• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Well...my ebay auction of my hardly used 8GB Wii U bundle seemed to turn out OK, at $265. Assuming the buyer pays for it. More than I expected honestly. Hell...more than I paid for it new IIRC.

Card Boy

Banned
Bought a $100au steam card for $90 which converted to just over $75 USD. Knowing people makes the exchange rate sting much less.

Jintor

couldn't you have just gone to an embassy?

i forgot to register so don't think i can vote:/

i'd have had to take a day off... which ironically i did for unrelated reasons after already having applied for a postal vote.

consulates are only open during office hours. lmao.

Big W is $80 online-only. The person at Big W who I asked said it would take two weeks??

Shops are getting worse at stocking niche games. I live near a Big W, a Target, a JB and an EB. This month there were three niche games I wanted to buy: Atelier Sophie, Sherlock Holmes and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Of those four stores and three games, only one of those games was stocked and it was in only one store. At least downloading is a reasonable option with the first two games but a 16.5 gigabyte download on a Wii U isn't close to being as reasonable. The game is sent out to die.

That feeling when you see an old flame and she's gotten... let's say visibly older since last you met. She and her husband were with their daughter at the same playground I took my son to.

Thought I'd say hello, but then I remembered that her husband thinks I'm the devil, so I thought it would be better to not ruin their day like that.

It's all ancient history now, but the encounter highlighted exactly how ancient.

I'm getting older, guys.

Quasar

Well. My ebay auctioned WiiU is complete, and paid for and shipped.

Still surprised a used 8GB Console went for so much. But then with only 32 GB versions around I guess its still a cheaper entry point.

One thing I'm wondering about is my data. I did do a 'delete all' from the WiiU system settings, but I'm wondering about the consoles connection to Nintendo online services. I had used it to buy one or do games (which obviously are gone). But I'm wondering if I need to deregister it from my Nintendo account so the new owner can buy stuff from the eshop and not access my account.

Is it permanently locked to my account?

Deeku

I'm really confused about this voting thing. Apparently I'm registered because my overseas thing is valid for 6 years...but I checked my enrolment but it's still Sydney....and I can't find my letter from last time:/

But seems the voting centre is open from today so I guess I should go check it out

Gazunta

Saying hello from the SP4. Oh sweet lord this screen is huge compared to the SP2. As soon as Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive sync up this is going to be amazing. loveheartemoji.jpg

No, she votes Labor, but she seems pretty convinced they'll lose due to Shorten's unpopularity.

Ah well yeah I'd be super shocked if Labor won. They have been fucking invisible this whole Liberal run. VIC Labor is going to fuck them over royally over the CFA thing too, I expect quite a few seats will turn in VIC.

Liberals are running against a nothing party. At no point have they had the fire that the Libs had in opposition. They are bland and wishywashy. Seems like the only traction they got this election campaign was lying about Medicare lol.

Shaneus

Managed to get an order in for the Out Run soundtrack on vinyl, both a (hopefully autographed) LE and regular black one. ~$100 all up isn't too bad a price up pay, I suppose.

It was the only one I really wanted, so I'm pretty stoked :D

Quasar

Ah well yeah I'd be super shocked if Labor won. They have been fucking invisible this whole Liberal run. VIC Labor is going to fuck them over royally over the CFA thing too, I expect quite a few seats will turn in VIC.

Liberals are running against a nothing party. At no point have they had the fire that the Libs had in opposition. They are bland and wishywashy. Seems like the only traction they got this election campaign was lying about Medicare lol.

Certainly not my experience of the election so far. Government has stumbled right through the campaign and now are relying on dogwhistles.

dity

Eh, that ain't my experience, but maybe it's because I live in a very pro-Labor area. Constant Labor meat adverts and the Liberals running we're-the-good-guys messages. It's like the opposite to the last election, where Liberal was runningg smear stuff and Labor was trying to be the good guy party.

Quasar

Eh, that ain't my experience, but maybe it's because I live in a very pro-Labor area. Constant Labor meat adverts and the Liberals running we're-the-good-guys messages. It's like the opposite to the last election, where Liberal was runningg smear stuff and Labor was trying to be the good guy party.

I still have yet to see an add for the local Liberal candidate, assuming there is one.

dity

I just realised I was so tired I typed "Labor meat adverts" and I was very confused by what I meant. I'm now imagining Shorten advertising meats.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Greens is Bulbasaur, Labor is Charmander, Liberal is Diglett.

We had a garage sale yesterday, quite the experience. Like a plague of locusts descending fighting each other for the best stuff!

Also, 3 separate people showed up armed only with $100 notes! Can't remember the last time I saw one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom