• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get more disgusting that this Vegemite beer

7735690-3x4-340x453.jpg
I remember hearing an urban legend that Vegemite was originally invented by a brewer using leftover yeast. If that's in any way true, using Vegemite to make beer is like a GAF->Internet->GAF cycle.

Loving NMS. Nice and cruisy exploring game. My wife is nuts about it. We share info and tips and cool experiences.

Yeah, it's clicking with me as a relaxing way to while away the hours. I'll probably only get to play for another a week or so before I go away for a fortnight and I'll have Deus Ex when I get back. In the meantime, this is just what I need.
It's a bit repetitive but it's perfect when you have some show you blasting through a TV show you want to see but not enough to watch it normally. My playlist is the most recent seasons of Halt and Catch Fire and Gotham.

You'll probably get a sore arse until your butt/bones in your pelvis until you get used to the seat.

Sounds like your peddling cadence is a little high if you don't feel like you're going anywhere with all the effort. Basic rule of thumb: high cadence taxes your cardiovascular system while low cadence taxes the muscles/joints.

not too bad today, but I can definitely feel the bit where I sit on the saddle. STill trying to work out the gears but thankfully there's less traffic around ATM since so many people are off on summer holiday. Lots of bike lanes between work and home helps.

tl;dr my anus!

I'll try it.... Once.

Now that I'm at it; Any dishes/drinks I really should try while I'm there? The date is getting closer and closer =)

I love vegemite (not so much as a drink) but I really, really wouldn't recommend trying it as an adult. It truly is an acquired taste. It's best used spread on a sandwich or on toast (best with butter only though some like vegemite and cheese).

it's very salty and bitter. If you know of a deli or a supermarket where you are that has lots of foreign foods, you might find a small jar of it to try (or marmite, which is relatively close but far more available in Europe).

this is an excellent primer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezh7KjVMf0M

Paasei

I love vegemite (not so much as a drink) but I really, really wouldn't recommend trying it as an adult. It truly is an acquired taste. It's best used spread on a sandwich or on toast (best with butter only though some like vegemite and cheese).

it's very salty and bitter. If you know of a deli or a supermarket where you are that has lots of foreign foods, you might find a small jar of it to try (or marmite, which is relatively close but far more available in Europe).

this is an excellent primer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezh7KjVMf0M

Hmm okay. Thought it should be good to try if you do so like you said. A small amount spread on toast and with butter. I guess that most people (tourists) do it wrong and spread it as if it's peanutbutter.

Go to a hardware store on a weekend and enjoy the sausage sizzle

Haha, well I will keep that in mind then.

Recreat3

Vegemite + egg + cheese on toast is really delicious.

New here AusGaf. Good to finally get my membership accepted! Currently reside in Sydney.

Quasar

So Sony finally turned on 2FA for PSN, albeit a old fashioned form. Seems to work, at least with my Australian account.

So Sony finally turned on 2FA for PSN, albeit a old fashioned form. Seems to work, at least with my Australian account.
Yeah I just enabled it on mine too.

At least this will stop all of the poor saps who are reusing user/pass combos that have already been compromised (via breaches at other sites) from making threads about it on GAF when their PSN accounts get hijacked, and blaming Sony.

I don't mind the new shapes. I think you guys all overreacted.

The basic rule of thumb is if you are replacing an existing product, the new version has to be better. I have yet to meet a single person who thinks new Shapes are better than the old style, so that makes them a failure.

Fredescu

My 5yo son is already very specific about how his Vegemite toast is made. If the toast has cooled down to the point where the butter won't melt, it's game over, start again. Good lad.

As an American, I really enjoy Vegemite. I probably load more on then most of you bastids too. Haha

No this post proves you are in fact Australian mate :)

My 5yo son is already very specific about how his Vegemite toast is made. If the toast has cooled down to the point where the butter won't melt, it's game over, start again. Good lad.

#GoodParenting. Conversely my older brother is a freak that waits for the toast to cool before applying the marg/butter so it does NOT melt. I used to love my brother.

Dead Man

My girlfriend waits for the toast to cool before buttering it. For everything. Almost broke up with her when I found that out.

No this post proves you are in fact Australian mate :)

#GoodParenting. Conversely my older brother is a freak that waits for the toast to cool before applying the marg/butter so it does NOT melt. I used to love my brother.

I thought I was alone in knowing that pain...

if the toast pops and you don't get to buttering it in time, you can always just pop it in for another few seconds to get a bit of heat on it so you can butter properly.

Dead Man, she's no good for yo :p

Recreat3

There's a burger place in sydney that does a vegemite mayo. I have not tried it but i am intrigued. If i remember the name pf the place ill edit this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom