• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
job god did not smile on me, knocked back after second round interview :(
That happened to me every other month for about a year. It sucks and there are no prizes for second place. Sorry :(

Just remember that QTAC applications are due at the end of the month, but most postgraduate stuff is done directly through the uni and close about a month before classes start. You'll probably be more interested in postgraduate stuff, but don't forget to look at QTAC. If you want to pack it all in and become a high school teacher, next year is the last time you can do it before they change the grade diploma in education to a two year course and that's through QTAC.

Brutal. Just got told by the manager that the University is planning on centralising a bunch of stuff next year, so my job future is totally uncertain. Part of it is implementing the IBM Watson chat bot. Damn machines taking our jobs!

I'm an Aussie using a US PSN account. Normally buy my PS+ codes from Amazon but is there anywhere you can get them cheaper and not require a US / other country payment method? Seems incredibly easy to buy Xbox Gold anywhere in the world but not PS+

If I can't find an alternative soon I'll probably just pick up a couple from Amazon before the price increase. I use a fake US address with a local Visa card and works fine on Amazon.

I'm an Aussie using a US PSN account. Normally buy my PS+ codes from Amazon but is there anywhere you can get them cheaper and not require a US / other country payment method? Seems incredibly easy to buy Xbox Gold anywhere in the world but not PS+

If I can't find an alternative soon I'll probably just pick up a couple from Amazon before the price increase. I use a fake US address with a local Visa card and works fine on Amazon.

I get my PSN cards etc from here: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

They have sales and things from time to time. Usually a few bucks above the actual conversion rate, but the convenience makes it worthwhile for me.

I get my PSN cards etc from here: http://www.pcgamesupply.com/

They have sales and things from time to time. Usually a few bucks above the actual conversion rate, but the convenience makes it worthwhile for me.

about that

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=215403738&highlight=#post215403738

kinda urks me a little when this comes up am i missing somthing here like is the extra charges on top decided by payment type ? throught amazon was a bit cheaper based on that ..............

I have no issues at all using Amazon, but I was hoping to save a few bucks buying through an alternative source rather then full RRP.

I'm trying to use:

http://www.saugagamers.com/product/playstation-plus-12-month-subscription-card-digital-delivery

As you can get a 12 month PS+ membership sent via Digital delivery for $43.99 USD or two for even cheaper with a promo code WINNING. However my payment via PayPal isn't working for some reason (although I believe it's a separate issue as I couldn't do it on another site the other day).

about that

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=215403738&highlight=#post215403738

kinda urks me a little when this comes up am i missing somthing here like is the extra charges on top decided by payment type ? throught amazon was a bit cheaper based on that ..............

Yeah, it's more expensive based on the BS "activation fee". But they let you pay through Paypal, so it's a paying extra for convenience thing I guess. I've hit them a few times when they have sales (10% off usually)

Omerta

Hi guys... Long shot, but does anyone know of a good place to source retro consoles in the Brisbane area?

I'm looking to fill in the holes that I've creating from selling every console that I've ever owned - now I have enough space to show them off again, I need to re-buy them.

Any suggestions?

Hi guys... Long shot, but does anyone know of a good place to source retro consoles in the Brisbane area?

I'm looking to fill in the holes that I've creating from selling every console that I've ever owned - now I have enough space to show them off again, I need to re-buy them.

Any suggestions?

Try Gazunta here. he was trying to clear out his man cave of old
useless C64 shit because C64's were shit
and other retro stuff.

that reminds me you cant get C64
consoles
( computers) these days with out paying an arm and a leg i suppose ? a friend wants one..............

Decent price using CAN codes on US account

Stackboy

So hyped for my new PC this weekend! Lexi talked me into a 1070, but I didn't need much convincing.

Specs:

ASUS S1151 ATX Z170-AR DDR4 Motherboard
5TB WD 3.5" 5400rpm SATA 6Gb/s Green HDD PN WD50EZRX
250GB Samsung 2.5" 750 EVO Series SATA 6Gb/s SSD Drive PN MZ-750250BW
DDR4 16GB (2x8G) Corsair 2400MHz Vengeance LPX BLACK RAM PN CMK16GX4M2A2400C14
ASUS 24x DRW-24D5MT DVD Writer OEM
Corsair ATX Carbide 400R Case Black (No PSU) PN CC9011011-WW
650 Watt Aerocool VX-650 Power Supply
Intel S1151 Core i5 6500 3.2GHz Quad Core CPU PN BX80662I56500
MSI GTX1070 8GB ARMOR OC PCIe Video Card PN GTX1070 ARMOR 8G OC

mulac

So hyped for my new PC this weekend! Lexi talked me into a 1070, but I didn't need much convincing.

Specs:

ASUS S1151 ATX Z170-AR DDR4 Motherboard
5TB WD 3.5" 5400rpm SATA 6Gb/s Green HDD PN WD50EZRX
250GB Samsung 2.5" 750 EVO Series SATA 6Gb/s SSD Drive PN MZ-750250BW
DDR4 16GB (2x8G) Corsair 2400MHz Vengeance LPX BLACK RAM PN CMK16GX4M2A2400C14
ASUS 24x DRW-24D5MT DVD Writer OEM
Corsair ATX Carbide 400R Case Black (No PSU) PN CC9011011-WW
650 Watt Aerocool VX-650 Power Supply
Intel S1151 Core i5 6500 3.2GHz Quad Core CPU PN BX80662I56500
MSI GTX1070 8GB ARMOR OC PCIe Video Card PN GTX1070 ARMOR 8G OC

Nice - what drew you to the MSI graphics card?.
I'm mulling over this badboy to upgrade in the next month:

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36307/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-sea-hawk-x-8gb

Also good choice in the Corsair Case - i had that one for a solid 4 years before grabbing a bigger one to tinker/water cool with. Great airflow and looks nice too!

Stackboy

Nice - what drew you to the MSI graphics card?.
I'm mulling over this badboy to upgrade in the next month:

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36307/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-sea-hawk-x-8gb

Also good choice in the Corsair Case - i had that one for a solid 4 years before grabbing a bigger one to tinker/water cool with. Great airflow and looks nice too!

My 980 was an MSI and I've never had any problems with it. Seems like a good brand.

Good to know I made the right choice with the case!

I'd say get a 500GB SSD as Steam games are getting big these days.

SSD is just for the OS, all my games will go on the 5TB HD. Never had a problem doing that.

jambo

Already picked up the parts, pretty happy with my decisions.

We just wanted to give you the full gaming PC purchasing experience.

Step 1: Spend months comparing components, reading reviews and poring over benchmarks until you finally get a full build spec'd

Step 2: Proudly post the specs online

Step 3: Specs get shit on and nitpicked by other PC gamers.

MoonGred

Step 1: Spend months comparing components, reading reviews and poring over benchmarks until you finally get a full build spec'd

Step 4: Regret your purchase after doing some research on said parts.

Step 5: Back to step 1

Step 1: Look at Pccasegear

Step 2: Suffer from indecision paralysis

Step 3: It'll be cheaper in a couple of months, maybe I'll wait a bit.

Step 4: Go to step 1

jambo

Step 1: Look at Pccasegear

Step 2: Suffer from indecision paralysis

Step 3: It'll be cheaper in a couple of months, maybe I'll wait a bit.

Step 4: Go to step 1

My dad was like this when we bough our first HDTV about 10 years ago.

He spent months and months looking at different ones, visiting show rooms and researching online.

He eventually went with a Sony LCD which was a great choice, but I didn't think it required the 9 months of planning.

Deeku

Yeah I do this for practically all electronics purchases. But I've kinda learnt that you should just buy when you need/want it. Like, for me the feeling of waiting things out is worse than having something that's a little inferior.

Omikron

5400 rpm storage drive. Zzzzzzz.

My dad was like this when we bough our first HDTV about 10 years ago.

He spent months and months looking at different ones, visiting show rooms and researching online.

He eventually went with a Sony LCD which was a great choice, but I didn't think it required the 9 months of planning.

As soon as I wrote that, I went to pccasegear and scoped out the 1070 and 1080 pre-builts, then realised I wanted an internal Blu-ray player, started planning the parts out individually and came to the conclusion it will probably be $200 cheaper in November unless the economy tanks!

zRwdMGJ.jpg

Good Value Aussie IMGUR

i dont know why giantbomb is so popular lol

I don't know why you'd want to pay $40 a year for any website, but I do love listening to their E3 streams. I guess if you have lots of commuting/ a job where you can listen to podcasts and such while working/ a lot of time to kill.

They are entertaining characters who don't tend to be total man-babies. Compared to most writers/presenters who get name checked in GAF thread titles as if its supposed to mean something, they have a good pedigree as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to take some time to watch this during work today (UK-based so you'll have to find alternative ways to watch in Aus)
http://dave.uktv.co.uk/dara-o-briains-go-8-bit/article/about-dara-o-briains-go-8-bit/

jambo

I enjoy the personalities at GB and they make me laugh a lot, so I subscribed a few years ago.

I don't know why you'd want to pay $40 a year for any website, but I do love listening to their E3 streams. I guess if you have lots of commuting/ a job where you can listen to podcasts and such while working/ a lot of time to kill.

Only reason I can get through the weekly GB podcasts is thanks to 60-80 minutes on the train each day.

Plus I have my own office at work, so I can listen to the podcast if I'm not too busy.

Well shit...

Pj28BQJ.jpg

They are entertaining characters who don't tend to be total man-babies. Compared to most writers/presenters who get name checked in GAF thread titles as if its supposed to mean something, they have a good pedigree as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, fair enough at all this. I do a $5 a month on Patreon to Videogamer because I enjoy their videos/podcasts a lot, and all I really get is an earlier and slightly longer podcast.

Recreat3

Is that gaynetto a real thing?

Anyone know where to buy good american cheddar in sydney or surrounding suburbs. Need some for my burger creations. Tried harris farm and they had some one time but every other time it was sold out. Need some sort of american food specialty shop

Jintor

i pay because i want more content and $40 a year is not a lot considering i listen/watch literally hundreds of hours of gb content a year

wait deek when did your name change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom