• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
jambo said:
Yes, I always leave my PS3 in remote play mode when I go to work for 9 hours =P

EDIT: Oh I thought it was the PS2 version on PS3, not the PSP one.

I'm sure you could ask your missus or sibling
or cat
at home to help you turn on your PS3 if you really want it :)

Shaneus

Anyone here know anything about cocktail/tabletop arcade machines and where to find them? I've been on the lookout for a while now but they all seem extremely expensive and/or fugly. I just want to relive my childhood, damnit!

jambo

Waikis said:
Will you be my online buddy for borderlands?

Sure, I love the game and haven't had anyone to play with for ages!

OneMoreQuestion said:
I'm sure you could ask your missus or sibling
or cat
at home to help you turn on your PS3 if you really want it :)

No missus, my sister is in London, plus I haven't lived at home with her and my parents for like 3 years and all of my housemates are at work as well.

And my housemates cat would probably turn the PS3 on, then sleep on it because of the warmth.

hamchan

Cohsae said:
X-COM? It's that upcoming and totally awesome looking FPS I think.

Oh that game, I'm quite looking forward to that. Sounds like an interesting take on the FPS genre. How awesome of 2K to make a new interesting IP in our age of sequels and rehashes.

Jintor said:
I just realised I forgot to draw Planescape Torment.

Fuck.
If you drew a skull it could be from that or Monkey Island
OK not the really good ones, but a demonic talking skull is still full of win

hamchan said:
How awesome of 2K to make a new interesting IP in our age of sequels and rehashes.
Yeah, take one of the best games from the last couple of decades. And make it an FPS. Ugh.

Fredescu

codswallop said:
Yeah, take one of the best games from the last couple of decades. And make it an FPS. Ugh.
It's not even out yet, lets not be hasty! They could have come up with a better name than X-Com though. They're totally ripping off X-Box.

markot

Banned
>_< Is it me or is the Labour party going more and more right wing?

"Carbon tax? Greens fault!"
"Pokies fix? Wilkies fault!"

It seems that the only policy that they actually back genuinely is the NBN, and even then they seem to be rather incompetently running that up with the idiotic 'no wild west internets' crap and backing those litigants against iinet >.>

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I just had a dream that I was at a supermarket and the supermarket was ausgaf and I went to shelf 20,000 and no one had put anything special there, it was just a few bottles of shampoo. then i got sad and woke up

markot

Banned
Fredescu said:
It's not even out yet, lets not be hasty! They could have come up with a better name than X-Com though. They're totally ripping off X-Box.
The game could be a great fps, but it will never be a great xcom game >_<

Just look at the pics and crap we have seen already. Nothing at all remotely at all even slightly at all like the original series..... Its like releasing a rocky movie thats about a torrid love affair between two bookish librarians.

Oh and one of them is reading a book about boxing during a short scene.

Dead Man

markot said:
>_< Is it me or is the Labour party going more and more right wing?

"Carbon tax? Greens fault!"
"Pokies fix? Wilkies fault!"

It seems that the only policy that they actually back genuinely is the NBN, and even then they seem to be rather incompetently running that up with the idiotic 'no wild west internets' crap and backing those litigants against iinet >.>
Been happening since Keating left. Funnily enough, also since Howard started being popular. Labor are just Liberal lite.

hamchan

HolyCheck said:
I just had a dream that I was at a supermarket and the supermarket was ausgaf and I went to shelf 20,000 and no one had put anything special there, it was just a few bottles of shampoo. then i got sad and woke up

Your dream sucks

markot

Banned
Whats this bs about the release actually being on the 15th >_>?

I just finsihed portal again last night, everyone should play that game again, its so awesome. Cant wait to play the second.

I wonder if we will go through puzzles/stages again or it will be more like the second half and a fight to get glados >.<

But srsly, glados is like the best character in a long while. Valve has the best writers. And animators. And well everything.

Dead Man

markot said:
Whats this bs about the release actually being on the 15th >_>?

I just finsihed portal again last night, everyone should play that game again, its so awesome. Cant wait to play the second.

I wonder if we will go through puzzles/stages again or it will be more like the second half and a fight to get glados >.<

But srsly, glados is like the best character in a long while. Valve has the best writers. And animators. And well everything.
Not producers. Or we would have Ep 3 by now. :(

Fredescu

markot said:
The game could be a great fps, but it will never be a great xcom game
I phrased that joke poorly. I was trying to pretend that he called the upcoming XCom FPS "the best game in decades" because it's the first XCom game.

NEWSFLASH: thehut.co.uk is back up stop new MK can be added to basket and be shipped to australia stop internet speculation squad can cease stop can go back to speculating crapness of new xcom stop

Jintor

markot said:

Just look at the pics and crap we have seen already. Nothing at all remotely at all even slightly at all like the original series..... Its like releasing a rocky movie thats about a torrid love affair between two bookish librarians.

Oh and one of them is reading a book about boxing during a short scene.

That sounds totally hot

codswallop said:
This reminded me of one of the funniest shows in ages, The Inbetweeners
Danoss said:
Love and miss that show. I can't wait for the last hurrah/movie to come out.
I saw an episode of that show and it wasn't bad. So the rest of the series is good, then? What say ye, AusGAF?

remz said:
my new pc is amazing holy shit fuck this is mind blowing
It seems to be missing a shift and full stop key. Take it back.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
jambo said:
Specs man

WE NEED SPECS!

Intel Pentium II 266MHz
32MB RAM
4GB HDD storage
ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM.
CD-ROM drive
56k dial-up modem
Windows 95

Aon said:
http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/14/treyarch-aim-for-black-ops-mod-tools-in-may/

God damn, given that COD tends be a bit annualised, do you thank that May might perhaps be a tad late for a toolkit? I mean, I'm all for mad PC guys getting to make mad stuff, but if you're gonna put it out so late...
Better late than never? Probably had the tools ready to go at launch but Activision didn't want to worry about any security holes that could be found looking through the mod tools. Or they will re-release the game with the tools at an added price.

Frawdder said:
Play more PC games.
The master race will never do you wrong.

Marshmellow said:
Quad core 3.07gig, 24 gig of ram, windows 7, dual 24" screens, High end graphics card (i was locked out of the device manager, couldn't see it) Such overkill for a work PC but i will gladly take it :D
The RAM is key here for certain work.

JASE said:
I hate playing games on a couch because it isn't hardcore enough.
Screw that, comfy couch PC gaming all the way. HDMI out cables are cheap as chips and wireless MK710 is only $89 (sometimes down to $50). Best of both worlds.

Gazunta said:
DAMN STRAIGHT
WOULD TIMES INFINITY

Jintor said:
I just realised I forgot to draw Planescape Torment. Fuck.
You know what this means? 72 panel homage to the great Torment. As much Mort as possible please.

hamchan said:
Oh that game, I'm quite looking forward to that. Sounds like an interesting take on the FPS genre. How awesome of 2K to make a new interesting IP in our age of sequels and rehashes.
A thousand times this. It looks cool, Bioshock 2 was great so I have confidence in them pulling off XCOM. It will be nothing like the original games and they should change the title but at least it is getting people interested in the old classics. Need more non-cod FPS games. Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 have been a great start, don't want the year to end with just COD and Battlefield.

codswallop said:
If you drew a skull it could be from that or Monkey Island
OK not the really good ones, but a demonic talking skull is still full of win
Wrong. CMI is the best out of the 3 released Monkey Island games. Hopefully some day they make a 4th. You just need to look at CMI as a re-imagined Monkey Island. The art style alone makes it one of the best games of all time. They should get Gilbert to make a true MI3 and spinoff the Bill Tiller games as a new series. His latest games haven't been fantastic gameplay wise but dropping him and his artists into a team with Gilbert would create a game so good the universe would implode.

markot said:
Bioshock wasn't a great System Shock game but it was a great FPS. Lara Croft wasn't a great Tomb Raider game but it was a great isometric co-op adventure game. Freespace wasn't a great Descent game but it was a great space combat game. Max Payne 3 might not be a great Max Payne game but it may be a great 3rd person shooter (hopefully).

XCOM looks like it will be an enjoyable Bioshock type game. A traditional X-Com game isn't something that would be a AAA game for a publisher. Someone smaller would be better suited to it, like Ironclad Games or something.

Planet_JASE said:
I saw an episode of that show and it wasn't bad. So the rest of the series is good, then? What say ye, AusGAF?
Thumbs up for quirky, uncomfortable pommy highschoolers. Mostly funny but pretty repetitive. Three stars.

VOOK said:
Intel Pentium II 266MHz
32MB RAM
4GB HDD storage
CD-ROM drive
56k dial-up modem
Windows 95
Man, I can just imagine how Dark Forces II would run on that. *Swoon*

Frawdder said:
I imagine life will be much easier for you when multi-quoting comes into effect.

Unless it already has, in which case...uh...yay?
Life will be much easier when I get my own damn work station so I can post from work. We get 15 Gb of traffic a year so I think gaffing should be okay.

Also what is multi-quoting? I just open quote in a new tab so I can copypaste the quote into one post.

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
Life will be much easier when I get my own damn work station so I can post from work. We get 15 Gb of traffic a year so I think gaffing should be okay.

Also what is multi-quoting? I just open quote in a new tab so I can copypaste the quote into one post.
You can select the posts you want to quote at once so you don't have to do that.

Edit: Damn you!

Rahk

Fredescu said:
How much and where from? Impressions?
Amazon for about $60 incl shipping. Haven't tried it in a game yet, but I think I prefer the feel of the buttons and triggers to the original 360 controller.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Not quoting me anymore? What gives?

PS. Comfy Couch is definitely where it's at now. Remo made an excellent point on an Idle Thumbs I was listening to today (about the "Natal") that PC gaming is the only thing that is basically *always* going to have a standard set of controls and won't have to pander to low-life commoners with their fancy-shmancy "motion" b/s.

PPS. Saw Michael Jackson for Kinect today. Reckon I'll get it.

From an interview RPS did for Fable 3;
RPS: Let’s hope so. Other than the controls, what has the extra time in development afforded you?

Josh Atkins: Well, I don’t think it’s any surprise that we fixed a lot of bugs, which was something that was by nature what we were doing. The other thing that has been interesting is the difficulty mode. It’s not the first time that’s come up on Fable game; on Fable from the beginning I can remember sitting in a room with Peter [Molyneux] and him being very explicit with me that… I believe the direct quote, if I remember correctly, was “I want a blind child to be able to win this game with their feet.” Clearly, that’s an ambition, a general direction – for us, people should be able to finish the game.
Also easier achievements which is an nice incentive for some people to buy it twice.

Free Bulletstorm Soundtrack!

Shaneus said:
Not quoting me anymore? What gives?
Sorry dude, don't have any knowledge/interest in cocktail/tabletop arcade machines. Emulation all the way! Agree that Ricki Lee is spangable though. Also I remarked that Guybrush 'killing' LeChuck shouldn't be considered a spoiler! I've been all over your junk!

Also God Of War III is $28 at OzGameShop, I loved God Of War but got bored halfway through GoW2 and stopped. Should I get GoW3 or will it only get an hour of play?

reptilescorpio said:
Screw that, comfy couch PC gaming all the way
Why do you hate hardc0re?

reptilescorpio said:
Should I get GoW3 or will it only get an hour of play?
Just buy it. It's only $28 at Ozgameshop. You can't go wrong at that price.

Sorry, just trying to see what it's like being you :) PS- the first hour is the best part, so...

reptilescorpio said:

You should get the multi-quote script for grease monkey. You click little quote icons beside the posts you want to quote then hit reply and they all appear in order in the reply tab. http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/63968

Planet_JASE said:
Why do you hate hardc0re?

Just buy it. It's only $28 at Ozgameshop. You can't go wrong at that price.

Sorry, just trying to see what it's like being you :) PS- the first hour is the best part, so...
I'm going to email them and see if they have any OG copies of the cover
God I hate that yellow border so much. The 360 classics don't look too bad but the yellow just looks cheap. Why the f didn't Sony keep the Platinum range? Looked great./end rant

If being hardc0re means owning all my PC stuff in Fatal1ty versions then I certainly don't want to be leet.

FreeFallin' said:
You should get the multi-quote script for grease monkey. You click little quote icons beside the posts you want to quote then hit reply and they all appear in order in the reply tab. http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/63968
Very nice, is there anything that hasn't been turned into a script?

jambo

VOOK said:
Intel Pentium II 266MHz
32MB RAM
4GB HDD storage
CD-ROM drive
56k dial-up modem
Windows 95

I will buy that off of you, just so I can play classic NFS games!

And Hover.

Shaneus

jambo said:
I will buy that off of you, just so I can play classic NFS games!

And Hover.
Terminal Velocity, motherfucker.

Watching Archer for the first time in ages... I'm pretty sure this show would be even funnier if I wasn't sober :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom