• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusebox

Banned
So Netflix is back cracking down hard on proxies, so now I cant access Netflix JP again :(

Yeah mine is so badly jacked now I couldn't get Australian Netflix to load even after I had set my region to 'off' in the Getflix settings, I still kept getting the proxy error until I set public DNS addresses. Which, of course, stopped my Hulu+ from working.

Not according to their most recent blog, unless you use a browser. I'm really thinking like others getflix are about to throw up their hands and submit.

https://www.getflix.com.au/netflix-update

They have this listed at the bottom so something is happening moving forward

Clearly unblocking Netflix and becomming blocked a few days later is not a long term solution. We are working on a totally new approach and will have more to say about this soon.

I'm super lucky it seems to work fine for me atm with my tablet, doesn't work on my phone though. Must be something hardware related to make it seem like a PC to Netflix.

Jintor

Some guy with a knife just got shot by police in Hornsby, my local mall :T

thankfully mum didn't go shopping today...

Some guy with a knife just got shot by police in Hornsby, my local mall :T

thankfully mum didn't go shopping today...

Shitballs, at least they got the nutter and they're not running around still. Plus ya mum is safe :)

Also I've been pretty great these last two weeks health wise, dropped another 2.1kgs, so go to reward myself with a coke and a jam donut. Only the jam donut had sprinkles and not hundreds and thousands :(

dity

I'm using Unblock-Us and it's still working for my Hulu thankfully. Although I've rarely used it recently so I wonder if I should just can the subscriptions.

a couple of a years ago, I took out a sub to Photoshop (US-store). I tried to cancel it earlier this year but was told I couldn't by their CS cancel until december without paying the same amount as an exit fee.

Now, after getting a new CC, they're not getting their money and i'm getting the warning emails where they say "Pay up or your sub will be cancelled."

So, is there any reason why I shouldn't just let them swing? It'll be a blot on my US credit score but I'm not going back there again. I'll be happy using Pixelmator for $30.

Rizzi

a couple of a years ago, I took out a sub to Photoshop (US-store). I tried to cancel it earlier this year but was told I couldn't by their CS cancel until december without paying the same amount as an exit fee.

Now, after getting a new CC, they're not getting their money and i'm getting the warning emails where they say "Pay up or your sub will be cancelled."

So, is there any reason why I shouldn't just let them swing? It'll be a blot on my US credit score but I'm not going back there again. I'll be happy using Pixelmator for $30.

Fuck 'em. That's super shitty of them.

Quasar

We went from Netflix + Hulu + GetFlix to Netflix Au + Stan and it covers most of what we watch.

Currently for me its Netflix (limited to AU) + Amazon + Crunchyroll + Animelab. And if I'm honest the first two are being way underused.

Trying to sell my Xbox One Titanfall bundle that I've literally used 3 times but how the hell am I supposed to post this thing, it's massive. Would selecting local pickup only be a good option for EBay? I need money for these damn expensive Nvidia cards :)

dity

Trying to sell my Xbox One Titanfall bundle that I've literally used 3 times but how the hell am I supposed to post this thing, it's massive. Would selecting local pickup only be a good option for EBay? I need money for these damn expensive Nvidia cards :)

Just go into a CEX or something. It's what I do now since I can't be bothered with Ebay anymore.

gumtree? Cash Converters (though don't expect to be offered much more than 1/4 to 1/3 of current new price, it will depend on how well they sell when they have them in stock).

Darren870

ebay local pickup, or gumtree.

Where are you located?

MoonGred

I don't even recall the last year I was hype for E3. Nowadays I just absorb it through the giant bombast, and even then usually a week after it's already happened.

Stackboy

You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

No I just like enjoying things. I don't have my expectations super high, I just want a new Forza Horizon and everything else will be a bonus.

In the day and age where everyone hates a lot of things, I enjoy having things to look forward to.

Fusebox

Banned
We went from Netflix + Hulu + GetFlix to Netflix Au + Stan and it covers most of what we watch.

Stan is a replacement for Hulu+? Does it have shows like Bobs Burgers, the Daily Show, SNL, Ink Masters and all the other shitty American shows I watch?

jambo

Our main shows at the moment are GoT, Silicon Valley, Last Week Tonight and The West Wing.

The West Wing halted when the US Netflix stopped working, but then we found out it was on Stan and so we've started back up again. Getting in to Season 5 now =S

Rezbit

I don't watch any tv shows, been meaning to catch up on game of thrones but that's about it. Mostly games and movies for me.

TV = sport for me

Axiom

Is there a list of reasons a Neogaf application can get rejected? I didn't even know that happened.

My developer friend was over last night when she got an email about her application being rejected and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

She's never been a member before and used a non-free email account, which I thought were pretty much the only rules.

edit: Thanks guys

Overwatch is good!

Is there a list of reasons a Neogaf application can get rejected? I didn't even know that happened.

My developer friend was over last night when she got an email about her application being rejected and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

She's never been a member before and used a non-free email account, which I thought were pretty much the only rules.

PM me the details

I don't watch any tv shows, been meaning to catch up on game of thrones but that's about it. Mostly games and movies for me.

TV = sport for me

This is me too but I don't watch GoT. Though I did start Preacher and am interested in where that goes compared to the comics.

Quasar

TV = sport for me

For me its mostly anime + some movies. Really should play more games but that happens pretty damn irregularly.

Am downloading the Torment beta though. So I guess I'll be doing some actual gaming soon.

Shaneus

So I guess this is a thing now.
NdX743P.png

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I would be happy with just Animelab + Stan.

But Stan doesn't work on the WiiU. not even the browser coz they user silverlight not html5...

but I have been using free crunchy roll this last week or so, need to watch more high school sports animes. currently watching oen about basketball. theres ab aseball one queued up

never watch the one about stride, aka parkour. its shit

jambo

All Dick Smith physical stores closed. Kogan swooped in at the last minute and bought the online side of the company.

I would be happy with just Animelab + Stan.

But Stan doesn't work on the WiiU. not even the browser coz they user silverlight not html5...

Often that issue when you're on a previous gen console.

dity

They should just rebrand the website. People probably still go to the site looking for store opening hours lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom