• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about buying those Steam codes from the bts thread, and if when you purchase $100 do you get the full $100usd in your wallet or do they do a weird exchange rate thing? I've heard that if you buy codes locally you get a reduced amount, as in a $20 code (which they charge $29 for) only puts $14 in your steam wallet.... That sounds dodgy.

Pandemic

Hey guys, is anyone familiar with buying iTunes movies/TV shows?

I'm thinking of buying a TV season off iTunes, but I'd rather store it on my portable hard drive to save room on my laptop.

Is it easy as dragging the files from iTunes to the hard drive?

Is that possible or are iTunes against it?

r1chard

Goddamn rookie mistake. Moved to the border between electorates, wasn't paying attention, went to the wrong poll place. Lovely lady theres was totally understanding tho, which was nice. Bought extra #democracysausage to make up for it.

Quasar

Voted.

A bit sad I couldn't include a vote for the Brick as I don't live in Queensland.

Really should have taken a cheat sheet to know which minor parties I could preference in the senate.

Does anyone know about buying those Steam codes from the bts thread, and if when you purchase $100 do you get the full $100usd in your wallet or do they do a weird exchange rate thing? I've heard that if you buy codes locally you get a reduced amount, as in a $20 code (which they charge $29 for) only puts $14 in your steam wallet.... That sounds dodgy.

I bought $100 from ebgames for AUD$136 or so and got all US$100 in my steam account.

When you buy a Steam card locally from supermarkets etc, you pay the face value in local currency (eg. $50AUD), and when you register it to your account it converts it to USD based on the current exchange rate.

There are (or were?) places where you could ask for $50USD and they'd charge the appropriate amount in AUD at the time of purchase.

Not sure about the specifics of the BTS thread, however.

Rezbit

Went to go and vote, line was snaking off down the road, bought a sausage and left. Democracy in action.

I will go back later though, my station is close.

The smell of cooking snags tempted me when I went to vote. Saw the menu board, read the menu listing of "sausage in bread" and made my silent protest in the form of not buying one.

Deeku

I voted too!

I don't remember there being so many random parties. The science party looked promising with the tetris block but then I saw it was science/cyclists...lol

dity

Well, I went and had two sausage sandwiches and a lemonade. I put numbers on a piece of paper too, but I couldn't find the Sausage Sizzle party. Disappointed.

Got my democracy sausages today. The voting bit sucked though. Surely in 2016 we can come up with a better system than everyone lining up to get our names ticked off by some old duck.

dity

Got my democracy sausages today. The voting bit sucked though. Surely in 2016 we can come up with a better system than everyone lining up to get our names ticked off by some old duck.
Get rid of the paper and replace it with an old man selling sausage sandwiches. Should be mandatory next election. Each party sells sausages and by the end of the day the party with the most $2 coins wins.

dity

you won't have to think about it once they build our quantum supercomputer in that charter city they're banging on about

We'll be able to turn Australia into a computer superdome where we're all hooked up to the quantum supercomputer and living in a perfect digital world, our bodies kept alive by sausage rolls pumped directly into the jugular.

Ban Puncher

7563898-3x2-940x627.jpg

hirokazu

I voted too!

I don't remember there being so many random parties. The science party looked promising with the tetris block but then I saw it was science/cyclists...lol
Science Party looks like they have some pretty good policies to me. Not sure about their charter city, but everything else I can agree with.

Fusebox

Banned
Do they have a big problem with immigrants in QLD? Or is like the EU referendum where the suburbs with no immigrants all think immigrants are the source of all their problems.

We don't have a problem with immigration in Queensland but it's because of the hard work of true blue aussie legends like that top sheila Pauline that we don't.

And we want to keep it that way.

Quasar

Do they have a big problem with immigrants in QLD? Or is like the EU referendum where the suburbs with no immigrants all think immigrants are the source of all their problems.

The latter. In the 90s she ran against asian migrants. This time she ran with the islamaphobia crowd. Same policies just different target group.

Amusingly she moved to UK in between and came back due to too many migrants.

Quasar

We don't have a problem with immigration in Queensland but it's because of the hard work of true blue aussie legends like that top sheila Pauline that we don't.

And we want to keep it that way.

Looks like you will have two one nation, plus katter. Queensland.

The place I voted didnt even have a sausage sizzle. I've been robbed of deliciousness.
Same, lucky for us big business will never let us down! Commerce sausages at Bunnings were delightful. They also had balloons and colouring sheets for the kids, along with their usual free cuppa soups. Bunnings rocks.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Same, lucky for us big business will never let us down! Commerce sausages at Bunnings were delightful. They also had balloons and colouring sheets for the kids, along with their usual free cuppa soups. Bunnings rocks.

There's no bunnings in my teensy town either :(

Oh well I'll just have my own sausage sizzle. With blackjack and hookers.

Hey any pointers in trying to get data from a failed HDD? It's a laptop HDD, when connected up it will eventually start flashing a blue light continually. Doesn't show up in Disk Management.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hey any pointers in trying to get data from a failed HDD? It's a laptop HDD, when connected up it will eventually start flashing a blue light continually. Doesn't show up in Disk Management.

It's dead.

If you really want to try. Put it into an external case if you have one. You can try running getdataback to see if it finds the drive and pull data that way.

Otherwise, $$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom