• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radaxian

If you give up and just want the game itself grab the regular edition for $69 at JBHifi. Recently when they've had very competitive prices for pre-order/release day it has gone up by $10 on day 2 so I'd recommend either pre-order today or make sure you grab it tomorrow.

food for throught cheapest price atm is 62 thro ozgame with 4k in points on it ? it was like 55 on there a few days ago , if you find a few games that you want youl probbly be able to net 20 bucks off your next buy with them and on the 7th of decamber any points you saved up are ment to be worth double or somthing ....

ends tonight

If you give up and just want the game itself grab the regular edition for $69 at JBHifi. Recently when they've had very competitive prices for pre-order/release day it has gone up by $10 on day 2 so I'd recommend either pre-order today or make sure you grab it tomorrow.

food for throught cheapest price atm is 62 thro ozgame with 4k in points on it ? it was like 55 on there a few days ago , if you find a few games that you want youl probbly be able to net 20 bucks off your next buy with them and on the 7th of decamber any points you saved up are ment to be worth double or somthing ....

ends tonight
Yep JB is day one only price then back up to $79, cheapest is at Base.com. My bargain guide has all the prices.

Grassy

I pre-ordered FFXV from JB Hifi yesterday and it shipped this morning. I had a gift card with enough for FFXV and The Last Guardian, so I'm hoping for the best...

Feeling the slight urge to pick up FFXV but I can't say I particularly care for the franchise anymore. Almost like a FIFA that comes out every half dozen years

Rlan

Completely out of the blue but would anyone here be crazy enough to own US versions of Comix Zone or Vectorman 1 / 2 here?

Want to extract the artwork from their manuals, but ebay's bullshit $30 shipping from the US for a game is a nightmare in itself.

I've been reading waaaay too much online discussion about the revival, don't make the same mistake!

Oh I think I might just confine myself to the spoiler thread on OT, but even that is full of the four seasons of
joy, regret, shade and projection

My bird is telling me that eb will be price matching jb's day one prices as their standard ed is the kings tale ed.

That'd be awesome. I have a $30 EB gift card, from my previous (and hopefully last) trade in.

I'm broke as shit, so having to fork out that extra 30 at JB would suck...but I'll get it either way.

Triteon

I don't understand why everyone loves Final Fantasy.

My last Final Fantasy was X and I honestly cant tell you why I want to grab this one. I dont think its because this one is going to be awesome.

I think its more that I am in the mood for a AAA JRPG.

If Persona 5 had come out this year my itch may have been scratched but as it is I'll be waiting until April for that now.

Triteon

My bird is telling me that eb will be price matching jb's day one prices as their standard ed is the kings tale ed.

How does price matching work exactly? I've never done it before because I've just bought games where they are the cheapest.

Do you just go in and say "company X has this for Y price match it" or do you need to advertisement or something?

How does price matching work exactly? I've never done it before because I've just bought games where they are the cheapest.

Do you just go in and say "company X has this for Y price match it" or do you need to advertisement or something?

Just tell them the price and they may either look it up online or call the store direct to make sure they have stock.

EB games Southland wouldnt price match JB for the base copy of FFXV, due to their exclusive dlc. Trying to extort another $30 out of people, due to different wording on their base editions. What a cunt company.

Edit: Written angrily from my car. Yeah, looks like they're using the discrepancy of "Kings Tale Edition Vs. JB's Day One Edition" despite the fact that the only difference is their shitty exclusive DLC. Once I've gotten rid of my gift card, I'll never buy from EB again, ever.

EB games Southland wouldnt price match JB for the base copy of FFXV, due to their exclusive dlc. Trying to extort another $30 out of people, due to different wording on their base editions. What a cunt company.

Edit: Written angrily from my car. Yeah, looks like they're using the discrepancy of "Kings Tale Edition Vs. JB's Day One Edition" despite the fact that the only difference is their shitty exclusive DLC. Once I've gotten rid of my gift card, I'll never buy from EB again, ever.

That's EB for you.

Rizzi

oUBJEZI.jpg

Show them this, might change their tune?

Grassy

EB are fucking shite.

On another note, my copy of FFXV which shipped from JB Hifi yesterday morning was just delivered. Which is super-fast considering I'm in regional NSW(near Byron Bay), and it was only $3.50 for shipping.

Now to spend 10 hours downloading the day one patch on PSN with my currently broken internet connection that's running at half the normal speed, yay Telstra.

ramyeon

EB are fucking shite.

On another note, my copy of FFXV which shipped from JB Hifi yesterday morning was just delivered. Which is super-fast considering I'm in regional NSW(near Byron Bay), and it was only $3.50 for shipping.

Now to spend 10 hours downloading the day one patch on PSN with my currently broken internet connection that's running at half the normal speed, yay Telstra.
JB send most of their regular size games (Not bulky limited editions) by Toll Priority if you order by a certain cut off date. Pretty much guarantees release day delivery.

Only retailer I will preorder online with shipping. EB I won't do unless I can pick up in store since they almost never make release day delivery in my experience.

legend166

Looking at a possible house.

Cable length of 4.5km, predicted speed of 1.5Mbps. NBN is two suburbs away and not on the build map yet.

I'm gonna have to go back to DVDs for awhile.

Grassy

JB send most of their regular size games (Not bulky limited editions) by Toll Priority if you order by a certain cut off date. Pretty much guarantees release day delivery.

Only retailer I will preorder online with shipping. EB I won't do unless I can pick up in store since they almost never make release day delivery in my experience.

Yeah I only ordered on Sunday, and I assumed for that price they would send it regular Aus Post so I wouldn't get it until Thursday/Friday at the earliest. Great service.

Looking at a possible house.

Cable length of 4.5km, predicted speed of 1.5Mbps. NBN is two suburbs away and not on the build map yet.

I'm gonna have to go back to DVDs for awhile.

<1.5km or no deal.

In Sydney?

I bought the steelbook from JB and I'll look for a second hand Amano steelbook next year. I bought my PS4 to work today so I could update it all day at work ready for home time.

legend166

Yeah I only ordered on Sunday, and I assumed for that price they would send it regular Aus Post so I wouldn't get it until Thursday/Friday at the earliest. Great service.

<1.5km or no deal.

In Sydney?

Blue Mountains.

I can't turn a house down because of dud internet. Too hard to get into the market to worry about that. It'll just be a big annoyance.

I've got two 20GB/month sim cards through work, so let's hope there's 4G coverage!

Cerity

Unlucky, sad they don't have a company wide policy on these things. Picked mine up at lunchtime Price matched.

Blue Mountains.

I can't turn a house down because of dud internet. Too hard to get into the market to worry about that. It'll just be a big annoyance.

I've got two 20GB/month sim cards through work, so let's hope there's 4G coverage!

Is the house stupidly cheap or something?

Grassy

Got a JB print out for some pre order content for FFXV and it says to go to some website that doesn't work. Any idea what it is?

It's the "Mage Mashers" DLC which is a weapon and a camera kit. It says on their website it only comes with the Steelbook Special Edition, but I got the Day One edition and still got the email with the code

Compared to the rest of Australia? Nah. For Sydney? Yeah.

There's very little available these days for <$550k. ANd this is already 70km out of the city.

Let me rephrase, stupidly cheap for the area? As where I am the internet can either be cable, adsl 1/2 or nbn and that's less then a 10 minute drive between all options. But I assume you've already looked in surrounding suburbs.

Sydney prices are absurd.

Titanfall 2 didn't, and neither did Dragon Quest Builders!
Those are the only two I can think of that didn't have large patches on day one in recent memory though. :(

I was pretty surprised Titanfall was only a few hundred meg I think, and I'm a Pro user.

Doom on the other hand downloaded a 20 gig update. 20 fucking gigs!

Yeah JB are great in terms of postage. Always impressed.

Titanfall 2 didn't, and neither did Dragon Quest Builders!
Those are the only two I can think of that didn't have large patches on day one in recent memory though. :(

Most don't these days, back at start of gen it was horrible.
Watch Dogs 2 was only 200MB or so.
Dishonored 2 was horrid, 9GB! Glad that was an outlier for me :/

Although on PS4 you can just let it download while you play the game, none of this forcing a patch shit.

mulac

Missed out on Move Controllers for my new PSVR at the local JB - and cant order them online anywhere (the $119 ones) - anyone know where to grab them?

I noticed that the first GOTY list came out, and it made me realise that my favourite game this year was actually DLC (The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine), and by a considerable margin too. Never thought I'd utter those words in a million years.

Recreat3

My work leave for over christmas got knocked back. Kinda bummed out as i would have had 10 or 11 days off with only using 3 days..now i have to go in to work on the 28th-30th. So pointless but i cant complain, i still have a job haha.

jambo

My work leave for over christmas got knocked back. Kinda bummed out as i would have had 10 or 11 days off with only using 3 days..now i have to go in to work on the 28th-30th. So pointless but i cant complain, i still have a job haha.

Our office is closing for a week and half, which means we come back and do Thursday Friday, which seems super dumb.

I took those days off to get the full fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom