• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

Android has Fruit Ninja! :p

Not my place to say if the game will go to Android, but obviously there's the issue with touch screens -- a lot of Android phones have terrible and weird implementations of multi touch, which dual-stick games are a little weird to develop for.

Fredescu

fappenmeister said:
Has anyone considered getting either the new expansion pack for Divinity II, or the remastered original version + expansion pack as Dragon Knight Saga?

I already have the base game but dropped the money on a preorder for DKS.
Where did you pre order it from fappen? I'm thinking about it. Divinity II was a good time.

Omikron

legend166 said:
Hopefully we have no crazy hippies in AusGAF.
:lol

Not that I am a fan of that particular piece of disrespect, even if I by and large despise Howard, I did find it amusing. ;)

Tony Jones looked like he was going to throttle the dude.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc lied! No NFS demo for PC. As expected, he doesn't work at EA at all!

I'm also thinking of removing the beard. I don't have that awesome fine hair, it's all curly and a little crazy which is nice, but it's not awesome. I do have a soft spot for the beard, i think it sort of suits me and it hides the small double chin.

I haven't had a non shaved face for nearly a year now. Conflicted.

rass

evlcookie said:
Choc lied! No NFS demo for PC. As expected, he doesn't work at EA at all!

I'm also thinking of removing the beard. I don't have that awesome fine hair, it's all curly and a little crazy which is nice, but it's not awesome. I do have a soft spot for the beard, i think it sort of suits me and it hides the small double chin.

don't do it. Whenever I think of shaving my face completely I just try to remember how much I look like a 12 year old boy with no chin when I do. Usually helps me make up my mind.

Omikron

pilonv1 said:
No demo for PC?

lolz @ NFS being 30fps on consoles.

Who needs more than 30fps.

Edit: btw pilon, you played the FM11 demo?

I skipped FM10 more due to time than anything and am finding 11 a huge upgrade on 09 so far, loving some of the new features. But one thing I can't stand is the colour of default skin, my eyes feel like dropping out of their sockets after 15-20 minutes game time.

pilonv1

I don't think it's locked on PC, would make no sense.

I haven't played FM11 yet Omi, I want to wait until the December patch and get Fallout NV out of the way. I know as soon as I start on FM11 it will consume my life.

I haven't used the default skin for years, I previously used Flex in 09 and something different in 10. There's some fantastic skins in the Skinning forum on the SI site.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
rass said:
don't do it. Whenever I think of shaving my face completely I just try to remember how much I look like a 12 year old boy with no chin when I do. Usually helps me make up my mind.

I do have a baby face when it's completely shaved. But i have been told by a friend that i should ditch it since summer is coming up. It's odd how i shave my head since i can't be bothered with hair and yet i let the stuff grow on my face.

I might just trim it properly on the weekend and see how she looks. If it's still wonky, then i might just chop it all off and go back to the baby face look. Seeing a small bit of fat around my face again might make me workout, for 2 weeks until i get bored of it again.

Danoss

evlcookie said:

Don't do it!

If you're letting it grow wild, pick up a beard trimmer and tidy that shit up. A tidy beard looks great, I would never give mine up (hides my double chin also). :lol

I grabbed a Remington trimmer from Myer a while back for like $50. The trimmers they have now look awesome. This one below has USB charging for us nerds.

051498.jpg

legend166

Omi said:
Who needs more than 30fps.

Edit: btw pilon, you played the FM11 demo?

I skipped FM10 more due to time than anything and am finding 11 a huge upgrade on 09 so far, loving some of the new features. But one thing I can't stand is the colour of default skin, my eyes feel like dropping out of their sockets after 15-20 minutes game time.

Everyone needs more than 30fps.

Especially for a racing game.

Omikron

pilonv1 said:
I don't think it's locked on PC, would make no sense.

I haven't played FM11 yet Omi, I want to wait until the December patch and get Fallout NV out of the way. I know as soon as I start on FM11 it will consume my life.

I haven't used the default skin for years, I previously used Flex in 09 and something different in 10. There's some fantastic skins in the Skinning forum on the SI site.

Yah.. definitely be looking at a skin upgrade ASAP... I am just itching to get cracking on FM again, so don't think I will wait for patch. :D

legend166 said:
Everyone needs more than 30fps.

Especially for a racing game.

I shouldn't inflict my sarcastic side on you guys yet.

legend166

Also I'm probably going to have to get a whole new pair of glasses (lenses and frames). They can't fix my existing pair without a massive chunk of solder being visible :lol

I got these latest lenses this year D:

I'm going to see if I can find some frames where the lenses will fit.

Choc

Banned
i gave up on android, its to much of a complete clusterf.ck right now with samsung htc etc doing what they want with it

you do need a standardised OS to have any hope of making it ......

anyway

sorry about teh nfs pc thing, i had it on a sheet it was getting a demo...., things change :|

i am very surprised its not getting one to be honest.

Legend, has your keyboard shipped.

Omikron

Choc said:
i gave up on android, its to much of a complete clusterf.ck right now with samsung htc etc doing what they want with it

you do need a standardised OS to have any hope of making it ......

Hi Steve.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
Hi Steve.

i dont like iphone

i tried android, but its just a mess right now in many ways. Open systems are great but having people put whatever the f they want on the phone without approvals is not......

I kinda like Windows Phone 7 but right now i am on a crackberry.... (might go back to WP7 one day)

Fredescu

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Hey now!

I'm not a hippy.
I meant the guy in my avatar, but I've heard that hippies are closely related to the Sciuridae family.

Choc said:
i tried android, but its just a mess right now in many ways. Open systems are great but having people put whatever the f they want on the phone without approvals is not......
You mean the carrier software? I don't know what the big deal with that is.

pilonv1

seriously a beard trimmer is the best investment you'll ever make. I bought a Wahl one a few years ago for $60 and I can't express in words how awesome it has been.

Fredescu said:
I meant the guy in my avatar

vegetable rights and peace man

Omikron

Choc said:
i dont like iphone

I kinda like Windows Phone 7 but right now i am on a crackberry.... (might go back to WP7 one day)

Mmm, I actually really like my droid phone. Haven't had any of the problems you are alluding to.

Maybe I don't download a whole bunch of crap to it? Who knows.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I do have a beard trimmer and while i find it useful, The beard can still be a bit crazy even after a trim. I might just spend some serious time on it this weekend to try and get it into some sort of even shape.

Not sure how short i would want it though. Maybe a 4 or so.

Choc

Banned
i emailed them to cancel.

if in the off chance i get stuck with two, one goes on ebay

considering that they are going to be rare here, i expect to be able to recoup costs....

Agyar

I would probably buy Rock Band 3 if it wasn't a million dollars to buy all the stupid plastic shit. Plus it's another music game and I struggle to care about that genre any more.

Shaneus

I'll just be happy to have a career mode to play though and some new tracks... my Logitech GH guitar (that I scored for $70) is doing me quite nicely as well as the RB1 drums (that never get used) and the RB1 microphone (that never gets used). Keyboard play sounds like it could get difficult and TBH I have enough trouble with Hard mode (fucking pinkie won't reach down to that bottom fret :lol ) as it is without co-ordinating MORE keys/buttons.

MrSerrels

I've got the sweats. So tempted to run up to EB and try and pick up a keytar/RB3 combo. But need a US PS3 copy so I can get all my tracks hooked up.

Lord give me strength...

Bernbaum

Brad Shoemaker's Fable III review has revealed that the flaws I were hoping wouldn't plague the experience are in fact present in full force. As such, my teetering compulsion the pick up the game tomorrow has now slid the other way.

Next new release for me is now Assassins Creed Brotherhood - a game I thought was dumb until I saw it at E3. If I pick up a new game between now and then, it'll be either DJ Hero 2 or the new Layton.

Haven't dished out some DS love in ages.

MrSerrels

Bernbaum said:
Next new release for me is now Assassins Creed Brotherhood - a game I thought was dumb until I saw it at E3. If I pick up a new game between now and then, it'll be either DJ Hero 2 or the new Layton.

AC: B is actually the game I'm prob most excited about at the moment. I really like where they're going with all the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom