• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Shaneus said:
I just worked it out! You have many copies of Mirror's Edge that you picked up fairly cheaply... you should be able to buy just as many Kinects for the same price or less in 12 months time.

I've just had my Pepsi Max and the caffeine makes me feel like I can answer anything :lol
Yeah I just read what I wrote! Late hour + jet lag = woeful writing.

Aon

http://www.theage.com.au/technology...-disintegrating-car-judge-20101006-166o9.html

BOOM Optus! Zinged by a federal lawmaker. Maybe you should sell customers a car which, I dunno.... doesn't disintegrate?!

and it's nice that someone who isn't a godamn nerd on a godamn message board recognises that 256kbps is about equivalent to a "car with no wheel".

Sure you can use them both, but then you could also commit genocide in Rwanda. I don't really recommend either.

Danoss

evlcookie said:
Damn i think i have the itch to get back into WoW when cataclysm hits. Although in my mind it's very very casual play, nothing like i used to do when i would spend all my spare time in the game. Maybe a hand full of hours every week as i level up a character.

This could be a very very bad idea :lol
That can be easily done, it's how my mates GF plays the game. She's got a couple of high level (not max) characters from playing that way over the past year.

It's not a bad idea at all. You get to experience what I hear is an amazing new 1-60 experience; so good it's meant to make the Outlands looks like utter crap. On top of that you don't burn yourself out.

If you roll on Caelestrasz, I can throw some gold your way and make some craftables if you need them. :D

Mar

Aon said:
http://www.theage.com.au/technology...-disintegrating-car-judge-20101006-166o9.html

BOOM Optus! Zinged by a federal lawmaker. Maybe you should sell customers a car which, I dunno.... doesn't disintegrate?!

and it's nice that someone who isn't a godamn nerd on a godamn message board recognises that 256kbps is about equivalent to a "car with no wheel".

Sure you can use them both, but then you could also commit genocide in Rwanda. I don't really recommend either.

Hilarious. I love how they say 'the customers can still download unlimited amounts of data after throttling' when in actual fact the internet is completely unusable while throttled. Let alone try and download something.

I'd rather not use the internet at all than try and get content while throttled. It's worse than 56k dialup and disabling images and other internet content is required just to get some text on the screen.

Shaneus

evlcookie said:
Retro arcade stools - http://catchoftheday.com.au/

And the amazing bullet on 1-day!! http://www.1-day.com.au/products/AAQADA021
As much as I'd love that stool, it's not *quite* the retro ones I remember. And if it's not exactly like how I remember in my childhood, then I'd be pissed.

smjadecaromas.jpg

A staple furniture item in any caravan park's entertainment room or fish and chip shop :lol

Fredescu

Mar said:
Hilarious. I love how they say 'the customers can still download unlimited amounts of data after throttling' when in actual fact the internet is completely unusable while throttled. Let alone try and download something.
My plan throttles me to 1Mbps. I barely notice it. I agree that the plans that throttle to 256k or less are pretty useless.

hirokazu

Fredescu said:
My plan throttles me to 1Mbps. I barely notice it. I agree that the plans that throttle to 256k or less are pretty useless.
Yeah, you're not on Optus. You don't feel the pain. I could totally live with 1Mbps throttling.

Dead Man

Aon said:

Unlimited, LOL. Hope they get wrecked on that one.

Choc

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Voice options for Kinect won't be available until early next year in Australia.

http://twitter.com/XboxAustralia/status/26037848352

Also cheers Choc. I wanted to pick it up but no where near for full price.

Everyday there is a new wait and see with Kinect, its getting ridiculous. See the latest, the manual says if it doesnt work try changing your clothes

because you know, your friends keep an entire wardrobe at your house with you......

Do we sound THAT much different to Americans? Kinectimals is complete fail here then for launch.

Agyar

Choc said:
gamelane.com.au has enslaved for 65 bucks

asian import tho but apparently in english

You can get it from Play Asia for less than that (~$55) and Ozgameshop has it for $59. Considering just saying "fuck it" and ordering it, I do really want to play it. Unfortunately I have to pay both in dollars and guilt, as I seek to abandon partially completed playthroughs of Alan Wake and Metro 2033, as well as the slew of untouched games I have recently purchased.

Nemesis_

I just noticed that too - but does GameLane ship from within Australia? I don't mind paying a little bit extra if I receive it quicker.

Otherwise I'll just go with PA.

Agyar

Nemesis556 said:
I just noticed that too - but does GameLane ship from within Australia? I don't mind paying a little bit extra if I receive it quicker.

Otherwise I'll just go with PA.

I doubt it, especially considering it's a preorder for an Asian-region release. Even if they do, they'll need to import it from Hong Kong first.

Choc

Banned
When gamelane has stock its in stock @ surrey hills in sydney

i have ordered multiple times with delivery next day

Bernbaum

Enslaved looks great.

I liked alot about Heavenly Sword, even though it wasn't particularly fun - the plain combat and choppy framerate let down an otherwise amazing presentation. Nariko and Kai were great characters and I hope Ninja Theory build on their strengths with character design and facial animation with Enslaved.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the platforming looked so awkward in the GB QL, so I'm hesitant to buy it right away

teekun

Bernbaum said:
Enslaved looks great.

I liked alot about Heavenly Sword, even though it wasn't particularly fun - the plain combat and choppy framerate let down an otherwise amazing presentation. Nariko and Kai were great characters and I hope Ninja Theory build on their strengths with character design and facial animation with Enslaved.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Enslaved for the same reason, but I don't know if I can give them the benefit of buying another one of their games again. Heavenly Sword was beautiful, but not fun enough, or long enough to warrant the retail price I paid for it. I'll be renting Enslaved if I can, or getting it used far down the line.

Bernbaum

The GB QL sold me on it.

Only bit that looked awkward was when Monkey threw the chick at the ledge and then jumped over to help her up. Apart from that it looks tip-top.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I thought enslaved looked like trash a few weeks back so i'm surprised people are interested in it. Since there's no PC version and i cbf turning on my PS3 and updating it, i won't get a chance to play it.

But maybe i should check out some new footage and see if it looks any better.

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
I thought enslaved looked like trash a few weeks back so i'm surprised people are interested in it. Since there's no PC version and i cbf turning on my PS3 and updating it, i won't get a chance to play it.

But maybe i should check out some new footage and see if it looks any better.

US media are loving it to bits

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it looked so automated and clunky.

and pausing the game to fly the camera over every new room just seems so... well, not offensive, just uninventive.

Axiom

I pre-ordered Enslaved ages back on the strength of the fact JB offered a DLC costume that made Enslaved Monkey dress like Monkey from Monkey Magic.

It's just kind of a bonus it's getting good reviews.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
That's a bloody outrage it is!

I'm taking this all the way to the Prime Minister! HEY! Andy!

Is this because of our accents? Ridiculous.

They won't admit it but yes it is because they think the system can't pick up the different accents

Bernbaum

Rez said:
it looked so automated and clunky.

and pausing the game to fly the camera over every new room just seems so... well, not offensive, just uninventive.
I recognize exactly what you mean, yet am surprised the game still appeals to me despite the 'guided clunkiness'.

Ninja Theory probably have an amazing game in them, somewhere. They might not be there yet with Enslaved, but hopefully it's a stepping stone on the path to something incredible.

Nemesis_

Enslaved looks like an interesting more fantastical version of Uncharted. It kind of plays that way too sans guns of course.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just locked myself out of the house with my house key and car keys still inside. :lol Having called one housemate who's stuck at work, I'm now out of credit and despite having my CC tied to my pre-paid account so I can recharge easily, I don't know the last four digits off the top of my head.

I'm stranded for at least another two hours. :lol

Edit: I say "stranded" because I'm currently looking after my parents' place while they're away.

Choc

Banned
JaseC said:
Just locked myself out of the house with my house key and car keys still inside. :lol Having called one housemate who's stuck at work, I'm now out of credit and despite having my CC tied to my pre-paid account so I can recharge easily, I don't know the last four digits off the top of my head.

I'm stranded for at least another two hours. :lol

Edit: I say "stranded" because I'm currently looking after my parents' place while they're away.

until the edit i was like and you are posting on the internet how :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Choc said:
until the edit i was like and you are posting on the internet how :)

There's no internet at my parents' place since my mum took her Internode wireless dongle with her, so every couple days or so I come back home, laptop in-hand, to download my stuff. Glad I got the wireless router going yesterday, at least I have something to do while I wait for somebody to come home. :lol

Bernbaum

FWIW, PoP Forgotten Sands was a very solid game and despite a disappointing lack of polish, is well worth anyone's time. Y'all will find it in the Bomba Bin pretty easily, and I feel I should recommend it as one of the years best commonly overlooked games.

Nemesis_

Choc said:
Gamelane also has castlevania in stock for 77 bucks

1 week ahead of Aussie release

If they had express shipping I would snap it up. But the fact that I'll have it on Tuesday makes me wonder what the point is. =/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Aon said:
So who's playing the L4d2 DLC with me tonight?
:D

What is this terrible game you speak of?

I'm sure rid will be floating around. He sure does love some l4d. I have no idea what the new content is either :lol

Rahk

Bernbaum said:
FWIW, PoP Forgotten Sands was a very solid game and despite a disappointing lack of polish, is well worth anyone's time. Y'all will find it in the Bomba Bin pretty easily, and I feel I should recommend it as one of the years best commonly overlooked games.
It has been in my backlog for a while. I plan to get around to playing it sometime, but there's so many other games I need to play before that.

Waikis

evlcookie said:
What is this terrible game you speak of?

I'm sure rid will be floating around. He sure does love some l4d. I have no idea what the new content is either :lol

Uni's started, : / .I can only play during weekends now.

Agyar

I caved and went to Ozgameshop.com to order Enslaved, but it appears to be down. A sign? Perhaps, but there's still Play Asia. Anyone got a $5 off coupon?

Nemesis_

Choc said:
uh they do, at the checkout

I only got the options for eParcel/Registered? I just realised I am getting the collector's at the same price shipped, and, well, it's hitting me on Tuesday. So no point really, getting more for less. =/

Ordered Enslaved and CV Strat Guide from PA for 65 shipped UPS. So happy I had some affiliate funds left AND a coupon. :D Should also be here by end of next week.

Now....to study for exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom