• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

*moths fly out of wallet*

I'll give you $100 for your Wii-U. Then you can buy that 1070!

---

On another note, ever since I left the US and where ever I've traveled I've always been told that the majority of Americans are fuckwits. I used to say no way! We are the leading country in the world!

I actually now 100% agree, the majority of Americans are fuckwits.

Gazunta

I hate you.

Edit: Hey Gaz, is that Sega Ages the one with the Out Run that runs at 60fps?
Edit #2: Don't worry about it, can't really justify it :/

Heh I have no idea, I don't think I've played it in like a decade :)

BTW I sent you a thing yesterday! Check your meatspace mailbox early next week :)

Rizzi

---

On another note, ever since I left the US and where ever I've traveled I've always been told that the majority of Americans are fuckwits. I used to say no way! We are the leading country in the world!

:|

Rlan

IMG_0520.jpg

I've always been super weirded out by the Virtua Racing on the Saturn in Australia.

I had the same version as well - did we get the US version.. but set to PAL? Was the NTSC version just region free and they sent them here? What's the deal?

Gazunta

Yeah, we just got the US version here. They didn't even bother repackaging it (That adds an extra fifty cents or so to the cost, c'mon!) and it was region free so it just ran in PAL mode on our machines.

Darren870

What I love about some of the old games was the ability to just put the disc in your CD player and you could listen to the sound track. Used to love that!!

You can do that with Virtua Racing

---

On another note. Rlan, I've got a game idea for you. Make it so I can buy it since I don't know how to make games. Basically make a Worms type game, where you can play with your friends and its like turn based. When its your turn you get a notification that its your turn and then so on and so on. People love that turn based multiplayer type games. Like words with friends and all that crap.

Basically I want to play Worms with my friends but over the course of a day, not all at once, and from my phone.

Gazunta

Yeah one of my spare Daytona USA CDs got played a lot in my old car's CD player, was always fun driving to driving game music :)

It turned out that is very dangerous to do this

Shaneus

Yeah, we just got the US version here. They didn't even bother repackaging it (That adds an extra fifty cents or so to the cost, c'mon!) and it was region free so it just ran in PAL mode on our machines.
Very interesting. I remember buying that as well, but only got it second hand at a Cashies shortly after I got my first full-time job. So much money spent :/

Yeah one of my spare Daytona USA CDs got played a lot in my old car's CD player, was always fun driving to driving game music :)

It turned out that is very dangerous to do this

On the other side of the coin, I remember an (official) ad for Ridge Racer in an old Hyper mag that was talking up the ability to take the disc out and replace with a music cd in the race.

It said something about "racing to the dulcet tunes of Celine Dion". Even at the time I remember thinking who the hell races to Celine Dion?!

Quasar

Pro tip: Find a random number, double it and add a zero: That's how much shipping is going to cost.

Find another random number, divide it by three and take out a random digit. That's how much people are willing to pay for shipping.

Shipping is fucking expensive.

I shipped off two consoles this week and yiiiiiiikes fucking shipping

Heh.

And I didn't realise ebay has tools to compute shipping.

Looking at AustPost to ship my WiiU to myself it would be $18.10 slow mail and $43 express. Pretty crazy given what various etailers charge to ship stuff much bigger.

Anyway its on ebay now. Lets see what happens. I guess some money is better than none.

Trying to offload a bunch of Apple gear too. Things like 2 Apple TVs and a Airport Express. The former are amusing in that they aren't worth much more than the shipping costs.

Gazunta

Haha that reminds me I started buying PlayStation games and magazines with demo discs a few weeks before I got my PlayStation
Thanks Sony PR for selling me one for cost that was nice
and listened to the wip'Eout" soundtrack on my awesome discman for yonks :p

Cerity

tbh go with a courier for bulkier stuff. It works out much cheaper if whatever you're sending doesn't fit in auspost's flat rate satchels. Most of the time anyway.

---

Especially the traveling kind ;)

Emigrating or working yanks are generally far more exposed to the world outside of USA and therefore far better people/interactions with other cultures. That said, tourist yanks are worse than the inbred fuckwits that stay in the US of A. At least the latter is contained to the USA :)

What I love about some of the old games was the ability to just put the disc in your CD player and you could listen to the sound track. Used to love that!!
Yeah I used to do that with a ton of PC games. Quake OST :)

On another note. Rlan, I've got a game idea for you. Make it so I can buy it since I don't know how to make games. Basically make a Worms type game, where you can play with your friends and its like turn based. When its your turn you get a notification that its your turn and then so on and so on. People love that turn based multiplayer type games. Like words with friends and all that crap.

Basically I want to play Worms with my friends but over the course of a day, not all at once, and from my phone.
You tried Frozen Synapse? Fits your idea perfectly.

Haha that reminds me I started buying PlayStation games and magazines with demo discs a few weeks before I got my PlayStation
Thanks Sony PR for selling me one for cost that was nice
and listened to the wip'Eout" soundtrack on my awesome discman for yonks :p

The soundtrack to all the WipEout games is incredible

Reppy, any news on where to get the Rocket League Collector's Edition for PC? At all? EB seems to have the PS4 and X1 versions for $60 but I want PC. :(

edit: if i have to ill just wait for the dlc later on but a physical release with a box for my favourite game of 2015/16 would be lovely.

So I sold my Xbox One on EBay 3 days ago and the guy still hasn't paid.... Bloody hell I hate this shit. I've emailed him twice with no response, apparently I can complain to EBay tomorrow (4 days after its sold) but now it's completely stuffed me. I sold it the day before the new Xbox announcement, now I'm going to get squat for it... :(

Reppy, any news on where to get the Rocket League Collector's Edition for PC? At all? EB seems to have the PS4 and X1 versions for $60 but I want PC. :(

edit: if i have to ill just wait for the dlc later on but a physical release with a box for my favourite game of 2015/16 would be lovely.

Can't find it anywhere in AU for PC. Can't even find import copies! CD keys will float around but it sounds like you mainly want the box, Amazon might end up the best bet in the end.

Very remote possibility Big W might stock it but since even the importers here aren't getting it I assume 505 aren't doing a PC release in AU at all sorry.

Darren870

So I sold my Xbox One on EBay 3 days ago and the guy still hasn't paid.... Bloody hell I hate this shit. I've emailed him twice with no response, apparently I can complain to EBay tomorrow (4 days after its sold) but now it's completely stuffed me. I sold it the day before the new Xbox announcement, now I'm going to get squat for it... :(

It takes me like 3 separate auctions for someone to finally want to pay for an item they won. Anything over $100 can take forever. eBay does shit about it.

Quasar

No, they send an unpaid item notice to the buyer. The buyer ignores it and never pays, they refund the final value fees to you and then you relist. Rinse and repeat :(

Well thats annoying. And someone has already bid on my WiiU.

I was already feeling a bit of remorse given the ebay and paypal fees to be paid, and thought maybe I should have used Gumtree. But that would involve letting buyers into my house.

Darren870

I was already feeling a bit of remorse given the ebay and paypal fees to be paid, and thought maybe I should have used Gumtree. But that would involve letting buyers into my house.

Meet somewhere for Gumtree?

I mean it doesn't happen all the time. Usually a sign is that they haven't used their account in ages and/or they have low feedback. 9/10 they don't pay.

eBay is only good for buyers these days. Once I sold all my retro games a few years ago I haven't used it to sell anything, shitty buyers and getting charged twice by eBay/PayPal.

Quasar

eBay is only good for buyers these days. Once I sold all my retro games a few years ago I haven't used it to sell anything, shitty buyers and getting charged twice by eBay/PayPal.

Will admit I mostly use it to buy from retailers like 'cablechick' rather than buying from individuals.

Even the auction process I find annoying as a buyer. Having to deal with snipers etc. Much easier to go to items with 'buy it now'.

Darren870

Anyone know how to download a show From channel 7? I got the FFMPEG link, but have no idea what to do after that...

MAC btw

Deeku

Anyone know how to download a show From channel 7? I got the FFMPEG link, but have no idea what to do after that...

MAC btw
Umm, if you still need help,

what i do is do a reply post, say, here in this thread with the link, then click preview post and then right click save as on the link.

there's probably a less clumsy/dumb way to do it tho lol

Darren870

Umm, if you still need help,

what i do is do a reply post, say, here in this thread with the link, then click preview post and then right click save as on the link.

there's probably a less clumsy/dumb way to do it tho lol

It downloads a file, like a small file. But i want to actually save the video to my computer for future watching.

Here is the link:

ffmpeg -i "https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=4921455441001&expiration=1466487300000&token=407fd703d7ffa0917bcdd939dfd543602a475657" -c copy The_Chase_Australia__Wed_1_Jun__season_3_episode_15.ts

Deeku

It downloads a file, like a small file. But i want to actually save the video to my computer for future watching.

Here is the link:

ffmpeg -i "https://secure.brightcove.com/services/mobile/streaming/index/rendition.m3u8?assetId=4921455441001&expiration=1466487300000&token=407fd703d7ffa0917bcdd939dfd543602a475657" -c copy The_Chase_Australia__Wed_1_Jun__season_3_episode_15.ts
Yeah I got a file that supposedly opens with iTunes...maybe it's not the right link for the file? I don't know. Also since I'm not in Oz the site doesn't even stream for me...

senahorse

It takes me like 3 separate auctions for someone to finally want to pay for an item they won. Anything over $100 can take forever. eBay does shit about it.

Yep, and such is Ebay these days. I tried selling my DK2 Rift recently, first auction someone won and said they couldn't pay, next one I got lucky, and then you get the absurd Ebay fees on top of that experience.

Yep, and such is Ebay these days. I tried selling my DK2 Rift recently, first auction someone won and said they couldn't pay, next one I got lucky, and then you get the absurd Ebay fees on top of that experience.

Yeah I'm surprised that there isn't an equally popular, superior version of eBay. The fees really put me off as both a seller, and a buyer (sellers jack up the price).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom