• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I just recommend you buy a game every now and then because it catches your eye, it's nice to do.

you made a career out of that. Bam!

Hmmm..

Check my email this morning to find my mobile phone company saying a transaction on my credit card failed.

Calling the NAB, they note that they put a block on my card when someone tried to do a $4k purchase over the weekend. Nice to hear, though they could have informed me.

Of course now I'm left wondering how the card details got loose.

literally anywhere you have used that card. Either someone shady or something that's been hacked. You'll almost never know.

Finally finished my rewatch of Twin Peaks on the weekend. I guess it was a rewatch. My wife had never seen it and I stopped watching the first time when I was in the second season and someone spoiled the major plotline.
When that thing was first on, it was a big deal as a 'water cooler' show during its first year but people got jack of it really, really quickly.

Quasar

literally anywhere you have used that card. Either someone shady or something that's been hacked. You'll almost never know.

Yeah. Its only used for online purchases, so that rules out one avenue. And I do try to do transactions via paypal so I'm not handing details out to every little retailer I use once.

I once moved my computer and everything went black. After about 5 minutes of panic, a shameful amount of time, I worked out I'd accidentally turned off the switch on the back of the power supply!

Gazunta

BRISGAF! What are you doing this Saturday? If you answered "Hmm, dunno, probably staying inside playing videogames" then you are WRONG!

If you answered "Seeing Gaz at Comic Street Markets in the Queen Street Mall with over 30 other local comic artists" then you are SO SO RIGHT!

Come join us at Comic Street Markets this Saturday from 10am to 4pm in the Queen Street Mall, where there's a ton of great new locally made comics on sale! I will be debuting my new comic, Rose #3, there for you!

Hope to see you there!

Stackboy

When that thing was first on, it was a big deal as a 'water cooler' show during its first year but people got jack of it really, really quickly.

Yeah I'm pretty sure after the big reveal over who the killer was the show lost steam. Still, we stuck with it and really enjoyed it. I'm a big David Lynch fan though.

See you Saturday arvo Gaz!

BRISGAF! Come join us at Comic Street Markets this Saturday from 10am to 4pm in the Queen Street Mall, where there's a ton of great new locally made comics on sale! I will be debuting my new comic, Rose #3, there for you![/URL]

Hope to see you there!

Go and see mr gaznuts and buy his wares. You won't regret it.

so a week till E3 2016.

What are Ausgaf's predictions for new stuff we'll see, rumours confirmed etc? What are me most excited to see
pre-rendered CG trailers of and delayed to 2017
?

For me.

Wii U- is Nintendo going to have anything for Wii U or are they just going to surrender this Christmas? How cool will Zelda be and are we just going to wait for NX anyway?

X1- Crackdown 3. Gears 4 will be cool and all but I want Crackdown 3. I would also accept a Sunset Overdrive sequel announcement. Also, I'd love some details about this scorpio version. Also, Crackdown 1, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect 2 and 3 BC please.

PS4- After Uncharted 4, I don't know what I want from Sony. Some Neo info will be nice but I have a feeling it'll all be PSVR and third party stuff. Not interested in God of War which I'm guessing will be a bigger, as will more TLG and FF7. A tease for a far off TLOU2 would probably get me somewhat aroused unless people abbreviated it to 2LOU.

Everyone else: BF1 and CoD:IW natch. Dishonored 2 interests me. Some more EA Star Wars details, Mass Effect Andromeda news. Please go easy on the constant remasters but I would probably snaffle up a Bioshock trilogy for console if one drops soonish. The Skyrim remaster rumour is also interesting but I'd probably love a nicer version of Oblivion since I never really played much of that back when I had it on 360. and Yooka Laylee. It looks a bit early in the leaked trailer but it does look fun.

I don't care too much about WatchDogs 2 or FF7 or Recore or Sea of Thieves or Horizon or Destiny 2 for various reasons but it'll be fun for those who do want them.

I don't know what to expect from E3 really, which I'm happy about because I don't have any expectations that can be unfulfilled. Look forward to watching the conferences.

All I really will get excited about right now is compelling VR stuff. AAA games come and go for me now, especially since Uncharted 4 is done and dusted. Hope to see the PSVR games solidify as well as some second year Rift/Vive stuff. I assume MS will be jumping in too, likely with Rift.

Spiderman by Insomniac could be cool. The big one though is CD Projekt Red, hope they have another teaser of some kind. Sucker Punch is one of my favs so hopefully we see them too. Otherwise I can't think of any AAA game that grabs my interest.

Indies will be awesome I bet. Some more will float to the surface at Sony/MS.

Totally taking Tuesday off for the main E3 day though :)

I'm torn on Zelda. On the one hand, I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles X and it is, as the kids say, totes amazeballs, but on the other hand, it's just as janky as the original Xenoblade Chronicles. If Zelda is using the same techniques to stitch together this huge world, I might just wait for NX if it promises to (say) improve things like frame rate, pop-in and draw distance.

I don't expect for there to be any improvement graphically. The art style is abstract enough that things like that just don't matter. The original Wind Waker is still beautiful thanks to its wonderful art direction and I think Zelda U/NX will also stand the test of time.

But DOOM.

DOOM's campaign is a masterclass of exploration, optimisation and pure run and gun brilliance. This is an bloody enjoyable pickup and play solo game. I've been taking my time as it would be too easy to just burn through it binge style. I want to savour the fallen enemies and maps.

Otherwise for this E3 I'm sort of over remakes now. I want to see something new.

Stackboy

I'm really keen to see Forza Horizon 3 and maybe that action sports thingie from Criterion? Even if it's not really Criterion any more.

I have the week off next week for E3 and a nice staycation.

Gazunta

Here's my E3 wishlist:

Nintendo: Some new 3DS games would be nice. I'm really enjoying 3DS at the moment. A 3DS Mario Strikers would be neat. A follow up to Link Between Worlds would be fantastic, even if it's not a Zelda game and they're "just" doing a ALBW treatment to another SNES classic. A 3DS Stunt Race FX would be game of the show.

Microsoft: Expecting Crackdown 3 to be a) delayed and b) announced for Windows 10. The GAF meltdowns will be glorious. Beyond that I don't really care what they do.

Sony: No idea what I'm expecting but it will be great to see some PSVR games in a more solid state.
And no Vita games announced :(

Oh hey! I was on the latest episode of the Press Play On Tape podcast, give it a listen!

jambo

I'm visualising athletes emoting at the end of races. LOL.

Have you ever watched the Olympics? =P

eCEQV9k.jpg

HuDiQl6.jpg

zFPB7aK.jpg

7hdMjyQ.jpg

Fuck the Olympics.

But Fuck those Overwatch defending assholes who camp outside the attack spawnpoints and just stay there the whole game killing you as you try to leave.

Deeku

Ya know, if the Olympics weren't mentioned here I probably would not have realised it was a. this year, and b. soon :/

N0VAM0D

The only thing I'm really keen for about E3 is the Mass Effect Andromeda news, honestly. TLOU2, FF7, and Horizon should be cool, and all the Neo stuff too. Sort of glad nothing interests me rn tho bc I have 0 money. Need a new job ASAP. I've even started selling old clothes that I don't wear much/don't fit me. I swear if this keeps up and I have to start selling some of my games/vinyl collection I'm gonna be veeery upset.

In better news, I've started playing through DA:I again because someone gave me a PSN gift voucher for my birthday and I decided to cop all the DLC. I'm playing as a knight enchanter this time, and it's a lot more fun than my first playthrough as a double dagger rouge! I'm romancing Cullen again though, I can't help myself. As fun as it is, I'm taking even more notice of the really bad performance issues on the PS4 this time around, which is sort of frustrating (significant framerate drops, delayed sound, texture pop ins, and more). Also forgot how terrible the jumping function is. It's just sort of awkward to move around in general. but I still love the game? why?? ok

Picked up The Evil Within ps4 for $20 at EB. The only problem is that, I have no ps4.

what rizzi said

Shaneus

E3 not holding much for me, either. Curious about PS4K (not like I'll get one) and PSVR, but that's it. Actually, the other thing is GT Sport which I suspect will crash and burn, at least to me personally, if it maintains it's current (apparent) heavy focus of online multi.

Other than that, really couldn't give much of two shits :/

Stackboy

So Netflix is back cracking down hard on proxies, so now I cant access Netflix JP again :(

Getflix has UK and US available at the moment. Waiting for Canada to be available again, great movie selection. Plus I really need to see the second season of Fargo and that's on in a few euro countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom