• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's fairly solid reports that the 64GB cards are quite unreliable when dealing with a high amount of writes. This has really only come to a head with the latest exploit.

I really only need a card for my PSTV anyway, and with any luck they'll have a USB-based storage thing happening before too long.
I'm not going to bother hacking my Vita. I bought it to play games off the PSN store. What sort of reports are you hearing?

Apart from saves, I plan to keep everything I download.
Could it be related to the exploits?
Well I certainly hope so. I spent a lot of money on mine.

do ether of you have R6 ? :)

I do!

Funnily enough I do, and I've played it once since I bought it at launch. I played the hell out of the Alpha and Beta...I keep meaning to give it a proper crack but can never find the time.

Play it!

I don't have R6 but I hear it's fun!

It is!

For reals though R6 is so much fun, would be great to play with some Gaf brethren at some point (in all likelihood I probably have plenty of times unknowingly).

Also the one time there's a huge blowout on game prices back home I'm overseas, and EB decided to tell me two weeks after I ordered it, that my Mirrors Edge Catalyst Collectors Edition that I ordered was no longer in stock. Two Weeks after I ordered it. And they didn't refund me my $25 postage. How is that okay?

I do!

Play it!

It is!

For reals though R6 is so much fun, would be great to play with some Gaf brethren at some point (in all likelihood I probably have plenty of times unknowingly).

Also the one time there's a huge blowout on game prices back home I'm overseas, and EB decided to tell me two weeks after I ordered it, that my Mirrors Edge Catalyst Collectors Edition that I ordered was no longer in stock. Two Weeks after I ordered it. And they didn't refund me my $25 postage. How is that okay?
EB are the absolute worst

jambo

That sounds illegal? =\

Shaneus

Could it be related to the exploits?
Nah, because 32GB cards are fine. I'm guessing but I think the problem was perhaps known about the 64GB cards, but I've only just become aware of it now.

New 32GB suckers are still $100 :/

Edit: I think it might just be a batch, and it might just be with people who frequently install/remove stuff from their cards. If you don't do that, you should be fine. Also, maybe there'll be some tempting BF sales where I can grab either a 32 or 64 for not exorbitant prices.

TwiztidElf

For those of you heading to Target tomorrow, I'd suggest getting in early.
I just went and checked out Target Brisbane City.
They have a stack of No Mans Sky, Dishonoured2 and Uncharted 4.

There were bugger all of some titles though. One or two copies if that. Only ONE PS4 copy of Skyrim (no XB).

There were bugger all of some titles though. One or two copies if that. Only ONE PS4 copy of Skyrim (no XB).

Thanks for the heads up. I'm tossing up whether to try Target or Big W tomorrow morning. All I really want is Titanfall 2 and maybe Doom. I'll check out Brisbane city stores this afternoon to see what they have.

I can also imagine some people have played hide the game case as well.

radaxian

I don't think they've announced anything yet but apparently JB Hifi will be having a sale too, you might be able to price match their too.

All the games in my local Target are always gutted and on the shelf, they had 10-20 copies of most of them today. I "reserved" the 3 games I'm after today by hiding the empty cases behind a few copies of 360 Lego Dimensions starter packs on a nearby shelf. The other trick I've heard people talking about is putting the games on laybuy and then cancelling tomorrow and buying them at the new price.

Recreat3

Thanks for the heads up. I'm tossing up whether to try Target or Big W tomorrow morning. All I really want is Titanfall 2 and maybe Doom. I'll check out Brisbane city stores this afternoon to see what they have.

Im in the same boat, target is like 30 mins away from me whereas big w is only 5. Ill go to big w first although my local one usually has an average collection of games. Ill report back in the morning how i go.

Does anyone know what time the target sales go online?

I can also imagine some people have played hide the game case as well.

I don't think they've announced anything yet but apparently JB Hifi will be having a sale too, you might be able to price match their too.

All the games in my local Target are always gutted and on the shelf, they had 10-20 copies of most of them today. I "reserved" the 3 games I'm after today by hiding the empty cases behind a few copies of 360 Lego Dimensions starter packs on a nearby shelf. The other trick I've heard people talking about is putting the games on laybuy and then cancelling tomorrow and buying them at the new price.

I knew it!

Cerity

Any recs for PS4 games to play with a 10 yo kid? I'll be picking up a PS4 tomorrow and aside from being my exclusive/jrpg machine, I'll be using it to play games with my nephew as well. Going to see if I can't grab a copy of knack, though apparently it's not in print anymore...

Rizzi

Any recs for PS4 games to play with a 10 yo kid? I'll be picking up a PS4 tomorrow and aside from being my exclusive/jrpg machine, I'll be using it to play games with my nephew as well. Going to see if I can't grab a copy of knack, though apparently it's not in print anymore...

Dragon Quest Builders!

CoD. GTA V.
Dragon Quest builders is more for the 40yr old demographic.

Paasei

Haven't shown myself here for a while now. How is everyone doing? Started working for a production company back home (Netherlands), which does have a branch in Australia. I do not give up so easily, so we'll see if I can ever head back.

Recreat3

Haven't shown myself here for a while now. How is everyone doing? Started working for a production company back home (Netherlands), which does have a branch in Australia. I do not give up so easily, so we'll see if I can ever head back.

Maybe if you ever come back you can organise a job beforehand so it makes things easier :)

That's the one, I knew there was another DQ game but I kept on hitting DQ Heroes. No split screen/co-op unfortunately.

He's actually pretty scared of CoD and the like, which is the main reason I want to start playing newer games with him.

Start him on FIFA then. Build him some proper life skills like how to talk smack to your own teammates.

Rizzi

Apparently EB is having some sort of sale too.
So expect everything to cost slightly more than all the other sales, I guess? :p

Cerity

Apparently EB is having some sort of sale too.
So expect everything to cost slightly more than all the other sales, I guess? :p

From what I know:

359 for a 500gb ps4, dishonored 2 and fallout 4. They're also price matching the other games.

Went in to Target in Hobart today, opened at 8am, was a line of about 10 or so people. I got Titanfall 2 and Deus Ex, and picked up Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Dishonored 2 for my brother. I would have got Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs and Dishonored myself but I picked them up for $50 when I got my PS4 Pro from EB. I seen dudes with stacks of 10 or so games, so stock is not likely to last very long.

Rezbit

Went in to Target at about 9, pretty dead and heaps of stock still there, picked up Deus Ex and Doom. Had a $50 gift card (thanks Mum!), so bought the two for the princely sum of three dollars.

Round up of deals here, good prices on X1S and PS4S.

Why bother with sales when the Gilmore girls is back on tonight. Best Friday in a long time.
Yeah wife is praying the kids go down to bed nicely tonight so she can dig in!

Went in to Target in Hobart today, opened at 8am, was a line of about 10 or so people. I got Titanfall 2 and Deus Ex, and picked up Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Dishonored 2 for my brother. I would have got Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs and Dishonored myself but I picked them up for $50 when I got my PS4 Pro from EB. I seen dudes with stacks of 10 or so games, so stock is not likely to last very long.

Fuck that's rude. Should be max 2 per customer.
Our Target was super chill. Everyone just grabbed one copy of whatever game they wanted, most just grabbed one game aside from one fellow who had 3 different ones. I got there a minute after they opened so I didn't get to canvas people to how they found out about the sale.

Recreat3

Got what i wanted. 2 x Titanfall 2 @ $35 each and 1 x Watch Dogs 2 @ $52 i believe. Got them from Big W and it looked like they had more stock out than usual so they must have stocked up for the sale. There was only one other guy looking at games and they still had not put the new sale tickets out, only the ones for the catalogue they released yesterday.

mulac

$35 Titanfall 2 for PS4 at Target...pretty happy with that.

I asked if any discounts on PSVR which i'm keen to grab as an early christmas present to myself - nothing in stock and they didnt know any price reductions.

JB Hi Fi was full of people looking at the cheaper Apple Laptops so nobody there to help me...anyone know if PSVR will be in the sales?

My lovely wife picked up Titanfall 2 and Doom for me from Target Chermside this morning. Apparently they had plenty of stock of most games there. I am a happy man! More games for my shame pile!

Also, my US PS+ subscription has expired. I set it up years ago because it was much cheaper for games etc than locally, but that doesn't really seem to be the case anymore. Would you guys recommend going for an AUS PS+ subscription instead?

My lovely wife picked up Titanfall 2 and Doom for me from Target Chermside this morning. Apparently they had plenty of stock of most games there. I am a happy man! More games for my shame pile!

Also, my US PS+ subscription has expired. I set it up years ago because it was much cheaper for games etc than locally, but that doesn't really seem to be the case anymore. Would you guys recommend going for an AUS PS+ subscription instead?

You lose all your PS+ games if you do that. If that isn't an issue for you I'd change to local as the game deals here tend to be better IMO.

You can get US PS+ for AUD$59 currently here or AUD$68 here which is cheaper than our local PS+ price (AUD$70, I usually wait for cheap PSN cards at 10-20% off to use to buy on PSN).

15% off PSN $$$ cards at 7/11 currently! Would make our PS+ only $60 that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom