• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

markot said:
AUSTRALIANS are paying through the nose for internet access compared with most countries.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/aussies-mega-bitten/story-fn6bfm6w-1225933016281
dodo_broadband_adslbonus.png

No doubt the average is pushed up by all the crazy people still on the old Bigpond plans.

rass

Virgin finally fucking delivers,
iPhone 4 I love you. Guy who's reserved iPhone I took - sucks to be you.

in related news - is there a way to re-download all the apps I have bought without paying for them again? Like if I forgot to sync my apps for example?

Anyone in here playing Dead Rising 2? How is it? I didn't even know it had come out, just saw it at the shops haha

Mar

rass said:
Anyone in here playing Dead Rising 2? How is it? I didn't even know it had come out, just saw it at the shops haha

I think we're all playing it. And if not, then the people who aren't are doing something wrong.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:

in related news - is there a way to re-download all the apps I have bought without paying for them again? Like if I forgot to sync my apps for example?

Welcome to why i will never buy an iPhone (i've gotten my old mans as he has gotten new ones) and why i rarely, if ever buy apps over itunes.

If there is a way to get back the stuff you actually own then awesome. But i haven't found one yet, although i didn't search all day long.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you can redownload apps as much as you please if it's on the same iTunes account. I don't know where they're listed, but when you click "buy" it will tell you you already have it and can download for free. Songs are another story thanks to old deals with record labels, but I'm fairly sure Apple are working toward integrating a cloud-like service at the moment.

Mar said:
I think we're all playing it. And if not, then the people who aren't are doing something wrong.
too busy with Civ V to spend the money on DR2.

hirokazu

rass said:

In the Mac OS thread, somebody said you just press Buy and it'll say that you've already purchased this and will download without charging you again.

It's shit retarded though, they could just make it say "Install" instead of "Buy" if you've already bought it. I've always wondered the same thing for ages.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I was tempted to press the buy now button but i was always afraid it would charge me for it :lol

Maybe i will give it a shot. If it works then great. But there really needs to be a better system in place. "Your account has purchased these apps, would you like to download them all to you're new/restored phone?"

rass

thanks all - hirozaku was right - it still says "buy" but when you click it it says you've already bought and asks if you want to re-install.

I can't afford DR2, I might get the first off ebay since I never got very far into it. And get the second in 3 years when I've finished the first haha

Rahk - if you haven't got a jacket yet I've been recommended this place: US$25 flat rate shipping.
http://ridersdiscount.com/
I'm ordering an Alpinestars GP Plus when I get paid, US$405 delivered, AU$750 in the shops here :/ I'll let you know how it goes haha

edit:
evlcookie -- I just hit "buy now" on an app I paid $4 for, was pretty relieved to not be charged again.

hirokazu

evlcookie said:
I was tempted to press the buy now button but i was always afraid it would charge me for it :lol

Maybe i will give it a shot. If it works then great. But there really needs to be a better system in place. "Your account has purchased these apps, would you like to download them all to you're new/restored phone?"
Yeah, I was always agreed to press that Buy button. Well, I have pressed it, but bailed out when it asks to confirm password without telling me I can get it again at no charge. I guess thats after the password.

They at the very least could have a list of purchases. Even the Wii has one of those!

Shaneus

In iTunes you can view a list of your purchases... I can't remember how I got there last time, but it's definitely in there. Account information/settings maybe?

Only shit thing is though, is that it lists free software as a purchase too, so you have to trawl through every single thing you've installed if you're looking for something specific.

Mar

Kritz said:

Oh yeah, and, I think it turned out alright considering: I was very drunk, Ankh was in bed, Kritz was crouching outside his sisters bedroom, and Aon was, well, let's not mention what Aon was doing.

Also, Rockband microphone. There's nothing more rock and roll than recording a video game podcast using a video game peripheral. Rock on Ankh, rock on.

Rahk

rass said:
thanks all - hirozaku was right - it still says "buy" but when you click it it says you've already bought and asks if you want to re-install.

I can't afford DR2, I might get the first off ebay since I never got very far into it. And get the second in 3 years when I've finished the first haha

Rahk - if you haven't got a jacket yet I've been recommended this place: US$25 flat rate shipping.
http://ridersdiscount.com/
I'm ordering an Alpinestars GP Plus when I get paid, US$405 delivered, AU$750 in the shops here :/ I'll let you know how it goes haha

edit:
evlcookie -- I just hit "buy now" on an app I paid $4 for, was pretty relieved to not be charged again.
Yeah, I've seen that site. Might get some pants from there. Already have one of these: http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/montana-jacket.asp and it's awesome.

DR2 is my GOTY so far. DR1 is still worth playing though.

Kritz

Banned
Mar said:
Oh yeah, and, I think it turned out alright considering: I was very drunk, Ankh was in bed, Kritz was crouching outside his sisters bedroom, and Aon was, well, let's not mention what Aon was doing.

Also, Rockband microphone. There's nothing more rock and roll than recording a video game podcast using a video game peripheral. Rock on Ankh, rock on.

eagle_cry_white_backgnd3.jpg

Shaneus

hirokazu said:
Damn, I'm too late! I hope they put it up on iView.
I'm sure they will! If not, I'm recording it on my PS3, so I'll be able to FTP it off of there and edit/encode it for y'all :)

Shaneus

FYI, it'll be on DVD, the Fry thing. Don't know whether that means it'll be on iView or not, but I'll still probably encode/upload it for you all.

I think I saw Michael Moore chowing down in the food court at La Guardia airport the other day. Either that or some random fat guy with three empty plates in front of him.

Shaneus

Syth_Blade22 said:
Negro Gaf, Gay Gaf and other Gafs are in off topic :(

it sad faces me having to come here.
This. In addition, if you're banned/waiting for approval, you can't get to this thread at all. Sucks for lurking Aussies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think legend has already pm'd evilore about it and nothing has happened. Unless it was just a thought.

I think it's safe to say we are somewhat stuck here.

Has anyone here finished the new tomb raider? What's the last level in the game? I just hit the level with the
giant fish like thing in the background image
. Am i far from the end or close?

It was pretty much some tomb raider in between 400 TF2 sessions over the weekend. A weekend of actual game playing, i shocked myself.

Bernbaum

viciouskillersquirrel said:

You need to upgrade to 100 posts per page.
I've been rocking 100 ppp for the last few months and I'm still not comfy with it. Too much scrolling.

Just learned that my business class tickets cost my employer $11,000 AUD. Holy fuck what a wank- all you get is a bit of champagne at the start of the flight and a slightly quicker processing time once you arrive. People who pay for that shit out of their own pocket have some serious ego issues. It's nice, but so not worth the coin.

Today I fight off jet lag and play the campaign for Reach.

I've decided the game I'm most hyped for next is the third Professor Layton game. Vanquish looks good too, but I have mixed feelings after the demo.

Agyar

I am struggling to find the time to get through all the games I want to play. My backlog is piling up and it's only going to get worse with upcoming new releases. The only thing I've managed to finish in the last few weeks (other than Blade Kitten) is Shank.

I really want to preorder Enslaved but it's hard to justify dropping $60 on a new game when I have a drawer full of unplayed ones I just bought.

I'm sick today, except that there's a dude in my house installing my new closet. Noise and the inability to lie down in my own bed have put me in exile at my girlfriend's mum's spare bedroom while the guy works.

No video games for me today that aren't handheld. Should I get an iPhone game to pass the time?

rass

I'm sick today, except that there's a dude in my house installing my new closet. Noise and the inability to lie down in my own bed have put me in exile at my girlfriend's mum's spare bedroom while the guy works.

No video games for me today that aren't handheld. Should I get an iPhone game to pass the time?
After you are done taking ItAintEasyBeinCheesy's advice you should play Angry Birds until your face hurts.

Anyone else with an iPhone 4 have their alarm go off an hour early this morning? GF and I thought we were going mental :(

Agyar

rass said:
After you are done taking ItAintEasyBeinCheesy's advice you should play Angry Birds until your face hurts.

Anyone else with an iPhone 4 have their alarm go off an hour early this morning? GF and I thought we were going mental :(

Everyone's iPhones seem to have switched daylight savings on yesterday, regardless of timezone. Switching automatic time settings on/off seems to fix it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Angry birds is such a bad game. No idea why people like it.

Shibuya might still be free for the weekend if you are quick, chances are it's already expired though. Save yourself $2.50 on a game that may or may not be good.

rass

Agyar said:
Everyone's iPhones seem to have switched daylight savings on yesterday, regardless of timezone. Switching automatic time settings on/off seems to fix it.
hmm, like it literally went off at 6:15, even though it was set for 7:15. I'll try it this arvo. I can just use my 3G as an alarm clock until I figure it out

evlcookie said:
Angry birds is such a bad game. No idea why people like it.
I like games with physics/skill whether they are 'good' or 'bad' :(

Rahk

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Angry Birds. It was fun for the first few levels but then I lost interest.

Like cookie said, Shibuya is free for the weekend so go get that. I just wanted to test it out for a couple of minutes and one hour later I had to pry myself away.

Bernbaum

I can't play games when I'm crook, I wish I could but it's not fun.

Best thing for me is to rug up with some Mi Goreng noodles and whip out the Black Books DVDs.

rass

Rahk said:
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Angry Birds. It was fun for the first few levels but then I lost interest.

Like cookie said, Shibuya is free for the weekend so go get that. I just wanted to test it out for a couple of minutes and one hour later I had to pry myself away.
I just got Shibuya but don't really understand it, it seems like random chance. maybe i should read the instructions

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:
I just got Shibuya but don't really understand it, it seems like random chance. maybe i should read the instructions

Colours at the top left are like your next tetris block. The larger one is your current one, click on the empty blocks coming down to fill it up with the larger block colour. You don't have to click on the empty blocks in any order, but the goal is to match up the same colours for points and all that jazz.

rass

evlcookie said:
Colours at the top left are like your next tetris block. The larger one is your current one, click on the empty blocks coming down to fill it up with the larger block colour. You don't have to click on the empty blocks in any order, but the goal is to match up the same colours for points and all that jazz.
I'm an idiot. I was just clicking the next block, so they were coming down in order :/
I'll give it a proper go later haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom