yug yesterday about the AusGAF meetup - c'mon, we need to do it soon! :)
before MegaDrive takes all our burger vouchers

Shaneus

Hey, what's this I've been reading about having to wait an additional 3 days to activate F1 2010? I've preloaded the thing so how come I can't play it with everyone else?

Bastards.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Also got F1 gifted to me this morning by a fellow gaffer.

Maybe a friday night F1 crash into everyone night? Or is it out saturday our time. I can't count.

Agyar

Gazunta said:
I have no idea. I'll check now. Not too long to go anyway :)

I had a chance to talk to Yug yesterday about the AusGAF meetup - c'mon, we need to do it soon! :)
before MegaDrive takes all our burger vouchers

Same, how's next week sound?

Mar

Anyone hear anything about Dead Rising 2 on sale early? I don't even know why I'm asking... Not like I can play it until the weekend anyway.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
Fruit Dealer plays on Friday Night! Would be keen for Saturday night if I'm around.

Oh he should be dealing out some fruit. Saturday night it is then / during the day i guess.

Choc

Banned
F1 AU steam preloads are unlocked 3am Saturday

so people who buy the game on Thursday can't play it until then

great job codemasters and namco bandai, great job

Aon

Mad Props Hamchan. I was never able to wrap my head around Drop7, despite pouring some real time into it. I have to imagine it's pretty compet up the high end.

Choc

Banned
so i played the shoot on move demo disc last night and really liked it, if its $50 was going to get today

but

its not out till mid october

fail :(

Clipper

My Move is finally on my way to me from America, along with Metroid: Other M. Funny thing is that shortly after they arrive, I'll be going on a trip to the States, but I should have about half a week to a week to test it before I go. I also have a second controller inbound from ozgameshop and RE5 Gold arrived from zavvi the other day, so I'll be testing that out too.

Shaneus

Choc said:
proof F1 2010 is hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3OWljOroD4&fmt=22

dvdorchard.com.au has it in stock

any other stores reporting in stock today? It apparently IS NOT street dated in Australia

In stock gamesmarket.com.au

When they have it, JB Syd City usually does...... might swing by
Bullshit it's not street dated. If it wasn't, wouldn't Steam allow activation? Anyway, this was posted in the official thread:
FORMULA ONE™ fans can today see F1 2010, the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, in action with the release of the first gameplay preview video, now showing at www.formula1-game.com. F1 2010 will be released on September 22nd in North America, September 23rd across EPAC territories with a UK street date of September 24th for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows®.
(don't mind me, I'm just pissed that we have to wait an extra day or two before we can play it)

Choc

Banned
Shaneus said:
Bullshit it's not street dated. If it wasn't, wouldn't Steam allow activation? Anyway, this was posted in the official thread:

(don't mind me, I'm just pissed that we have to wait an extra day or two before we can play it)

Steam distribution is UK street date. Therefore its using the UK Street Date (one reason it doesn't unlock until weekend).

jambo

I often get games early, or on the US release dates so I was going to open up Steam at work quickly to check how much longer the unlock is for me.

Problem is I changed my Steam password a couple weeks back to some string of characters. I wrote it down but forgot it, and the paper with the password on it is sitting in my room at home.

My Steam account is so secure even I can't access it -_-

If anyone is looking for a local copy of Civ V Collectors Edition ebgames.com.au have put it back up for preorder... Which is lucky for me cos I tried to order one last week and it wasn't available :D

As much as I'm looking forward to playing it I'm also dreading the inevitable fucked up sleep patterns its going to bring

jambo

evlcookie said:
So you are using a new account when you lurk steam chat? Poor bastard :lol
Nah everything is fine, I just can't login in to Steam anywhere but my home PC cause I can't remember the password string. It's set to auto-login at home thank god :lol

The exchange rate (AUD-USD) is looking pretty hot right now, hovering just below 95c. The last time it was this good was July '08, when it reached 98c - and then crashed to 60c, taking about a year to get back up again.

Buy!

Agyar

AnkhWeasel said:
The exchange rate (AUD-USD) is looking pretty hot right now, hovering just below 95c. The last time it was this good was July '08, when it reached 98c - and then crashed to 60c, taking about a year to get back up again.

Buy!

Outlook seems to be it'll stay high through the rest of the year, so no rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom