• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Nah, I bet everyone on the street you're building on would give you a "fuck you, got mine" attitude because the building process annoys them and you'd be stuck with decades old copper.

Well that isnt a concern I dont think unless I was trying for that group discount as part of the program.

MoonGred

Has anyone tried using the steam controller in the witcher 3? I've tried multiple configs but it just doesn't work, the button mapping doesn't seem to match up and the left joystick only works in menu but won't allow me to move. For some reason my steam overlay refuses to work in the witcher 3 as well.

Anyone who bought The Division still playing it? It lost a big chunk of player-base within a few weeks of release and hasn't been able to bring back players with the subsequent updates.

Anyone who bought The Division still playing it? It lost a big chunk of player-base within a few weeks of release and hasn't been able to bring back players with the subsequent updates.
I treated it like a single player game, once my awesome time with the story was done I haven't picked it up again. I don't have a life balance that suits service games so they are one and done for me.

Rezbit

I treated it like a single player game, once my awesome time with the story was done I haven't picked it up again. I don't have a life balance that suits service games so they are one and done for me.

Same, I enjoyed my 30-something hours playing the main content and occasionally grouping up with people for missions. Not enough end-game there to hook me in as a regular player at the expense of other games.

MoonGred

Is it the Steam or GOG version? Either way, you should launch the game through Steam, and preferably through Big Picture mode.

Steam version. The game is acting all kinds of weird, I for the life of me can't get the steam overlay to pop up either in desktop or big picture mode. I'd do a clean install if the game wasn't so damn large.

Same, I enjoyed my 30-something hours playing the main content and occasionally grouping up with people for missions. Not enough end-game there to hook me in as a regular player at the expense of other games.

Yeah it's a loot based game, trying hard to be like diablo. I still have friends who play it every day so I log on a fair bit to grind for loot and enhance my build.

Was wondering if you bought the season pass or know someone who did and stopped playing? I'm trying to find it as a reasonable price, the PSN store is still selling it for $59.99 which is way too much.

What's everyone's experience with this Pokemon Go craze? I've never seen anything like this before. I got my wife onto it this morning before we headed out for our usual Sunday walk. There were people everywhere playing, chatting, setting lures for everyone to use. We even saw a dad with his two sons walking around to find some rare Mons.

It continued tonight, someone put a lure down near our local beach and I swear 20-30 people showed up, some walking, others pulling up in cars.... Wtf is happening?

Jintor

it's great because the accepted wisdom is that as a game it's a bit shit but as a social phenom it seems pretty amazing.

I'd like to see if it lasts more than a couple of weeks before really grappling with it.

But if I'm being honest, I think it's pretty cool.

Quasar

What's everyone's experience with this Pokemon Go craze? I've never seen anything like this before. I got my wife onto it this morning before we headed out for our usual Sunday walk. There were people everywhere playing, chatting, setting lures for everyone to use. We even saw a dad with his two sons walking around to find some rare Mons.

I have no exposure for the most part, aside from online forums like this. Though I imagine some of my former ingress folks have tried it out.

Still wondering how different it is to ingress.

If it supported Android N I'd give it a try.

Cerity

The whole thing is pretty nuts, I was out and about tonight playing it. Bunch of pokestops with lures were overlapping and we went to check it out. Probably a good 150-200 people all doing the same thing.

dity

My little suburb is pretty active with Pokemon Go too. In fact there's two lures set about 5 minutes walk from here. There's even a gym and Pokestop at the end of my road. It's cool.

Our workplace is a Gym and so we get a lot of people just off the streets clearly playing the game and staying to actually buy food, so I guess it's good for business.

Yeah, Pokemon Go is crazy. This is my first experience with an AR game and the concept is pure genius. It helps that I've been partial to Pokemon since Red/Blue back in the day... but haven't actually played a game since then!

The game itself is sort of janky, but the core concept is amazing.

I have a stop that I can access from my house, and another from my desk at work so... winning?

Pokemon Go is revolutionary, people. I believe that it's the first, and only, video game (console, PC, mobile) where you'll encounter an actual dead person by playing it. And people were afraid that Nintendo's mobile offerings would be safe and rote...

Pokemon Go is revolutionary, people. I believe that it's the first, and only, video game (console, PC, mobile) where you'll encounter an actual dead person by playing it. And people were afraid that Nintendo's mobile offerings would be safe and rote...

It could be much better as a game though... this is only the beginning. But yeah, talk about a winning concept!

Jintor

people pointed out it's really funny the overly cautious, safe nintendo is pushing a game where you go out and meet strangers in weird locations

Quasar

Well besides any other phone based AR game.

Well besides any other phone based AR game.

This is a lot of peoples first real exposure to AR. I've never played an AR based game for example, and I literally spend all day on this forum.

The combination of having a known property, with good word of mouth means this is going places.

I work at a uni, and at lunch time I came across 3 groups of people just roaming around playing. There aren't even any classes going on at the moment... I can only imagine how big it will be once semester 2 starts up. Never seen anything like this before.

jambo

So did anyone here go on any of the Pokemon GO walks?

Looks like Perth, Sydney and Adelaide all had them on the weekend.

My son has one more day of school holidays so he's out today giving Pokémon Go a shot.

Saw zero people today playing it so I expect it will get some more love this weekend and then drop off. Was cool to see it hit the mainstream though.

Gazunta

Walked through the city today while running errands, hundreds of people playing it. This thing has legs. Taking over and defending local turf is brilliant.

I need some help taking down the gym that's located at my day job office

jambo

I don't know if you can say something has legs when you're talking about its popularity 5 days after it came out =P

dity

I finally managed to reach level 5 even though I've only left the house once since the game released. All the Pokemon at the local gyms are way too strong lol.

jambo

I will say one thing about Pokemon GO.

The reach so far has been impressive. When Miitomo came out, the only people I knew playing it were people really in to Nintendo and almost all on Twitter.

But when I was out at lunch today, a group of business women walked past, heading down to the mall. Normally those groups would be talking about the weekend or a meeting at work, but today they were all talking about what Pokemon they had caught and if there were any around.

It took me a while to realize you were talking about pokemon go.

same. kids people in their 30s. who knew?

In a non-pokemon go post. I blasted through PS4 Ratchet and Clank over the weekend. It does improve after you get over the changes at the start. I wouldn't say its a must play unless you liked the original PS2 games or its insanely cheap. It's also cheap in terms of killing you, stingy checkpoints and frustrating in places. The bits where they re-wrote dialogue to make jokes about social media just seem shoehorned in. Despite the visual spit and shine there were too many instances of control and gameplay issues- grindrail controls that required sharp response but were just loose as fuck, trying to change weapons whilst being attacked, not enough checkpoints, etc.

eh. Might avoid games at home for a bit. Taking a day off an going down to London to Star Wars Celebration on Friday. Might fire up BC Fallout New Vegas and start that on the weekend.

I spent most of the day in bed with a cold and played Tactics Ogre through watery eyes.

Now my wife gets home and is asking me what this whole Pokémon thing is about. Her question was "What's a piggy and why has this guy on Facebook taken a picture of it while his wife was in labour and shared it for the whole world to see?" It took me a little while to work out that she'd just misread the word "Pidgey".

MoonGred

same. kids people in their 30s. who knew?

In a non-pokemon go post. I blasted through PS4 Ratchet and Clank over the weekend. It does improve after you get over the changes at the start. I wouldn't say its a must play unless you liked the original PS2 games or its insanely cheap. It's also cheap in terms of killing you, stingy checkpoints and frustrating in places. The bits where they re-wrote dialogue to make jokes about social media just seem shoehorned in. Despite the visual spit and shine there were too many instances of control and gameplay issues- grindrail controls that required sharp response but were just loose as fuck, trying to change weapons whilst being attacked, not enough checkpoints, etc.

eh. Might avoid games at home for a bit. Taking a day off an going down to London to Star Wars Celebration on Friday. Might fire up BC Fallout New Vegas and start that on the weekend.

Or maybe you should get Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

I honestly have no idea how to play Pokemon Go and I've wasted 90% of my Pokeballs just flicking them in the general direction of whatever I'm trying to catch. I'm going to read a guide so I know what I'm doing.

On my lunch break I had a group of four adults stop in front of me "stop stop I want this Sandshrew" Then two grown ass adults crossing a zebra crossing without looking up.

How do I set up a Pokestop at my house? Our lease ends shortly and I want to set up a stop so people come by all of the time.

MoonGred

so totally the opposite of a game I would play but thanks for the suggestion. see also: currently no Wii U

Haha fair enough. I'm not a jrpg fan but am fond of it for some reason, a bit too much jpop. But yea buying a wii u wouldn't be the best investment.

In all seriousness if you ever feel like something small and weird you should give "dead end road" a crack it's only 3usd on steam and will run on your work laptop.

It's crazy on the streets with Pokemon. I ran into 5 people playing it on my 5 minute walk to the gym. I'm sort of in shock at how bizarre this all is and how quickly it's taken off.

It's crazy on the streets with Pokemon. I ran into 5 people playing it on my 5 minute walk to the gym. I'm sort of in shock at how bizarre this all is and how quickly it's taken off.

I was watching the Rugby League earlier and even the commentators were going on about it!

Deeku

I will say one thing about Pokemon GO.

The reach so far has been impressive. When Miitomo came out, the only people I knew playing it were people really in to Nintendo and almost all on Twitter.

But when I was out at lunch today, a group of business women walked past, heading down to the mall. Normally those groups would be talking about the weekend or a meeting at work, but today they were all talking about what Pokemon they had caught and if there were any around.
Yeah, and it's been covered to shit on business news networks and newspapers cos of the 20%+ surge in the nintendo's stock.

Is it actually good? Jeff from GB didn't exactly make it sound too hot

Jintor

Yeah, and it's been covered to shit on business news networks and newspapers cos of the 20%+ surge in the nintendo's stock.

Is it actually good? Jeff from GB didn't exactly make it sound too hot

dunno, it sounds kinda rubbish really. But I think it's got potential.

It's the dream of it that's good.

I like stock market news because it makes it really obvious that stock markets are also another form of selling dreams, except you can actually boom or bust off it if you're quick on the draw.

Cerity

The game is alright in it's current state. I think people just need to be aware that it's version 0.29.0 (I'm guessing that's what the numbers in the setting menu are anyway), so a super early version.

I can see the hype dying down a lot in the next couple weeks as Niantic focuses on releasing the game in other countries (and dealing with the server load). People are going to catch all the common and uncommon pokemon and start to lose interest as it takes longer and longer between the rarer monsters and evolves. Gym battles are pretty bad and there's not much to the game outside just catching and battling gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom