• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Megadrive said:
After again thinking my computer was fixed after a BIOS update, it's still freezing. God damn why can't it just fucking work.

Not the wireless card? Did you do anything after we actually got it working, sounded stable last night.

And tool headlining BDO. Fuck the bdo, where's my side show!

Mar

evlcookie said:
And tool headlining BDO. Fuck the bdo, where's my side show!

Tool headlining made it a maybe, but Crystal Castles makes it a definite for me. God I can't wait to see those guys. Hope they do side shows too.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
Tool headlining made it a maybe, but Crystal Castles makes it a definite for me. God I can't wait to see those guys. Hope they do side shows too.

Tool will easily do a sideshow, one in sydney and one in melbourne like they did last time.

I won't goto the BDO since i can't be arsed with festivals. Although seeing rammstein could be a ton of fun, those guys are fucking insane on stage :lol

But i will be there for tools melbourne sideshow, guaranteed.

Clipper

To those that have forgotten, the cotd.com.au event we mentioned last week has started. Random deal every hour until 3am. At some stage there will be a $199 PS3 and a $1?99 Sony 3D TV, so good luck!

First deal is still available, BTW. 24 Kinder Surprise eggs that expire in a week for $15+shipping, lol.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
I haven't watched normal TV in a long time (also, the page won't load for me). Could you describe it for me?

Quality & Ass. It's where they talk to models who have a brain and an amazing ass. It's a great show.

Unfortunately it's not really about that. Taken from the website it's
Q&A puts punters, pollies and pundits together in the studio to thrash out the hot issues of the week.

It's about democracy in action - on Q&A the audience gets to ask the questions.

It doesn't matter who you are, or where you're from - everyone can have a go and take it up to our politicians and opinion makers.

Energetic and opinionated - Q&A brings Australia's egalitarian and larrikin spirit into the studio.

Q&A is about encouraging people to engage with politics and society.

Q&A is hosted by one of the ABC's most respected journalists - Tony Jones.

Q&A is live to air - it's happening as viewers watch.

Mar

evlcookie said:
Tool will easily do a sideshow, one in sydney and one in melbourne like they did last time.

Perhaps. But they had an album to promote last time, not this time.

Last time they were out I went to their Sydney side show and BDO. Was awesome.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
Perhaps. But they had an album to promote last time, not this time.

Last time they were out I went to their Sydney side show and BDO. Was awesome.

When they toured last time for 10,000 days they said they would be back later in the year, it never happened. With them touring this BDO side shows are pretty much guaranteed. Especially when they can sell out 15000 seat arenas, they would be silly not too.

Then they do it all again later in the year or mid next year for the album tour.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
They're doing another album?

Yea. Writing is underway, has been for a month or so, maybe more. Most of the guys are back in the studio while maynard does his thing and a small tour with apc.

Mar

evlcookie said:
Yea. Writing is underway, has been for a month or so, maybe more. Most of the guys are back in the studio while maynard does his thing and a small tour with apc.

Oh, right. So that sounds like a release date of 2021 then.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
Oh, right. So that sounds like a release date of 2021 then.

Pretty much :lol

It's been 4 years since 10,000 Days so next year should be the date for the next album. If you go with their 4 - 5 year break between albums anyway.

I don't believe they have done a clip for Jambi yet, which was the single 3 years ago :lol

3D TV on catch for $1700. Who is buying it!

Clipper

Update on CotD: The TV is up right now. $1,699 for 40" LED Bravia 3D TV. I actually got through to the checkout, but I don't really need one, so I gave it a miss.

Mar

Have we got any confirmation on a Castlevania release date delay? So far the only people reporting on this is Kotaku, and I trust them as much as the guy sitting on a milk crate asking for change.

Agyar

Mar said:
Have we got any confirmation on a Castlevania release date delay? So far the only people reporting on this is Kotaku, and I trust them as much as the guy sitting on a milk crate asking for change.

A quick internet tells me it's still October 7.

Edit: clarified by adding "still". I can't find any confirmation of a delay.

Nemesis_

Mar said:

I'm really excited that it's so close and as such something must go wrong and this would make sense.

I knew it was always coming out Oct 7th though.

Clipper

I would predict the 3DS launch, but I don't really want to believe the date that I have heard from an unfortunately reliable source. Also, given that I predicted the AFL draw, I also don't want to jinx said date into being true...

I will predict that this will be a launch colour:
nintendo-3ds-color-orange.jpg

Make it so, Nintendo! I can handle the date I've heard if you appease me with this colour.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
I would predict the 3DS launch, but I don't really want to believe the date that I have heard from an unfortunately reliable source. Also, given that I predicted the AFL draw, I also don't want to jinx said date into being true...

Make it so, Nintendo! I can handle the date I've heard if you appease me with this colour.

PM it to me, I has a date too.

jambo

New Catch of the Day coming up in 15 seconds!

EDIT:

Sennheiser MX500 Lightweight Earphones
2 Year Sennheiser Warranty - Insane Price!
$6.95

trinest

Clipper said:

I will predict that this will be a launch colour:
[IMG/]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm309/Dr_Clipper/nintendo-3ds-color-orange.jpg[/IMG]
Wait we have horrible date? wahhh...

I kind of hope its like a GBC style thing- like 10 different launch colors- Green, Blue, Red, Gold, Purple, Black etc.

Mar

Unless GAME have been tricked by Kotaku, it looks like the delay is real. GAME are now showing the 14th.

Lame.

Choc

Banned
Castlevania and PES 2011 are delayed till 14th confirmed. (i still get press releases into personal email account for some reason!

Also, i aint encouraging you to do bad stuff but FIFA 11 is behind the door in shops today

official release is Thursday.

Agyar

Mar said:
Unless GAME have been tricked by Kotaku, it looks like the delay is real. GAME are now showing the 14th.

Lame.

I don't even want to think about the upcoming releases. I have so many games unfinished or untouched that I could probably make it until the middle of next year without any new purchases.

rass

evlcookie said:
What i've always needed, A hair styler.
For styling metres of unkempt beard?
I have been addicted to picross DS for the last month or so, finally stopped yesterday haha :/

Mar

Choc said:
Castlevania and PES 2011 are delayed till 14th confirmed. (i still get press releases into personal email account for some reason!

Also, i aint encouraging you to do bad stuff but FIFA 11 is behind the door in shops today

official release is Thursday.

I have no interest in sports games. Like I've said in steam chat, the last sports game I played was Mutant League Football on the Megadrive.

Agyar said:
I don't even want to think about the upcoming releases. I have so many games unfinished or untouched that I could probably make it until the middle of next year without any new purchases.

Yeah, I'm totally god damn swamped at the moment.

In the middle of playing:

Crackdown 2
Limbo
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Dead Rising 2
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Mega Man 9
Splosion Man
Final Fight Double Impact
The Secret of Monkey Island
The Dishwasher Dead Samurai
N+
Sonic Unleashed

Bought and yet to play:

Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song
DOOM 2
Prototype
Bioshock 2
Red Faction Guerrilla
The Club
Tome Raider Underwold
Too Human
Red Dead Redemption
God Hand
Tusker
Conan

Will be playing within the next month:

Alan Wake - The Writer
Left 4 Dead - The Sacrifice
Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Fable III
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Gahoole

Want to buy:

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Halo Reach
Halo ODST
Resident Evil 5

Need to revisit to finish off:

Condemned 2
Bioshock
Modern Warfare 2
Brutal Legend
Left 4 Dead
Bayonetta
R-Type Dimensions
FEAR 2
Crackdown
DOOM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 XBLA

Help.

Agyar said:
Pretty much. I've frozen my purchases until I get a reasonable way through the ones I have.

At this rate, they could stop selling games in Australia and I'd be good until 2014.

legend166

Mar said:
I have no interest in sports games. Like I've said in steam chat, the last sports game I played was Mutant League Football on the Megadrive.

Yeah, I'm totally god damn swamped at the moment.

In the middle of playing:

Crackdown 2
Limbo
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Dead Rising 2
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Mega Man 9
Splosion Man
Final Fight Double Impact
The Secret of Monkey Island
The Dishwasher Dead Samurai
N+
Sonic Unleashed

Help.

Here's your problem: wasting time playing crappy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom