• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You lose all your PS+ games if you do that. If that isn't an issue for you I'd change to local as the game deals here tend to be better IMO.

You can get US PS+ for AUD$59 currently here or AUD$68 here which is cheaper than our local PS+ price (AUD$70, I usually wait for cheap PSN cards at 10-20% off to use to buy on PSN).

15% off PSN $$$ cards at 7/11 currently! Would make our PS+ only $60 that way.

Yeah, I don't give too much of a damn about the PS+ offerings honestly. I can probably pick up most of the offerings for $2 on PC if I ever feel the need to play them, and I actually purchased most of the indie games I really want so I can always just switch to my other account when I want to play them.

Thanks for the links! Pretty refreshing that price of these subscriptions are cheaper than what I used to pay for XBL 5 years ago.

Fuck that's rude. Should be max 2 per customer.
Our Target was super chill. Everyone just grabbed one copy of whatever game they wanted, most just grabbed one game aside from one fellow who had 3 different ones. I got there a minute after they opened so I didn't get to canvas people to how they found out about the sale.

Oh nah lol I meant like large stacks of different games, not stacks of 10 Titanfall for example. I did see a couple guys buying 3 copies of certain games.

Rizzi

Big W near me still has loads of copies of Titanfall 2 and Uncharted for like $35 and $39.
Also apparently EB reduced their trade values for everything across the board by ~20% until their sale is over.

ramyeon

Big W near me still has loads of copies of Titanfall 2 and Uncharted for like $35 and $39.
Also apparently EB reduced their trade values for everything across the board by ~20% until their sale is over.
Whereabouts? I would've loved to get Titanfall 2 for that price but I'm not liking my chances.

Ah okay, I'm in inner Sydner so probably not much hope of finding copies around me haha. Oh well, I have a huge backlog anyway :p
Target Leichhardt had a metric fucktonne of everything except Deus Ex. I've never seen so much stock at Target, they had set up completely new display shelves just for this.

ramyeon

I could try to pick you one up and mail it. Im near newtown but down near my mums in the highlands.
Thanks for the thought! I won't trouble you with it, I actually probably should restrain myself since I just picked up Hitman on sale and FFXV is coming on Tuesday haha.
Target Leichhardt had a metric fucktonne of everything except Deus Ex. I've never seen so much stock at Target, they had set up completely new display shelves just for this.
Oh that is tempting to try though.

Nice, I'll be heading there on my way home from work for Pokeymans, hopefully they still have some of the cheap stuff.

cm1j

Neo Member
Picked up Dishonoured 2 from Melbourne CBD Target this morning. Looked like they had plenty of stock of everything except Uncharted 4.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Missus picked up Titanfall 2 from Target Helensvale, GC for me for Xmas (first time I've received a game for Xmas from a partner in all my life!). She said they had heaps too, around 20 for each platform.

I'd already picked up Deus Ex last weekend from BigW for $49 but I'm ok with that since the price of that and Titanfall combined still makes them both a good buy.

Tempted to find a cheap copy of Wolfenstein and Doom now just for a rainy day. What sort of prices am I looking at for those this weekend?

Missus picked up Titanfall 2 from Target Helensvale, GC for me for Xmas (first time I've received a game for Xmas from a partner in all my life!). She said they had heaps too, around 20 for each platform.

I'd already picked up Deus Ex last weekend from BigW for $49 but I'm ok with that since the price of that and Titanfall combined still makes them both a good buy.

Tempted to find a cheap copy of Wolfenstein and Doom now just for a rainy day. What sort of prices am I looking at for those this weekend?

You really want to hit Target for Doom. They are selling it for $18 at the moment.

Big W and JB are doing it for $30-something.

Wolf these days I wouldn't pay more than $20. Great game, but it goes on sale often enough.

bomma_man

Went in to Target in Hobart today, opened at 8am, was a line of about 10 or so people. I got Titanfall 2 and Deus Ex, and picked up Titanfall 2, Watch Dogs 2 and Dishonored 2 for my brother. I would have got Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs and Dishonored myself but I picked them up for $50 when I got my PS4 Pro from EB. I seen dudes with stacks of 10 or so games, so stock is not likely to last very long.

Dammit I wanted Titanfall. At least I got Deus Ex, and I reckon I'll grab Hitman off PSN.

Gen X

You really want to hit Target for Doom. They are selling it for $18 at the moment.

Big W and JB are doing it for $30-something.

Wolf these days I wouldn't pay more than $20. Great game, but it goes on sale often enough.

$18 for Doom is fantastic, thanks. I saw Wolfenstein in EB for $19 last weekend, thought it might've been cheaper this weekend with the Black Friday deals but that's all good.

Recreat3

Is dishonoured a good buy if im not heaps into stealthy games? Does it feel rewarding no matter what style you play? I feel like im missing out if i dont buy more games at such cheap prices

Is dishonoured a good buy if im not heaps into stealthy games? Does it feel rewarding no matter what style you play? I feel like im missing out if i dont buy more games at such cheap prices

Yeah Dishonored is heaps of fun playing "full chaos" and just tearing shit up with your powers. Definitely worth it for the price!

You just have to love the way that companies don't actually think their sales through. On the PSN Black Friday sales, Just Cause 3 is $24.95 and the XL Edition (game + season pass) is $30.95. The season pass is still sitting at $34.95. gg Square Enix. gg.

This afternoon I managed to pick up Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs Too and Deus Ex from Target, which finally gave me a reason to use a gift card I had sitting around since last Christmas. Plenty of stock, too, apart from... maybe Titan whatchamacallit. I don't remember seeing that. Springfield Lakes, Qld, just in case you ask.

Went in to Target at about 9, pretty dead and heaps of stock still there, picked up Deus Ex and Doom. Had a $50 gift card (thanks Mum!), so bought the two for the princely sum of three dollars.

Sweet as. I grabbed Doom on PC from GMG for $23. Can't wait to play it.

mulac

So after all that it was just Titanfall 2 purchased in Black Friday Sale.

I did end up grabbing PS VR as an early christmas and new-job present to myself - JB Hi Fi pickup as they are the only place in stock...screw it - bit of fun over the holiday period.

Now...best place to buy VR games?!

So after all that it was just Titanfall 2 purchased in Black Friday Sale.

I did end up grabbing PS VR as an early christmas and new-job present to myself - JB Hi Fi pickup as they are the only place in stock...screw it - bit of fun over the holiday period.

Now...best place to buy VR games?!
Target have most discounted. Otherwise I'll dig up another deal at Base.com

Only up to the first few minutes of Summer but mostly enjoying the reunion. It kinda feels a little like a Gilmore Girls version of MASH's Goodbye Farewell and Amen.

I Popped down to London to see The London Symphony Orchestra play the music of John Williams while a video interview with the man himself gave commentary in between each piece. Totally brilliant.

MoonGred

Does anyone on Ausgaf happen to have a move controller that they're no longer using and looking to sell? Somehow I only have one and it's a bit of a pain for PSVR.

Trying to avoid spending $110 for 2 at EB

HowZatOZ

Banned
How low do we reckon the PS4 will go tomorrow? I need to pick one up for FFXV, Last Guardian and World of Final Fantasy but I'm wondering if it'll be lower come boxing day.

looking at picking up FFXV, why are there like 5 different copies across all retailers?

Very minor differences. All day one copies have the Masamune DLC, one retailer has some other wank DLC, JB has a steelbook, EB has the retro game. Just grab what is cheapest (JB $69 day one).

Rizzi

I don't even know if I want to play Final Fantasy XV. My backlog is pretty flush with things I want to play already.
And I secretly think FF XV is going to be bad maybe

Managed to grab TF2 from Target's app, keen to play it when I return. London is amazing you guys; all the museums and even just the buildings that house them are breathtaking and have no compare in Australia. While they are free admission, I feel like the underground more than compensates for that luxury. I think I've spent over $100AUD getting around in the last 5 days, and that's just been the tube and buses!

Recreat3

Managed to grab TF2 from Target's app, keen to play it when I return. London is amazing you guys; all the museums and even just the buildings that house them are breathtaking and have no compare in Australia. While they are free admission, I feel like the underground more than compensates for that luxury. I think I've spent over $100AUD getting around in the last 5 days, and that's just been the tube and buses!

The tube is good but its so damn hot down there haha. Not good for a big sweater like me.

If you really want the authentic London experience catch a tube during rush hour.

Gen X

Which Wolfenstein? Both have been around $20 previously.

It was The New Order. Decided to get Doom instead from Target for $18 as I can't see it being that cheap again for a while. Runaway Bay Target had sold out of Titanfall 2 but still had heaps of other games. Kooks like this sale will give TF2 the community boost that it needs which is great.

looking at picking up FFXV, why are there like 5 different copies across all retailers?
This is driving me crazy. I want to get this one... Amano steelbook
PS4-DELUXE-EN.png
but I don't know where to find it or why it's not available.

ramyeon

This is driving me crazy. I want to get this one... Amano steelbook
but I don't know where to find it or why it's not available.
I'm pretty sure this was sold out at most places from a month or two ago.

I preordered mine back when the version was first announced. The closest you'll get is the steelbook edition at JB, although it's not the Amano art. Doesn't have the outfit DLC or Kingsglaive either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom