• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Haha I love my work.

One of our consultants who is mates with our head partner got a new iPad. I went down to his office to help him set some stuff up for taking notes in meetings with PDFs and when I came back our head partner wanted an iPad.

About 30 minutes later he walks back in to work with a 64GB 3G model and asks me to set it up for him. He's leaving for a holiday on Friday so he's going to use it on the plane to read documents and books and watch movies.

I wonder how many more will pop up around the place in the next few weeks.

Nemesis_

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I think you really would that.

I get the feeling that you're not meant to save everybody and the game is designed for multiple playthroughs.

I saved everybody! =D

Kritz

Banned
DR1 is one of my favourite Xbox games. You need to be able to accept that it's a bit tedious in parts, and has a weird way of doing things. You just have to realise that it's really hard to do everything in a single play through. I never had to restart, but I only went and saved people when the clock allowed for it.

My review of dead rising 2 event...

Went to designated spot before movie, no one told anyone what was going on.

Waited 15 min for them to shuffle us into the cinema.

Watched the movie, was pretty cheesy more then the other resident evils.

Next got shuffled to play the game. Picked up a controller, it was a magic controller. Light didn't work to show controller was working at all but the button s worked. Except when you would want to play it didn't register.

I then walked to another console and got the controller snatched from my hands.

Got a beer, ate a piece of bread with avacado and left for the train.

pilonv1

Choc said:
F1 AU steam preloads are unlocked 3am Saturday

so people who buy the game on Thursday can't play it until then

great job codemasters and namco bandai, great job

This is the most annoying fucking thing ever. I'm not getting the game because of this and the price increase. Even the price increase isn't too bad because you can get it gifted.

At least Civ V unlocks on Friday.

edit: Oh and the fact I cant get the F1 demo till the game is released either infuriates me as well.

Darklord

Banned
Anywhere know if Dead Rising 2 for PC has been seen anywhere? I've heard it's been street broken here but no idea where or what version. I noticed on EB the PC date is a week later now. I hope that's wrong.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Darklord said:
Anywhere know if Dead Rising 2 for PC has been seen anywhere? I've heard it's been street broken here but no idea where or what version. I noticed on EB the PC date is a week later now. I hope that's wrong.

It's $40 on steam and comes out next week. Not sure what the local pricing is at EB/JB but they could have broken street date.

Darklord

Banned
evlcookie said:
It's $40 on steam and comes out next week. Not sure what the local pricing is at EB/JB but they could have broken street date.

It says it's out tomorrow on the JB site and the 30th on EB's. :\

Choc

Banned
elf, yes

also

F1 2010 is the F1 game of the forever. It's not perfect but its faaaaaaaar better than sonys efforts and man when you turn off all assists

we have the 21st century Grand prix Legends people. a game where you will spend weeks perfecting a hot lap on one track

i think i am in love

Choc

Banned
pilonv1 said:
You can't call it a 21st century GPL with the pivot turning they still have.

True

but in terms of how hardcore it is, it rivals it in how long its going to take to perfect

pilonv1

I'd love to be able to agree with you from first hand knowledge. But it sounds that way.

I always thought F1CE got higher praise than it deserved.

Nemesis_

So I called my Blockbuster and they are apparently renting out Dead Rising 2 today. Perhaps I will rent it before I pick up my Outbreak Edition tomorrow. Just to keep me going.

I know this is meant to be, since I don't have work tonight and I usually do. =P

Clipper

Catch of the Day is doing another of their awesome deal every hour days starting this Tuesday. Deals will include a $199 PS3 (unknown model as yet), $129 iPod Nano, $29 Halo Reach and a "$1?99" Sony 40" 3D HDTV.

For those unfamiliar with this setup, there is a catch... The item each hour is randomly selected and the offers will be VERY strictly limited (6,000 items total for the whole day), so don't assume you can just get the deals. You WILL need to fight if you want them, meaning to refresh madly as it gets to the hour mark and hope you're lucky enough to navigate the 'server busy' minefield. If you can't handle that, don't bother. If you are going to try, good luck!

The announcement is listed on their main page.

legend166

My Creative EP-630 headphones just died. Well, one of buds has really, really low sound whilst the other is alright. Two weeks out of warranty :(

Someone recommend me some good in ear headphones with good build quality. That's the second pair of Creative's I've had break on me.

legend166

Fredescu said:
Speaking of Catch of the Day, see if the headphones on there suit you legend. $20 seems good.

Not in-ear though.

Using regular buds in a quiet office environment probably isn't the best idea :lol

Fredescu

If by "get" you mean you're going to mash F5 on the page for half an hour only to be greeted with a "sold out" sign when the page finally loads, then sure, me too!

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
Catch of the Day is doing another of their awesome deal every hour days starting this Tuesday. Deals will include a $199 PS3 (unknown model as yet), $129 iPod Nano, $29 Halo Reach and a "$1?99" Sony 40" 3D HDTV.

For those unfamiliar with this setup, there is a catch... The item each hour is randomly selected and the offers will be VERY strictly limited (6,000 items total for the whole day), so don't assume you can just get the deals. You WILL need to fight if you want them, meaning to refresh madly as it gets to the hour mark and hope you're lucky enough to navigate the 'server busy' minefield. If you can't handle that, don't bother. If you are going to try, good luck!

The announcement is listed on their main page.

or get the iphone app

jambo

Fredescu said:
If by "get" you mean you're going to mash F5 on the page for half an hour only to be greeted with a "sold out" sign when the page finally loads, then sure, me too!
I'll get one! >=[

Clipper

Choc said:
or get the iphone app
The iPhone app is almost useless when they do these deal every hour days. It can show you what the current deal for the hour is at an earlier point, but the buy button in the app just takes you to the website anyway.

Choc

Banned
so with GT5 coming out and F1 looking the goods i've decided to invest in a PS3 wheel

where on earth can you buy them though appears the majors dont stock ? :|

Fredescu

Choc said:
so with GT5 coming out and F1 looking the goods i've decided to invest in a PS3 wheel

where on earth can you buy them though appears the majors dont stock ? :|
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=12855
or
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13466

If you want to be able to go and pick one up locally, search for Logitech G27 (or the Fanatec one) on staticice.com.au.

I've never heard of these guys, but they're in Mosman and claim to have five G27s in stock: http://greenboxit.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=3214_3217_3219&products_id=31296

If you don't want to go crazy on the price, Dick Smith Electronics have the Driving Force GT wheel for $99. No clutch, though. Still, thinking about one myself.

Also, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will be $999 here off-contract. Ouch.

Fredescu

entourage_s4e10.jpg

"Rehost your avatar!"

Here Choc, put this in your control panel thing. http://imgur.com/F0Eqc.jpg

AnkhWeasel said:
Also, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will be $999 here off-contract. Ouch.
Telstra will sell you an 8GB Galaxy S for only $20 less!

Rahk

legend166 said:
My Creative EP-630 headphones just died. Well, one of buds has really, really low sound whilst the other is alright. Two weeks out of warranty :(

Someone recommend me some good in ear headphones with good build quality. That's the second pair of Creative's I've had break on me.
Not a lot of IEMs have great build quality.

Hifiman RE0 are decent http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=413

I hear the Shures have good build quality but they are $500.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So the guy who beats around the bush taking on nature dies in a car accident. RIP

Another reason why i shouldn't drive.

Ydahs

Megadrive said:
You thought it would be? :|
No, but I spent the last two days creating my collision detection system for my platformer. I stayed up until two and finally got it working wonderfully. I then retested it again this morning and another bug crops up :(

It's working (for now), but I'm thinking of rebuilding it from scratch to increase reliability...

Waikis

Apparently EB and GAME has started selling DR2 already according to whirlpool. Kinda wish i didnt preorder from steam now...

jambo

evlcookie said:
Another reason why i shouldn't drive.
Some guy dies out in the bush so you use that as reasoning to why you shouldn't die.

I know a guy who had a heart attack on his phone, so you'd better stop using them too :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom