• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I've a huge backlog and games like Siege and BF1 already take a significant chunk out of my available game time. Don't know how I'll ever be able to truly get stuck into my backlog once I go back to work.

Recreat3

Our office is closing for a week and half, which means we come back and do Thursday Friday, which seems super dumb.

I took those days off to get the full fortnight.

Lucky. We were meant to be closing for 2 weeks because we had no work, went through redundancies and now we are flat out. Kinda sucks.

My work leave for over christmas got knocked back. Kinda bummed out as i would have had 10 or 11 days off with only using 3 days..now i have to go in to work on the 28th-30th. So pointless but i cant complain, i still have a job haha.

That blows.

Man I've a huge backlog and games like Siege and BF1 already take a significant chunk out of my available game time. Don't know how I'll ever be able to truly get stuck into my backlog once I go back to work.

Same, I was tempted to pick up overwatch when it was $35usd last week but then I thought when would I play it.

jambo

Lucky. We were meant to be closing for 2 weeks because we had no work, went through redundancies and now we are flat out. Kinda sucks.

Dang.

My wife will only get the federal public holidays over the break, so working most days.

They said a few months ago they were bringing in some temp people to help share the load and then she found out they're all being put on the arvo shift, while she works 7am-12...

What are my options if I want to buy some nice sunnies?

Like if I look at sunglass hut online some Ray Bans are $200+, should I expect sales around Christmas or is that just what I need to pay for a good pair?

Recreat3

Like if I look at sunglass hut online some Ray Bans are $200+, should I expect sales around Christmas or is that just what I need to pay for a good pair?

You just missed out on 30% off ray bans. I picked a $260 up for $180 odd and im really happy with them. Im "signed up" to their newsletter now so if i get any deals through my email ill let you know.

Shaneus

I noticed that the first GOTY list came out, and it made me realise that my favourite game this year was actually DLC (The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine), and by a considerable margin too. Never thought I'd utter those words in a million years.
I can barely think of 10 games I even played this year. In no order, games I enjoyed this year:
No Man's Sky
Lumines iOS
Rez Infinite
Doom
F1 2016
Carmageddon
Automobilista

That's about it. At least, all I can think of that I put time into and actually remembered.

Quasar

I can barely think of 10 games I even played this year. In no order, games I enjoyed this year:
No Man's Sky
Lumines iOS
Rez Infinite
Doom
F1 2016
Carmageddon
Automobilista

That's about it. At least, all I can think of that I put time into and actually remembered.

I liked Firewatch. Was that this year?

I also liked Civ 6 and am liking Tyranny so far.

jambo

My list from GB GAB

01. DOOM
02. Inside
03. The Witness
04. Forza Horizon 3
05. House of the Dying Sun
06. Firewatch
07. Hitman
08. TrackMania Turbo
09. Thumper
10. Devil Daggers

NMS might make it on next year if the patches keep rolling in.

Shaneus

I liked Firewatch. Was that this year?

I also liked Civ 6 and am liking Tyranny so far.
I meant to buy Firewatch, but figured I wasn't gaming enough this year to justify it. Pretty sure it came out in Feb? Probably will buy eventually, just like The Witness.

My list right now:

1. Pokemon Sun
2. Dark Souls III
3. Dragon Quest Builders
4. Tokyo Mirage Sessions
5. Pokemon Go
6. Dragon Quest VII
7. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
8. Ratchet & Clank
9. Rhythm Paradise Megamix
10. Fire Emblem Fates

I expect Steins;Gate 0, Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian to drop the last three off the list though.

The only game I've played this year that released this year is Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition. And that's a re-release.

Edit: Oh wait, did Reigns come out this year? Maybe that too. And I loaded up Deus Ex Go but haven't played it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAeHuDcy_bY

Z7HeRxU.png

Inside is 4 hours long. but its 4 amazing hours.
Hey, that's four hours I could spend downloading a day one patch!

In all seriousness though, I rarely buy indie games because inevitably the ones I do buy get released on PS+ anyway. The only exception I've made recently was for SOMA, so expect that to be a PS+ game in Dec or Jan :)

Jintor

hey should i bother even thumbing through a driver handbook if i want to do the full licence test? this thing where they could destroy me for even using my phone's speakers while i drive has me nervous and i should probably go to fulls anyway since i'm 25 and whatnot

hey should i bother even thumbing through a driver handbook if i want to do the full licence test? this thing where they could destroy me for even using my phone's speakers while i drive has me nervous and i should probably go to fulls anyway since i'm 25 and whatnot

yes

KrisB

Doom
Battlefield 1
Forza Horizon 3

Would be my 3 for the year. Been really busy so haven't got a lot of gaming in.
Picked up FFXV yesterday so hoping to enjoy that and finish it in time for when Persona 5 lands.

Deeku

yeah you need to. find some practice questions too cos, unless it's changed, i remember the test being real finicky about when you touch the screen n stuff.

jambo

I think I need to buy another SSD, I keep running out of space on my 500 GB drive.

When I got my new card I downloaded DOOM, Witcher 3 and GTA V, which was 200 GB...

Hitman is another 60 GB...

Okay guys what the fuck. So we just decided to order some delivered pizza for dinner here in outer London where we're staying, and all the big chains (Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's etc) all cost an UNGODLY amount for their likely average tasting pizzas.

Domino's and their competitors (co-conspirators) wanted £18.50 for a regular pizza.

£18.50. $31AUD+. Absolutely SPEECHLESS. How much would this cost back home? $5AUD? Before you use a 40% coupon of course.

Okay guys what the fuck. So we just decided to order some delivered pizza for dinner here in outer London where we're staying, and all the big chains (Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's etc) all cost an UNGODLY amount for their likely average tasting pizzas.

Domino's and their competitors (co-conspirators) wanted £18.50 for a regular pizza.

£18.50. $31AUD+. Absolutely SPEECHLESS. How much would this cost back home? $5AUD? Before you use a 40% coupon of course.

yup. very expensive shitty Pizza in the UK. At least try Pizza Express (usually eat in) or get one of the bike delivery courier places like Eat or deliveroo to get you something good from a non chain. So much good food if you stay away from the chains.

KrisB

Food in general is insane there. I remember my auntie saying even just a big Mac was like dining in at a restaurant for a full meal here.

Recreat3

In my experience food was ao expensive. £20 pounds i paid for a burger (no fries) and one beer at some burger joint. Cant recall the name..but yeh that equates to around $33 where i could easily get the same for around $20 in sydney, probably less.

I am doing work for the dole. The place I was doing it at in the past, and continue to volunteer at, disappeared from the books of the job agency as a place they can send people. The job agency refused to add it back as a location and at times denied that it was ever on their list. So I was sent somewhere else. The old place has been trying to get added back.

The old place is relevant to my education and experience. The new place is not. It's a fine place but it's really not helping me.

Today, four months on, the job agency saw on my record that it was a valid workplace that was on their list and that they had sent me there. SOMETHING I TOLD THEM MANY TIMES FROM THE START! And they had a talk with their manager...and came back and said that it's too late to change now with just two months left. Considering I was telling them this from the start, it sucks that when they figured out I was telling the truth that they call it "too late".

I rang back afterwards, not trying to get it changed, but to make a complaint that they hadn't been listening to me for this time or assumed I was lying and only figure out what I was saying when they call it 'too late' to change. They said the manager will call me back at some time, "maybe not this week".

It feels now like they just wasted 650 hours of my life by failing to listen to me or believe me.

I am doing work for the dole. The place I was doing it at in the past, and continue to volunteer at, disappeared from the books of the job agency as a place they can send people. The job agency refused to add it back as a location and at times denied that it was ever on their list. So I was sent somewhere else. The old place has been trying to get added back.

The old place is relevant to my education and experience. The new place is not. It's a fine place but it's really not helping me.

Today, four months on, the job agency saw on my record that it was a valid workplace that was on their list and that they had sent me there. SOMETHING I TOLD THEM MANY TIMES FROM THE START! And they had a talk with their manager...and came back and said that it's too late to change now with just two months left. Considering I was telling them this from the start, it sucks that when they figured out I was telling the truth that they call it "too late".

I rang back afterwards, not trying to get it changed, but to make a complaint that they hadn't been listening to me for this time or assumed I was lying and only figure out what I was saying when they call it 'too late' to change. They said the manager will call me back at some time, "maybe not this week".

It feels now like they just wasted 650 hours of my life by failing to listen to me or believe me.

Yeah. My girlfriend could fill a book up with how much they've fucked her and her family around. Striking her payments for not showing up to an appointment when she was sitting in the lobby waiting to be seen is one, and has happened way more than once.

Recreat3

Sounds like a real crappy time. I had to deal with centrelink briefly when i finished school for about 6 months befote i found an apprenticeship. It was painful and they got me maybe 2 days work the whole time. When i finally found a full time job they kept contacting me asking me why i wasnt showing up to appointments etc even though i clearly told them i was working and i wanted to cancel my payments etc. A lot less frustrating than your situation though.

Rizzi

Welcome to the Jobactive experience, where your welfare is farmed off to a private corporation and there is little to no repercussion's for their actions.

Quasar

Wow.

So I live in the inner suburbs of Newcastle. My neighbour has (or rather had) a chook pen in the bottom of his yard.

Sometime this afternoon it seems a fox broke in and slaughtered the lot of em and ran off with one of the corpses to feast.

A fox. Or at least thats what he suspects. I've never seen a fox in my life. Am kind of stunned that this could even happen in inner Newcastle. I figured if anything it might be a feral cat.

Still kind of stunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom