• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
sure ill test it. how often do you want feedback and stuff?

Probably not too often. Maybe just initial impressions + a week later (if you're still using it).

I'll send out links to everyone who emailed when I get in to work. Thanks everyone who's taking time out of their life to doof around with my thing. :D

Quasar

Who's your provider for NBN and how much are the 50/20 and 100/40 plans?

I'm currently on TPG paying $90/m 50/20 Unlimited but it's a legacy plan now. I was previously on $90/m 100/40 before I moved house but those plans cost $100/m at most ISPs now.

I've been using AussieBroadband. I've not seen a single hint of peak congestion, which i put down to them not offering any unlimited plans.

I've been on a 50/20 500Gb plan for $70, and the 100/40 500Gb is $75.

Arksy

Can confirm, PS4 Pro will be 559 on launch, which is the same day as the PS4VR...which is the 13th of oct IIRC. I had to put the signs up today while my co-worker complained that the stats are just the same and that it's just an overclocked PS4.

senahorse

Can confirm, PS4 Pro will be 559 on launch, which is the same day as the PS4VR...which is the 13th of oct IIRC. I had to put the signs up today while my co-worker complained that the stats are just the same and that it's just an overclocked PS4.

I thought the PS4 Pro was out in November?

mulac

This Friday:

• PS4 Slim in stores
  • Picking up new GTX 1060 card
  • Going to try my luck to grab an iphone 7 plus in black + iphone 7 in rose (for wife)
  • Bioshock Remastered released
F** this is an expensive week...

Stackboy

Feels great doesn't it?
I finally got mine the other month.
Doom was the first game I got to really give it a good run on and it was awesome.

It's like I'm playing different games. The draw distance on JC3, F4 and Witcher 3 are all insane!

Where do you work Arksy? Not stalking, honest. Just curious.

Am I the only one hyped for Forza Horizon 3 next week?

jambo

This Friday:

• PS4 Slim in stores
  • Picking up new GTX 1060 card
  • Going to try my luck to grab an iphone 7 plus in black + iphone 7 in rose (for wife)
  • Bioshock Remastered released
F** this is an expensive week...

Why bother with the slim?

senahorse

Yep sorry you're right, got mixed up. My bad...although the signs are a bit silly then...get a ps4 pro with your VR. Grr.

All good, just thought I missed something :)

I am hyped, but no PC demo (at least yet) sucks, I want to play next week but then need to spend $140 for the privilege, should probably wait for some PC port impressions.

jambo

I'm super hyped for Forza Horizon 3, played heaps of number 2 and have been enjoying FH1 via BC this month.

2nd for my new house - going to trade my OG Xbox One for it...

Can't wait until November?

Or are you getting a Pro anyway?

mulac

Can't wait until November?

Or are you getting a Pro anyway?

Pro is definitely being bought also (thats the OG PS4 tradein).

So by end of November I plan on having PS4 Slim for light gaming in "upstairs man cave" and PS4 Pro in the main lounge for 4k/HDR goodness on the big screen for the more hardcore gaming sessions.

Stackboy

I am hyped, but no PC demo (at least yet) sucks, I want to play next week but then need to spend $140 for the privilege, should probably wait for some PC port impressions.

I love FH2 so this time I'm going all in on the ultimate edition, car pass and all.

3 days early is a nice bonus too.

jambo

Only thing that annoys me about FH3 is that I have to buy the expensive digital versions to get the Play Anywhere Windows 10 copy.

Only thing that annoys me about FH3 is that I have to buy the expensive digital versions to get the Play Anywhere Windows 10 copy.
I'm still amazed that people repeatedly pre-order PSN games in this country for AUD$99.95, rather than buying them for AUD$69 in a store on release day. But they do.

I'm still amazed that people repeatedly pre-order PSN games in this country for AUD$99.95, rather than buying them for AUD$69 in a store on release day. But they do.
If it's a game that you'll want to revisit over and over or somehow runs better digitally, it might be worth the extra money to download. I know that if I could, I'd swap out my physical version of Mario Kart for the digital version, even if it cost me a little more.

But preordering digitally is a little silly, I think.

mulac

Only ever preordered 2 PS4 games:

Dark Souls 3 Collectors including all DLC
No Man's Sky

Guess which one I feel better about...

radaxian

Oh no! Is that going to be the case for all cross platform Xbox One / Win 10 games - that only the digital versions will provide both copies?

I was hoping to get the PC versions by buying the Xbox One copies cheaply from Target/BigW etc as well.

Shaneus

Yeah I saw that earlier. It's amazing how little understanding they have of the internet. As much as the laud Turnbull as the guy who invented the internet in Australia, it's pretty clear he was just a venture capitalist that luckily bet on the right horse at the right time
Fucking knew the "internet filter" would be used for some bullshit like this. Labor is as much to blame as the Liberals for this.

And how much money will it net them? I bet nowhere near as much as it will cost to implement.

Seriously, what cunts.

I've been on a 50/20 500Gb plan for $70, and the 100/40 500Gb is $75.

Oh man I'm so jealous. I couldn't find a single 50/20 plan when I last searched and so reluctantly went with Tangerine Telcom on their unlimited 25/5 $68 plan :/ did providers just all agree to sucker people into 25mbps plans and they'd all stop offering 50mbps?

No sir you are not. As a big fan of MotorStorm, and an Australian citizen, I feel it is my duty to purchase and enjoy this videogame. HOWEVER...

... I will also be waiting for impressions to make it runs okay and is worth the hideous asking price. I assume with Play Anywhere that both versions are tied to the same account and I can't buy someone's code for PC?

Rizzi

Ugh. The last three days my internet has slowed to a crawl the second it hits midnight.
Quality internode service there.

Paasei

In Dubai as I write this waiting for the transfer flight. Then it's nearly 14 hours left to Sydney and my journey can begin.

Paasei

Already hate this hostel, rofl. Great start I guess.

Ah well, good motivation to find a job more fast and rent a room at someone who has a spare bedroom.

Paasei

Where abouts are you staying
I'm in Sydney for now. Planning to stay for at least a month. Just arrived today, so no clue just yet how it'll go for me.

Good thing I already found the local Hard Rock Cafe. Been collecting those shirts since I was 8. Just bought number 43.

Planning to move towards Melbourne later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom