• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

Wow.

So I live in the inner suburbs of Newcastle. My neighbour has (or rather had) a chook pen in the bottom of his yard.

Sometime this afternoon it seems a fox broke in and slaughtered the lot of em and ran off with one of the corpses to feast.

A fox. Or at least thats what he suspects. I've never seen a fox in my life. Am kind of stunned that this could even happen in inner Newcastle. I figured if anything it might be a feral cat.

Still kind of stunned.

Or a corgi. My corgi looks suspiciously like a fox.

I had no idea Australia even had foxes, for some reason i associate them with a somewhat cooler climate.

jambo

I used to see foxes every now and then when stumbling home through the Adelaide parklands in 08/09.

Father-in-law also has to deal with them every now and then on the farm.

Last spring I saw an adolescent fox drinking out of my neighbours bird path. He had his paws on the edge and could only barely reach. It was pretty cute in an imported small furry animal death machine way.

I see that as the first of their "12 Deals Of Christmas" sale (a new deal every 48 hours), the Aussie PSN has Rise of the Tomb Raider for $39.95, which is $10 cheaper than what Target were flogging it for last week The price lasts until 4/12/16 at 01:00.

mulac

Kicked a ball yesterday.

My entire right knee "spasmed" (best way i can put it) - basically felt like the kneecap completely shifted in place.

I've had problems in the past with this one from my running days and just started jogging again after about 1year off.

Now i'm all covered in Tiger Balm and got my good old knee brace on to support.

Sure its just sprained as I can walk and bend the leg but goddamn bad timing with summer/fitness stuff.

Rezbit

Yeah foxes are pretty brazen. Saw one in the western suburbs of Melbourne, walked straight past me about a metre away, then went and rummaged through some trash.

Stackboy

Hoping for a few cool announcements this weekend with The Game Awards and The Playstation Experience. Maybe those Marvel vs Capcom 4 rumours will be confirmed.

Fredescu

Yeah foxes are pretty brazen. Saw one in the western suburbs of Melbourne, walked straight past me about a metre away, then went and rummaged through some trash.

I think that's pretty unusual isn't it? Was that at night? Foxes can be pretty damn hard to spot. The experience of not knowing foxes were even around until they kill your poultry is pretty common. I drive through the country a fair bit and you see all sorts of wildlife on the road, but foxes tend to be something you sort of see out of the corner of your eye as they dart off out of sight. Or as roadkill.

Rezbit

I think that's pretty unusual isn't it? Was that at night? Foxes can be pretty damn hard to spot. The experience of not knowing foxes were even around until they kill your poultry is pretty common. I drive through the country a fair bit and you see all sorts of wildlife on the road, but foxes tend to be something you sort of see out of the corner of your eye as they dart off out of sight. Or as roadkill.

Yeah this was at about 10pm. There was some parkland nearby too. I guess suburban foxes could be a little bit more careless too.

jambo

Each time I encountered a fox in the parklands, it was around midnight and they would just be wandering around. Sometimes they would react to you, but often they would just ignore you.

senahorse

Where I grew up in Brisbane (the bottom of mount nebo) we used to see foxes, wallabies (our cat even had a face off with one) and koalas pretty regularly (especially wallabies) edit: (also a lot of brown, tiger and red belly snakes), I don't see anywhere near that amount of wildlife anymore except when we go on motorbike rides (wallabies still plentiful).

Two neighbours have chicken coops and we see foxes in our drive way on the regular if we come home late. They just sniff around trying to find a way in. No issue with them being around, foxes gotta eat too :)

Cerity

Haven't seen a fox in years even though I live in a pretty... rural area.

Used to see them a lot more 10 years ago, though I did live in an area where most people kept chickens and only a few kept dogs.

Anyone know if Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition has found its way to an aussie retailer yet? Don't care if it is EB or JB but i would like to ensure i get an order in on a physical copy as i have the rest all physical.

OCD will be triggered if this will be the first Mass Effect i don't get physical

Anyone know if Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition has found its way to an aussie retailer yet? Don't care if it is EB or JB but i would like to ensure i get an order in on a physical copy as i have the rest all physical.

OCD will be triggered if this will be the first Mass Effect i don't get physical

I expect EB would do an email about it but I'll let you know if I see it.

Gazunta

I'm currently sitting in stackboy's house and he mentioned that I haven't posted in AusGAF for a while so HI EVERYONE I LOVE YOU ALL

PS4 Pro is very pretty and the games are nice and I like Street Fighter V ok byeeeee

KrisB

Only standard editions listed on EB and JB at the moment. Must be something coming fairly shortly you'd think.

Cerity

Dudes in brisbane, I've just finished up a pretty thorough clean of my car so expect rain within the next 24 hours.

Quasar

Got my Google Home earlier this morning. Was pretty surprised that it got here several days before the DHL estimate and that I got in on a Sunday morning. Less than 4 days including processing by my remailer.

As for the Google Home, only had time to plug it and and setup, but it seems to work great. Controls fine with my non US accent and about the only noticeable thing in terms of regionality is that the audio news feature it limited to US sources. Though it does have some BBC stuff so I'm not forced to stick with US-centric news.

Sounds pretty good for a small speaker the size of a small vase.

Looking forward to trying it out more.

Cerity

20 odd hours in and FFXV just has me appreciating TW3 even more. Combat is a huge mess, I find myself just staring at the screen for a few seconds sometimes because I have NFI as to what is going on. Camera is swinging everywhere, enemies are jumping on/off the screen, I'm pulling myself into links etc. I've finished up the last couple boss fights with no clue as to what happened.

Feels like I'm playing an entirely different game to those people who are actually enjoying it.

Rizzi

20 odd hours in and FFXV just has me appreciating TW3 even more. Combat is a huge mess, I find myself just staring at the screen for a few seconds sometimes because I have NFI as to what is going on. Camera is swinging everywhere, enemies are jumping on/off the screen, I'm pulling myself into links etc. I've finished up the last couple boss fights with no clue as to what happened.

Feels like I'm playing an entirely different game to those people who are actually enjoying it.

Likewise. It's feels terrible for a third person action game, and terrible for an rpg. It does neither of the things it's trying to do well at all.

Without have any inclination to play a FF game.

Maybe its a bit like other franchises were you loved them so much in the past that you convince yourself the latest and greatest is actually not terrible. People loved FFVII so much back in the day they just ignore the latest bullshit releases. Like CoD, Sonic, FIFA, Madden, Marios, Zeldas, Gran Turismos, Halos, Splinter Cells, GTA IV, etc

"well, I wanted it so bad, it has to be good. I've waited so long, it has to be good... So I give Duke Nukem Forever 9/10"

ramyeon

Likewise. It's feels terrible for a third person action game, and terrible for an rpg. It does neither of the things it's trying to do well at all.
I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Much prefer the combat in this to the Witcher 3. I feel like I suffered through W3's mediocre combat and control system because of the story but it was so clunky.

Deeku

I'm really liking FFXV and the battle system seems alright! I'm only 5 hours in so hoping it opens up a bit more in terms of strategy n stuff. So far it's not that hard to just dodge and hold circle a bunch

Tho I wish there was like a lock on toggle rather than just hold r1 to lock on. Also the button mapping feels kind of weird to me - gonna look into the other control options tonight

ramyeon

I'm really liking FFXV and the battle system seems alright! I'm only 5 hours in so hoping it opens up a bit more in terms of strategy n stuff. So far it's not that hard to just dodge and hold circle a bunch

Tho I wish there was like a lock on toggle rather than just hold r1 to lock on. Also the button mapping feels kind of weird to me - gonna look into the other control options tonight
You can press R3 while holding R1 to toggle lock on. Although I prefer not to unless there's only one enemy.

Cerity

Hold r1 and then it's either r3 or l3 to toggle it.

I find it doesn't help much with all the flicking around you do/the camera does though. Loses focus a lot and you might as well just keep holding r1 anyway.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Wtf is up with my PSN downloads on Optus? 55hrs for a 22gb download. That's less than 500mb per hour! This is bullshit!

Frustrating... The EB Games edition is NOT the deluxe edition of the game and does not come with the extra digital content...

Still the RC Nomad looks EPIC

I expect they are still working out deals/contract for that kind of stuff, JB might even end up with the DE. Whoever gets it will be exclusive I bet.

Deeku

You can press R3 while holding R1 to toggle lock on. Although I prefer not to unless there's only one enemy.

Hold r1 and then it's either r3 or l3 to toggle it.

I find it doesn't help much with all the flicking around you do/the camera does though. Loses focus a lot and you might as well just keep holding r1 anyway.
Ohhhh cool thanks. They should really make that a menu option tho!

Jintor

Hey quick question

Anyone know of an app or applike thing that fits this weirdo description

It's like stickinotes, but every time you tap a sticky note it pushes it to the top of the queue or something, so you can see the things you've tapped most recently and stuff that doesn't get referred to gets pushed down

I'm doing a lot of filenoting etc these days and something like this could be useful

Quasar

So I have a long history of growing some of my own fruit and vege from childhood on up (I guess it comes from farmer grandparents or something).

Anyway this past spring I tried growing my own zucchini for the first time. Started getting stuff to pick in the last week. Totally surprised by how big they are compared to retail produce. Picked a giant today that's longer than my forearm and like 700 grams on its own.

Hopefully it doesn't taste bad due to size/age.

Stackboy

I'm currently sitting in stackboy's house and he mentioned that I haven't posted in AusGAF for a while so HI EVERYONE I LOVE YOU ALL

PS4 Pro is very pretty and the games are nice and I like Street Fighter V ok byeeeee

We will have to get more Jackbox in soon man, was really fun!

So I have a long history of growing some of my own fruit and vege from childhood on up (I guess it comes from farmer grandparents or something).

Anyway this past spring I tried growing my own zucchini for the first time. Started getting stuff to pick in the last week. Totally surprised by how big they are compared to retail produce. Picked a giant today that's longer than my forearm and like 700 grams on its own.

Hopefully it doesn't taste bad due to size/age.
Don't forget to ask all of your neighbours if they'd like to see your giant zucchini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom