• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

Had the most epic DR2 session last night. The 4 of us were trying to get all the multiplayer achievements, and quickly found out it only works in ranked mode. Cue us joining and holding games for hours until all 4 of us magically appeared in the same game. Instead of being painful, it was goddamn hilarious. Playing psychological games with the randoms joining with the READY prompt until they left will remain with me for as long as I live.

All of us got the 3 achievements each. It took about 6 hours though... Good times.

Agyar

Mar said:
Had the most epic DR2 session last night. The 4 of us were trying to get all the multiplayer achievements, and quickly found out it only works in ranked mode. Cue us joining and holding games for hours until all 4 of us magically appeared in the same game. Instead of being painful, it was goddamn hilarious. Playing psychological games with the randoms joining with the READY prompt until they left will remain with me for as long as I live.

All of us got the 3 achievements each. It took about 6 hours though... Good times.

If Case Zero didn't really click with me, do you think it's worth checking out Dead Rising 2? That said I probably won't have time to play it until early 2012 so it's not really even worth discussing.

Mar

Agyar said:
If Case Zero didn't really click with me, do you think it's worth checking out Dead Rising 2? That said I probably won't have time to play it until early 2012 so it's not really even worth discussing.

What didn't you enjoy about Case Zero? That was a much tighter and simpler experience. If you felt overwhelmed in that then Dead Rising 2 would be a nightmare. I personally love it though.

Having said that. You are never forced to do any of it. You just have to be able to ignore all that stuff if you're that way inclined.

What did you think of the first game? It's pretty much that, but much bigger and with a bit more variety.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really need to try a DR game. If only Civ wasn't ruining my life.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I also need to try a DR game. I'm tempted to just grab it off steam since it's still $40 and with the dollar strong, it's a good time to buy.

I also notice Kritz and Rid co-op from time to time. So i guess there's some co-op love going around on the PC version.

Maybe when i finish up tomb raider i may just jump onto DR2.

giri

Won't have net at home till wednesday.

This makes me sad panda. So over having no net at home already.

It's amazing how much i do online. I had to figure out how to get to work from my new place, and got completely flumoxed how else you'd look up a bus time table.

(ended up using net on my phone :p)

rass

giri said:
Won't have net at home till wednesday.

This makes me sad panda. So over having no net at home already.

It's amazing how much i do online. I had to figure out how to get to work from my new place, and got completely flumoxed how else you'd look up a bus time table.

(ended up using net on my phone :p)
it took 6 weeks to get connected at my place - I feel your pain.
I bought tomb raider, haven't played any since the first, hope it's good haha.

Axiom

Just need to vent to fellow gamers.

Last week I discover a receipt with a bunch of my 'missing' DVDs and CDs on it sold to cash converters by my former live in cousins would be boyfriend. Last night while making her old room into a study I find another that features most of my N64 collection and a good chunk of my SNES & NES games sold to CC on it by my cousin.

This all happened last year and since that point I've kicked her out of the house after she got drunk (again) and took a swing at my mum and hit me...but man seeing my collection sold in black and white fucking stings.

Hell she got $170 for the whole thing and that's including shit like boxed PAL copies of N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day and Shenmue II for Dreamcast.

Agyar

Mar said:
What didn't you enjoy about Case Zero? That was a much tighter and simpler experience. If you felt overwhelmed in that then Dead Rising 2 would be a nightmare. I personally love it though.

Having said that. You are never forced to do any of it. You just have to be able to ignore all that stuff if you're that way inclined.

What did you think of the first game? It's pretty much that, but much bigger and with a bit more variety.

I would not have said the experience was overwhelming. I wasn't getting stuck trying to do everything, I took my time doing things and restarted once to complete the story missions in time so I think I got a good feel for how you're "meant" to do business in the game. After spending a few hours with it, completing the "story" missions as well as some other missions (survivors etc), building some weapons and generally stuffing about I think I just don't get it. Putting a drill bucket on a zombie is funny but I don't know if I want to do that for hour after hour.

I never played the first Dead Rising either.

Axiom said:

Last week I discover a receipt with a bunch of my 'missing' DVDs and CDs on it sold to cash converters by my former live in cousins would be boyfriend. Last night while making her old room into a study I find another that features most of my N64 collection and a good chunk of my SNES & NES games sold to CC on it by my cousin.

This all happened last year and since that point I've kicked her out of the house after she got drunk (again) and took a swing at my mum and hit me...but man seeing my collection sold in black and white fucking stings.

Hell she got $170 for the whole thing and that's including shit like boxed PAL copies of N64 Conker's Bad Fur Day and Shenmue II for Dreamcast.

what a shit cunt

giri

Axiom said:

Technically if you go to the police and file a report, CC can hand over the details of whom, if anyone, they sold the games too. It's required for Used Game sales. It's stolen property, so you can get it all back, and CC have to pursue her (along with the police.)

Shaneus

Wow... that's fucking terrible. Hopefully you can get some kind of... something out of it. Retribution, revenge, closure, I dunno... anything!

Sorry for you, dude :(

Axiom said:

Oh for crying out loud. Did you call up CC and report the stuff stolen?

Axiom

The whole situation is a bit awkward, her kids are really close to me and my mum still gives her the benefit of the doubt. I'd rather never deal with her again since the whole thing living with her led to me checking myself into hospital over new years and having to get some professional help to keep me from being an idiot.

It was pretty tough just willing myself to get the intervention order, but it's like okay sell my CDs I'll cope, my DVDs whatever, we knew about tons of other stuff and dealt with it...but the games man. You don't mess with my games. Thank god she couldn't sell my comics and signed art.

Wasn't aware I could report it without serial numbers or anything, may have to even if the bitch is in hospital.

Anyway didn't mean to bring everyones mood down, a bigger concern is if I can still fit in my old Doctor Who Halloween costume for Armageddon.

Dead Rising 2 was pretty fun, but if you didn't like Case 0 I cannot recommend it at all

Kritz

Banned
Did you say you've attempted to work out who bought them? Or contact CC? Seems like your best bet to get that stuff back.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
noperino. I don't even use Open Feint. I usually turn all of that off.

Gazunta

Axiom said:
Stop rubbing it in and cheer the rest of us up with amusing comics on Twitter, or share pie.
I'm finishing up a Metal Slug comic now, should be up in about an hour. Are there any other classic video games AusGAF suggests I make comics about?
Nobody gets my pie!
Edit: I'm Gazunta on iPhone Game Center

Gazunta

2010-10-04-Videogame-06.gif

Taking suggestions for other games to do, folks!

And now I'm gonna play some VIDEO GAMES

Gazunta said:
2010-10-04-Videogame-06.gif

Taking suggestions for other games to do, folks!

And now I'm gonna play some VIDEO GAMES

Crackdown 2?

I happen to think the following iPhone/iPad games are awesome for traveling
(thanks for all the suggestions last week, ausgaf)
Monster Dash, mirrors edge (OMG), plants v zombies and monkey island
Megaworm is good too but controls like a citroën with three flat tyres

So i'm sick. I really didn't need to be sick this week. I need to hand in my (unfinished) assignment today but instead i'm staying home and being uncomfortably warm all day. Blah.

Fredescu

I'm treating Civ V with the caution that I treat an MMO at the moment. I know if I get into it, it will be very very hard to get back out of it again. I will buy it when the time feels right.

hamchan

I dislike this thread being in Online. It's like we're Neogaf's secret shame that they decided to sweep under the rug. Why hasn't any other thread been moved in here?

Fredescu

We're not in gaming because our thread being on the front page takes up a slot that a video game thread could have. We're not in off topic because presumably we talk about video games sometimes, but the argument could be made to get us there if someone cared enough. Being moved back to gaming sounds non-negotiable.

Mar

Fredescu said:
We're not in gaming because our thread being on the front page takes up a slot that a video game thread could have. We're not in off topic because presumably we talk about video games sometimes, but the argument could be made to get us there if someone cared enough. Being moved back to gaming sounds non-negotiable.

Yeah, those are my thoughts too. I don't mind being here actually, it would suck if you get banned or can't log in for whatever reason though.

hamchan

Fredescu said:
I'd say Off Topic is the best place for this thread. Talk in here is 50% games 50% off topic anyways. Out of the three forums, placing us in the Online forum makes the least sense to me, seeing as how we rarely set up game nights in here.

Shaneus

Mar said:
Yeah, those are my thoughts too. I don't mind being here actually, it would suck if you get banned or can't log in for whatever reason though.
Yup. Given how sensitive they were about my banning, I think it'd be a decent enough reason to move it to OT. That, and users waiting for approval/thinking about signing up won't ever see it.

Fredescu

There's no reason why the whole thread has to be moved. Keep this thread here for it's assumed purpose, online meetup stuff. PM a mod to make sure it's ok and just make an AusGAF off-topic thread. Could also request an unsticky from in here since it's not really needed.

Choc

Banned
The issue is that you can't see the thread if you are not logged in

so people surfing the web can not see it (and then join gaf to post)

so therefore we cannot build our community

./endrant

Bernbaum

Also we lose exposure. The regulars in here are almost entirely hold-overs from the original gaming side thread. As a gaming thread, AusGAF also provided a resource for news and bargain hunting, as well as being a communal livejournal. I'd seen the old thread linked a few times on various other forums for Aussie gaming news. It'd be nice if we could return to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom