• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Looks like Healesville it is! :)

While the Ballarat one is really great it's no match to the Healesville one. They've got "private moments" for which you can pay extra (price depends on animal), I did the wombat one last year and it was amazing.

Hmmmm...

Deeku

Have an exam tomorrow eeep:/

Been studying for the past...4 months I guess so I haven't played anything. Celebratory game? Uncharted? Dark Souls 3? Doom? Probably Uncharted yeah?

Been studying for the past...4 months I guess so I haven't played anything. Celebratory game? Uncharted? Dark Souls 3? Doom? Probably Uncharted yeah?

If you're looking for an interactive guided multimedia experience play Uncharted. If you're looking for a game, play Doom.

Jintor

wut? is that how it works? I'm one month out from JLPT3 and I've been managing to get at least an hour of some kind of gaming time a day if just to reboot my brain after like two straight hours of kanji or whatever

Deeku

Thanks dudes, I'll probably just get both! :D

wut? is that how it works? I'm one month out from JLPT3 and I've been managing to get at least an hour of some kind of gaming time a day if just to reboot my brain after like two straight hours of kanji or whatever
Well...I've been playing a lot of Clash Royale lol. But yeah, I only really have weekends to do any solid study so I've deliberately held off the newer console game releases. Wasn't even that hard to do which is kind of scary....

Also should get on that Fire Emblem as well!

1) Alyson Hannigan
2) Phoebe Cates
3) Kristen Bell
4)
Ben Affleck
5) Alyson Hannigan again

That made me smile. I'm struggling to remember a quote from director John Woo about why he chose him for Paycheck, I recall thinking that's spot on. It escapes me.

eewww she's 42. Who'd want a wrinkly old 42 year old?

I am aware of the irony.

Hey I'll be 40 in SEP. I need 40 bday bash ideas people (something involving Kate would do), if anyone has something good please share. It sucks having your birthday in Melbourne when AFL grand final is on.

Make sure you see the Bird Show. It's amazing! Do not miss it!

Agreed, do not miss. The best part of the park. Last time I took the family there had two bird shows in the one day I think.

Luckily for you, the Grand Final is in October ;)

Nice one mate.

That's my trouble still, bday end of SEP so that midweek bday goes to the weekend and boom friends don't want to miss a granny. I guess it's a footy themed 40th
Why should this year be any different

Thanks dudes, I'll probably just get both! :D

i did this and they both turned up yesterday requiring a total of 15GB of updates. I played BC Blops on X1 while I waited for Uncharted to update and then the first few bits of Uncharted while Overwatch downloaded. I started to fall asleep (I have a cold and and tired from work, no reflection on Uncharted. Or is it?) so no OW yet.

From trash to trash

bam!

I keep forgetting that Uncharted 4 is actually out and I would enjoy it. Hmm.

It seemed to have a decent amount of action at the start. It hasn't become a walking simulator yet.

T

Hey I'll be 40 in SEP. I need 40 bday bash ideas people (something involving Kate would do), if anyone has something good please share. It sucks having your birthday in Melbourne when AFL grand final is on.

Do something fun, even if Ms Beckinsale isn't available. My own 40th was, er, quiet.

Deeku

i did this and they both turned up yesterday requiring a total of 15GB of updates. I played BC Blops on X1 while I waited for Uncharted to update and then the first few bits of Uncharted while Overwatch downloaded. I started to fall asleep (I have a cold and and tired from work, no reflection on Uncharted. Or is it?) so no OW yet.
Yeah glad I have great internet here. If this was back in Sydney I would probably have to leave it on overnight:/

r1chard

OMG Super 8 was so bad. I blame you, Cam!

Wait, when did the conversation turn to Ms Beckinsale? Hmm. Maybe time to re-watch some of her finest work ... in Underworld :) [damn, was Shooting Fish really almost 20 years ago?!]

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
OMG Super 8 was so bad. I blame you, Cam!

Wait, when did the conversation turn to Ms Beckinsale? Hmm. Maybe time to re-watch some of her finest work ... in Underworld :) [damn, was Shooting Fish really almost 20 years ago?!]

Thanks for reminding me. Watching Underworld 2 now.

Found out last night that I didn't get the Canberra job. It's really disappointing.

I'm holed up inside now, hoping that Brisbane doesn't drown and suffering from a head cold.

On the plus side, I went for ADF aptitude testing and I basically qualify for ALL the jobs. Turns out I'm not too old to become a pilot after all.

Found out last night that I didn't get the Canberra job. It's really disappointing.

I'm holed up inside now, hoping that Brisbane doesn't drown and suffering from a head cold.

On the plus side, I went for ADF aptitude testing and I basically qualify for ALL the jobs. Turns out I'm not too old to become a pilot after all.

giphy.gif

Deeku

Sorry to hear VKS

Related, I probably failed my exam today cos I don't think I did enough to get on dat bell curve. Ah well, bright side is I can try again in half a year.

Sorry Squirrel:(

Jesus the weather is so wild where I am. Apparently power was out from Albion Park down to Huskisson this afternoon.

Get Overwatch instead of these soon-to-be-bargain-bin single player games.

I get disproportionately upset seeing how much everyone loves Overwatch when the real competitive FPS R6 Siege got slept on so much. Hopefully more people will be willing to give it a chance now that there's a 'Starter' edition out or something.

I get disproportionately upset seeing how much everyone loves Overwatch when the real competitive FPS R6 Siege got slept on so much. Hopefully more people will be willing to give it a chance now that there's a 'Starter' edition out or something.

Hmm. Well, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield on PC was the game that first got me into Multiplayer games. But I skipped the most recent one because it came out in a window of 'bigger' must play shooters late last year like Halo 5, CoD: BO3 (MP was a step up since it ditched pure P2P networking for the first time in years) and of course, Battlefront. There was no room for R6 in that environment (which is weird because this year looks even worse).

Overwatch is just brilliant. And I hated TF2 and MOBA's. I kinda got it for research purposes since so many devs are using Overwatch as a quality bar to meet or exceed, but found I'm really enjoying it, despite having no idea what's going on half the time.

And Overwatch doesn't look like it's going to charge you full price and then split the user base with DLC maps. Maybe it will. Blizzard doesn't have the form, whereas UBisoft does.

Weird, you're having Summer weather in Brisbane, yet here in Britain, it's been fucking freezing this first calendar week of summer until today (though technically, they tend start the seasons three weeks after the month (solstice)

My main problem now is trying to work out whether to play Overwatch or Uncharted 4 (both a brilliant).

Stackboy

Powers (seasons 1 and 2) are out now here now for PS+ subscribers for no extra cost. I don't know if it's any good yet.

Saw that the other day, I need to check it out.

And Overwatch doesn't look like it's going to charge you full price and then split the user base with DLC maps. Maybe it will. Blizzard doesn't have the form, whereas UBisoft does.

Blizz have said all future maps and chars would be free for everyone!

Finally finished my rewatch of Twin Peaks on the weekend. I guess it was a rewatch. My wife had never seen it and I stopped watching the first time when I was in the second season and someone spoiled the major plotline.

I can see why it didn't get a 3rd season until now. The show doesn't really have a focus about a 3rd of the way into season 2. Still, I loved it and can't wait for the show to return next year.

It got discounted super fast, was even $20 on PS4/X1 at one point. I don't think it'll grow as the market is really flooded, most people want colourful and stylish rather than tense and tight.

Finally finished my rewatch of Twin Peaks on the weekend. I guess it was a rewatch. My wife had never seen it and I stopped watching the first time when I was in the second season and someone spoiled the major plotline.

I can see why it didn't get a 3rd season until now. The show doesn't really have a focus about a 3rd of the way into season 2. Still, I loved it and can't wait for the show to return next year.

Yeah first season is great. 2nd season is always a struggle.

I like the whole thing less and less every time I rewatch though which is weird.

Stackboy

It got discounted super fast, was even $20 on PS4/X1 at one point. I don't think it'll grow as the market is really flooded, most people want colourful and stylish rather than tense and tight.

Yeah first season is great. 2nd season is always a struggle.

I like the whole thing less and less every time I rewatch though which is weird.

The second season just struggles to have a main plot line, there is so much going on. I really enjoyed the cliffhanger, wonder if they will bring that into the new season next year.

jambo

The REAL competitive FPS has been the same for the last 17 years.

Gazunta

Thanks to the Target clearance sales I'm playing a bit of Inamuza Eleven Go Shadow on 3DS lately. I have no idea if this game was reviewed well when it came out. It could be an all-time classic or the worst game ever. I honestly have no idea. I remember some people on a podcast talking about an older release in the series fondly and I like soccer and I like RPGs so I figured for ten bucks what's the harm.

It is so incredibly refreshing to just play a game because I find it interesting and having no idea what the internet hive mind thinks of it.

I'm having fun with it, there are lots of options to fiddle about with and it's almost a turn based soccer game so that's nice.

Anyway I just recommend you buy a game every now and then because it catches your eye, it's nice to do.

Quasar

Hmmm..

Check my email this morning to find my mobile phone company saying a transaction on my credit card failed.

Calling the NAB, they note that they put a block on my card when someone tried to do a $4k purchase over the weekend. Nice to hear, though they could have informed me.

Of course now I'm left wondering how the card details got loose. Its not like I gave them out willy nilly and it makes me wonder if some service I use has been hacked without me being informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom