• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radaxian

Nothing decent in Newcastle that I can tell. When I lived in Sydney I had options, but up here not so much.

I built a new (6700k/Z170/GTX 1070) based PC a month or two ago, I ended up ordering some parts from pccasegear and buying locally in Newcastle from DComp Mayfield. I found DComp had prices matching/beating pccasegear for a bunch of the components and I got my CPU, motherboard, Win10 and 1 or 2 other things from them. Their prices were pretty decent for the parts they actually stocked that I wanted - worth a look.

Reminds me, I installed a Corsair h100iv2 water cooler but still haven't actually overclocked the 6700K as what I originally had working failed to post after I enabled the XMP profile on my RAM. Can't get motivated to figure it all out when everything runs so well already... one day I'll find a guide that is a good match for my setep.

jambo

I found like 20GB of hidden acestream cache files on my SSD with it.

I just had a similar thing with mIRC. It stopped working about a month ago and I couldn't work out what was wrong. Even re-installing it would just result in the same freezing when attempting to launch it.

Turns out it had somehow generated 141 GB of status log files in the AppData folder under my user account.

There were technical issues with the Skype call, so the interview ended up being over the phone.

Man, I shaved, combed my hair, wore pants and cleaned up the house for nothing!

I wear pants normally, people. That was a joke.

The phone interview happened in the nick of time too, since I appear to be losing my voice.

Dead Man

getting old :(
Nonsense. The fact that I will be joining you at that number in a week or so has no bearing on this post.
https://windirstat.info/ WinDirStat is a pretty good program for finding out what is clogging up your shit and where it might be.
Well this is a great thing. Been scrounging space on my ssd for too long, be nice to have a decent look at what is taking up all my room.
nope, you've just joined the ranks of the elite. gratz.

When I 'levelled up,' I debated changing my handle from ClivePwned to CliveRekt.
Do you think it's worth trying to get my tag updated lol.

Cerity

There were technical issues with the Skype call, so the interview ended up being over the phone.

Man, I shaved, combed my hair, wore pants and cleaned up the house for nothing!

I wear pants normally, people. That was a joke.

The phone interview happened in the nick of time too, since I appear to be losing my voice.

The couple of skype interviews I've been in have all been pretty weird feeling. I clean up the office, shave, do my hair up fancy and put a nice jacket/shirt/tie combo. The interview starts and the interview is taking place in their staff lunchroom? or the interviewer is at home in a t-shirt and shorts? Or the interviewer is taking the video call on his phone in his office?

Maybe it's the places I've been applying too.

mulac

So what do we reckon PS4 Slim & Neo Aussie pricing will look like?

Clearly we will as usual get screwed over in $$ so I'm going to guess:

Slim = $450
Neo = $600

Rizzi

Slim = $450
Neo = $600

$500 for the slim and $750 for the Neo.
Also woo, PC parts dispatched. Gonna build me a new PC.

jambo

I assume the Slim will be the same price as current PS4s, so $450 for 500GB and $500 for 1TB.

Neo would probably be around $650-$700.

Quasar

Slim = $450
Neo = $600

Well that slim price isnt bad if its 299 in the US. With a 399 Neo...599 would be pretty cheap given a straight conversion plus gst is 583.

senahorse

Does anyone have any recommendations for free hard drive utility software?
My C drive seems pretty full for what I've got installed and I've got no clue what's clogging it up.

Congrats Parity!
old man!

Wearing a shirt, tie and jacket newscaster style in the end. The jacket makes me look less awkwardly huge in the camera frame.

I also moved my furniture around so I could manipulate the lighting and background in the room.

Happy birthday!

Grats man, hope you have a fun day!

My wife wants to go to a petting zoo for her bday and I am totally cool with that. Looking to buy a cat next year. Will get it from the animal shelter.

It's ok 40 is the new 30.

Happy Birthday Parity, welcome to the 40s club ;-)

nope, you've just joined the ranks of the elite. gratz.

When I 'levelled up,' I debated changing my handle from ClivePwned to CliveRekt.

Nonsense. The fact that I will be joining you at that number in a week or so has no bearing on this post.

Well this is a great thing. Been scrounging space on my ssd for too long, be nice to have a decent look at what is taking up all my room.

Thanks all for birthday wishes :D, I would have replied earlier but I was tired and needed to have a nap /oldmanroutine

Still in my 20's over here!

Get off my lawn whippersnapper

Gazunta

Slim = $450
Neo = $600

Ahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

PS3 came out at $1000 around the similar exchange rate (actually, when PS3 launched here in March 2007, the Aussie Dollar was actually a few cents stronger than it is now)

I think we're all going to be disappointed with how expensive Neo and Scorpio will be at launch. This time around, the budget option will be current and new slimline versions of PS4a and XB1a. You can pay 350-400 for a system that will play PS4/X1 games or you can pay how ever much Neo/Scorpio will be for the high end versions.

well, its funny how some of the tags long term members are saddled with would probably get you banned on Neogaf today.

Quasar

What was the point xchange rate when ps4 launched? It was 549 locally when the US was 399.

Edit:Ahh around 94 cents. So yeah...I expect the Neo to be 649....maybe 699.

What was the point xchange rate when ps4 launched? It was 549 locally when the US was 399.

Edit:Ahh around 94 cents. So yeah...I expect the Neo to be 649....maybe 699.

yeah, always remember than in the US, Sales Tax is not included in prices so there was a smaller differential between US X1 and AU X1 prices, but there was a not insubstantial Sonyland tax.

Sony doing well? we're all doomed as far as launch price. Maybe the price of PSVR will be a good indicator. Either way, we'll know in a week.

senahorse

Happy (late) birthday!

dude I'm only 21 and fell asleep while sitting upright this arvo
and was almost late for work

Happy birthday Parity!

The best thing about hitting 40 is the wonderful realisation that you no longer give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of you.

I love you guys please accept me

Thanks for the advice about setting up a US PSN account, I have spent a good chunk of the last week playing Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo and man do I love that game.

ALSO! I have launched a Kickstarter for the next issue of my retrogaming comic book! Please check it out!

Thanks guys :)

hey im 27 and i had an nap today

You are already dead 40

They offered me the job!

I'll have to go in for a medical on Monday and it starts in just under two weeks.

FIFO, mind you, but the company seems to have a good culture, which can make all the difference in the world. And it's steady work for five months, which I won't turn my nose up to.

I've spent the past year as a stay at home dad, doing odd consulting jobs, but mostly having my son with me for most of the day. I've spent a lot of quality time with my wife as well and, well being away from them is going to be tough. I know we can manage. We've done it before. Our families are very supportive.

It's still going to hurt to say goodbye.

They offered me the job!

I'll have to go in for a medical on Monday and it starts in just under two weeks.

FIFO, mind you, but the company seems to have a good culture, which can make all the difference in the world. And it's steady work for five months, which I won't turn my nose up to.

I've spent the past year as a stay at home dad, doing odd consulting jobs, but mostly having my son with me for most of the day. I've spent a lot of quality time with my wife as well and, well being away from them is going to be tough. I know we can manage. We've done it before. Our families are very supportive.

Congratulations! A good loving family can withstand anything. Best of luck with new job. :)

Regarding the Neo, I haven't even speculated on the price yet considering we don't really know exactly how powerful/premium this thing will be. Hope it isn't any more than $600, that'd put it in 'save up for' territory and I might lean more towards upgrading my PC instead. We'll see come the 8th!

Deeku

smile on me too! need to get out of my current rut!

congrats vks, happy for you since you've been on the hunt for so long :D

They offered me the job!

Congrats!

Xenoblade

Hi all,

I'm on old school gamer going back to the SNES days. I was hoping to meet up with like-minded people from Perth for some gaming sessions and discussion about current gaming topics. Anyone interested? Shoot me a PM if so.

They offered me the job!

Gratz. Stoked for you. I know the hurt of being out of full time work for an extended period and what it does to you.

Jintor, if there's a Job God, he's often a total cuntbag.

senahorse

They offered me the job!

Great news, good luck :)

mulac

So if I wanted to hypothetically SELL my Surface Pro 4 i5 256GB tablet simply because i dont use the damn thing...where is the best place?

I'd rather avoid ebay for electronics because ive been burned there before - CEX in a Westfield maybe?

Or if someone here is interested of course...

MoonGred

So if I wanted to hypothetically SELL my Surface Pro 4 i5 256GB tablet simply because i dont use the damn thing...where is the best place?

I'd rather avoid ebay for electronics because ive been burned there before - CEX in a Westfield maybe?

Overclockers au has a decent buy and sell section. You have to be a member for 2 months to access it though.

N0VAM0D

That is normal behaviour for a 21 year old, always sleeping and being late for work!

I'm usually better than this, I swear! Hahaha.

They offered me the job!

Aw, congrats vks! From what I remember you've been looking for a while so it's fantastic to hear you've found somewhere!

Likely out of my price range but how much you looking to get for it?

I really need to keep an eye out for someone upgrading from 3 to 4!

senahorse

Arcanum
Caesar 3 & 4
Gabriel Knight
Gabriel Knight II
Gabriel Knight 3(D)
Geometry Wars 3
King's Quest Collection
New King's Quest
Phantasmagoria
Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
Police Quest Collection
Quest for Glory 1-5
Shiftlings
Space Quest Collection
TimeShift
Velocity 2x

In case anyone hasn't seen, Humble Bundle are doing a Sierra bundle, you can get the entire lot above for $20USD (all Steam keys), a nice chunk of my childhood gaming in there :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle

Recreat3

What sort of price are you looking at?

jambo

They offered me the job!

Awesome news on the job!!!

My wife has a similar adjustment when she finally went back to post time work after having our son. I was "lucky" in that I only had a few weeks of and got used to not seeing as much of him.

Paasei

Turned out my profession was on the SOL this year. Fingers crossed I might score (enough) points to get a more... secure visa.

We'll see how it turns out. 14th is nearby, starting to get excited now.

quabba

I think I remember soemone here looking for a cheap Vita, does anyone know where to get a cheap slim? My oled Vita is having problems charging so I'm thinking of replacing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom