• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

I went to this Catch of the Day site being talked about...very difficult to even get on the website on the hour :lol

edit: Apparently it's a Toy Story remote controlled buggy! Woohoo!

jambo

Neo plasma is the latest generation of plasma tube technology from Panasonic. It's longer lasting, has better contrast and richer colours, plus some of the models I've seen have fantastic energy ratings.

Also sport tends to look better on Plasma compared to LCD.

Choc

Banned
If they didn't have at least 10-15 they have broken accc rules

Not allowed to advertise things at ridiculous prices without some semblance of decent stock

Hard to prove though

Need some iPhone 4 and iPad game recommendations stat- going away for 3 weeks and need stuff to entertain me. Would prefer not to take my DS or PSP (both original versions and no current games bought for them)

so far I have
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Tetris
Monster Dash
Canabalt
Bookworm
Peggle
Attack Force
Puzzle Bobble
Poker Smash (/thread)

and Plants V Zombies HD

I've already got GTA Chinatown Wars on DS.

jambo

Dammit, iPod Nano sold out on Catch of the Day in about 2 minutes. I put my CC details in and hit next then the site crashed. When it came back up my basket still had the iPod Nano in it with "Sold Out" next to it

=[

Axiom

Thank god there's some discussion of TV's, I always glazed over it in the past and now I've been trying to find the chats in the old thread because I could suddenly use the advice.

I went to Harvey Norman today to look around and the guy there was nice but amazingly unhelpful. I mentioned I wanted something purely for gaming with proper blacks, over 40' and not an LED LCD. That last comment meant he had no TVs to recommend to me though. I always noticed that led lit lcd's led to uneven blacks due to the edge lighting and apparently that's all they want to sell me.
That or 3D and as I can't see 3D I'm not at all interested.

I wish there was a PALGN style weekly bargain watch for well rated TVs. Or perhaps I should have delved into Cnet style reviews rather than jumping head first into AVS and Whirlpool.

Rahk

ClivePwned said:
Need some iPhone 4 and iPad game recommendations stat- going away for 3 weeks and need stuff to entertain me. Would prefer not to take my DS or PSP (both original versions and no current games bought for them)

so far I have
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Tetris
Monster Dash
Canabalt
Bookworm
Peggle
Attack Force
Puzzle Bobble
Poker Smash (/thread)

and Plants V Zombies HD

Space Miner
Super Mega Worm
The Incident
Pocket Frogs (Free)
DoDonPachi
Sigma

Also, Rocketeer is free today and it looks alright, although I've never played it.

Rahk

Congrats rass on the bike! How much was it?

Post pics here when you get it.

Edit: Oops, forgot that I already posted here...

Mar

ClivePwned said:

so far I have
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Tetris
Monster Dash
Canabalt
Bookworm
Peggle
Attack Force
Puzzle Bobble
Poker Smash (/thread)

and Plants V Zombies HD

Mirror's Edge. Absolutely amazing game.

And Agyar reviewed Blade Kitten.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ctrl+f="Drop 7"
ctrl+f="Pix'n Love Rush"
ctrl+f="Super Quick Hook"
ctrl+f="Puzzle Agent"
ctrl+f="Civilisation Revolutions"
ctrl+f="Angry Birds"
ctrl+f="EDGE" (oh two results! wait, shit)
ctrl+f="Rolando 2"

come on, guys. must buy iPhone games right there.

also download iFitness because the developers are beyond awesome and people should support them.

also, if you want to see what the iPhone is capable of download "Epic Citadel" (free) to check it out.

trinest

Rez said:
ctrl+f="Drop 7"
ctrl+f="Pix'n Love Rush"
ctrl+f="Super Quick Hook"
ctrl+f="Puzzle Agent"
ctrl+f="Civilisation Revolutions"
ctrl+f="Angry Birds"
ctrl+f="EDGE" (oh two results! wait, shit)
ctrl+f="Rolando 2"

come on, guys. must buy iPhone games right there.

also download iFitness because the developers are beyond awesome and people should support them.
iPhone games? seriously?

Wait Puzzle Agent is on the iphone? wtf.

Fredescu

Rez said:
also, if you want to see what the iPhone is capable of download "Epic Citadel" (free) to check it out.
It's pretty, but it performs poorly, and I didn't like the controls but that could be personal. I've heard it performs better on IP4, I played it on a 3g iPod touch.

Drop7 though, that's crack right there. Don't need pretty 3D to make a good handheld game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, granted, I played on an iPhone 4 and it didn't seem like it was performing all that poorly. but it's a cool look into the future of mobile games (on future tech), if nothing else.

I don't know how a fully-fledged game would work with those controls and that engine, but I was very impressed by the scale and range of different environment types in there.

Agyar

Rez said:
yeah, granted, I played on an iPhone 4 and it didn't seem like it was performing all that poorly. but it's a cool look into the future of mobile games (on future tech), if nothing else.

I don't know how a fully-fledged game would work with those controls and that engine, but I was very impressed by the scale and range of different environment types in there.

As a tech demo of an engine, it's amazing stuff. Just because they made the demo in a first-person perspective doesn't mean that's how developers will use it. They could make any tpe of game with it and it would look fantastic.

MrSerrels

jambo said:
I'm getting a TV in the next few weeks.

Atm I'm thinking a 54" Panasonic 1080P NeoHD Plasma.

Panny Plasma is a good call all-round. Unless you're planning to pick up a 3D set. I've heard their 3D implementation isn't too crash hot.

rass

Rahk said:
Congrats rass on the bike! How much was it?

Post pics here when you get it.

Edit: Oops, forgot that I already posted here...

haha cheers man, I may or may not have completely ignored my budget and (self imposed) power restriction... :/
I got a 2010 Bandit 1250S ABS (http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/bikes/road/sport-sport-touring/2010/bandit-1250s-abs.html)
ex demo, 380 kms on the odometer, 2 tiny (easily fixed) scratches where it got leant against a brick wall by accident and rego/factory warranty till next July. $10,990 ride away - down from just over $14k.
I test rode it because the bike I wanted sold the morning of my booked ride and ho.lee.shit. So much grunt. Really forgiving on gear selection too.

I'll post some pics when I get it, should be a few weeks :D

hirokazu

Fredescu said:
It's pretty, but it performs poorly, and I didn't like the controls but that could be personal. I've heard it performs better on IP4, I played it on a 3g iPod touch.
Epic Citadel's graphics are unbelievable on iPhone 4.

Rlan

It's finally "Official" - Age of Zombies is coming to iPhone + iPad!

AgeOfZombies_banner_small747328293.jpg

age-of-zombies-1.jpg

age-of-zombies-3.jpg

age-of-zombies-5.jpg

It'll be out October and will be native for iPhone and iPad :)

http://www.halfbrick.com/2010/09/age-of-zombies-iphone-ipad/

Mar

Rlan said:
It's finally "Official" - Age of Zombies is coming to iPhone + iPad!

I like the look of it, and the gameplay sounds immediately more engaging than Monster Dash. I look forward to it.

Rlan

Rezbit said:
That game looks cool, is it available on any other platforms?

The graphics remind me of Pocky and Rocky on SNES, ha.

It was available on the PSP Minis as of February, and has done tremendously well over there. We've redone a lot of the graphics to really spruce them up, and redone the entire control scheme for iPhone.

This:

age-of-zombies-6.jpg

Is now this:

age-of-zombies-1.jpg

for example :)

So I have a 3G, iPhone 4 and iPad stacked with videos and games.
Thanks for the recommendations, all.

Rlan- hopefully that Zombies game is out before I come back from holiday. Looks like something to play on the flight back. also- it looks cooler than a Siberian esky.

Mar said:

Boo-urns.
Meryl from MGS does Terra Li's voice in it. Also features Ivanova from Babylon 5

Agyar

Syth_Blade22 said:
Bugger on the review score :(

but now we know why Agyar was sitting on steam playing it for hours with out speaking to any of us.

Mystery solved!
I was busy trying to get it done over the weekend but capturing the video footage took a while as well. My weekend was dominated by Blade Kitten and apart from five minutes of King's Bounty I haven't played anything else for a while. Looking forward to getting back in to Deathspank or Shank and finishing one of them off.

jambo

MrSerrels said:
Panny Plasma is a good call all-round. Unless you're planning to pick up a 3D set. I've heard their 3D implementation isn't too crash hot.
Nah, just going for a standard TV for now. I can't see 3D being big in Australia for a few more years, if it takes off at all.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just download them all. It's a great gaming device, what it offers compliments basically any other gaming platform so neatly that it's almost sickening.

I could never give up my iPhone as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom