• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

If you were just getting a hot choc and not food I can definitely see how you wouldn't notice it, especially if it's on a separate page like how it looks. I would also be shitty if I bought a mediocre $9 hot choc and they slapped a Saturday surcharge on it.

One thing to remember about devices, wireless, power etc is Australia is one of the strictest countries out there in terms of standards, border/import customs and certifications for the signals/devices by manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

Often manufacturers have to tweak their settings or hardware to pass certification here e.g. mobile phone reception quality vs meeting our strict standards. Of course you can unlock and tweak your phone at your own risk (and others), tons of websites out there for firmware updates etc.

jambo

If I had fame and influence I would attempt to popularise whatever the reverse of caveat emptor was that means let the seller beware mother fucker.

Caveat venditor mother fucker.

A $9 hot chocolate is why this country is stuffed, aye.

qriTfsH.jpg

Gazunta

Places that use syrup instead of powder for hot chocolates deserve to be driven out of town by angry mob.

What I'm saying is that Ugees in West End make the worst hot chocolates, and Eros right next door make the best hot chocolates

Hot choco with milk not water. Always. A touch of vanilla essence is nice too. So I tried out the Surfaces and I'm leaning towards the Pro 4, the keyboard feels nice and keeps up with my typing but for the money I get more storage out of the Pro 4. Thanks for the advice here, even though I've gone against the book recommendation. Stay tuned for which I actually walk out with next week before tax time...

Gazunta

Oh hey Ozzy the Pro 4 is fucking gorgeous! I am looking forward to getting mine on Saturday. Welcome to the club!

Oh yeah, I forgot how much fun it was syncing up all my cloud services every time I get a new computer >< :)

I was walking with my son around this lake nearby and we appear to have wandered into a high school formal's pre-dance photo shoot. My first clue was sharply dressed people and clouds of cheap perfume, so I thought it might be a wedding, but then I realised that anyone I saw over the age of 18 wasn't dressed so nicely. They must be the parents and siblings.

The thing that strikes me is that while a lot of the girls might pass for twenty somethings, all the boys look like boys. Is that how I looked at 17? I just can't remember being so goofy and awkward.

Or maybe I don't want to.

EDIT: Escaped now. Ugh. High school was the worst.

Jintor

working at a junior high that's basically how it works yeah. girls look older, guys look like elementary schoolers.

i'd say only half the 15-year old boys here have hit the part of the growth spurt where they stop looking like kids and start turning into adults (height notwithstanding; seperate issue to looking more adult). Most of the girls are there by around 14 by my estimate.

working at a junior high that's basically how it works yeah. girls look older, guys look like elementary schoolers.

i'd say only half the 15-year old boys here have hit the part of the growth spurt where they stop looking like kids and start turning into adults (height notwithstanding; seperate issue to looking more adult). Most of the girls are there by around 14 by my estimate.
That could have been it. I saw a lot of pimply faces, smooth cheeks and ill fitting suits. Shoulders aren't parcelled out until your mid twenties, apparently.

dity

Been on a Persona binge lately. Played through all of 4 Golden with my partner and now we're playing 3 FES. I daresay I like it better than Final Fantasy.

A $9 hot chocolate just seems pointless. Would not buy.

Rizzi

Been on a Persona binge lately. Played through all of 4 Golden with my partner and now we're playing 3 FES. I daresay I like it better than Final Fantasy.

A $9 hot chocolate just seems pointless. Would not buy.

That's because SMT games are way better than Final Fantasy games.

Anyone have experience working at the elections? I'll be doing a 10 hour gig at the elections as a polling booth officer and wondering if anyone had some experience or tips? Thanks.

dity

Anyone have experience working at the elections? I'll be doing a 10 hour gig at the elections as a polling booth officer and wondering if anyone had some experience or tips? Thanks.

I've done it. It's a real slog, you have to stay there and help sort through all the vote papers and you basically can't go home until they're all counted properly. I ended up being there way longer than 10 hours. Like, 6am-9pm or something like that.

I did years and years ago in 2001 and a local election around that time too. Pretty boring ask their name, get them to confirm a detail, green for reps, white for senate and rule them off in the book. Think they have tablets now. I did see an old lady vote twice! She came to me first, had a long chat then I saw her leaving again a few hours later having I assume had her name marked off in another book.

I didn't do the counting afterwards just supervised and carried stuff. The party scrutineers are a riot though.

I've done it. It's a real slog, you have to stay there and help sort through all the vote papers and you basically can't go home until they're all counted properly. I ended up being there way longer than 10 hours. Like, 6am-9pm or something like that.

I did years and years ago in 2001 and a local election around that time too. Pretty boring ask their name, get them to confirm a detail, green for reps, white for senate and rule them off in the book. Think they have tablets now. I did see an old lady vote twice! She came to me first, had a long chat then I saw her leaving again a few hours later having I assume had her name marked off in another book.

I didn't do the counting afterwards just supervised and carried stuff. The party scrutineers are a riot though.

Thanks for the input.

lol, and it didn't even come with marshmallows!

If you were just getting a hot choc and not food I can definitely see how you wouldn't notice it, especially if it's on a separate page like how it looks. I would also be shitty if I bought a mediocre $9 hot choc and they slapped a Saturday surcharge on it.

I guess I wasn't looking for anything like that either so I didn't notice it.

Cerity

Sitting here staring at the StarTrack tracking for my video card.
Move out of the Sydney DFPC damn it.

That was me with my monitor for most of this week lol. I went to clear out my browsing tabs on my phone this morning and there were 12 from DHL lol. 2 Days from South Korea to Australia ain't bad at all.

I'm onboard the 27" QHD freesync goodness now at least!

Rizzi

Remember when couriers actually delivered to your door instead of parking in the street and shouting for you to come to them?

Shaneus

So the Steam sale puts Doom up at what it's regular price should be. So what's it going for in the US store, and how can I get someone to give it to me?

That was me with my monitor for most of this week lol. I went to clear out my browsing tabs on my phone this morning and there were 12 from DHL lol. 2 Days from South Korea to Australia ain't bad at all.

I'm onboard the 27" QHD freesync goodness now at least!
Fuck hate AusPost so much. Snail mail is now at least 12 days here. Even around town most take 7 or more >_<

Cerity

Fuck hate AusPost so much. Snail mail is now at least 12 days here. Even around town most take 7 or more >_<

The new systems and sorting centre's are pretty ridiculous now, from what I've been told all parcels are sent to either melbourne or sydney, sorted out there and then sent on to where they actually need to be. Even if you're sending a parcel within the same city.

Cerity

I just beat the foundry level and I still can't get into DOOM tbh. Maybe it's because I played KF2 for a little while but when things go from 0 to 100 in combat I miss those intricacies.

Quasar

Un fucking believable

I am surprised, assuming the final is the same. I did think in the end that the stay camp would scrape through.

Still I do consider it a bit of a failure of representative democracy to even need the referendum. Just like our bullshit marriage plebiscite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom