• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

fwiw 500gb ps4 slim will be at target for 309 this fri. Sorely tempted to get it but I don't even have enough time to play pokemon as is.

Heads up! It you're one of the 3 people in the world who still hasn't bought GTAV (like me!) you might be able to snag a copy for $20 at midday: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/277086

There's other games as well, but that's the standout deal for me.
I spent half an hour trying to get it to work, total clusterfuck. They ended up dropping all the prices to $30 but then the code only took $10 off basket not each item >_<

Any sweet deals on PS4 Pros? Looking to sell my 1TB non slim for around $420.

I've seen quite a few 500GB units go for $200, you might get lucky on Gumtree. EB will give you about $200 for it I think, I traded in towards the Pro due to the trade in deals and extra 50% trade in value on games.

Thanks for the well-wishes all, was a perfect day where everything happened to work out even better than planned.

Now just have to get this "new house" thing sorted.

So I'll probably still be fairly quiet around here for the time being, at least until that's all done too.
That's awesome news!

Thanks for the well-wishes all, was a perfect day where everything happened to work out even better than planned.

Now just have to get this "new house" thing sorted.

So I'll probably still be fairly quiet around here for the time being, at least until that's all done too.

Congrats!

Mark Webber is sad.

What? Me? How dare you besmirch me, sir!! Damn you. Damn you to hell and back!

tumblr_lpax4z2pKc1qdbgcm.gif

mulac

Is there a single site for all the sales coming up this weekend?

I know Target, CDKeys, Myer have reductions but how to consolidate all the offers/best deals together?

If you guys are looking for a single player experience, i would highly recommend Dishonored 2. I am absolutely loving it. for $45, you can't really go wrong.

also rec: Titanfall 2. It's just brilliant, single and multi. CoD IW also has a fantastic SP and great coop Zombie game (and absolutely terrible, terrible multi which you should totally avoid).

Recreat3

How quick do you guys think the target specials will sell out i really want titanfall 2 at that price. Will grab a coupe of copies, one for my housemate and ill probably grab eother watch dogs 2 or dishonoured 2.

How quick do you guys think the target specials will sell out i really want titanfall 2 at that price. Will grab a coupe of copies, one for my housemate and ill probably grab eother watch dogs 2 or dishonoured 2.

In minutes?

Unless there is some limit per person, flippers will be there at opening. Ok, that might be a bit extreme but you wouldn't want to wait too long.

T-0800

If you guys are looking for a single player experience, i would highly recommend Dishonored 2. I am absolutely loving it. for $45, you can't really go wrong.

also rec: Titanfall 2. It's just brilliant, single and multi. CoD IW also has a fantastic SP and great coop Zombie game (and absolutely terrible, terrible multi which you should totally avoid).

MP is really good imo.

Recreat3

In minutes?

Unless there is some limit per person, flippers will be there at opening. Ok, that might be a bit extreme but you wouldn't want to wait too long.

They really should have a limit on sales like this even though i want 2 copies of tfall2. Such a huge saving. Either way im setting myself up for disappointment..and i hope jb will price match if need be.

Cerity

They really should have a limit on sales like this even though i want 2 copies of tfall2. Such a huge saving. Either way im setting myself up for disappointment..and i hope jb will price match if need be.

According to a dude on ozb jb will be price matching target. Could just be a massive fakeout to get everyone to jb though :p

Big W is going to counter the Target sale, starts of Friday as well. Titanfall 2 for everyone!

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/277538

Xbox One S 500GB Minecraft Console + Name Your Game Token $359
Titanfall 2 $35
Mafia 3 $49
Call Of Duty: IW $54
Battlefield 1 $52
FIFA 17 $52
Skyrim $45
Dishonored 2 $45
Watchdogs 2 $52
Uncharted 4 $39

Recreat3

I had no idea the target stuff was online aswell. Well big w having the sale definitelyhelps as there is one really close to me whereas target is a lot further. Oh man..in the words of big kev "im excited".

Gazunta

PS4 folk, add me on PSN already! Same username as my GAF username.

So far I've spent the most amount of time in Tricky Towers and Rocket League. I like how easy to get into and start playing they are. I dunno if I'm just losing my attention span but if I need more than 5 minutes to figure out what the game is like I am out.

So far I've spent the most amount of time in Tricky Towers and Rocket League. I like how easy to get into and start playing they are. I dunno if I'm just losing my attention span but if I need more than 5 minutes to figure out what the game is like I am out.
Don't forget to join the AusGAF PSN Community, you don't want to miss a post in there, because it might be 3 months until the next one lol. It's an easy way to find all of the AusGAFers PSNs though.

What games are on your shopping list Gaz? Have you had PS+ for long?

Don't forget to join the AusGAF PSN Community, you don't want to miss a post in there, because it might be 3 months until the next one lol. It's an easy way to find all of the AusGAFers PSNs though.

do ether of you have R6 ? :)

do ether of you have R6 ? :)
Funnily enough I do, and I've played it once since I bought it at launch. I played the hell out of the Alpha and Beta, but the launch window was competing with something else at the time (Blood and Wine DLC for Witcher 3 maybe?); I keep meaning to give it a proper crack but can never find the time.

Shaneus

Just bite the bullet and get a 64GB card from Yes Asia. It gives you the same bang for buck that a JB sale would anyway.

These things are going to be more valuable than the units themselves before too long.
There's fairly solid reports that the 64GB cards are quite unreliable when dealing with a high amount of writes. This has really only come to a head with the latest exploit.

I really only need a card for my PSTV anyway, and with any luck they'll have a USB-based storage thing happening before too long.

Gazunta

Added myself to the AusGAF PSN community! helloooooooo

I've asked Santa for Star Wars Battlefront and No Man's Sky which I'm looking forward to, and a second controller so the wife and I can play Tricky Towers together. Beyond that I just want simple, maybe cartoony, instantly accessible fun. I really don't care about the latest graphics or ZOMGHDRREAL4K whatever.

I don't have R6 but I hear it's fun!

Added myself to the AusGAF PSN community! helloooooooo

I've asked Santa for Star Wars Battlefront and No Man's Sky which I'm looking forward to, and a second controller so the wife and I can play Tricky Towers together. Beyond that I just want simple, maybe cartoony, instantly accessible fun. I really don't care about the latest graphics or ZOMGHDRREAL4K whatever.

I don't have R6 but I hear it's fun!
Are you sure about No Man's Sky? Like really, really sure?

Some games you might want to check out trailers for (if you're not already familiar with them):

Helldivers*
Resogun*
Mercenary Kings*
Don't Starve*
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Metal Slug Anthology

Life Is Strange
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition
Grim Fandango Remastered*
Until Dawn
Infamous: Second Son
Infamous: First Light*
Ratchet and Clank
Grand Theft Auto V

* = Has been a PS+ game at one point

There's fairly solid reports that the 64GB cards are quite unreliable when dealing with a high amount of writes. This has really only come to a head with the latest exploit.

I really only need a card for my PSTV anyway, and with any luck they'll have a USB-based storage thing happening before too long.
Could it be related to the exploits?

our team at work is 3/4 Rocket League fans. They go nuts everytime there's a new update. That's kind of been supplanted by Overwatch. They go nuts everytime there's a new update.

Rocket League, I can see you playing but NMS? Gaz-friendly games that you don't already have hoarded from PS+ include: Inside, Ratchet and CLank, Just Cause 3 (the closest thing to Crackdown on the system, though Infamous First Light is a distant second and vanilla Infamous SS is just merely ok). You might enjoy Arkham Knight as a comics fan but it's not a relaxing thing to play.

apart from the ones I've mentioned, you probably have enough Gaz fodder from PS+ to last you a while. Until Lego City Undercover comes to new consoles early next year.

Fredescu

But it's just so vibrant and active that to prevent that spilling over into here is just impossible to enforce, as hard as we do try.

Just you wait. I'm going to tell the AusGAF PSN Community Creator about your attitude. I can't wait to see that discussion between you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom