• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Srsly. What if an injury happens between now and the next match? What if... etc... its stupid. 10 more minutes, and extra quarter, 5/5... all better ideas.

Choc

Banned
drop it back to who scored the most goals?

St Kilda scored one more goal then the pies, so would have won in that scenario

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It should have just been a 10 minute break then back on the field for a 5th quarter, 20 minutes or so long.

Also tomb raider is kinda good. But the one thing i don't like about it is the rings, i can never see the bloody things. I ended up using the weapon you get early on to create a set of stairs up a wall, once i reached the top i noticed there were 2 rings on a side wall and the wall i climbed.

I was glad i could go at it another way though, even though i probably wasn't meant to :lol

Clipper

Actually, I can see some fairness in the replay. If there is a possibility of extra time, you might need to take into account for match planning so that you keep enough players fit to keep going for that remaining time. With the replay, the team can give it their all right up until the end as they will have had enough time to recuperate for the replay in case of a draw.

And the idea of things happening to players during the week is a little silly. It's actually more likely that players will recover from injuries that they got during or before the drawn game. I believe far more injuries occur in-game as opposed to during training.

Oh and to those saying '5th quarter', you'd need at least a 6th as well. You need equal times going for either goal.

Agyar

evlcookie said:
It should have just been a 10 minute break then back on the field for a 5th quarter, 20 minutes or so long.

Also tomb raider is kinda good. But the one thing i don't like about it is the rings, i can never see the bloody things. I ended up using the weapon you get early on to create a set of stairs up a wall, once i reached the top i noticed there were 2 rings on a side wall and the wall i climbed.

I was glad i could go at it another way though, even though i probably wasn't meant to :lol

What are you playing, Guardian of Light? I really need to play that, I bought it on 360 when it was released but I really wanted to play it coop, so I haven't touched it.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
Also tomb raider is kinda good. But the one thing i don't like about it is the rings, i can never see the bloody things.
Yeah, I keep going for the right stick to move the camera around.

Agyar

Which thread do you guys use to get US people to gift you Steam games? I want Civ 5 but not for a billion dollars. Is Paypal the preferred method of payment?

Choc

Banned
fark virgin blue is still down? over 24 hours later?

that would have DESTROYED the business peak this morning

bye bye status as a business alternative.

Darklord

Banned
Fredescu said:
Yep. They just launched a site using AUD prices.

Apparently the site is screwed. It wouldn't take my password. I got a new password and the password still didn't work. Now it says they have no record of my e-mail having an account.

Oh well, works on 365games so I'll use that site.

Darklord said:
Apparently the site is screwed. It wouldn't take my password. I got a new password and the password still didn't work. Now it says they have no record of my e-mail having an account.

Oh well, works on 365games so I'll use that site.

I looked at the site just yesterday and ordered Dragons Age and everything was working fine.

Choc

Banned
so some dude posts on gaf 'where can i get fifa 11 today in Melbourne'

i post

The game has not left EA Australia warehouses yet (this evening its going out FYI)

then he posts

so where can i get it in melbourne today

wtf :|

edit: also does anyone know places selling the dead rising 2 strategy guide? (i'll ignore all 'you use a strategy guide, loser etc etc' posts :p)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Steam doesn't unlock it for another two days, yet! :( (Lara)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
As fred mentioned, as long as you have the game prepurchased, you can use the gamespot code to unlock and download it.

I did it yesterday and worked a treat :D

Nemesis_

Choc said:
yeah i asked for that

answer the frigging question :)

I bought mine from Play Asia. Though I don't know of anywhere selling locally. My collector's edition guide cost $50 shipped and will arrive Tuesday. So yeah. Once I get it I can post pictures if you want.

I don't religiously use Strat Guides but I usually love seeing all the art and secrets crap that I wouldn't usually find. I actually hardly ever use them for walkthroughs in the main game. :lol

legend166

Choc said:
yeah i asked for that

answer the frigging question :)

I will sell you my Dead Rising 2 strategy guide* if you lend me Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii so I can get my region free gaming back.

*May or may not just contain two A4 pages with a title page saying 'Legend166's Dead Rising Strategy Guide', and a second page with the words 'Kill Zombies' in bold, size 48 font.

Agyar

legend166 said:
*May or may not just contain two A4 pages with a title page saying 'Legend166's Dead Rising Strategy Guide', and a second page with the words 'Kill Zombies' in bold, size 48 font.

You missed the first step, "create drillbucket".

Clipper

Choc said:
sooooooooooooooooooooooo Pokemon Black and White are region locked

A BIG GO FUCK YOURSELF NINTENDO
Um, all DSi enhanced games are. Apparently you can play it in DS mode on an alternate region DSI, but that may require a flash cart.

Mar

Choc said:

I don't understand why Nintendo aren't like every other major platform holder and have the games out either the same day or within a few days of all regions.

Choc

Banned
You guys realise that as soon as the ACCC find out that Nintendo has region locked the DS teh flash carts will become legal.....

Clipper

Mar said:
I don't understand why Nintendo aren't like every other major platform holder and have the games out either the same day or within a few days of all regions.
At least the delay with Pokémon is understandable. JRPGs always have large delays as the translation takes so long. I agree that they should be faster on most other games, though.

Choc said:
You guys realise that as soon as the ACCC find out that Nintendo has region locked the DS teh flash carts will become legal.....
Not quite. The DSi is only hacked for DS mode, which is region free. Thus, all the current ones are still illegal.

If a flash cart is required to play the DSi cart in DS mode on a non-Japanese DSi, then maybe there is an argument that can be made, though

Nemesis_

Choc said:

We've known this since the DSi was announced. And if you've got a DS Lite it'll still work anyway.

EDIT: Beaten.

Rezbit

Does anyone know where I can find the best price for retail Xbox Live gold for 3 months or a year? I really don't want to put my details into the 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom